connected threads

It has been suggested that these forums constitute a 'living, breathing, collective consciousness' that embodies the mysteries of Townsend Brown's life. This forum provieds a space where we can try to identify all the unifying themes and make all the necessary connections among widely divergent elements that comprise the Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

connected threads

Post by Linda Brown »

Difficult to describe but I think all of us might recognize what I think is our ability to sense a " connected golden thread" even when most of that thread is hidden from view.

For me its this odd sensation I get when I see a certain subject. Its almost as if it presents itself as a golden thread. I pull on it ..... and another thread a great distance away seems to wiggle .... but I have no sight of the clear connection. Just the observation in an odd sort of way that this is somehow the way that it works. I feel like a mockingbird pulling on a strand of thread sticking out of the sand. I pull on this end.... and out of the sand a good distance away ... another thread wiggles. Now I know that they are connected but I can't actually see it. Yet.

An example of this is the thread I see as " The University of Pa". That thread comes and goes through this story. The connection with Elridge Johnson in the early years.... the mysterious reaction by the man in the electrical department when we visited during my senior trip in the early sixties ..... the odd note that there were " Students from the University of Pa " working near a certain UFO crash site in 1947..... those are just three times that I have had that sensation. And of course there have been other incidents.

Just an oddity that needs to be noted. Or perhaps even ignored. Linda
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Re: connected threads

Post by Mark Bean »

Hello,

What a great concept! I also like the title... Golden Thread!

I have the feeling that something great is about to happen.

Mark Bean
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Mark,

Something special is already happening with your return here to the forum and hopefully to a renewed experience with the work my Dad started.

I met you first at (I think) the same Laughlin demonstration that Victoria has mentioned and I was struck (as she was) with your wonderful showmanship and skills with your Tesla equipment ( ZAP is a small word!). And then of course there was the demonstration of the discs silently whizzing about the center pole!

After the demonstration Andrew introduced me to you personally and I couldn't help notice the rare show of enthusiasm and passion that you had for this work and how wonderfully inventive you were. You admitted that the " discs" you demonstrated were originally a belly dancers cymbals! We all laughed about that and I sensed too that Dad would have been so impressed with that and that somehow you understood that Dad really did have a great sense of humor and that you could actually see that in some of the things that he did. I think that you were the first person to ever mention that to me ... his sense of humor showing through,

Thats about when I knew that you would have an outstanding place in all of this. Perhaps this is a new age for you Mark. Lets " Go Forth" and see what happens! So you see you are one of those golden threads. Linda
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Post by Mark Bean »

Greetings,

I get it now. Clever...
I think A long time ago Dr. Albert Einstein called it "spooky forces at a distance".
I have witnessed this effect while conducting some rather unusual experiments.
Andy also saw it.
He he he.

-Mark
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Post by Mark Bean »

Hello,

A special thanks to Linda for your kind words, making me feel welcome and I have value to the effort.

The best is yet to yet to come, (I can feel it). I am quite sure was born for discovery and experimentation.

Here's a cool photo of high voltage discharge generating plasmatic corona inside a light bulb. Note: The light bulb is actually burnt out, but still illuminates.
-Mark Bean :roll:
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

An Aha! Moment

Post by FM No Static At All »

Author's First Draft wrote: The house that [Josephine] moved to in Washington was arranged for her by "The Caroline Group" — by Stephenson himself. She worked directly for him, or more precisely, for his executive secretary. That lady …. ran a group of women as couriers from New York to Washington and [Jospehine] was one of them.) [Later] she joined a secretarial pool, again directly under that lady’s supervision.
The “lady’s” name, we later learned, was Eveyln McBarnet, but that name does not show up in any of Stephenson’s biographies. McBarnet was actually a subordinate to another woman, Grace Garner, who was actually Stephenson's executive secretary.
That Eveylyn McBarnet is not mentioned in the Stephenson books means absolutely nothing so far as Stephenson's history is concerned: The record clearly shows that as Stephenson’s network expanded, he hired — directly and indirectly — a large number of women. These women served not only in the traditional support roles, but also as couriers, liaison’s, and, ultimately, as operatives in the field.
Isn't another name for courier (although used primarily regarding drugs) a mule? Magic mule? Anyone?

When this phrase was mentioned in another thread, it kept nagging me. As I have been reading several things at the same time, and handling many other activities, I kept hearing that word ringing in my head. I had just finished a chapter about Jesus and his entering the gates of Jerusalem riding an ass (mule) as the humble king before God and country. But I still had the "ringing" sensation.After I started to reread the Author's First Draft I came to the part regarding the divorce and the fact that Mrs. Brown was staying in Georgetown. I had spent some time there in the 1980s and remember the shops and eateries along the canal. It reminded me of the architecture of Olde Philadelphia, particularly the colonial marketplace at Headhouse Square (2nd between Lombard and Spruce) when I finally put mule and courier together. The ringing has stopped, so I am feeling like I found what I was looking for.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Oh Fred,

You are brilliant, Of course. Thats why Mr. Twigsnapper brought up the "mule" ( magic mule) phrase. It always takes me so long to put his little hints together and I don't think I could have done it without your observations, I had forgotten about Evelyn and Grace and Josephine and you are so right. Couriers. Mules. Magic Mules.

But I think that we have struck something beyond handling messages stuffed in bras .... these women were special and very intuitive and maybe .... using forms of communication that could not be detected or broken. Hiding right there in plain sight. The magic mules of the Caroline Groups intelligence network. As Mr. Twigsnapper said so long ago. Remember the women!

I sense several layers of intelligence gathering going on here. Is it just me? Elizabeth
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: But I think that we have struck something beyond handling messages stuffed in bras .... these women were special and very intuitive and maybe .... using forms of communication that could not be detected or broken. Hiding right there in plain sight. The magic mules of the Caroline Groups intelligence network. As Mr. Twigsnapper said so long ago. Remember the women!
And not so long ago:
Difficult to understand that sort of "hands off attitude" unless you are involved in it. But the women especially reached out. As they always will. And the age overflowed with mediums and all manner of spiritualism, well founded and and some not so much. The owner of the Caroline kept up with all of this and understood the situation of Alice and her looking glass far better than most. twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: I sense several layers of intelligence gathering going on here. Is it just me? Elizabeth
I don't know, but I got a little 'bling' inside when you mentioned that. This is a fun game to play. :)

Ever read Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels (1940-something). 'The Mule' was a central figure. A mutant, in a rationalistic age, who changed history 'under the radar' of two warring superpowers by virtue of his intuitive powers. Hmm.

(Pedant me adds: Called the Mule because he was sterile, and projected emotions rather than reading them... actually he was sort of a 'rock star' figure, had a magic musical instrument that could sway crowds. And the Foundation had supplanted the Empire by then. And let's not even think about who the Second Foundation might be. Or Gaia or R. Daneel Olivaw from the really bad later books. The metaphor has stretched and gone 'ping' at this point and bits are hitting me in the face. Never mind.)
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mark Bean wrote:Hello,

A special thanks to Linda for your kind words, making me feel welcome and I have value to the effort.

The best is yet to yet to come, (I can feel it). I am quite sure was born for discovery and experimentation.

Here's a cool photo of high voltage discharge generating plasmatic corona inside a light bulb. Note: The light bulb is actually burnt out, but still illuminates.

(see image above)

-Mark Bean :roll:
Mark,

What are the specs on your Tesla coil?
What is the size, length, wire diameter of your secondary coil? Are you using a multiple gap for the spark gap? Is it a quenched gap?

What are u using for the transformer and what are the specs on it?

Great shots! Keep up the great work!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Post by Mark Bean »

Hello all & MagicBill,

Thank you for your curiosity!

My smaller Tesla Coil, model: MB-062 has an output of 1.25 million volts, It is powered by a Westinghouse 14.4 kV, 30 Amp, Step-Down, (wired in reverse) Line Potential Transfomer, (not a neon sign tranny). It has an adjustable static inline series Spark Gap utilizing 12 tungsten electrode tips to provide frequency conversion from 60.07 HZ to 468.00 kHZ out to the Primary Tank Circuit. The Secondary is 24" tall by 4" diameter. It is Tuned and has 1300 turns in the winding with 24 gauge magnetic wire. The Capacitive discharge Terminal is 24" in diameter by 4" tall. It is made of spun & polished aluminum and formed in a Torroid for an evenly shaped electrical field dispersal.

I am truly sorry but I cannot disclose the Volatage/Current controls. It is of my own proprietary design. I hope you understand.

It is a great demonstration model because of its size, weight and packs quite a punch.

Arcs & Sparks,

Mark Bean
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Mark,

On another thread I mentioned that I found it interesting and somehow wonderful that the two flags ( Tesla and Brown) (which Richard Hull so disparaged together) now are finding a place to fly protected and honored!

And I thank you VERY much for your nuts and bolts contributions! Impressed is hardly the word!!! No need to ever be sorry for not wanting to share things you must keep to yourself. We all totally understand that. What you are willing to share with us is wonderful and flys in the face of most of Richard Hulls harsh words. Someday in the future I look forward to even more things being demonstrated.

Where your wonderful machines are hard and fast and wonderful " eyecandy" for the observers , I am sure there will be other demonstrations for my Dads things. ( watch out belly dancers! ... inside joke folks)...

Pauls book will serve then as "eyecandy" for his readers minds.Its a powerful combination .... thoughts AND the hardware.

All very much a part of ..... "going forth!" .... as you and I know, with the humor and good nature that was my Dad ... to quote you, with smiles and rubbing hands .... "oh! This is going to be FUN!" heh,heh,heh, heh. ( that was ME <g>)

And thank you endlessly Andrew for being the steadfast "Keeper Of The Flame." Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: But I think that we have struck something beyond handling messages stuffed in bras .... these women were special and very intuitive and maybe .... using forms of communication that could not be detected or broken. Hiding right there in plain sight. The magic mules of the Caroline Groups intelligence network. As Mr. Twigsnapper said so long ago. Remember the women!
I sense several layers of intelligence gathering going on here. Is it just me? Elizabeth
Dear Mom worked for the Signal Corps during the war years. I remember vaguely stories of SIGINT, involving supply lines to and from various places in Europe. Yes, the women played an important and significant role in the field of intelligence during those years. She also told of another incident, not directly involved with intelligence but in regards to pilfering of supplies by some managers, who were sending bogus invoices to the disbursement department and pocketing the change. In her duties, she had to review all of the incoming supplies and their bills of lading and invoices before distribution and caught the scheme. Evidently, even though some manager(s) got sacked, she also lost her post as she didn't catch the higher ups.

And let's not forget the WACs and WAVs and all of the women that were supporting USO and nursing. Not much is mentioned often enough of those brave and selfless ladies.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mark Bean wrote:Hello all & MagicBill,

Thank you for your curiosity!

My smaller Tesla Coil, model: MB-062 has an output of 1.25 million volts, It is powered by a Westinghouse 14.4 kV, 30 Amp, Step-Down, (wired in reverse) Line Potential Transfomer, (not a neon sign tranny). It has an adjustable static inline series Spark Gap utilizing 12 tungsten electrode tips to provide frequency conversion from 60.07 HZ to 468.00 kHZ out to the Primary Tank Circuit. The Secondary is 24" tall by 4" diameter. It is Tuned and has 1300 turns in the winding with 24 gauge magnetic wire. The Capacitive discharge Terminal is 24" in diameter by 4" tall. It is made of spun & polished aluminum and formed in a Torroid for an evenly shaped electrical field dispersal.

I am truly sorry but I cannot disclose the Volatage/Current controls. It is of my own proprietary design. I hope you understand.

It is a great demonstration model because of its size, weight and packs quite a punch.

Arcs & Sparks,

Mark Bean
Mark,

Excellent! Mine used two neon sign transformers in parallel to double the current. My multiple quenched gap used twin muffin fans blowing across the arc from a series of copper pipes spaced a small distance apart.

Keep the arcs and sparks coming. We can study them better. Ever play around with plasma diodes? :wink:

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Post by Mark Bean »

Hi everyone,

Linda, Guess what??? I found the original belly dancing cymbols today!!! He he he... I must recreate that demonstration unit. I would love to perform demonstrations of Poppa Brown's work! This will be great to help promote the book and get the word out! Paul could speak & I would demonstrate. I think this would be really fun.

I will have some kewl pictures soon.

Excited,

Mark Bean
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Post by Mark Bean »

MagicBill and anyone building anything with neon sign transformers,

It is the electrical code and a national ruling that we can no longer purchase "new" neon sign transformers without a GFI, (Ground Fault Interupt). In fact, it is illegal to do so. If you are using the applicable non GFI trannies for high voltages devices, you should consider buying as many as you can, while you can. There are still many on eBay.

Also, regarding the GFI trannies; You cannot remove the GFI circuit. For it is sealed into the unit and is, (almost) impossible to get to pending on the manufacturer.

Zzaap!

Mark Bean