Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

and I notice

Post by grinder »

That we didn't even get to talk about the " burning bush" which was the picture that you showed. Possibilities in every direction! grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

always in a circle

Post by Mikado14 »

For those not familiar, Zecharia Sitchin has been discussed in the forum before.

http://forum.ttbrown.com/viewtopic.php?p=3260#3260

Just a refresher.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

lost in the mist of time

Post by twigsnapper »

Thank you Mikado for reintroducing that topic thread. Time does go by quickly when we all are having so much fun. Notice that you posted that nearly a year ago ... well , ten months, but its cycle is coming around and you can see that it is time for it to bubble to the surface again.

If it helps you in your research Grinder. Morgan did report to Charles Miller for a short time for what I might have called an " advanced course in street smarts" during early 1967. But of course he was pretty good already with the things that Charles needed to teach him. Standard tradecraft covered lightly at the Farm, refined to a high art under the sponsorship of Charles Miller, who was highly fit and creative.

I know that it has been written that Linda Brown found Charles Miller rather sullen and unresponsive but to be fair to him he was under a fair amount of stress during the time that she was so critical of him. Trying to do his job and keep his eye on a lively teenager and her friends was a challenge that wore on him. And of course there were times that Dr. Brown with his extremely optimistic and happy attitude created problems of logistics too.

Morgan proved very quickly that he was able to handle five or six very complicated plans in his head and could switch from one to the next in a flash. Always prepared in that way I don't think that he let the strain of all of that show as much as Charles did. Not taking anything away from Miller. He was top notch. Just a little more singleminded. If you needed him he was always right where he was supposed to be. Answer your questions? twigsnapper
Last edited by twigsnapper on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Mikado...You were aware of course that Sitchin's Epic of Creation document that you posted the link to was from a meeting held at the Sheraton on Rittenhouse Square. Coincidence ?

Western civilization has its roots in the ancient middle east. It is necessary to look at the whole of the picture to understand this slice of Creation. There have always been two sorts of societies there, enslavement enabling, and later when the Hebrews came along, free societies based upon choice and education. What transpired there and on through the classical eras with the Greek and Roman empires were reflections and continuations of those two basic truths of origins. And when you think on this it was reflective of universal truths, 95% darkness and 5% light.

The Bible expresses this dichotomy of thought and deed by emphasizing the Creation of societies through two viewpoints, subjugation of nature, and living in harmony with nature. City states were the logical outgrowth of the subjugation viewpoint, and indigenous nomadic movement was the outcome of the second paradigm. In fact the Book of Genesis reflects these two viewpoints in the mythologies which it spins. Slavery, prostitution, competetive trade, etc all sprang from the former branches of humanity, and the earth-oriented values and nomadic lifestyles of tribal and nomadic peoples from the latter. This is not to say that there were not portions of each branch intermixed in various peoples, but this was the general picture.

In the Old Testament this was exemplified through mythological scenarios that encompassed stories which featured contentious interactions between two brothers. Cain and Abel, Esau and Jacob, etc. at the foundational points of patriarchy. The New Testament switched this theme to that of threes beginning with the mythical and primal family of Jesus, Thomas Didymus, and James the Just. This stuff clearly was not created and written, as Western Civilization's guiding mythologies, by accident.

It has all had the desired effects of guiding all of us to where we are today. Looking up at the sky and asking the question, "What the hell is all of this about anyhow ?"

Oh, and here's a little something I posted on another site regarding the importance of "gateways" which were the primary feature of early Middle Eastern City States:

The Gate and Gateway metaphor are suitable images to render when examining the meaning of the gospel passages that put usage of these symbols into the words of Jesus. However, I believe that we are looking at a much broader range of understandings in the usage of these symbols.

It should be remembered that the very first people of G-d, specifically chosen by Him/Her to live G-d's purpose in the world were the Hebrews, which comes from the Chaldean root "hibaru". The original interpretation of the root means roughly "those who cross over". Now again we are bumping up against words and meanings that imply transition from one reality to another. But we should never either forget that the first Hebrews were nomads and that the first tabernacle in which G-d communicated His/Her wishes to them was essentially a large compartmentalized tent. They were not city or village people, and only later did they establish towns and villages presumably with walls and gates.

The earliest sacred meanings attached to gates and walls were in the land of Shinar (biblical), Sumer (archaeological), Iraq (contemporary). The gate posts were especially important and almost always had votive images of the G-ds buried under them as did the walls, both structural and surrounding. The significance of this sacredness points to the delineation noted above in a recognition of the inside from the outside. Moreover, walls and gates imposed human-made order upon the natural world. By building boundaries and openings in them for passage they were emulating activities carried out by the G-ds at the very beginnings, since most creation myths always involved stories that emphasized the culture's original creation of order out of disorder, and the establishment of timelines that enabled continuance of the people out of the primordial chaos.

Ciphering and counting was invented at gateways and trade practices were carried out there with strangers from the outside world. Writing evolved from these activities so that the governing establishment in city states could record activities at the gates and regulate them to their and the populace's general benefit. Many of the oldest cuneiform tablets discovered in excavations of gateway areas turn up troves of clay tablets recording official activities of some kind. It is interesting to speculate that perhaps the Hebrews adopted a portion of these customs and beliefs during their diaspora in Babylon around 600 bce and carried them back to Palestine where they subsequently built more of their own cities with walls and gates. But my recollection is that the Cannanites were using the same construction format in the land prior to the Hebrews.

Prior to the Sumerians and their city states there were people in the same land known as the Ubaidians. Their lifestyle was not as highly organized as the Sumerians and not much appears about their works in the archaeological record, although votive figures attributed to their civilization have been found and usually depict serpent-appearing humanoid figures with conical hats and posed with their arms folded across their chests.

This takes the record in the region back to about 6,000 bce. There are others who see gateway significance in the dolmen structures of the neolithic period in central and northern Europe. It appears that they were a general feature of the sacred sites of the Celts and that ceremonies that required the people to pass through or under them were part of their sacred rites. Stonehenge is the most prominent of extant sites with preserved dolmens. It is also interesting
to note that such standing stone arrangement also define specific boundaries separating the inside from the outside of sacred areas, and that also provide gateway areas for passing through the sites.

Now it is interesting that Jesus denigrated those who used gateways before Him as "theives and bandits". It seems an uncharacteristically judgemental saying for him to have uttered. It would be interesting to know if the Jesus Seminar judged it to be authentic or not.

One should also rent a copy of the film Stargate and familiarize themselves with some contemporary interpretations for the usage of these most ancient structurial symbols.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

lost the thread

Post by twigsnapper »

And where did the discussion of the Gate of Xerxes , Persepolis go? Buried in all of that discussion you might find what was said about that somewhat interesting.

I don't think anyone yet has figured why Dr. Brown called his very last effort " Project Xerxes. Perhaps the answer is getting closer to the surface.

Flow and Mikado, Trickfox, Victoria and Elizabeth, Grinder, of course. Everyone else who has contributed to this discussion. Excellent! twigsnapper
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: lost the thread

Post by Langley »

Some years ago I met a man called Jonathan Grey, who had written a book called Dead Men's Secrets. He postulated that a long time ago, before the ancients mentioned here, in the order of 10,500 years ago, an advanced global civilisation came to an abrupt end.

A remanent of this civilisation lived on with increasingly weak memory of what had gone before.

A year or so ago on public TV here, a UK series was shown which tied Ankor Wat, Easter Island, the Pyramids together. He covered other places as well. And postulated that there was a global disaster which had wiped out an advanced global civilisation. The survivors died out and around the world direct knowledge died out.

The Perie Reece map of the world, dated apparently from prior to the 15 century, showed the two continents which lie beneath the Antarctic Ice. This has only relatively recently confirmed by radar imaging of Antarctica.

It could be that after sudden destruction, human societies rapidly devolved. It could be that human re integration with the ancient knowledge base is a slow ongoing process of re discovery. Hence the importance of ancient texts to people who are truly at the cutting edge today.

If one could show Edison a integrated circuit, he wouldnt comprehend it at first. Its function and principle of operation, let alone mode of construction is not self evident, but all a merely manipulations of the natural order of things.

And so any "device" which apparently allows contact between realms is important as it implies the ability to transmit information between the realms at anytime. And that impllies something else about human technology. It may depend not only upon the undertakings on this side of the gate. but also upon the aims and objectives of the other side of the gate.

According to many traditions and beliefs, there is at least "competition" on the other side of the gate.
grinder
Senior Officer

one thought

Post by grinder »

I read whqt you say Langley and it does not shock or upset or even surprise me. And I figure I am the result of things that I have read and been conditioned by through the years so maybe you are all right, maybe this was our past and we are just rediscovering what was known so very long ago. And just as Paul said , there have been specials on TV .... its beginning to " bubble to the surface" as Twigsnapper just said.

But what if I had read your words in the sixties? I might have been a whole lot more shocked. Even upset over the tie between " Flying Saucers" and the Bible. How much trouble did the author have getting this book published, what year? Anybody know? I'll bet he was turned down more than once just on the title alone! grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Mr. Twigsnapper,

I will put forth a download for the entertainment of all that are here. About two nights ago I saw you standing at the door of a bus. You looked at me and told me something ( I will keep this to myself at this time ) and smiled. I saw you as you are and you smiled and stepped onto the bus and walked up the stairs and as you did you were transformed into a young child with light hair. You were quite pleased with yourself as well as the others on board. Why did you give it up?

I will figure this out but something is afoot Watson or would that be a bent feather?

In any event, here is another thread that should be brought up after last night.

http://forum.ttbrown.com/viewtopic.php?p=3124#3124

And what other shadows are cast that Mercury will emerge from?

Shall we dance? or is it a chess move? or just ignore a crazy Mikado?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Mikado...Allow me ask you a few questions.

Do you believe dreams to be linear playbacks generated in "rem" periods of sleep that rationalize and organize the experiences of our lives into scenarios that we can place in an ordered framework, or do you believe them to be non-linear transmissions of views and sounds imposed upon our brain processes from "outside origins" to send us purposeful messages to be acted out in our "real" lives. Or...do you like me believe dreams to be some of both.

What is your opinion regarding who/what is sending us such non-linear brain wave based messages if the second scenario is your experience and choice ?
I'm just interested in your opinion. Not looking for any spiritual truths. Because of what I know of "sleep pattern research" and possible avenues to transmit wireless signals to a passive brain, I am interested about your take on all of this.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

Mercury stepping out of the shadows

Post by grinder »

We are being shown something here that is coming to us not in the normal way so I can understand why it might be hard for us to see. And it takes a long time. Using that phrase again " bubble to the surface" but thats just it ... this information has no where else to go. Bubbles need to go to the surface, they might be held under for a while but they will continue to break for the surface and thats what all this information is.

Going to that thread that you mentioned Mikado, inspired by the dream of tTwigsnapper stepping on a bus .... again ... where have I heard that metaphor before? Something about Paul telling us to sit down ... he was driving <g> Like a bunch of school kids who knows what can happen here.

But Mercury stepping out of the shadows was a bubble that started for the surface when it was first told on the forum by Mr. Twigsnapper.

I challenge all of you reading this to reread the chapter that inspired that post and then read that thread in response. Something is happening here folks and we are meant to look at this carefully.

Thanks Mikado . Kids on the bus talking of ice cream parties..........Mikado wrote .........

" I will figure this out but something is afoot Watson or would that be a bent feather?

In any event, here is another thread that should be brought up after last night.

viewtopic.php?p=3124#3124

And what other shadows are cast that Mercury will emerge from?

Shall we dance? or is it a chess move? or just ignore a crazy Mikado?

Mikado "

Thanks for sharing that with us .......................... grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Mikados "dream"

Post by Victoria Steele »

I think its a little of both and maybe something else too Flow, regarding Mikados dream. I do think its information from "outside" somehow but the rest of it is sort of a tuning device. It has to go through our own internal subconcious organization and that is different with each person. I mentioned it before when I said that I believed that we were wind chimes just waiting for that magic wind to allow us to sing.

But SOMETHING ELSE HAS BEEN HAPPENING. Do you see it Paul?

I think that we are being shown that THINGS CAN GO BOTH WAYS..... and maybe that means .... for us .... that MAYBE in concert we can SEND also.

I know that is such a way out thought its hard for me to get my mind around. But isn't this what we have been talking about here ... that somehow Dr. Brown was invested in the talent to recognize that for every direction you could go the other way too.

We are talking about a whole bunch of stuff on different levels. So if this is not understandable to you just let it sit and throw a red flag on it. Maybe later someone will go back to this message and say ...hey, maybe she had something! Maybe thats why we have been talking about this " vanilla ice cream party" We are " self organizing into a unit" even if it is just to meet each other and share a treat. Wierd, is all I can say. Odd, Odd, Odd. And important. And guess what. I don't think its going to go away. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: wonderful contact

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Having " Tula" to talk with must have been wonderful. I imagine she had many memories of her experiences with the Browns.
Even better that I was able to record most of the conversation, because I hardly remember most of the conversation now. As mentioned earlier, much of what I posted here was written write after that evening at Buckeye Lake. Good thing too. I thought about going back to the tape and listening to it again, but I think I'm going to save that for later.
Just curious. Did she ever date Juan again? That would have been interesting, two roomates dating those two fledgling agents!
I'll have to check. I think their paths cross again later in the story, but I don't think I'd describe it as "dating."
Did Tula ever go out to the lab? Did she meet Spirito and Puscheck maybe? Just wondering what her impressions of them would have been if she had.
Reading that is one of the reasons I'm thinking I need to listen to the tape again...
And can you share what she thought of Morgan? !
I think you pretty much answered your own question there. I might have more to say on that when we return to this story line.

I just wonder what she thought of Townsend Brown and Josephine.

In a nutshell, she held them both in very high esteem.
I thought of him when I read that Morgan had said that there was the possibility that he would be based out of San Francisco later on in the year. With Charles?
I believe so, yes.
What was Charles doing then? Anybody know? Betcha working for Mr. Twignsnapper and Dr. Brown, almost certain.
Whether or not they were all working together, I think it's fair to say they were all working in concert with each other, even if at a distance.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

and notice

Post by Victoria Steele »

And notice that Dr. Brown OF COURSE did not whisper a word about time travel or what was going on between himself and Morgan. His watching Morgan commit his future to being part of a crew on something called the " Argonaut" and the same time he involves himself in a conversation with Tula about " Flying Saucers" ( note that he uses that phrase according to Pauls reporting of the conversation ... instead of any thing else .....)

Now, the man had a reason I think for everything he did so I ask myself , why did he engage Tula in this particular subject? Would he have known that she would , years later, stand as a witness to his thoughts on the matter? Or is that too big a reach. Maybe he just had it on his mind ... maybe the subject had already come up somewhere else?

I just still am seeing some sort of a connection between Revernd Dowlings(sp?) book and the subject Dr. Brown chose to discuss with Tula. Makes me wonder if he was also perhaps having some sort of interaction with the Reverend himself? When was his book written I wonder and also I wonder if the Reverend has thought about what may have inspired him to write it? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: lost the thread

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:And where did the discussion of the Gate of Xerxes , Persepolis go? Buried in all of that discussion you might find what was said about that somewhat interesting.
I think it starts here:

viewtopic.php?p=3253&highlight=persepolis#3253
I don't think anyone yet has figured why Dr. Brown called his very last effort " Project Xerxes. Perhaps the answer is getting closer to the surface.
Well, I seem to recall having some fun spelling "Xerxes" backwards, but I don't think that's it....

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Ancient Texts

Post by Paul S. »

Langley wrote: It could be that human re integration with the ancient knowledge base is a slow ongoing process of re discovery. Hence the importance of ancient texts to people who are truly at the cutting edge today.
I think we speculate that is at least one reason why Beau Kitselman had such an interest in ancient Sanskrit.

And in the next breath, we recall that Oppenheimer quoted a passage from those ancient texts after witnessing Trinity.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"