Welcome to the Rose Files (with TTB Timeline)

Long-time Townsend Brown inquirer Jan Lundquist – aka 'Rose' in The Before Times – has her own substantial archive to share with readers and visitors to this site. This forum is dedicated to the wealth of material she has compiled: her research, her findings, and her speculations.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Welcome to the Rose Files (with TTB Timeline)

Post by Jan Lundquist »

These posts provide supplemental information to the The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown, which is the only extant biography of the man. If you are not familiar with the story, you can see the timeline here:

https://www.thomastownsendbrown.com/misc/timeline.htm

Author Paul worked closely with Townsend's daughter, Linda, who later wrote an unpublished memoir entitled The Good-bye Man. I was the story editor for her project and had access to a trove of family documents. I began to look at the historical records around the times, people, and places Linda remembered, to see if I could find evidence of Townsend's presemce. In a sense, Townsend was always "the man who wasn't there." But it it worth pointing out that he was always, always in close proximity to some of the biggest developments of the day in America's race to space.

Ten years ago, I was posting these findings at my blog, Honk if You know Townsend. Now that Paul has decided to issue a revised edition of his book, I am revisiting those old entries, filtering out the ones that might be useful to future researchers. For now I will be annotating and updating them and moving them to this section.

If you have questions about, contributions to, or quarrels with any of my posts, please do not hesitate to let me know.

As Linda is fond of saying, thanking you in advance,
Jan Lundquist
Feb. 1, 2023
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Re: Welcome to the Rose Files (with TTB Timeline)

Post by natecull »

Hi Jan! I think I wrote this timeline back in 2009, based on a quick summary of Defying Gravity shortly after it was published. I was under the impression that "Chris Knight" was interested in setting up a research wiki (and I think he began one), but it got shut down shortly after. However the document made its way to the Qualight site and then to the Townsend Brown Family site, with slightly broken HTML formatting. A couple months ago I did a refresh pass over it, and the slightly updated version is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TownsendBrown/ ... _timeline/
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

the Paris Demonstrations

Post by Jan Lundquist »

We know that Townsend give demonstrations for the French Aerospace Agency/Sud Oest (sp?) I know, from Jacques Cornillion's papers, that after the first demonstration, 2 more were given, to successively more important groups, all the way up to the head of the French national science program.

AFIK, the meetings were not classified, though they would have been protected as company secrets. The celebratory photograph (Paul, do you have a copy of the champagne party one?) makes me think that was an outward show. This event is another that feels to me as though it was constructed for public consumption. We now know, from Cornillion's copy of the report, that the demonstrations were something more.

Release of Project Montgolfier Report on T. T. Brown's 1955 - 1956 Electrogravitic Experiments, Paul La Violette
https://starburstfound.org/electrograviticsblog/?p=49

Jess, you may have something to say about this, as you have seen (and stashed away, I hope) the full report.