Townsend Brown notebooks 1,2 and 4?

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Townsend Brown notebooks 1,2 and 4?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Don't know whats happening guys but the post on Andrews site for the notebooks also comes up 404 .... so "whats happening her, Mr. Jones?"
I am sure that being able to read some of Townsend Browns own thoughts directly from his own lab notebooks will REALLY help spur on the conversations we have been having about his work. Elizabeth
adminman

Post by adminman »

The very comprehensive and well-transcribed version of the notebooks appears to have been transferred to Andrew's "Qualight LLC" website. Try this link:

http://soteria.com/journals/

--PS
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Problems getting the Journals on Qualight/Soteria

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi All,

Please let me know if you ever have problems accessing anything on qualight/soteria.com. They are both linked so it should be transparent.

Everything will always be linked to from the base site address.

Odd that Rex would have shut the journals down. They were only up a very short time, and Elizabeth and I found them individually within the span of a few days.

Andrew
Trickfox
The Magician

Journals are there as of 2:09 AM Sat Feb 25th

Post by Trickfox »

Hello everyone

I just checked on the journals and I've got no problems accessing them.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Townsend Brown Notebook #1

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Good morning all

Welcome Trickfox ..... I too share the sentiment of the verse.

So .... anybody want to talk about the last thing that TTBrown mentioned in his first notebook ..... I'll quote, in case others haven't gotten there yet .... "Entire water body is the Cathode envelope and is DRIVEN astern. Ship (dielectric) is DRIVEN forward." I think the date on that entry was 1955 ... the same year Einstein died? right? or am I off a year? And the note is also that TTBrown was in Leesburg Virginia at the time.

Am I seeing " The Hunt for Red October" in those words? .... or is it just my hopeful imagination? Note .... there would be no moving parts .... watch the movie folks, if you havent seen it in awhile ..... sometimes things of importance are mentioned and then left in plain sight.

Leesburg Virginia ,by the way .... shows up several times in the story of Townsend Brown. The family returned to that (used to be little) town right outside Washington DC..... I visited there a couple of years ago while doing some research for Paul. Its a charming town but we both have wondered ... what was it about the place that prompted travelers such as the Browns to return ?.... over and over.?.... anybody out there have any ideas ... or perhaps knowledge of the family there in those years?
Thankyou Andrew for making it possible for us to share TTBrowns words and thoughts ...... Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

other notebooks

Post by Victoria Steele »

How many lab notebooks did Townsend Brown write and how is it that only 1,2 and 4 have been brought to the publics attention?

I noticed that in notebook number one Brown mentions Martin Jessups book, (or at least he quotes him)...not sure..... from the book. In fact its one of the first things Brown mentions in the notebook.

Jessup ... (all of you Philadelphia Experiment fans already know )... was the one whose book was passed around in Washington and eventually became the starting story for Moores Philadelphia Experiment book. Did Brown ever know Jessup?... his words seem .... at least a little familiar. Take a look at notebook #1 ... tell me how you interpret it. Having these notebooks to pour over has been WONDERFUL.

About that time (1955-1956 .. I think )... Brown started NICAP, which developed into a pretty substantial investigation group on UFOs .... and thats what Jessups book was all about. Strikes me that they were interested in the same sort of fringe subject and they probably knew each other. Victoria
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Twonsend Browns Notebooks

Post by Martin Calloway »

Paul ....

Help me out here. I am still confused as to where I need to go with these comments. I found a like commentary here , so I guess this will do ... but man ... this searching around stinks. How about setting up a separate slot for a discussion ONLY of stuff relating to what Townsend Brown wrote in his lab notebooks. I think there are enough of us, interested enough, to fill it pretty well . Then if people need to split off into separate discussion groups, maybe there is a way to do that.

I used to work in a mail room when I was a kid. (remember "How to Succeed in Business Without Really TRying"? Like that .... Rule One ... when you find yourself in the mail room .... get out! .... but I did learn one thing. I was good at popping things in the coups. Just like magic. Thats sort of what needs to happen here Paul. You need more coups ... because your mail is going to increase when people really start talking about all this stuff . Once they find it. So .... Can I have a coup marked .... Townsend Brown Notebooks 1,2 and 4. Perhaps later that could expand to the other notebooks? Wherever they are? Martin
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Twonsend Browns Notebooks

Post by Trickfox »

Martin Calloway wrote:Paul ....

I am still confused as to where I need to go with these comments. Can I have a coup marked .... Townsend Brown Notebooks 1,2 and 4. Perhaps later that could expand to the other notebooks? Wherever they are? Martin
Welcome to John Nash's "thinking room". :roll: grab a string and follow it. :wink:

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

grabbing Nash strings

Trickfox.

Exactly, laughing here! Have a mental image of all the papers on the wall, all the connecting strings ... are we all as nuts as he was? Or was he the only sane one in the room? Still, I can't resist tugging on the damned mental string, just to see what happens. Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

How many journals could a scientist write, if a scientist...

Post by Chris Knight »

Brown wrote more journals than one would think. The Brown family library contains the rest of the series represented by Volumes 1, 2, and 4 for future use.

In addition, one of the anomalies you will notice if you are a studious reader of the volumes is a gap in volume 2,

"Page 21

During the period from October 1958 to October 1967 (9 years) no notes were made."

So for 9 years no notes were made? :P

BTW, I've finished formatting the three volumes so they should be a bit easier to navigate.

Enjoy,

Andrew
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

no notes? imossible

Andrew,

I noticed that entry and wondered when I saw it . Nine years without keeping a lab notebook? Are you absolutely kidding me! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! You don't make a commitment to your work like that and then leave the written record of that work alone for NINE YEARS. Absolutely not.

So what was he doing ? and where are the notes HE MUST HAVE MADE.
I am just going by human nature here. There have to be other notebooks. So Paul? Is this something we have to wait for too? Or have you just failed to mention the other books , simply because no one asked? Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Missing notes

Post by Chris Knight »

Right.

Volume I - 10/11/55 - 7/7/58 (~ 3 years)

Volume II (1) - 8/23/58-9/29/58 (1 month)

Missing - 9/30/58 - 10/22/67 (9 years)

Volume II (2) - 10/23/67 - 11/15/73 (~ 6 years)

Volume III - 11/16/73 - 1/27/75 (~ 1 year)

Volume IV - 1/28/75 - 2/3/77 (~ 2 years)...

I also wonder about the large gaps such as Volume II 5/31/70 through 3/26/73. He didn't slow down, so I wonder what was going on at that time. It sometimes reminds me of book-keeping where one set of ledgers keep the real information and another keeps the information perceived by the public.

Andrew
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

maybe black notebooks?

All,

In the Prologue titled " Every Cabbie in Catalina" there is a touching and very vivid scene that Paul writes where Dr. Brown has determined to take some papers (somewhere) and he has made plans to travel alone.

At least thats what his family thinks. Paul quotes Linda as saying basically "Don't go. You'll die and Mother and I will have to come to get your body to bring you home". She added. I would have said that too, pushing desperation, "Don't we mean anything to you?"

But Paul mentions that Dr. Brown continues with his trip , taking papers that he has stuffed into a couple of cases. The missing notebooks in that bunch maybe? I can see his reasoning, if they were actually the "double books that has been mentioned by Andrew, then they could not be left behind to be lost or captured by an outside entity. I believe Dr. Brown knew that he was dying. And apparently these notebooks were extremely important or he wouldn't have needed to hand carry them so far when he was in such poor health.

But he did not ask Linda to go along with him. I have wondered (the romantic in me again) did he just not want his daughter and Morgan to meet up again? Morgan, according to Paul, met Dr. Brown when his helicopter landed from Catalina. So who did Morgan represent then?. Paul called him a protege, which means that maybe Morgan was working for Dr. Brown? So what is going on here? Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Missing Time Page

Post by Chris Knight »

All,

In case any of you were curious about the missing time page, Paul suggested I put up a photo of it, which I have linked from Journal Vol. 2:

http://www.qualight.com/journals/missing.jpg

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Missing Time Page

Post by Trickfox »

Chris Knight wrote:All,

In case any of you were curious about the missing time page, Paul suggested I put up a photo of it, which I have linked from Journal Vol. 2:

http://www.soteria.com/journals/journal2.htm#missing

Andrew
Oh boy, we in are trouble now, :twisted:
The man in Brown has been found by the "robots". :roll:
Oh gee, I guess Artificial intelligence has to be born sometime in the near future.
Elizabeth "That's a Golden Brown Thread color don't you think?

It's like "Q" popping in to the pool everyone. :D

Just say hello to our little friend "Q" he just popped out the rabbit hole:D

well, what the bleep do I know anyway.

Trickfox