WELCOME NEW FORUM MEMBERS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

WELCOME NEW FORUM MEMBERS

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have said before that sometimes this forum goes along like a freight train and the conversations are so powerful and move so quickly that I can see why it would be hard for new members to be even able to break into the flow. But every time Paul goes on some sort of vacation I sense that the forum too slows up just a bit. For a moment!!!!

So I am taking this moment to welcome any new members to our forum and to encourage you to jump into the conversation with your particular questions or comments. We need and invite your fresh viewpoints!

If you have done any reading of the forums history you know that we really all try very hard to make people feel comfortable and even when we differ strongly I think that we are pretty good about showing respect for each other.

You will be a wonderful addition .... so if you have been quietly reading what has been happening here I encourage you to join us by posting your own messages.

If its hard for you to break into the conversations .... why not start here? Or the other thread that says " Greetings and Introductions". I am probably just duplicating that thread but with our new look and new system I thought that it would not be a bad idea to repeat myself.

Come on! Jump In! The water is fine! Elizabeth
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: WELCOME NEW FORUM MEMBERS

Post by Rose »

Namaste, y'all.

Thanks for the welcome, Elizabeth Helen Drake. (Helen Drake -- as a nod to a character and a place from the book?)

Paul, I know you won't see this until you return, but I want to say that you have done a wonderful job with the hugely challenging and complex subjects that are magnetized around Dr. Brown's life. I enjoyed the book thoroughly. Also, kudos to you, Elizabeth, for your excellent detective work; and to you, Linda Brown, for being both a gifted writer and a Boswell to your father's Johnson.

I fell into this site last week as a result of researching information about electroculture. I have done very little since then but read here in every spare moment. This is probably one of the most impressive and unique groups on the internet today...and I've seen many varieties over the years

In some circles, veterans of the old BBS systems speak nostalgically of the fabled Ong's Hat crowd;

While Montauk's Phoenix Project employed an assortment of deranged dorks (Aryanist, pedophile, woman-hating, military/intelligence operatives along with their totally uncool ET allies), the Ong's Hat posse embraced a colorful array of maverick misfits (Black Muslims, Sufi drug dealers, bikers, lesbians, computer hackers and chaos math whizzes).

This latter rag-tag group built the "Egg" - a glistening Faberge-like device that enabled trans-dimensional travel into unpopulated mirror worlds (per the Everett-Wheeler-Graham model). A special quantum-tantric feature allowed passage for two occupants while they made love, irrespective of their race, age or gender. This feature says a lot about the tantric ideology of the Ong's Hat group versus that of Montauk. Take your pick: free love in hyperspace or the infernally dark scenarios described by Phoenix survivors...

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id219/pg1/

(yes, I noted that one poster here--was it Flow?-- mentioned growing up near Ong's Hat. Begins to hum "Small World" theme song)

Other, somewhat younger, internet users often get sucked into the John Palifox Key rabbit hoax. This convoluted story resides in bits and pieces all over the internet. It centers around a mythical book entitled The Proofs of My Return by one John Palifox Key. Allegedly Key discovered specific earth portals where one can step into parallel worlds, and wrote a book about it which is now extremely rare (Almost all copies having been destroyed by TPTB, don'cha know?) Someone has spent hours developing this particular hoax, and perfecting different personas to make it appear that the story is validated by multiple sources. Rumor has it that it is all part of a viral marketing campaign for a hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but I doubt that the truth will ever be known.

Had I read this forum first without seeing the massive documentary evidence that Townsend Brown actually existed I would swear that I had discovered another such well-crafted hoax. You are one trippy group of people! And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I'm sorry I missed the "heavy lifting" when all of you were teasing out information and insight relevant to the book, but I look forward to getting to know you in the future. Victoria, there may be a high probability that our paths have already crossed, since I live in the oasis in that small village just down the hill from where TrickFox left his kitty cat. And I do hope the two of you have reunited by now, Mr. Fox. Wish I could wave a wand and get you that job offer!

(Assumes high squeaky voice and breaks out into full song: It's a small small world after all!)

More later, but that is more than enough for now!

Rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Rose,

I was hoping that you would speak up.

Yes, I think that we probably have some interests in common. " Just down the hill" from where Trickfox left his kitty cat" there is a hot springs that has more than its share of peacocks and other interesting birds roaming relatively free on the grounds. I may be off base here but you might be familiar with it if we are at all on the same page.

May I ask what your interest in electroculture might be? Dr. Brown of course did set up what he called a " research station" in Hawaii for a couple of years and we have some interesting pictures in the files of some of the ongoing experiments at the time. As you will notice from the story though he was not there physically most of the time as the experiments were being run and we still are not sure exactly where he was during that time, but electroculture was one of his many interests.

I don't believe that any one has even mentioned it recently so I certainly appreciate your input.

Welcome to the Forum! All the bells and whistles that I can muster! ( and the initials work too!) Elizabeth
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thank you, Elizabeth,

I'm not quite as far down the hill as the hot springs, although their water comes through the marsh in the oasis here before it drops to the low desert; and we do have a local peacock who gets quite raucous at sunset each day. I've never seen him, but he's impossible to miss.

You ask what my interest in electroculture might be. Long story, very short version:

Although my BA was in history, my first real job in the early seventies was as a logistics engineer on NAS North Island. I was to figure out how to introduce automated avionics test equipment to the fleet maintenance techs. The use of a cesium-base time standard in the calibration lab became one of my favorite hobbyhorses during that time.

So that job led to another and another...to Wright Patterson, back to San Diego, through technology, through various grad schools, into higher education, and ultimately, to the desert where I met the love of my life, a rather well-known astrologer.

After years of somewhat extensive travel, this year we will be home through an entire growing season, so I'm doing a lot of gardening. When I found electroculture mentioned in an organic gardening book from 1975 I was astounded. it seems to have disappeared from the gardening writers' landscape since then.

Anyway, yes I read the section of the book and got hooked into the unfolding story. And then...I found this forum. Oh dear. I am trying to catch up to the rest of you, but the only way it will happen is if you start to write v-e-e-ry slowly.

Rose
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Rose,
How do?, from England, where our Queen rules supreme.
And as You have been waffling about gardening, I cannot resist,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m960PHpphBw
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thank you, Navigator! Mo-town music brings back great memories!

I have to run for the afternoon, but look forward to chatting with you in the future!

Rose
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote: Although my BA was in history, my first real job in the early seventies was as a logistics engineer on NAS North Island. I was to figure out how to introduce automated avionics test equipment to the fleet maintenance techs. The use of a cesium-base time standard in the calibration lab became one of my favorite hobbyhorses during that time.
ROSE = Retrofit of Strike Element

Any relation or is it just a Rose by any other name?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Oh, but a Rose by ANY name is sweet. And just ignor Mikado if you happen to not know what the heck he is talking about. It took us a long time to figure out the meaning of his name here on the Forum too! Welcome Rose. Good to have your input!

And now I want to call out to an older forum member. Mark Moody? Hello out there! I just ran across something that you had posted on the lifter site and agree with you so much that I want to copy it here. Please know that we miss your input too ( you are the reason that I added the C to the end of my Mark .... remember? to tell us apart.) But you have been gone a long time. I want to know how you are doing and particularly what you think of Pauls book so far. And we would love to hear about your progress too.

For others this is the link to the lifter discussion group and Mark has hit it right on the head I think.

http://us.f346.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLe ... &box=Inbox

Especially this comment.
"If everyone would take a look at the progress made since this group
started, you will see that true progress has either stopped or
slowed to a snails pace, even though technology continues to make
great strides. Does anyone beside myself think that a new lifter
design is possible? There is a 50kvdc power supply available from
Info Unlimited, with a 5ma output. Tim Ventura has even stopped
posting progress on his website. Are we at a stalemate again in
history?"

Grab back on to this forum Mark! I don't think we are standing still.

And Rose, what does the Astologer in your life think of this book of Pauls. Would love some of those viewpoints too! Seems we are getting the best of all worlds here! MarkC
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

A special message to Mark Moody,

If you are still as interested in my Dads work as you were when you were a kid ( and I believe that you are) then I double MarkCs invitation and ask you to take another look at this forum. Beyond that, sense what is happening here.

Dad took a particular interest in you, I remember that. So I reach out to you again. And notice that MarkC has been calling you too .... can you hear us?

viewtopic.php?p=9965#p9965
Mark said then:

Even when he is telling a young student not to " spin his wheels" and go back to college to " get your degree". Everyone remember Mark Moody?

viewtopic.php?t=138 ( edit: If this doesn't work for you please use the one that Gregg has posted below. Thanks Gregg!)

He was a young student who took it upon himself to write to Dr. Brown and I understand that Dr. Brown always wrote back to him. And tried to encourage him to do the right thing for his career. ( Its an interesting thread try reading the whole thing, amazed that it is well over a year over) Its a great thread and I wondered ...... Mark? Are you still out there? What do you think of the story so far? You are one of Dr. Browns longest standing fans . I am sure that Andrew and Linda Brown must appreciate your input. MarkC"

And we still do! And I took a look at the lifter site too and I agree with you ( look at their numbers over the last few years. It seems that no new really outstanding information has come in their direction. Dad used the expression " spinning wheels" and I see a whole lot of that here too. I am invested with the idea that we need new ways of approaching these ideas. The old ways just will leave you in a corner wondering how in the heck you got there. So Mark Moody, one of our oldest fans! can you join us to see if we can make tracks and not just spin our wheels? Linda
Last edited by Linda Brown on Wed May 28, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

Linda,

The link that you posted didnt seem to work.
The link below works better.

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138

GV
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

I hope Mark Moody shows up.

Mark Moody and I met on the lifters forum before the TTB site existed. He was living in VA but he was originally from near Pittsburgh and we always talked about hooking up when he was back this way visiting relatives, but we never did. I lost track of him over the last few years. I just now tried emailing him but it bounced back as undeliverable. The last post of his on any forum is from April 2006.

I hope he shows back up.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Wed May 28, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Perhaps the time is more right for his circle to approach yours again Gregg.

So Mark..... another voice added to the chorus calling your name! Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Oh, but a Rose by ANY name is sweet. And just ignor Mikado if you happen to not know what the heck he is talking about. It took us a long time to figure out the meaning of his name here on the Forum too! Welcome Rose. Good to have your input!

Well, I don't know what Mikado means either and maybe it would help the newcomers here.

<SNIP>

For others this is the link to the lifter discussion group and Mark has hit it right on the head I think.

http://us.f346.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLe ... &box=Inbox
<SNIP>
MarkC
MarkC,

The link you sent didn't work. It tried to get into Yahoo mail or something.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Retrofit of Strike Element is certainly a logical connection, Mikado, but not one that even crossed my mind. That stage of my life is so long ago and far away, that now I'm just an ordinary garden rose.

Mark C., i am enjoying the glimpses I have of your own story from the [small percentage of the 15,000!] posts I have read so far.

The Astrologer is reading the book now, but he is already blown away by what he has heard of the story. Who wouldn't be?

As for me, my inner geek is fascinated by the idea of one propulsion-communication-generation source, And even more fascinated by the certainty that it has been perfected and exists somewhere. I only skimmed the article, but I believe that the English translation of a French link provided by Mr. Twigsnapper (whew!) has William Lear in the sixties saying that instant travel (my term) would be in common use in ten years. I imagine that he was a man who had a fairly good handle on the R&D demands of the systems life cycle, but even if his time estimation was off by 100%...this paradigm-breaking technology must have been in existence for a looong time now. Linda, Paul implies that you have even experienced it. If so, lucky you!

However, I'm still trying to figure out the significance of your name Mikado...but just in case you really are the Emperor of Japan: Congratulations on the successful fusion demonstration in Tokyo! <g> Your name also reminds me of Micio Kaku, who has hypothesized that eventually Humanity is going to have to think its self to a new planet.

If so, this would certainly be the group to do it.

Rose
Last edited by Rose on Wed May 28, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

I thought that the lifters forum quote from Mark Moody (that Mark Culpepper copied above) was from 2 years ago. I just now went to the lifters forum and I saw that the quote was from today. So Mark Moody is back, it states that he is rejoining the lifters forum as of today. I grabbed his new email address and sent him an invite to stop over the TTB forum.

We should be hearing from him soon.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Wed May 28, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.