Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

platform wobbles

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

This recently from Geoff

"From ‘Unconventional Flying Objects – a scientific analysis’ by Paul R. Hill, ISBN 1-57174-027-9, starting on page 162:

Platform Experiments

In 1951 I had lunch on numerous occasions with old friend Dr. Charles Zimmerman, a stability and control scientist-engineer recently returned to the Langley Re- search Center from employment in industry where he had designed and supervised the construction and tests of a circular-wing airplane"

I am stopping the conversation right there because this section is interesting all by itself. Hill writes about a man named Dr. Charles Zimmerman ... recently returned from the industrial section (?) ( This is 1951??) designed and supervised the construction and tests of a circular-wing airplane" ................. Now forgive me but the only circular winged aircraft that comes to mind previous to 1951 ..... would have been what .... a precursor to ......... the AVROCAR ...... or maybe even better .... something with links to Canada and ....... Miethe?????????.
So who is this Dr. Zimmerman? Anybody know anything more about this man? A rose by any other name, I am thinking. Just might be, still .. a rose. Elizabeth

ding, ding, ding, ding .... try this ............ thanks so much Geoff for this lead
http://greyfalcon.us/Belschrmiet.htm

Hello everybody its worth the look. Elizabeth
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

heat seeking

Post by Martin Calloway »

I don't know how you do it Elizabeth . You are downright scarey sometimes.

That link

dumps us right back into the earlier Chapters of Pauls book. Trust me newbies, if you haven't read his book, chapter by chapter yet, you need to sit down and just do it. Otherwise the information that is coming back around here will make no sense to you. But for those who are rushed. At least read this

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... ithUs.html

Solid work Paul. You have to be very proud of this. I would be. Martin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
One of the craft drawings has a periskop installed in it.
That would send up bubbles.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

perceptive

That was very perceptive of you to notice.

Now turn your attention to the drawing that Mr. Williams did for Dr. Brown of the beautiful saucer Dr. Brown referred to as a " scout ship" ( with a nod to Adamski I am sure)

The drawings of that particular ship label it at a "Marine" unit. I'll try to find a link to that site for you. Stuck doing something else right now.

And remember all of the discussion that we had about USOs ? Unidentified Submerged Objects? It may be that the discussion of strange things happening in and around the deep trenches of the Bahamas is still in the scope of this book .... but frankly I think its a bit much to ask of Paul right now! Just throw a red marker down on this comment. Elizabeth
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

well, theres this

This is Dr. Browns design from 1955-1956

Frankly, I think she is a much finer looking bird myself. than the German renditions. Are they even really close to the same thing?

viewtopic.php?p=5323#5323 this apparently is the design by Dr. Brown, rendered by Mr. Williams

and this is about a year later in the lab at Bahnsons ( North Carolina)
viewtopic.php?p=5334#5334

That whole thread ( Adamski Saucer) is worth rereading if you are up to it. Notice how Dr. Brown has gone from drawings to working model. Martin
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

great.

Post by ladygrady »

Really, really appreciated this chapter Paul. I focused mainly on the little girl missing her father and you named it so well. How did that chapter name come to you.? Its absolutely the perfect chapter title. Its just so full of the story , in only two words. grady
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

following leads

The way I see it. The lore that is coming down regarding some of these " German Flying Saucer Projects" are riddled with supposition and over repeated stories. Its hard to know what to put faith in and what to discount. But I believe now we are all finally getting wise enough to all of this to see disinformation when it pops its head up. And I also think most of us have trained ourselves to avoid the " either/ors" and look carefully at the information in front of us. And I hope each of you also is invested with the strong thought that your opinion really truly counts around here and I would love to hear some input in all of this ... positive or negative.

So here we go. Discussing this link which we found ( again, actually) after getting the Zimmerman lead from Geoff.

And looking at all of the developments .... none of them actually resemble Dr. Browns " ship" in the propulsion system offered. When you read it you will see what I mean. They are " saucers" and maybe they flew but I don't think that they were the same animal. What we are looking for is just a little more subtle, more exotic , more hidden.

Heres some of that link. Tell me if you agree with my conclusion.Thanks, Elizabeth

"The technicians, scientists and engineers that were working on the various German flying discs were conscripted by several allied nations. France, England, Canada, Australia, Russia and the United States of America. France developed a flying saucer with the help of French aerospace designer Rene Couzinet. It had a diameter of twenty seven feet but not too much is known about it. However, pictures of it appeared in the Philadelphia Penn Inquirer on July 5, 1955. Russia developed a flying saucer with the help of Josef Andreas Epp. He had been an engineer consultant with both the German Schriever-Habermohl and Miethe-Belluzzo projects. Dr. Heinrich Richard Miethe himself, went to Canada and worked on a joint Canadian-American saucer project. It was located at an airfield near Toronto, Ontario. (This was Avro Aircraft Limited.) The United States Army Air Force also developed a saucer under "Project Silver Bug". Chance Vought, Inc. of Stratford, Connecticut developed the XFSU-1 "Flying Flapjack," another saucer. This was headed by engineer Charles Zimmerman."
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: some kind of test

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:The test that he was so concerned about had something to do with the formation of a " Cesium cloud" which I am assuming is ionization, right? How might that come about? A small detonation.? Is there another way to create a "cloud" of Cesum ions in the atmosphre? It could have been very small because what they were looking for was that cloud to " bounce" signals off of. It wouldn't have been a weapons style detonation, I don't think.
Elizabeth
Fractionisation would account for it. If fuel rods are burnt (wont go into details), the components vaporise at different temperatures, so these "fractions" go off separately to a degree. The record only shows excess Cesium only though. (Florida babytooth Project differs on that in relation to bioaccumulation of Sr90). A wind shift might allow the Cesium to carry on to Florida while the others fractions went elsewhere. Long shot that.

However, if one was to vaporise Cesium only then you'd get only Cesium.

Now Cesium was /is used in atomic clocks, and in machines used in the Florida screw worm eradication program. But that involved a machine which sterilised worms which were in the lab. So there are industrial uses of pure cesium 137.

Was there a factory in Bimini that built atomic clocks or had stocks of pure Cesium for some other reason? Dont know. Or Was it a deliberate act of moving Cesium to Bimini to burn it to form a vapor cloud to go over Florida? Dunno.

But from what you are saying Elizabeth they wanted a cloud of ionised (and ionising) Cesium for radar purposes. A bit Like bringing the ionosphere (ion/ osphere) down to earth test theories about long range radar. Still looking though. One would thing if there was a conventional event, then Sr90 would be noted as excess as well in the wilds of Florida, and though Dr Gould & the Florida Baby Tooth project say Sr90 is in excess, its limited to plumes from power plants, and it post dates the 50s.

So in the Bahamas was a there a facility were Cesium was stored, towed to sea and burnt / vaporised? Dunno. Another way would be to make a conventional bomb with a Cesium casing and blow it up.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

detonations?

Langley you said

So in the Bahamas was a there a facility were Cesium was stored, towed to sea and burnt / vaporised? Dunno. Another way would be to make a conventional bomb with a Cesium casing and blow it up"

Blow it up ... at altitude? Like, doa parachutte drop and then detonate at just the right altitude? Or Maybe even send it up in a weather balloon which blows at a certain point ... or however else they might have thought of it.

The thing about Morgan giving us information is his. He doesn't give us stuff that isn't out there SOMEWHERE ina published and available source. One of his rules. Its just the finding that other source ( other than him) that gets REALLY hard sometimes.

I appreciate your company in this rabbit hole Langley. Just a little less dark! Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: detonations?

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley you said

So in the Bahamas was a there a facility were Cesium was stored, towed to sea and burnt / vaporised? Dunno. Another way would be to make a conventional bomb with a Cesium casing and blow it up"

Blow it up ... at altitude? Like, doa parachutte drop and then detonate at just the right altitude? Or Maybe even send it up in a weather balloon which blows at a certain point ... or however else they might have thought of it.

The thing about Morgan giving us information is his. He doesn't give us stuff that isn't out there SOMEWHERE ina published and available source. One of his rules. Its just the finding that other source ( other than him) that gets REALLY hard sometimes.

I appreciate your company in this rabbit hole Langley. Just a little less dark! Elizabeth
I think if it was dispersed from Bimini by whatever method, it would have been at low level. Wind shear would complicate delivery to Florida at altitude, it might not have arrived at target. So a low level (ie sea level or near sea level) release in conditions of temperature inversion (ie the type of conditions that create smog. And "Black Mist" atomic bomb clouds at or near ground level) with a steady surface wind heading toward target (maybe accompanied by sea fog or mist) would be required. These substances arent light and tend to fallout out in well understood patterns according to conditions even when released as very fine particulates.

I have just about given up. The angle Im tackling it from is that the point of release would be contaminated. As so googling brought this up:
Artificial radionuclides in the western Northwest Pacific (I ...
acid and Cs + (40mg; cesium chloride-HC1 ... Cesium. was coprecipitated with ammonium molybdophos- ...... at 2000 m in the Tongue of the Ocean, Bahamas, ...
www.springerlink.com/index/4N7012KX491VUJVJ.pdf

http://www.springerlink.com/content/4n7012kx491vujvj/

Artificial radionuclides in the western Northwest Pacific (I)90Sr and137Cs in the deep waters

Now, its another pay for article site. But it mentions Sr90 and Cs 137 and Bahamas as part of the survey. If it reports a discrepancy between Sr and Cs there, well, there's another pointer.

Whoever did this picked Cs knowing it would be hidden in the noise created by world wide fallout, in which Cs137 and Sr90 are two consistent long term tracer substances. So I am looking for Cs to Sr readings that are out of balance toward Cs over Sr. Disproportionate Cs. Found it in Florida. Cant find it in Bahamas. Probably done off shore from a barge. Cant find any mention of operation to release Cesium from Bimini. So far.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: detonations?

Post by Langley »

This ISNT it but it is RELATED. It confirms use of Cesium for Over Horizon Radar. It is not low level. It is ionospheric delivery of Cesium by rocket and gun. Isnt the way Florida was dosed. Such height results in non localised deposition, complicated by the fact the Cesium ions would follow magnetosphere flux lines.

http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb=ge ... =AD0509668

pdf download http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/AD509668

Operation Code name: Project SESAMISEED. Experiments to Demonstrate the Practical Uses of Artificial Plasma Clouds in the Lower Ionosphere

Corporate Author : NAVAL RESEARCH LAB WASHINGTON DC

Personal Author(s) : Davis, John R. ; Rohlfs, Derrill C. ; Wyman, Frederick E.

Report Date : 21 MAY 1970

Partial abstract:
Abstract : Cesium plasma clouds have been emplaced in the 90 to 103-km altitude region of the ionosphere by rockets and by a 7-in. gun. These clouds have been studied by coherent-pulse-doppler, high-frequency radar for three purposes: (a) to investigate neutral gas and magnetohydrodynamic motions in the clouds, (b) to investigate the role of such motions in forming the plasma clouds into persistent, artificial, sporadic-E patches, and (c) to investigate the potential of such clouds for illuminating the near-over-the-horizon region and detecting small targets in that region. Parts (a) and (b) of this study are continuing efforts in basic ionospheric research which will be reported elsewhere. This report concerns the third stated purpose, which may be of importance for over- the-horizon surveillance radar."

Source: Defence Technical Information Centre.

So by 1970 they were getting good at it.

As I said, inching toward to HAARP.

And:

Trenton Evening Times
Trenton, N.J., Friday, September 18, 1964... Front page

Developed New Missile Beam
Area Man In Strategic Role

Two new United States defense systems which can detect, intercept and destroy enemy missiles far out in space, have been revealed by President Johnson. One of the systems, a radar-like beam, which bends around the earth's surface, and upon which the new missile-destroying system depends, was developed under the direction of a 29-year-old Pennington man, Martin Kaiser, of 418 Hale Street.

The President said: "We now have developed and tested two systems with the ability to intercept and destroy armed satellites circling the earth in space. I can tell you today that these systems are in place, they are operationally ready and they are on the alert to protect this nation and the free world. Kaiser said he worked for Radio Corporation of America Laboratories in Dutch Neck when, in 1962, an RCA engineer discovered the principle of the bending beam. Kaiser was appointed field manager and engineer for the project, known as CAMEBRIDGE, at an RCA Lab in Burlington, Mass.

After three months, at the end of 1962, all equipment was taken to Barbados, West Indies, and Kaiser managed the work until June, 1963.

The young scientist hails from Wilkes Barre, Pa. He is presently at Rider College, studying for a degree in management, which he hopes to attain in June, 1965.

Johnson revealed the new "over-the-horizon and thus detect hostile missile launches within seconds.

"This means more time to prepare for our retaliatory strike and more time to decide - prudence and reason - the scope of our retaliatory strike" he said.
http://www.martykaiser.com/nostal~1.htm
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter Titles

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote:Really, really appreciated this chapter Paul. I focused mainly on the little girl missing her father and you named it so well. How did that chapter name come to you.? Its absolutely the perfect chapter title. Its just so full of the story , in only two words. grady
Coming up with the chapter titles is actually one of the fun aspects of this "job."

I have kept a running dialog going with Linda Brown during this whole process, and she shares with me details that have been glanced over as we get more deeply involved in each section. I was a little fuzzy on the details about her father's absence after he returned to Europe, and she sent me a message that was quite vivid in its recollection, that she had spent much of the following year, "missing Daddy." That's how she knew for sure she did not see him for that nearly-an-entire year."

Some things just leap out at you.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

some things leap out at you

Paul is so right. Some things just leap out at you. I agree with you grady that the title seems perfect for the chapter.

Other stuff leaps out too. You have to pay attention when it grabs you, knocks you against the wall a couple of times.

You will all think I am NUTS but thanks to Langley I think we have just uncovered some early work on that OTH radar development. The project name Langley. The project name, "

Operation Code name: Project SESAMISEED. Experiments to Demonstrate the Practical Uses of Artificial Plasma Clouds in the Lower Ionosphere

Corporate Author : NAVAL RESEARCH LAB WASHINGTON DC

SESAMI .... AS IN " OPEN SESAMI' AS IN ....." KISMET"

So You all go in the direction that feels right to you. I just found my path. Thanks Langley. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: following leads

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: And looking at all of the developments .... none of them actually resemble Dr. Browns " ship" in the propulsion system offered. When you read it you will see what I mean. They are " saucers" and maybe they flew but I don't think that they were the same animal. What we are looking for is just a little more subtle, more exotic , more hidden.
Gut Alt Golssen, Germany

Operation Paperclip

J. Edgar Hoover

Robert Cutler

Magneto Hydro Dynamics

Aether as fine matter

Just a few items

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

can't find it

Drats.

Can't find it now but didn't Dr. Brown mention the use of a Cesium "cloud" that his saucer would " feed off of". I read it somewhere. I know I did, but now I can't find the comment. If that was the case then he would have been interested in developing or further understanding that kind of thing? Sounds sorta dangerous to me, but maybe his saucers would be operating in space where no one would have to worry about " fallout"

Andrew, got your ears on? Help here?

Morgan said Dr. Brown was upset that a population was put at risk? Knowing that this was a possibility wouldn't they have set up monitoring stations for that radiation? In Florida? Elsewhere? Any connections there? Martin