PEOPLE & PLACES & DATES

Here is where we focus on separating the facts from the fiction, identifying what we KNOW from what what we DON'T KNOW about the life and work of Townsend Brown
Griffin
Senior Officer

Thursday somewhere in time

Post by Griffin »

Victoria-

Thanks for the nudge. I will shoot for Thursday -- but I can't say which date in which month yet. The website is taking shape and I hope it will be at least nearly complete before my web tech friend goes to Thailand in August. Slow but sure, like a Chinese tortoise. I'm learning more in the meantime, as I keep writing and it all goes together.

Adios, as ever,

Griffin
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Re: Cool Qi

Post by natecull »

Griffin wrote:Nate-

What is it with you folks down under and research? Between you and Langley, you’re really bagging it in big time. Perhaps in this rabbit hole, we’re the ones upside down “up” here.
I dunno. Boredom + Google + awake when the Northern Hemisphere sleeps? ;)

In the late seventies, I witnessed an experiment which produced an anomalistic result of cooling when heating was expected. Oddly enough, no further research was performed because of the unexpected result. It involved using a thermo-type camera to record color changes accompanying the “floating” of qi energy by intention to various parts of the body by my first Chinese Qigong master. It was expected that, if successful, the area targeted would exhibit a warm color change indicating blood flow and energy increase in the area. Instead, a blue color indicating a cooling effect was noted in each case. I telephoned physicist Jack Sarfatti, who a physicist friend had recommended, and he believed that the qi energy was producing an “ordering” effect which read out as a cooling (less kinetic) color and condition. Did the body area actually become cooler? I assume it did, but I can’t say for sure as no further research was performed. This may relate to and explain the cooling effect noted in the above posts. When I mentioned the Qi energy to TTB, he accepted it as essentially the same as the energy “stuff” he was researching and developing. The Qi, IMO, is interdimensional and may exhibit a decidedly lower entropy state.
Wow. That's pretty darn interesting. I can perhaps see what Twigsnapper meant when he said 'a technology which could be considered paranormal'. Ghost reports of course are often associated with anomalous cooling.

What was up with the 'no further research' thing though? Heating, cooling, whatever, it's a provable physical *effect* of a psi operation, right? Wouldn't most psi researchers give their eyeteeth to have that? And if it's unexpected by theory, all the better, you're learning new stuff. If they're in psi in the first place they must have pretty thick skins anyway, so why back away?

Edit: Hmm, Sarfatti. I'd filed him under 'weird' but what is scary is reading his blog, he now makes a lot of sense to me, at least in his ideas about quantum predestination. But I'm wondering about some of his 'history', at least in the sense of a bit of an idea of the who's who of 'rogue' psi/physics in the 1970s. Does any of this intersect with Caroline Group interests?

http://destinymatrix.blogspot.com/
Both Fred and I got divorced about same time ~ 1971 and we were room mates. I was too young for that job and was bored and wanted adventure which came soon enough from the CIA with the strange events in 1973 at SRI Remote Viewing Project described in my book - 20 years after the strange 1953 encounter - very uncanny - real X-Files sort of Twilight Zone High Strangeness. I had volunteered for CIA in 1963 in wake of the JFK assassination and was interviewed near UCLA in 1963 though I never heard anything explicitly from that interview. My encounter with Dennis Bardens of British Intelligence in 1974

"Dr Sarfatti, it is my duty to inform you of a psychic war raging across the continents between the Soviet Union and your country and you are to be in the thick of it."

- in conjunction with the Uri Geller tests at Birkbeck etc are also clearly relevant as was my working at UKAEA with Marshall Stoneham in 1966. Then going to Trieste at Abdus Salam's invitation in 1973-74 was no accident. Ask Fred Alan Wolf about his visit to me in Trieste with his ending up in Bulgaria in an affair with the daughter of the local KGB police chief there. Both Fred and I were in Croatia for a day at Ljublana Institute for Nuclear Physics then as well. Trieste of course had many physicists from the Soviet Bloc there that I was in daily contact with. See Andrija Puharich in
http://www.stayaerusa.org movie on CIA & SRI. I am in that movie with Uri Geller, Brian Josephson, Colin Wilson, Colonel John Alexander ...
FPG was basically a spin-off of PCRG organized by Elizabeth Rauscher. We had all the money from est and from George Koopman's Insgroup in Huntington Beach a DOD contractor with US Army Tank Command and USAF. Also we had money from UFO advocate Laurance Rockefeller's mistress Jean Lanier (widow of founder of a large engineering company Stone Webster) who set us up on two floors across from the Episcopal Church on top of Nob Hill. There is a SF Chronicle article about Brian Josephson's visit there with his new wife when he went to visit Hal Puthoff and Russell Targ at SRI about the remote viewing (i.e. "signal nonlocality" beyond orthodox quantum theory).
The main thing we did was the Esalen Month in Jan 1976 I think that Gary Zukav writes about in Dancing Wu Li Masters. I brought David Finkelstein there and that's how he met Werner Erhard leading to the big est physics conferences described by Lenny Susskind with Feynman, Gell-Mann, Wheeler, Hawking, Coleman, I think Kip Thorne et-al. I had met David at Yeshiva visiting Lenny Susskind. Finkelstein also worked with Ken Shoulders and Hal Puthoff at a company set up by the Fried Chicken guy William Church as a result of the Esalen month.
We had seminars at the facility on Nob Hill with the Rockefeller-Lanier money.
Were there other people besides Erhard who helped pay for the PCRG activities and/or your research?

As I said George Koopman & Jean Lanier (with Laurance Rockefeller in the background calling our Nob Hill place to talk to Jean who kept a room there. Koopman had apparently been keeper of the Weird Desk at DIA before leaving to set up Insgroup. He came from the NY Times family somehow. Big obit on him in NT Times when he suspiciously was killed in auto "accident" on his way to test a rocket at Edwards AFB. George was a "spook" who managed Tim Leary when Nixon let him out of prison. Leary was sent to PCRG in Esalen right from prison. Note also my connection to a Nixon personal advisor Robert Dickson Crane through his daughter Maiti in 1979-80. Crane involved with Herman Kahn Hudson Institute and Minsky at MIT. Crane also advisor to Saudi Royals and he converted to Islam and became first US Army Muslim Chaplain I think (from Maiti). Crane told me that my "signal nonlocality" corresponded to "Tauhid" in Islam metaphysics.
Edit: I think this is straying a long way from Lear (except for Ingo Swann's claims to have gone UFO-spotting with intelligence agents in a custom modified Lear Jet), so it might be an adjacent hole. It just happens to be a personal interest of mine. But this page seems to have a pretty good summary of a lot of the interesting psi/physics researchers and their intertwining with military/intelligence interests:

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/hambone/people1.html

Re John Lear, I can't help but think of him in association with 'Morgan'. Same generation, a father-son sort of thing going on. Which end of the octopus reef did Morgan end up in? Different teams, same game?
Last edited by natecull on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Cool Qi

Post by htmagic »

Griffin wrote:When I mentioned the Qi energy to TTB, he accepted it as essentially the same as the energy “stuff” he was researching and developing. The Qi, IMO, is interdimensional and may exhibit a decidedly lower entropy state.

As ever, in cool qi,

Griffin
Griffin,

When some liquids solidify, they remove heat from their surroundings. This provides the energy to order the crystal lattice. This is going from a random state to a more ordered state. In this case, there is a change of entropy, therefore we have an entropic property.

Some overunity devices are also reported with frost on them. Again, we have entropy at work and a thermodynamic property. The device apparently reads over unity because it is pulling heat from the surroundings. In this case, an open system as the environment is full of waste heat. As for interdimensional, I do not know. It doesn't have to be with my explanation.

As for the electrostatic cooling, you'll never get the temperature below ambient. You might cool the filament at 600° but you will never lower it below room temperature. Then it would have to be interdimensional or spooky magic or something. I thought it broke the air film which acted as a resistance and created turbulent flow through ionic wind. Then the filament can lose heat easily.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: PEOPLE & PLACES & DATES

Post by Rose »

I'm looking forward to reading your book, Griffin! I can tell it's a winner from the glimpses you've giving here.
All it seems to do is engender a sort of free-floating fear. Who does that serve, I wonder?
Financial interests, Nate. Very large finanical interests. Cliff X of halfpasthuman.com is the person who introduced me to the idea that the internet is used for exactly these memeering purposes. Cliff's research was inspired by Robert Hitt, * an astroeconomist. Hitt has a fine understanding of the energies involved in mass human activities.

Robert's theory, relabeled by Cliff X, as the 'gotta go somewhere' theory' of emotional energy says "X amount of emotional energy builds within a human based system such as the markets to where*all* the predictions and the astrology unequivocally say that it is damn clear that outcome Z will occur. Only it does not.

Fallacious theory, right? Wrong.

On the very day that predicted outcome Z is to manifest, a *something else* pops up instead to 'consume' the energies otherwise headed into the markets. [Think 9/11. Virginia Tech, etc}

Cliff, uses a webwide linguistics analysis program to develop future events predictions, primarily for investors. He says, "We now think that we have picked up a corollary to that theory being attempted. In this corollary the idea is that the [energies] of an emotional nature, which have to go somewhere, are being 'pre set' or staged via manipulation of thoughts via the internet. Basically the context of the patterns we have captured suggest that "someone(s)" are attempting to "pump up" the emotional tensions around certain contexts at certain times.

He also says: The patterns are clear within our very large aggregations as deliberate and organized 'meme - engineering' or our label of memeering. Our 'memeering' also breaks down into 'memee ring', which is how we discovered the patterns to be used.

Ah, life in the modern world....
Sometimes I don't like it so much.

rose

*edited out:

(who, my hub tells me, uses sidereal astrology. targeted at moving forces such as the Markets)

The astrologer tells me he has never heard of Robert Hitt.

husband/wife communications, you know

rose, again.
Last edited by Rose on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Rose wrote: On the very day that predicted outcome Z is to manifest, a *something else* pops up instead to 'consume' the energies otherwise headed into the markets. [Think 9/11. Virginia Tech, etc}

Cliff, uses a webwide linguistics analysis program to develop future events predictions, primarily for investors. He says, "We now think that we have picked up a corollary to that theory being attempted. In this corollary the idea is that the [energies] of an emotional nature, which have to go somewhere, are being 'pre set' or staged via manipulation of thoughts via the internet. Basically the context of the patterns we have captured suggest that "someone(s)" are attempting to "pump up" the emotional tensions around certain contexts at certain times.
Yikes. That's basically black magic, right? Not good karma messing with that.

And assuming this works - a huge human tragedy does what, precisely, for the markets?
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Yikes. That's basically black magic, right?
Yup.
Not good karma messing with that.
Nope.
And assuming this works - a huge human tragedy does what, precisely, for the markets?

Energy has to go somewhere. Panic in the markets or soul sickness in the populace...which is more profitable?

rose
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

This is an interesting Thread I'm sorry I missed it completely when Rachel started to chime in. I was busy on the Gaspe peninsula trying to fly-fish Salmon. ( it was just like the movie "A River RunsThrough it").

The water was so CLEAN mr. Twigsnaper that you just dipped your cup in the crystal clear current and the water tasted just like natural source water out of an expensive imported water bottle (only colder). I saw the saw a salmon sit right under a bridge for two full days just relaxing and enjoying himself. I saw two seperate fly fisherman tease him but he did not bite at all. He just held back in that slow wirlpool for two full days. We named him Gus (after my brother) and I snapped a picture of him.

You know everyting was co clean, fresh and green that I could not possible dirty my jacket skirt Mr. T.

By all means Rachel, good luck on your investigation. We hope your contact Michael will be able to help you resolve you father's demise.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Nate-

As you so obviously see, why would this research have been abandoned when it produced an observable result? I developed a protocol for further research to test how anomalistic the initial result had been. According to Qigong theory, three things would have been – and I believe, were – happening: intention; qi flow; blood flow. It’s possible that the Qi energy somehow “masked” at the outer, skin level what was happening at a deeper level. It’s “ordering” effect, as Jack Sarfatti stated it, could have been responsible in some way that did not invalidate what was happening in terms of increased Qi and blood flow. Qi is thought of, in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as keeping our body temperature constant by its warming action. A deficiency of Qi can result in cold limbs syndrome. So, in this sense, this observed cooling effect could also be considered an anomaly from the Chinese perspective.

Since the research wasn’t continued, I don’t have anything further from that context. But a cooling effect was observed, in terms of what the camera registered, and it was considered anomalistic in terms of what the researchers expected to observe.

The people who organized the research were not psi researchers. They were professors and researchers from a university dentistry program.

The research was conducted at a major medical facility, using their equipment. Acupuncture and the Chinese theory of Qi was, and is, of interest to dentistry professors and researchers, if for no other reason than its analgesia effect. But, especially at that early stage of engagement, they apparently did not want to deal with a seemingly weird anomaly on top of the inherent strangeness of the Chinese Qi circulation concept. But this attitude is still prevalent in relation to anything truly anomalistic and outside whatever box and label is being habitually used, IMO.

All grist for the mill.

Yes, the mix of folks interested in “weird science” is rather large, colorful and diverse, and has definitely included intelligence operatives. It’s a close fit – remember “spooky” action at a distance -- and at least it has funneled money into psi research. But it’s also been problematic. Dr. Puharich was drafted into the Army, when he was already in his thirties, to have on hand for the MK-Ultra program. He was later at odds with the KGB, and even the CIA, over mind control research.

Although much prior research has not reached its full potential, or has seemingly disappeared into a black fog, it will come around again on a higher level and wider, beneficial application. TTB believed this, IMO, and certainly so do I. Cycles are an inherent part of the natural flow.

As ever,

Griffin
Last edited by Griffin on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Trickfox-

I’m happy to hear that you’re having a relaxing time and communing with the salmon. A wise choice. You may have heard about the Celtic (Keltic) Salmon of Wisdom. A few hazelnuts with your tea could be a further tonic, though no more than nine. You may be inspired like Viktor Schauberger.

As ever, in wellness,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Get sirius

Post by Griffin »

Let's get sirius now.

It is July 23.

That's all, folks!

As ever, siriusly,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

“Just the facts, Ma’am.”

Really? But what are the facts?

It often takes the more feminized, intuitive approach to really get to the heart of the matter.

Today marks a time for remembering women and their role in our families and cultures, and the feminine principle in life in general. We need to activate the mediating and balancing feminine principle now more than ever. Personified as Isis, one of a myriad names for the feminine principle, it was honored as part of the ancient mysteries connected with Sirius on July 23.

Happy Universal Mother’s Day!

Griffin
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Griffin wrote:“Just the facts, Ma’am.”

Really? But what are the facts?

It often takes the more feminized, intuitive approach to really get to the heart of the matter.

Today marks a time for remembering women and their role in our families and cultures, and the feminine principle in life in general. We need to activate the mediating and balancing feminine principle now more than ever. Personified as Isis, one of a myriad names for the feminine principle, it was honored as part of the ancient mysteries connected with Sirius on July 23.

Happy Universal Mother’s Day!

Griffin
Indeed. You know, I think one of the reasons why this forum seems to 'function' so well compared to many other 'conspiracy'-minded forums is because of the number of women who have core involvement here. It's easy to fall into the trap of seeing anomalous physics and speculative military science in terms of a 'boy's toys' adventure, and doing so probably misses the whole point that it's about connectedness, and that this is a story about real people.

Thank you Linda, Elizabeth, Victoria and the others.
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thank you, Griffin. I never knew that about Sirius. You are an endless font of interesting information!

You may be right, Nathan. We women want to know the nature of the people who are behind all those nifty toys!

rose
Rose
Senior Cadet

Mining Questions for Michael R.

Post by Rose »

If you want to add to the list, I've started a thread for it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=561

rose
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

It occurred to me that I needed to slightly edit my previous post regarding the death of Dr. Puharich and to comment further. It’s important, as it’s such a prevalent issue. It may have sounded as though I believe Dr. Puharich’s death was conspiracy related. I have no way of knowing if that could be the case. He was, after all, in his late seventies at the time. Nate made an important remark in describing this as a ‘conspiracy’-minded forum which, unlike some others, has the saving grace of being moderated by the presence of our fine contingent of women. I fully agree. I’ve commented before on the miasmal energies generated on some UFO and conspiracy related sites. I don’t want to be pulled into paranoid conspiracy theories nor encourage them and their development. This negative thinking actually depresses the bio-energy we’ve been discussing so much on the Flow Forum.

It’s true that the manner of Dr. Puharich’s death, and some of the issues he was involved with versus various “black” world operations both domestic and foreign, could be considered suspicious. Twigsnapper brought it up before, for those reasons. But given his age, his seemingly Type-A personality, and the constant concern and stress he was under at the time, his heart attack and fall may have been created by those factors alone. We all have to die sometime, and the late seventies is not considered a premature death. In the UFO field, there have been a number of premature deaths age-wise, often at suspicious junctures where supposedly something important was on the verge of disclosure. Even Dr. Steven Greer feels that there can be great risk in pursuing some areas of inquiry in this area. This may well be so, but it simply compounds the problem to be too suspicious or even paranoid. That kind of mindset could see any illness or death of anyone involved with these matters as being somehow sinisterly arranged. I want to caution against this and to dissociate myself from this kind of thinking. Whether Dr. Puharich died of more natural causes or as a hero in confronting abuses by the KGB and whomever else, is an open question in that the circumstances could be read either way. Whatever the case, I believe he was a good man who was constantly working for the betterment of humanity and the earth. That’s how I would like us all to remember him. I also believe this was particularly true of Townsend Brown and essentially sums up his actions and character.

The interest of intelligence agencies and operatives in certain areas of science and in parapsychology/psi research, while it can be unhealthy and suppressive, has also enabled research which may not have been otherwise funded. Intelligence agencies all need this edge and will pursue it, sometimes into the realm of what could be considered black in more ways than one. But these abilities and research findings need to be recognized and applied in ways which are beneficial for humanity in general. Uri Geller, for example, is appropriately demonstrating how people can use the power of the mind and innate psi abilities for healing.

Given that there are conspiracies and that probing into highly classified, black operations can be dangerous, it is still preferable to be, shall we say, “peaceful as a dove but wise as a serpent.” Quite a trick, I admit, but I believe that Townsend Brown essentially achieved this in his life. Of course, he had protective “centurions” around him of necessity. But, in my experience and from what I’ve learned from his biography, he maintained a positive, optimistic and life affirming outlook. This was the tone of our discussion when we met. I believe it’s essentially a choice, and an important reminder to us from the life of Townsend Brown. His recounting of the story of Leroy the cool cat to me was not simply a conversation filler, IMO.

As ever,

Griffin