PEOPLE & PLACES & DATES

Here is where we focus on separating the facts from the fiction, identifying what we KNOW from what what we DON'T KNOW about the life and work of Townsend Brown
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Re: PEOPLE & PLACES & DATES

Post by natecull »

Sorry. Guess this thread's shot to heck anyway but don't know where else to put this. We were talking about USAF/Navy divisions and the Navy potentially being the 'white hats' with regard to pushing openness of black technology, or positioned as such in some of the literature. From Slashdot today:

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl? ... 20/1253219
"Tabletop" Fusion Researcher Committed Scientific Misconduct
Posted by Soulskill on Monday July 21, @02:23AM
from the rebranding-doesn't-always-work dept.
Power Science Technology
Geoffrey.landis writes "A Purdue University panel investigated allegations against nuclear engineering professor Rusi Taleyarkhan, finding that he had in fact committed scientific misconduct in his work. Taleyarkhan had published papers in which he reported seeing evidence of nuclear fusion in the collapse of tiny bubbles in a liquid subjected to ultrasonic excitation — a finding that would be groundbreaking, if true, but one that apparently could not be replicated by other researchers. The allegations against Taleyarkhan were made in March of 2006. A local Indiana paper gives the full list of allegations against Taleyarkhan, and the resolution of each by the panel. The full report (PDF) is also available. Of the nine specific allegations, only two were found to comprise scientific misconduct. The committee 'could not find any other instances of scientists being able to replicate Taleyarkhan's results without Taleyarkhan having direct involvement with the experiments,' but notes that this comes 'just short of questioning whether Taleyarkhan's results were fraudulent.'"
The article here:
http://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008b/0807 ... rkhan.html
July 18, 2008
Purdue committee completes research misconduct investigation
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -

Purdue University on Friday (July 18) announced that an investigative committee with members from five institutions has concluded that two allegations against Rusi Taleyarkhan, a professor of nuclear engineering, constituted research misconduct.

The report has been accepted by the U.S. Office of Naval Research, the funding agency that referred several misconduct allegations to Purdue. Joseph L. Bennett, Purdue vice president for university relations, said the complete report is available online at http://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008b/0807 ... Report.pdf. The ONR's letter of acceptance is online at http://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008b/080718ONRLetter.pdf.
I've been following the 'sonofusion' story with interest, and it looks to me as if Taleyarkhan is getting much the same treatment Pons and Fleischmann did. Perhaps it's justified, perhaps not. The two allegations which were upheld are: Dr Xu added Dr Butt's name as a co-author though he did not participate in the experiment (only proofread the results), and he did not add his mentor, Dr Taleyarkhan's name to the report to create a false impression of independently reproduced results.

Okay, so yes, there's secrecy and odd dealing here. I'm not a scientist, so this may be a bigger deal than it seems to me, but it seems to me that this is all a distraction from the core question of 'does this technology actually WORK?' And what are conditions like in the lab that Taleyarkhan needs to resort to this kind of subterfuge to get his results published? Isn't *that* the story?

This is the reaction from science to alleged new power generation discoveries of a certain nature that just floors me. There should be scientists swarming like bees on the slightest sign of a new effect, with or without mountains of evidence - instead, they seem to run screaming for the doors and queue up to disassociate themselves while shouting 'misconduct!' As if there's a distinct no-go line. It's like someone farted in a crowded room. An impoliteness has occurred and there's a sudden embarrassed hush in conversation. Some questions best not researched and sponsors and careers just evaporate if you do. But that's conspiracy thinking, of course.

Interesting that in the wider Cold Fusion scene, it's the Navy that seems to have been one of the few 'white knights' backing the technology in the face of the harsh winter. Eg.

http://www.infinite-energy.com/iemagazi ... /navy.html
The work described in this report was performed for the Office of Naval Research through the collaboration of Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego (SSC San Diego); the Naval Air Warfare Center, Weapons Division, China Lake; and the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Released by G.W. Anderson, Head, Applied Research and Technology Branch, Under authority of R.H. Moore, Head, Environmental Sciences Division.
As I write this Foreword, California is experiencing rolling blackouts due to power shortages. Conventional engineering, planned ahead, could have prevented these blackouts, but it has been politically expedient to ignore the inevitable. We do not know if Cold Fusion will be the answer to future energy needs, but we do know the existence of Cold Fusion phenomenon through repeated observations by scientists throughout the world. It is time that this phenomenon be investigated so that we can reap whatever benefits accrue from additional scientific understanding. It is time for government funding organizations to invest in this research.

Dr. Frank E. Gordon, Head Navigation and Applied Sciences Department
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego
This was in 2002.

So - hmm. I can't quite get my head around where the Navy is at with regard to this. Did they push this ethics investigation, or are they just playing 'strictly by the book'?
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Nate, I liked your inspirational pieces very much. The one about the Greeks' view of time reminded me of the I Chings admonition to "ride the six stages of the dragon." i always compared the 6 stages to the project life cycle as I know it
(Inspiration, Research, Development, Implementation, Maintenance, Phase out and replacement), but of course those are only the outward manifestations of the cycles.

My impression after reading your .pdf about the bubble fusion project at Purdue is that the accusations originated from a Joshua Walters (see page 28) who claimed to be present (but was not) at an Oak Ridge demonstration. Since that's where Dr. T. worked before going to Purdue there may have been a longstanding rivalry between the two men, but at the Class I Carnegie Research institutions, so called because of the number and variety of Ph.Ds they produce, allegations of research fraud MUST be investigated if the Institution wishes to continue to receive government grants. That's never optional.

Further reading of the .pdf tell me that it's highly probable that there was no one on the investigating committee who was qualified to critique the work Dr. T was doing, although this is not unusual in esoteric fields. They pointed to the presence of an icepack in his apparatus that was not clearly included in the diagram and noted that the incomplete diagrams prevented true experimental replication. They leave the way open for others to find out whether or not the demonstrated effect was ice-pack dependent, and what that might mean if it was.

All in all, It seems to me that they bent over backwards to go easy on Dr. T but any finding of falsification leaves a scientist so terribly tainted in academia. No one will ever bother to find out that the falsification was in the authorship of a document, not in the data or findings.

My take on it all, anyway. Not necessarily the right one.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

After reading some of the previous posts I got curious and I wanted to read a little more about Michael Riconosciuto, so I did a web search. What I found was not what I was expecting to find. I wanted to know about the child prodigy who grew up to work with electro hydrodynamics. What I found was an endless supply of dark trails dealing with the octopus. I kept reading thinking that I would catch up on my history, only to discover that it is not history, it is current. I don’t know if the information that I am copying below is true or not, but if it is the dates of the postings are within this year. Is this thing is still active??? Watch some of the video links at the end of the post. If those are real then it is still ongoing today.
http://www.desertfae.com/ wrote:Who Am I?
Let me tell you who I am so you understand why I’m so interested in this case.

My dad was Ralph Boger, murdered with his best friend Fred Alvarez and their friend Patty Castro in 1981 at Fred’s house in Rancho Mirage. My dad and Fred were about to expose the octopus before their murder. The last time I saw my dad alive he told me that he and Fred were trying to stop some “bad people from doing shady things”.

Since the murders, I was told various lies to keep me quiet. I didn’t know about the “octopus’ or any of this stuff until just recently. Let me give you a few things that made me question the investigation early on:

* We were never notified by police of the murders, we found out from the TV
* Our family was not allowed to see my dad’s body, ever
* We were not allowed to have the remains
* When we asked to speak with the other families, we were told that they could not give us that information
* The autopsy on my dad was wrong
* When my step mom and I went to get my dad’s bus hundreds of miles from the murder scene, my dad’s dog, Pal, a large St Barnard was there, when the dog was initially at the murder scene days before. When we attempted to get the dog we were shot at. We then went to the police and told them about the dog and getting shot at and were told to “forget it happened” after a phone call was made.
* When I was 16 and got my first car I decided to go to find out what I could. I went to the murder scene which was bulldozed over and spoke with neighbors, found that the police lied to us about no close neighbors. I also went to the Cabazon Reservation and started asking questions there and was told to stop snooping around.
* The following month I received death threats via the phone-there was no caller ID at the time so I don’t know who it was calling.
* I went back down to Indio and made a huge scene in their lobby demanding they do something about the murder because they wouldn’t see me.. then I threatened to get the media down there. At that point they took me into a room and told me “someone is in the witness protection program and if you don’t shut up they will die. You know you never saw your dad’s body.” So of course, I thought it was my dad.

For the following years I called randomly to see how the investigation was going.. I was told a lot of different stories and never really given an answer.

In late Aug 2007 I was doing a random search online for family history and looked up both my grandpa’s on my mom’s and dad’s side and wasn’t able to find anything. I then searched for my dad and found a book. I couldn’t understand why his name was in a book so I tried to contact the author with no luck, he never responded. I then bought the book and read most of it. I found that it was a book to debunk the Inslaw affair and such.. so I then did a search for Fred and came up with a million sites about different conspiracies.

Let me explain before I go on, that before all of this, I thought the conspiracy people were just freaks.. until I got involved in this.

The next day after looking up so much my head hurt I called the sheriffs dept in Indio and told them that I found all this and they needed to squash it all. The Sgt I spoke to didn’t seem to have any clue about my dad, Fred’s and Patty’s case.. he said he’d look up some of the sites and the case and call back. Approx 5-6 hours later he called and told me he had a chance to go through the files and look up the sites and told me it was all true. He also told me that there was nobody in the witness protection program at anytime that he could find. I was floored. I then asked what he was going to do about the case and he told me NOTHING, unless I got him evidence.

That’s where my story comes into play.

I started investigating all of this. I have contacts now with the same people Danny Casolaro did (well, not all of them, some I choose not to speak with due to their dangerous activities). I have some contact’s Danny didn’t have as well. And the kicker is.. I’m posting what I find online for all to see.
The Octopus
The Cabazon Native Americans were a small tribe with less than 20 members back in the day.. they were very poor, had no running water or electricity. John P Nichols approached them and promised to help them if he could take over the tribe and they let him. His motives were not to help them but because the reservation was sovereign he knew he could get away with multiple black ops programs without the same laws as say, a regular city.
He ruled there by keeping the tribe in fear, formed a joint partnership with Wackenhut and started doing things like arms deals, drug deals, the Iran-contra affair, October Surprise, the Promis(e) software modifications (inslaw affiar), money laundering, human traffickin etc.
Fred found out about what was going on.. confronted JP Nichols and was told to back off. He approached my dad and told him of what was going on-he wrote Ronald Reagan who was about to run for president or already had announced that he was running to let him know of his concerns. Reagan wrote him back IN DETAIL about October Surprise and other black ops programs. At that point either Fred or both my dad and Fred (I’m not sure cause I was only 13) broke into JP Nichols office and either took or copied paperwork proving everything.
Fred then went to the Desert Sun (a local newspaper) and told them that the government was abusing Indian land and told them he was afraid he would be killed.. My dad and Fred were supposed to meet with someone about all of this on July 1 1981 to turn over the paperwork and were found dead that day.. all paperwork gone.
My dad did tell me the last time I saw him that him and Fred (who I considered an uncle) were trying to stop bad guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hd4QqGLns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS1U2qJVL6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Tmoxnt ... re=related

GV
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Holy Moly!
From your link:

Posted: July 16, 2008 06:52 PM

By Nathan Baca
News Channel 3

There are new developments in a year-long News Channel 3 investigation.The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is looking into possible connections between a triple murder in 1981 and murder-suicide in 2005 that claimed six lives.
It's a story you'll only see on News Channel 3.

We have internal documents from the Cold Case Division of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department showing the depth of the investigation.We will not reveal the investigators' identity at this time since the documents show their lives may be in danger.The investigation ranges from a local indian tribe to the top levels of the federal government.Nicaraguan arms deals, stolen computer databases, weapons testing on local Cabazon Indian land and a lawsuit alleging conspiracy from the highest federal officials of the 1980s. All of these are now being investigated by the Riverside County Cold Case Division.
desertfae
Space Cadet

Post by desertfae »

I found out you guys had been visiting my site so I wandered here and registered.
I'm not really sure what this site is, or what these forums are for, but here I am.
greggvizza, I can assure you that the "octopus" is alive and well, unfortunately.
Here are some better videos, you happened to get some of my dorky ones lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnhRnaevU0 (summary type video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3ZR6CuXWs (preview of me and Fred's son confronting Jimmy Hughes in Feb 08-there are 3 others if you look under confrontations on the right at my site)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppQyAOpQD7A (me confronting Oliver North)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zBKeMLStwk (report from KESQ 7/16/08)
I think I have like 60 or something videos .. they are sort of 'vlog' style.. so if you start at the beginning you'll see how my investigation has progressed.
Rachel aka desertfae
http://www.desertfae.com
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Rachel,

Don't give up. It takes alot to stop the bad guys.

Before you all get sidetracked with this exceptionally interesting and valuable group of information maybe I should comment on why we went back to the " Octopus" regarding Townsend Brown.

Mining. A special method of mining. Work done in Reno under William Lears control. There have been faint whiffs and I do not blame you for being sidetracked. A mine that is not actually "pinched out" but diverted.

Rachels story and persistance would make anyone hesitate. But go for the faint scent of the fox and do not let the arms of this Octopus sidetrack you.

Rachel, ride the river with this group. It might eventually help you answer the questions that you have.

And Paul. I am probably the one who " Pissed AM off" I think that he was impatiently waiting for me to answer some of his demanding questions and that didn't happen. He should have taken notes from you! twigsnapper
desertfae
Space Cadet

Post by desertfae »

twigsnapper wrote:Rachel,

Don't give up. It takes alot to stop the bad guys.

Before you all get sidetracked with this exceptionally interesting and valuable group of information maybe I should comment on why we went back to the " Octopus" regarding Townsend Brown.

Mining. A special method of mining. Work done in Reno under William Lears control.
I don't know anything about mining really. I do know that Michael had discovered a new way of mining before he was arrested. As a matter of fact, the chemicals they tried to say were for drugs were actually used in his mining business. (this in itself is important news I'm told from those that know stuff about mining).
I will let Michael tell his own story about his mining though... I'll let you guys know when/where you can hear about it.. it will probably be available within 6 mo, so I'm told.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I find it interesting that Wackenhut handled the security at the Federal prison where Michael was at.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

I think that they guarded the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia too, ironically.

Rachel, Any information you can give and any thing headed in this direction will be greatly appreciated I am sure.

And trickfox. Remember what I said about your skirts. <g> ( Now THATS going to generate some puzzled looks but you know what I mean.) twigsnapper
desertfae
Space Cadet

Post by desertfae »

Mikado14 wrote:I find it interesting that Wackenhut handled the security at the Federal prison where Michael was at.

Mikado
I could say a LOT about Wackenhut... but I think probably most on this forum know what they are all about.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Well, I am not a chemist nor a geologist--we can await comment by Andrew for any confirmation on this possibility. But it occurs to me that if, by exploiting the natural capacitative gradients in a line of deposits, ones that are already pretty high in the scale (barium, uranium) you could mine by charging (using the electrostatic/implosive technologies described in the thread above) a certain number of square feet at a time and instead of getting an enormous explosion you simply get conversion to ... dust. Which can then be separated by, oh I dunno, a process already outlined in TTB's notebooks. Then you might not really need a bunch of mining staff any more, and a mine could then appear to be shut down for all intents and purposes. How much would you physically be taking out of the mine anyway--only the very pure result of your efforts, and that could come out in briefcases.

And an operation that moves a lot of powdered substances around sure looks a lot like a drug ring...

Why did the surface of the desert get lowered by 30 feet? It didn't say it was vaporized, but if you reduce an area to dust, and the dust settles or blows away...you get a nice big dusty hole. That must have led some people to think about other holes in the ground...

Way out on a limb, parking my butt next to this here raccoon.

Echoing Rose in thanks also to you for your inspirational post, natecull, we can all use those reminders.

R.
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Rachel,

I'm so sorry about your Dad. You must have been very young when you lost him.Congratulations on having the case reopened! I hope you see justice done before you are too much older.

This forum came into existence when Paul Schatzkin started writing a book about a scientist by the name of Thomas Townsend Brown. He was another child genius, like Michael, but his secret research from sometime in the 40's and 50's has been well hidden. Michael is one of the few scientists today who has talked openly about using some of that knowledge

You sound as though you know him well. I'll bet this group could come up with a dozen or more questions for him. Do you think he would be willing to answer them?

rose
desertfae
Space Cadet

Post by desertfae »

Rose wrote:Rachel,

I'm so sorry about your Dad. You must have been very young when you lost him.Congratulations on having the case reopened! I hope you see justice done before you are too much older.

This forum came into existence when Paul Schatzkin started writing a book about a scientist by the name of Thomas Townsend Brown. He was another child genius, like Michael, but his secret research from sometime in the 40's and 50's has been well hidden. Michael is one of the few scientists today who has talked openly about using some of that knowledge

You sound as though you know him well. I'll bet this group could come up with a dozen or more questions for him. Do you think he would be willing to answer them?

rose
Thanks Rose,
I was 13 when the murders took place, and yes, things are progressing along in the case now finally.
I've passed a link to this forum along. I know that the some of the stuff Michael had done with mining was new technology, so we'll just have to see if who I passed it onto wants to respond or not.
Rachel
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thirteen! That's a critical age for any young girl to lose her dad. It would be hard enough to absorb if his death was because of an accident or poor health. To lose him to murder and then be treated the way you were treated and never allowed to even see his body must have been completely shocking and confusing.I will keep you in my prayers that you be safe and protected until you find the answers that you need in order to have peace with this tragedy.

Mr. Twigsnapper gives very good advice. He has more experience with these types of bad guys than the rest of us and when he speaks, we listen.

So welcome to the forum, and thanks for passing our link along to someone who might have some answers.

rose
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Rachel,

To lose your dad at any age is hard. I lost mine to liver cancer a few years ago. I still miss him. To lose your Dad at such a tender age can be confusing for anyone. We echo Rose's prayers for you and your family.

Rachel, this mining business is most interesting as Thomas Townsend Brown may have been the developer of the original technology that made this happen. As Rose stated, some of these projects are black projects and well hidden. If this technology could come out in the open, it could do good for mankind.

Take care.
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...