Chapter 68: A New Age of Speed and Power

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

But does the right hand know what the left hand is doing, or vice versa?

Griffin
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

something similar to

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Something similar to the angels question to Hagar. Where do you come from, where will you go? Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

trickfox,
By co-incidence?, I asked someone upon another forum yesterday if he was a member of the flatland society.
It was a discussion about alignments at megalithic sites, they refuse to do anything else but look with their eye's.
I keep trying to suggest that alignments go through a globe in all directions, not just a visual line of arc relative to the observer.
I often watch Dr Quantum, he's class.

The two hand picture rings a bell also, I am certain there is two at least inside of me, one keeps quiet most of the time, but if subjected to a high flow of plasma, he starts waffling.
It happens at megalithic sites and at labyrinths in the cathedrals, I can position myself with precision.
The other side of me knows ever so much, both sides are best friends, I suppose if they are not problems would arise.

If the incoming flows from space are rising as I suspect, a lot of people will have to cope with the realisation that they are not alone, in their temporary body.
kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

right hand/left hand

Post by twigsnapper »

And if one hand were to vary its artistic style just by just the smallest bit, then what happens to the whole?

Thank you Navigator for your

"The two hand picture rings a bell also, I am certain there is two at least inside of me, one keeps quiet most of the time, but if subjected to a high flow of plasma, he starts waffling.
It happens at megalithic sites and at labyrinths in the cathedrals, I can position myself with precision.
The other side of me knows ever so much, both sides are best friends, I suppose if they are not problems would arise.

If the incoming flows from space are rising as I suspect, a lot of people will have to cope with the realisation that they are not alone, in their temporary body."

Wise beyond all measure. twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Jacques Bergier

Post by twigsnapper »

Jacques Bergier was an exceptionally talented man. As well as being an author he was also an chemical engineer who was known to work hand in hand with Robert Sarbacher at the Washington Institute of Technology.

I may have also mentioned him during the war years as sort of a one man shopping cart.

He could remember ANYTHING that he casually glanced at, which made him a wonder in the intelligence gathering field.

Now, one might ask. What is a man like that doing meeting with a gentle scientist who has recently declared that he is " through with science" and now wants only to fold clean clothes for the rest of his life? twigsnapper
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

Sounds like an early morning meeting of the magicians to me. Around sunrise, perhaps?

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Trickfox-

Further...

Depends on the type of mushroom, I would think. Being an immortal mushroom could be quite easy and totally fulfilling.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Incidentally...

What's that Wonderland Caterpillar sitting on -- and what's that Gryphon doing moseying around?

As ever,

Griffin
flowperson
Senior Officer

Re: something similar to

Post by flowperson »

Griffin wrote:But does the right hand know what the left hand is doing, or vice versa?

Griffin
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Something similar to the angels question to Hagar. Where do you come from, where will you go? Elizabeth
Hi...The double hand drawing reminiscent of M.C. Escher's work is iconic and prophetic at one in the same time. And for that matter so also were the works in different mediums by K. Godel, and J.C. Bach. You develop a stable theme, move it into another reality, and generate the future of its essence through endless variation and transformation.

A professor of computer science at the University of Indiana, Douglas Hofstader, wrote a very informative book in the 80's regarding the phenomenon of transparent transformation and change titled, Godel, Escher, Bach. I strongly suggest that anyone here who hasn't read it to obtain it and do so. It is written in dialogue form in lay language and provides the necessary information through analogy and metaphor, so it is readable and useful for the average person

We touched upon the matters at hand here when we were discussing portals which might facilitate this process in an interdimensional sense. And Mr. Twigsnapper was certainly prescient when he wondered for us what might happen if one hand happened to draw something on one side minutely different in its reality from the reality of the other hand on the other side ?

Well in a phrase "episodes of chaos" for that is the basic operational feature of the natural order on a universal scale. Now there is no way for ordinarily educated human beings to deeply understand the importance of this fundamental aspect of existence, other than through the consumption of abstract symbolism which denotes processes of transparent transformational experiences. And that is most discreetly and thoroughly done through works of visual art, music, drama, and the written word.

We're touching upon the very basic thematic stuff of our pursuits here folks. Don't let the moment pass unexamined by all of us. And I might add that this principle is at the root understandings of the new science of complex systems analysis, which IMHO is at the very foundation of our past, present, and continuing existence.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Seeing What We Want to See

Post by Paul S. »

Just getting a little caught up here...
grinder wrote:So now Paul I understand why you used that phrase particularly. But its interesting isn't it that Valone and Cook too went immediately to the " transportation " side of it and really didn't glance that hard at " communication" Isn't that just a little wierd or is it because thats what they were accustomed to, therefore thats what they saw?
Yeah, I think people have a tendency to see what they are looking for. It's hard to understand the significance of something that's not quite on the radar.

I ALMOST left out that paragraph about the nuclear test detection stuff. Well, maybe not quite almost, because like I say, when I read that I thought immediately of Langley's input.

And, as others have pointed out, the communications aspect of electrogravitics is perhaps even more important than the propulsion, and the others have a tendency to gloss over that, too. Perhaps that's as it is intended. I just don't know how much of the communications is really in use today, officially or unofficially. But I scratch my head every time I see it referred to in the context of submarines.

But I also wanted to learn the lesson from the previous chapter, when I DID omit the business about the flip-side of the speaker, i.e. the microphone capacity. Big d'oh and fore-head slap there. Didn't want to repeat that mistake, so when I read that section about the bomb detection, I figured it HAD to be included.

Hopefully I'll be inclined going forward to find a way to include more stuff that doesn't sound connected, because, of course... it probably is.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Important Footnote re: #36

Post by Paul S. »

I have just added a footnote to this chapter identifying the true origins of the fabled "Registered Copy #36" You can find the footnote directly by clicking here:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... ge.html#36

Tom Valone inferred to Nick Cook that the copy he passed on originated with the Freedom of Information Act, but apparently the true origin was much closer to home...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

In print

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Paul,

The journey of # 36 (popertly documented for once ) and out there in print. Its VERY nice to see. Whats the old saying ? Credit where credit is due? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: just a numbers request

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: when you finally get around to "purging" the "hollow" registrants to the foorum can you let us know what our true number is here? I noticed that the registration number has gone all the way up to 1200 something and I just wondered how many new members we actualy have.
What an f'ing plague. Who ARE these people who keep bot-registering. I don't know how long it has been since the last purge, but the one I just did killed of like 800 "members."

I can only purge to within 24 hours, and so there are still 40-some phony registrants. It looks like "griffin" is our latest real member, and that brings the grand total to a whopping 102 -- of which 70-some have not posted in more than 240 days.

But I'll take quality over quantity any time. Well, in most things...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

still a handfull BUT

Post by Victoria Steele »

Our Forum is still just a handful of active writers, I can see that but I agree with you that the folks who do bother to speak up have much to say and are serious and thats really special. STILL ... now that I know how many of you are out there just listening and not saying anything.

HEY, WHATS THE DEAL?

You have to be nearly as hooked to this story as we are so why the silence?

Lets see all of you can't be intelligence agents reporting home every day. Though when Paul asked how many of those sitting in on his lectures belonged to that Alphabet soup ....... the laughter was nervous and some even raised their hands I understand. OK so I'll give a few of you a pass. Its your job and all that OK, OK.

Now I can understand getting intimidated by some of the brains that we obviously have out there in our forumland. and not wanting to go toe to toe with them. I ask myself the same thing. What can I possibly contribute? I don't understand a flippin thing they just said! ( Yes, I don't need to name them, just read some of the depth of these comments and you will all figure out who is who if you haven't figured them already. Intellectually most of them scare the livin bejeezus out of me Except for Elizabeth , who probably is the smartest of the lot but comes across intentionally I think as " Mom" to this group. Thats what Trickfox calls her anyway and he is one of the ones that is most capable of leaving my mind in the dirt just trying to hang on to the conversation. So what I am trying to say is that I understand why some of you don't post.

But even if you just ask a question .... even if its just " HUH?" behind something that really puzzles you. THAT would be an enormous help here because then the forum wouldn't be operating in such a small space.

And hey, there is nothing wrong with being a critic of this entire project either. Given the scope of some of these discussion I am sure there has to be someone out saying " Thats just about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!" Speak up!

You will remember that we had our little round with the fellow named Justice. Do note the way that experience went and how hard everyone here on the Forum tried to accomodate his agenda. We eventually gave up ( though I think that Mom is still trying .... any luck Elizabeth?Anyway. Take it from that lesson that the people responding here are a flexible group. They won't judgeyou or berate you and as Paul just said .... its really good for us to look at things that we might not have considered before.

So if you are sitting out there with your hand over the keyboard. Join up. If that is difficult or not working please let Paul know. For those of you already joined .... then for Petes sake ....SPEAK UP....thanks Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

latter handed over to the FBI

Post by Mark Culpepper »

So, following the story line here. Dr. Brown sent a copy of a proposal to a friend somewhere who, even though he was asked in the letter to treat it in confidentiality, handed it over to the FBI.

Which means

The friend was no friend and a snitch for the FBI

The Friend was the channel through which information was leaked to the FNI

The FBI were already working with the " friend" and just waiting for the material to be handed over to them. I'm thinking Spirito and Puscheck at this point. If they are, I wonder when they got assigned to the case? Sometime after that picture of the two of them and Dr. Brown in what we think ( right?) is Washington DC in 195 something?

Or maybe its something else I haven't even considered yet. Learning from Morgan here, best as I can! Any other suggestions. I am looking at the long term consequences here. Boggles me that the plan could be this big. But I am beginning to believe its size. MarkC