Chapter 72: First We Build A Fire

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

hummingbirds

Post by twigsnapper »

Kevin, you will probably like this comment. Sort of the Birdseye view that you were talking about.

There are creatures in this world which have a natural ability to know where they are and how to get to some distant place totally invisible to other animals around them. Morgans favorite was a hummingbird.

He worried over its ability to survive in the world that he was familiar with at the time, a world of raptors. And for awhile this little hummingbird was grounded and protected and sheltered, but you see, thats not the role of a hummingbird.

Did you know that the Rufus Hummingbird can fly for thousands of miles. and land unerringly in the same pasture, year after year? No rational explaination for that, no scientific one yet either, despite many boastful conjectures.

So getting back to your comment Griffin. Dr. Brown was very much a hummingbird in this respect. But he had protection. And though it would never have been his first choice to go into the bad places that he felt he had to go ... all of the black and even the grey ... it was what he had to do and you are right, he was dealing with the tools that he had at the time.

Watch for the things that are between the either/or ... the black and white. Thats where things happen. twigsnapper
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: watching for the goose

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Victoria,

Laughing here! Always nice to know that someone is watching out for my backside! Nothing can be worse in a barnyard than a loose goose! Thanks Victoria!

I am just invested in the thought right now that 1958 is building up to be a major turning point for alot of things, many chess peices are in action all at once and its going to take all of the good eyes that are out there to help this story accurately report on it.

Elizabeth
The official record shows that in 1959 the flame jet generator was in use in the hands of the military. (the link is in that long post I put last chapter)

I will search as well as I can on the month by month doings of Mr Gray. Forgive my foreboding. It comes with the territory I inhabit. I shouldnt tar people doing their duty. But but but. You cant read American Ground Zero etc and not have a lump in one's throat at the goings on.

I am staggered that at every turn here, the atomic weaponeers shadow the events at every point. Its mind blowing. Its like early on, the Manhattan people found something in the nature and fabric of reality (through the study of the sub atomic) and related it to Brown's work cause they couldnt figure on their own what to make of it. So they shadowed him.
Griffin
Senior Officer

The Hobbit

Post by Griffin »

Kevin and all-

Good news, as follows:

NEW YORK - Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have reached agreement to make J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned prequel to the blockbuster trilogy "The Lord of the Rings."

Griffin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Yeah, How IS That?

Post by Paul S. »

I'm hurriedly going through notes in the fervent hope that the next chapter can be assembled before the end of this week, but I have to stop for a moment and share something I just found in my notes re: that log cabin in North Carolina.

This is an e-mail exchange with Twigsnapper from back in the days when he was still just "Boston" to me (like, before this website and these forums were begun).

I don't recall what triggered this particular exchange, but on August 4, 2004, I got this message from Boston:
Boston wrote:As an "outsider" to the North Carolina log cabin story .... I wondered why the cabin was in such bad repair? Why were there left over dishes in the sink? frozen there ..... Had Dr. Brown not even looked the place over before he bought it? or did the old residents have to leave so suddenly that they were pissed about it? what was the story, I wonder. I have felt that it was somewhat strange that Dr. Brown would find the property by flying over it and then be able to buy it later....how often is that even possible?
I answered, in part, by quoting Morgan, as follows:
Paul S. wrote:I can only answer your question with the question that Morgan posed to me in one of his earliest letters to me:
Morgan wrote:"Do you find it at all strange that a man would be able to spot a certain log cabin from a plane and then weeks later be in possession of it? And that after "Ashlawn" is shown to a real estate agent by Mrs. Brown with her comment, "THAT's the kind of place I want," do you find it at all strange that it too would become quickly available to the family?"
The answer is "yeah, I find it mighty strange" and Morgan's implication seems to be that there was a TCG influence.

As to what left the cabin in such disrepair, I do not have a clue.
You'll note, again, that whatever had transpired between me and Morgan on this subject, he answered my question... with a question.

Just thought I'd toss that in there to stir the brew a little more.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

hummers and hobbits

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

As a martial artist, I certainly appreciate the need for protection and you and the others were a blessing for Townsend to have near him. Further, though – as has been said in the Asian martial arts tradition -- the ultimate protection is a pure heart which also unlocks the truest “secretsâ€
Griffin
Senior Officer

why?

Post by Griffin »

Why is this cosmic vital energy able to confound the laws we usually assume govern our physical existence? I think it's because -- although it's so subtle it can't yet be scientifically measured -- it is so fundamental to the underlying structure of matter. In this seemingly subservient position, from a Daoist perspective, lies its power.

Griffin
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hello all

As far as Gordon Gray goes, one could say that he was just walking a thin line between darkworld and lightworld and doing his job in various roles...good guy/bad guy. Having worked for University leaders, I noticed that's a set of skills that an academic executive must employ always. Nothing that comes from research may be pre-judged good or bad. It may only be evaluated for the reality of what it is and what its potentials might turn out to be with further development work.

These days also, economic potentials figures heavily into the decision processes also. Having guys like Bobby Ray Inman as the CEO of Science Applications International Corp. tells you all you have to know about that. Especially now that SAIC has built installations on many univertity "campuses to capture what's coming out of academic lab work ASAP.

My intuition is that Gordon Gray was just this sort of person. A trained academician who knew just how to hold everything in the world at double arms length and was able to be overly objective in his work and decisions. When one in placed smack in the middle of evaluating potentially world-changing technologies as he was, you could say that he had the "right" set of skills and connections to deal with the dilemmas that automatically arose with their discovery.

Langley, I agree with you that his role in the persecution and demeaning of Dr. Oppenheimer is disturbing to discover. But that probably all led back to Oppie's apparent judgemental comment upon the explosion of the first nuclear device, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds". As a scion of the tobacco industry, he well knew what it meant to live with that sort of stigma.

And culturally that image of the "cigarette smoking dude" has become an almost globally iconic symbol for ultimate evil. The X-Files did a lot to promote the image, as did the image of Deep Throat in the film All the President's Men in the 70's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the interests of "death merchants" . I'm only saying that they function to provide a balance in the dynamical systems of life and death which we are all fated to be immersed in during our lives. Very Biblical stuff here. It's all been going on since our beginnings.

Effective cultural images tend to do more to promote an either-or mentality in us all, when in a technological milieu. This is just the opposite of which is required to function effectively on into the future. Human nature is to judge based upon emotional inputs, whereas in a technlogical world that sort of behavior, and also counter to our natures, is to be suppressed in favor of functionality and economic considerations. No wonder we're all so confused these days.

The world has changed mightily since WW II and those changes are speeding up every day. Examining the life of Doc Brown and his family is providing us all with insights into why that is so.

Thanks again, Paul, for your work.

And BTW...as far as hummingbirds go I wrote this little ditty some years ago while under the influence of a cosmic force/entity. That's the best I can describe it. It was the 104th verse in a series of 104 verses.

"The Hummingbird is attracted to the sweet redness of the heart,
While the crows sit in the trees and eat the dead meat in the' road."

For the first time since I've lived here, we have hummingbirds visiting the feeder each day. They usually leave in mid-September, and return in March. Curious.

flow.... :wink:
Last edited by flowperson on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr twigsnapper,
Your redhead seems to be a good dowser,
http://www.geocities.com/wyllz/id328.htm

Its all in the palm of our hands, if we choose to utilise it ( very signifigant nailing through the hands and feet?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284GMIySUAk
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

but

Post by Griffin »

Langley-

As you say, “But but but.â€
Griffin
Senior Officer

many blessing hands

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Thank you for the beautiful and evocative YouTube link.

This is especially meaningful to me as my Chi Gong/Qigong system draws from both the Daoist and esoteric Buddhist traditions. Guan Yin (Kuan Yin) -- Bodhisattva-Buddha of Infinite Compassion -- is one of the lineage figures in my practice. In her thousand (innumerable) armed mode, she dispenses innumerable blessings. This is a good reminder of how blessings are always being dispensed, even in the midst of our dense world, and that we should open our hands and hearts to receive them. Townsend Brown is a wonderful example in how to do this.

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffen,
I overlooked to explain to Elizabeth helen drake upon her clockwork computer, the link.
It is of many asian women dancing behind each other with mainly their hands.
I am beginning to contemplate the signifigance of this.
If you hold your hands vertically, and align with especially north/south, I for one can feel this alignment, as heat.

The palm of our hands, and I presume the palm of our feet are detectors, just as our eyes are, we have ignored them for so long.

The eastern religions have not, they have thus appeared as odd, but it is we that are odd.

I often become sort of lost when dowsing, I align with the lines and patterns so readily, that they take over me, I become as one with them.
Sometimes I forget if others are around me , as I dance around following and been at one with what flows upon this system.
it is very humbling and mind blowing to be so involved.
I hope I am adequately conveying what dowsing reveals, it is almost beyond words.
I am confident that Dr Brown also found all of this down the pathway he walked, in the end you realise its majesty, over and above any mere mortal, it is all, it is ONE.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Things are never as they seem.

If you were to read this latest chapter without the context of the others, you'd get the impression that Brown had just picked up a research job for Bahnson. He'd been working on this thing in France and was able to continue it. He wrote home to talk about his research progress. A couple of local professors and some dude named Gordon Gray came by. Brown bought a log cabin and moved his family in. Very nice.

Yet Gordon Gray was deep in black ops, and likely wasn't the President of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by sheer coincidence. Or rather, Bahnson's lab wasn't nearby by coincidence. And TCG was apparently guiding things always. Brown made a really good job of hiding things in plain sight. Where did Dewitt really fit in behind the scenes? Was he involved in shadowy stuff, or did he just have connection to Gray? He and his wife had come from the Institute for Advanced Studies, which is some seriously prestigious stuff, just by association. That would have been a good place for recruiting by black side organizations.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Who ever Gordon Gray was, he certainly probably knew all of the secrets that
the U.S. Government kept at the time. Check this out.

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb06?_GRAY_GORDON_

flow.... 8)
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Sorry guys, it seems that the link I posted to namebase above won't work, at least for my machine. Try Googling "Gordon Gray, namebase" and get to it from there if the link won't work for you.

flow.... :wink:
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

networking

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

An impressive networking chart on Gray. Thankyou Flow.

Just so everyone knows what bee I have in my bonnet.
I think something very big was underway in the intelligence world during the year 1958. Positions were shifting about, and I think that if we watch what Dr. Brown does in relationship to what Mr. Gray is known to be doing we will get a better view of something that is too dark to see any other way.
I know that Gray stepped away from his post at the University of North Carolina ... but when did he do that? And what was next for him? Remember this was the age of developing satellite technology ( all super secret at the time) .... and of course when you talk about launching like that there is always the worry of warheads and the concerns for national security. And here maybe in a slightly different vein we have the possible development of a generator which could be used in future airships .... or something ..... You can be that the " big boys" are going to be watching its development carefully and if we are going to put a personage to that .... it might as well be Gray. So I am going to be on him like Mr. Twigsnapper has suggested. Watch the part between the black and the white ....... Elizabeth