PROJECT:PEGASUS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: PROJECT:PEGASUS

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mr. Langley and all,
I'm getting the feeling that while Dr. Brown may have been privy to the fission stuff, he would not have been as enthusiastic about it as one may be led to believe. After all, he was dealing with electromagnetism, and electrostatics, which would have led his research into a direction that is still being debated in classical physics today. It would seem more likely as Ms. Brown pointed out, that he was dealing with natural forces, not the brute forces we have been led to believe are the necessities of utilitarian energy "production" as J. P. Morgan and Edison were dealing with. And let's not forget that Mr. Morgan was heavily into oil with which the automotive industry was developing.

Dr. Brown, Hannes Alfven later, Nikola Tesla, Nathan Stubblefield, all were looking at the natural forces that power the Universe. It would seem to be reasonable, that may be one of the reasons that much of all of their works were either ridiculed, vehemently opposed and suppressed. When I think of Dr. Brown's work with asymmetry in his capacitor designs and the concentric ring capacitors of "Joe Cells" and other exotic fuel-less propulsion work, I cannot help but think that it was a manner in which to tap into that "aether energy" that has been so illusive. Or has it?

Henry Moray used a radioactive vacuum tube, but was Tesla's electric vehicle using radioactivity or had he actually perfected a "wave guide" that enabled him to tap into that energy that permeates all the universe? Tesla spoke in strange terms when he described many of his inventions, and it just may be that electrical engineers and physicists just refused to look beyond what was being told at the time. We are still influenced by that paradigm, only now it is more difficult to crack the porcelain jar that has been built around the quantum theories that are accepted today.

One such physicist that has been attempting to do so is Dr. Harold Aspden. Although much of his work seems to make sense and even I can handle some of his mathematics, he is being ignored by most in the field today. At first I thought is was his adversity with Einstein's works, but even so, he is not so much as being challenged as just being omitted.

It is quite possible that we are forming a group of laypersons here that may have the means to break the impasse of convention physics, by virtue of the work that Dr. Brown has done. There are also quite a few "scientists" among us, that have worked with some of this "exotic" technology, so they may already have the means to challenge convention. All they need is support from all of us, and we ARE a force to be reckoned with!
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

twigsnapper wrote:Langley,

Its a fit Langley. Loved your camel reference. Understand that if a " Caroline Group" can get an individual assigned to the Naval Research Lab they can also have him " reassigned" to something else very important. And you are right. Without that kind of pressure the Navy would NEVER, EVER have let him go.

Watch the timeline. Seven years later he is meeting with Admirals in Pearl Harbor. Again, how does a civilian manage that? And secret? yes, very secret. Even involved a president. Long story, perhaps too long... but Langley you deserve it. Good work. twigsnapper
Thanks Twigsnapper. I'll stop rummaging around for a valerian tablet and hit the sack.

That's what's bothered me, how could the Caroline Group have such pull as to extract a person in that situation. They had the clout to over ride the systems put in place by the President regarding the security mandated by Groves. Like, if Seaborg said nope, I wanna go home,

NRL’s work began almost seven months before President Franklin D.
Roosevelt received Albert Einstein’s famous letter about the potential for an atomic
bomb.6"[/b] Ahern.

"It remained to design a method to obtain the uranium 235 that Bohr had identified
as an ideal source for a chain reaction. “f the method will work, it is of outstanding
importance and will greatly modify the experimental program at this Laboratory." ibid.

"With the end of World War II, NRL scientists were eager to continue with their
research into nuclear propulsion. However, as a result of the security restrictions
placed on nuclear work, NRL still could not get information about Manhattan research.
Bowen felt that if the Navy was to pursue the creation of nuclear propulsion,
it needed to control all the related activities. The Navy would have to create
its own capabilities in both basic nuclear science and propulsion. In his plea for
the Navy’s re-entry into nuclear research, Gunn noted that submarine propulsion
was at the top of the list for the Navy’s prime interest. Despite
the security blackout,
Gunn was able to organize a symposium at NRL on November 19, 1945 for
submarine leaders to discuss the facts of nuclear propulsion." ibid.

"Forrestal accepted Patterson’s offer, even though it did not give the
Navy its own nuclear propulsion program until 1948 when the Bureau of Ships
formed the Nuclear Power Branch under Rickover.34" ibid.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... i_n9427299 :
"After 10 years of research into reactor development, a Submarine Officers Conference held in March 1949 endorsed the concept of building a nuclear propulsion system for installation in a submarine in January 1955. Capt. Hyman J. Rickover would over see the effort.

Recognizing the historic technological advances embodied in a nuclear-powered submarine, President Harry S. Truman officiated at the keel-laying ceremony held june 14,1952. Eighteen months later, a submarine that had a German World War II Type XXVI hull form, stood on the building ways amid hundreds of onlookers. The Navy invited First Lady Mamie Eisenhower to christen its newest warship.: (Source: Gary E. Weir, Forged in War: The Naval-Industrial Complex and American Submarine Construction, 1940-1961 (Washington, D.C.: Naval Historical Center, 1993). Weir and Gary Steinhaus assisted with this article.)

Once the Navy regained autonomy from M.P./AEC, Brown is meeting with Admirals in Pearl Harbor.
Last edited by Langley on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote: When I think of Dr. Brown's work with asymmetry in his capacitor designs and the concentric ring capacitors of "Joe Cells" and other exotic fuel-less propulsion work, I cannot help but think that it was a manner in which to tap into that "aether energy" that has been so illusive. Or has it? !
Why do you say "asymmetry"?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I reckon this is the link Langley has been quoting, sorry if its been posted elsewhere, but i couldn't find it,
http://caliber.ucpress.net/doi/pdf/10.1 ... ookieSet=1
kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Langley,

How could an organization have that kind of clout?

Ask yourself howcome a President flew all of the way to a remote island to meet a General he didn't even care for, a General who upon meeting him on the tarmack failed to salute him but shook his hand instead. Surely that trip was not on the top of Trumans list of favorite things to do.

But there was a stop over in Hawaii. And a ride in a convertible.

clout comes in various forms. twigsnapper
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:I reckon this is the link Langley has been quoting, sorry if its been posted elsewhere, but i couldn't find it,
http://caliber.ucpress.net/doi/pdf/10.1 ... ookieSet=1
kevin
this one.
"We had the hose turned on us!": Ross Gunn and the Naval Research ...
bureau chiefs until they had significant data to back it up. ...... I think we had the hose turned on us!” 41. No doubt Ross Gunn and the Naval Research ...
caliber.ucpress.net/doi/abs/10.1525/hsps.2003.33.2.217

or this one

http://www.ijnhonline.org/volume2_numbe ... _apr03.htm
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt.

Aleister Crowley Book Of The Law
As can be seen from the original verses, it is not meant as "Do whatever you please" but rather do what you will coming from love. Looking at it from the context in which t was written does not make Crowley such an evil person now does it?

Mr. Twigsnapper,
What was Crowley's involvement with Fleming? They were both in with MI6 before and during WWII and were to meet just before Fleming's sudden death in August (12th), 1964. And why was he supposed to meet with another "former" British Intelligence officer (Ivan T. Sanderson) in New Jersey? The only thing that I am aware of that was alleged to have happened there was in the 1970's at a little burg known as Ong's Hat. Supposedly a rogue faction attempting FTM work there.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Griffin
Senior Officer

Missing Time

Post by Griffin »

Nate-

Excerpt from your Viktor Grebennikov quote:

Thus, it may be possible to fly not just in space but also, or so it seems, in time. I cannot make the latter claim with a 100% guarantee, except perhaps that in flight, particularly at its beginning, a watch runs eratically, now too slow and then too fast. But, the watch is at its accurate time and speed at the end of the excursions.

My Comment:

The issue of time and timelessness or “missing time” occurs in both interdimensional references and in UFO abduction reports. Might there be a connection? As I’ve stated before, I can personally attest to an experience of missing time, recorded in the slowing of my watch. So, I’ll repeat here for what it may be worth. It occurred during a transmission of non-local, distance healing energy. I strongly felt the top-down infusion of this energy, replicating the Chinese poetics influenced name of the healing technique. Afterwards I found that my watch had lost twenty minutes, which corresponded to the peak period of the experience. This did not surprise my Chinese Qigong grandmaster when I informed her of it. My watch did not return to its accurate time at the end of my “excursion” –- I had to reset it.

It’s one thing to suspend time as we know it, but why would it affect a watch? Well, a watch does record the passage of ordinary, sequential time. Mine’s a Teslar with a Japanese quartz movement and a special frequency chip. It’s an excellent watch that has kept perfect time, including after I reset it following this incident. That was almost two years ago.

In the numerous cases of claimed “missing time” experienced in relation to UFO abductions, I’m not aware of watch stoppages -- although some may have been reported. UFO abductions are not an area of ufology I’m particularly up on.

Just some occasional kinks in the timeline, it seems. But the implications…

As ever,

Griffin
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Griffin wrote:Thus, it may be possible to fly not just in space but also, or so it seems, in time. I cannot make the latter claim with a 100% guarantee, except perhaps that in flight, particularly at its beginning, a watch runs eratically, now too slow and then too fast. But, the watch is at its accurate time and speed at the end of the excursions.

It’s one thing to suspend time as we know it, but why would it affect a watch? Well, a watch does record the passage of ordinary, sequential time. Mine’s a Teslar with a Japanese quartz movement and a special frequency chip. It’s an excellent watch that has kept perfect time, including after I reset it following this incident. That was almost two years ago.

In the numerous cases of claimed “missing time” experienced in relation to UFO abductions, I’m not aware of watch stoppages -- although some may have been reported. UFO abductions are not an area of ufology I’m particularly up on.

In the case of your watch losing time, it is possibly attributable to the energy that you were surrounded by/with during your healing session. Were there any other clocks in the immediate area that were similarly affected as your watch? Unless you subscribe to Einsteinian belief that space and time are truly inseparable, then no, you cannot travel in time and FTM is a great science fiction story and nothing else.

In the case of "abductees" they claim missing time as if they have a lapse in cognitive memory, but the physical time (including their watches and clocks) show that time had elapsed without their awareness of it. Einstein predicted and later it was proved that when traveling by jet (for example) you may notice your watch running a bit slower. The faster you travel the slower the clock (or watch) will run. What you seem to have experienced was not the quantum effect of velocity (I take it you were not driving very fast or flying) so this is yet another phenomena that cannot be explained (unless someone else has a theory/answer that I am not aware of) by classical physics. I guess that it can be categorised under the technical term of "Woo woo."

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mr. Twigsnapper,

I might know this one. I am the kid sitting in the back waving his hand in the air and yelling ... me.... pick me, pick me. THIS one I know. It was Truman meeting McArthur. I remember that because it was noted as a prime insult when the General met his President ( and the Commander in Chief) that he chose (instead of saluting) he offered a handshake which royally ticked Truman off. BUT .... you were not talking about that meeting really were you? A meeting in Hawaii before hand? Maybe the reason for the trip in the first place? I am lost on the date exactly but will find it soon. Didn't we talk about all of this a couple of years ago?

So what is happening here Mr. Jones? Maybe there was more going on at that meeting than Dr. Brown simply showing off what one of them said was a " amusement ride! MarkC
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thanks, Kevin, I've been wondering what Langley was quoting.

:lol: at Mark, bouncing in his seat.

From http://www.ijnhonline.org/volume2_numbe ... _apr03.htm;

The Naval Research Laboratory made a review of several naval facilities and came across the Naval Boiler and Turbine Laboratory at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.[16]

NRL proposed the construction of a pilot plant at the Philadelphia Navy Yard in June 1943. On July 24 Van Keuren, Gunn, and Abelson visited NBTL to determine if steam production and available facilities would meet their research needs. Eleven days later at a meeting between representatives of both laboratories it was agreed that NRL’s research would move to the Philadelphia facility. One stipulation of the set up was that the NRL research could not interfere with turbine testing.

Haven't I seen a picture of Dr. B, engaged in turbine testing? But wasn't that much earlier, like 1937? (seems like I associate it with the year the reportedly missing finger reappeared.)

Anyway, that's a VERY interesting link, with a wealth of information in the footnotes. I can't help but agree with Gunn that the September 1942 establishment of the MED under the US army extended the war by months. It appears that Vannevar Bush let his personal animosity toward the NRL get in the way of the best interests of the country.

Take care of yourself, Langley. Don't fry your brain, you are needed for the long haul!
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Didn't We Talk About This Before?

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote: But there was a stop over in Hawaii. And a ride in a convertible.
And a demonstration for some Admirals.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

the background and events of Truman's famous trip are told here in the narratives of those who were involved, from the time the decision was made on October 9, through the meeting with MacArthur on the 14th. I thought it was interesting that Truman wanted to take all 4 Chiefs of Staff with him.

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/wake/planning.htm

I couldn't find a picture of the motorcade, though. It's copyrighted by the Honolulu Star.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

One of the things that fascinates me (yeah, big list) about this Philadelphia NRL uranium enrichment thing is just how little it's filtered into the popular coverage.

I mean, take a look at the Wikipedia article and its nice map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Project
No Philadelphia anywhere. Granted the wiki isn't definitive, but it's generally a good snapshot of the centre of gravity of popular nerdy, if not scholarly, opinion.

When did this start breaking into view, and why isn't the general public aware of it yet? We're not talking about deeply fringe subjects with *this* one, there's no reason for researchers to be shy of it.
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Found at The Atomic Heritage Foundation website:
http://www.atomicheritage.org/index.php ... view&id=92
The Philadelphia Experiment
Image Peter Newport Bragg Jr. 1920 - 1944
On September 2, 1944, a group of engineers, some civilian, some military, were working on an experimental facility at the Philadelphia Navy Yard when, without warning, it exploded. Peter Bragg and Douglas Meigs, both civilian engineers assigned to the Manhattan Project, were killed; five others were critically injured. Read more here http://www.atomicheritage.org/index.php ... &Itemid=84.
Image Douglas Paul Meigs 1918 - 1944
Douglas Meigs was employed by the H. K. Ferguson Company of Cleveland, OH. The H. K. Ferguson Company was the primary contractor building the giant S-50 Plant at Oak Ridge, TN. The S-50 Plant was based on the technology developed at the pilot-plant at the Naval Research Laboratory at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. He was killed in the same accident that took the life of Peter Bragg.

The Philadelphia Incident

On September 2, 1944, three men entered the transfer room of the liquid thermal diffusion semi-works at the Philadelphia Navy Yard to repair a clogged tube. The tube they were working on consisted of two concentric pipes with liquid uranium hexafluoride circulating in the space between them; the innermost pipe contained high-pressure steam. These men, all from different backgrounds and each representing a different facet of the complex Manhattan Engineer District, had one thing in common: they had all volunteered to work in a dangerous environment on a process that only recently had moved from the laboratory experimental stage to a pilot plant operation. Peter N. Bragg Jr., a chemical engineer from Arkansas, was hired in June by the Navy Research Lab; Douglas P. Meigs was an employee of the H. K. Ferguson Company of Cleveland, OH, the prime contractor for the thermal diffusion project; and, Arnold Kramish, a physicist by education and a member of the Special Engineer Detachment (SED), was on loan from Oak Ridge, TN. Kneeling on the floor with a Bunsen burner, Bragg and Meigs worked to free the clogged tube. Without warning, at 1:20 PM, there was a terrific explosion. As the tube shattered, the liquid uranium hexafluoride combined with the escaping steam and showered the two engineers with hydrofluoric acid, one of the most corrosive agents known. Within minutes, both Peter Bragg and Douglas Meigs, with 3rd degree burns over their entire bodies, were dead and Arnold Kramish, also burned, was near death. Thus began one of the most extraordinary events in the history of the Manhattan Project. Due to the extreme secrecy surrounding the Manhattan Project in general and the experimental facility at the Philadelphia Navy Yard in particular, an immediate veil was drawn down over the incident by the highest authority available: General Leslie Groves.

Due to the extreme secrecy surrounding the incident, even the Philadelphia coroner was not made aware of the actual causes of death. It was not until many years later that the true facts began to emerge. However, it was too late for the parents of Peter Bragg, who both died never knowing of how their son had died.

The U.S.S. Wisconsin

On September 2, 1944, as the explosion ripped through Image the transfer room of the Naval Research Laboratory's thermal diffusion experimental pilot-plant, the battleship U.S.S. Wisconsin sat berthed not more than 200 yards away. Just back from its "shakedown" cruise, the sailors on board were never made aware that they had been exposed to a cloud of uranium hexafluoride. Although not highly-radioactive, the uranium-hexafluoride is nevertheless, toxic.

Web Master's Note: The below article, which was reported the day following the explosion, is a good example of the secrecy of the project. There is no mention as to the cause or what they were working on at the time. However, one curious sentence should have given rise to a few questions. It is mentioned that five of the injured were all U. S. Army privates first-class. One might have wondered why there were Army privates involved at all. Actually they were part of a special detachment of SED's (Manhattan Project Special Engineering Detachment) on loan from Oak Ridge! Of course, due to the secrecy, the firemen and others were never aware that they were exposed to radioactive uranium hexafluoride.

"Explosion at Navy Yard"

The Philadelphia Record

Philadelphia, Pa.

September 3, 1944

"9 Are Injured; Blast Heard in Wide Area" SIDE OF BUILDING RIPPED OUT; FIRE EXTINGUISHED - Two specialists were killed and nine other men injured late yesterday afternoon when an explosion, followed by fire, ripped out the side of a building at the Navy Yard.The blast, heard throughout the Navy Yard and in some sections of South Philadelphia, occurred while Navy technicians were at work.Gas was released, burning the lungs of some of the men. They were given first aid at the scene and then sent to the Naval Hospital. At least one is in "a very critical condition," the Navy announced.Two other men, Navy Yard firemen, collapsed while fighting the blaze. Their condition is not serious.The two men who died following arrival at the Naval Hospital were:Douglas P. Meigs, 26, Tacoma Park, Md., an employee of the H. K. Ferguson Company of Cleveland.Peter N. Bragg Jr., 24, Fayetteville, Ark., a Navy chemical engineer.The injured included five U. S. Army first class privates. They were: Merlyn L. Hanson, Grand Meadows, Minn.; John E. Tompkins, Arlington, Va.; George LeFevre, Columbia, Miss.; Stewart Bloom, Chicago, Ill.; and, Arnold Kramish, Denver, Co.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All