Adamski contact

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Paul – Yes, it’s hard to remember the exact placement of data sources, especially when you’ve encountered so many. Both of those citations are from the forums. Elizabeth mentioned a car stopping on the road to offer a ride (into the unknown, so to speak), and Twigsnapper on 11-15-06 expanded on the concept. The boy and his dog encountering his future self traveling back in time to come to his aid was a forum reference which was indeed from Mikado, so I knew it was already in play and the habitual posters would recognize it as, of course, Mikado would.

Mikado – I am not from Rhode Island.

TWIGSNAPPER WROTE:
Now here is a thought to put alongside Elizabeth (which is always an honor)

What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?

The tough part here might be that the kid walking along that dangerous road doesn't even know that he has company now (and HAS HAD for every step he has ever made.) He thinks he is alone.

Perhaps the kid on the road has sensed this company but has never been able to actually recognize it.

And what of the "company"? What would you even call it? Extraterrestrial might be appropriate if it would mean "even MORE of this Earth"

MY COMMENT
This certainly bears reading, re-reading, and reflecting.

As ever,

Griffin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Perfect

Post by Paul S. »

THIS is what I love about these forums.

When I think I might be lost, there is always somebody who can remind me just what path I'm on.

My own virtual GPS.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

from one goosebump to the next

Post by grinder »

I agree Griffin.

That exchange from Mr. Twigsnapper is one of the most valuable pieces written on the forum and odd how it seems to result from an interaction with our Elizabeth. It just like some sort of magic that manifests itself right there for those who would see it. And reading it, and rereading it is a good thought.

And it touches everyone here on the forum which is the most amazing thing to me. I think that Victoria said we were all like these wind chimes just waiting for the breeze that would set us into action. All of us having a different contribution to the music that it makes. I do love listening to all of these comments.

And you are right Paul. You've got some powerful help here. Who needs gadgets.

So nice to see you back with us Elizabeth. I have to confess I have missed your posts. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Link?

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Mikado14 wrote: I wrote in the forum a long while back, and I am impressed at Griffin if he/she has read that much of the forum, about a story I wrote and had published about 30 years ago about a boy and his dog.
Think you can find that and put a link to it here 'bouts?

--PS
Here is your answer:

http://forum.ttbrown.com/viewtopic.php?p=3249#3249

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Griffin wrote: Mikado – I am not from Rhode Island.
My question as to Rhode Island apparently was not understood as the tongue in cheek that it was meant to be. That is why the "<g>".

Does the name Quahog mean anything?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

this too

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

And thanks to the little bit of cross referencing that seems to be going on I just discovered this post again from Mr. Twigsnapper which deserves to see the light of this particular day

viewtopic.php?p=3253#3253
and I am going to copy it here because I just think its pretty damned important.

"Reminds me of a good friend who was one helluva pilot. He died awhile back but he always was right there, right up against anything he had to be up against.

He had many passions. One of those passions centered on a jet that was sitting neglected somewhere in Moldava. Damn. It was love at first sight! She is sitting now in front of Wright Patterson Air Force Base, a silent monument of men like the fellow we all called Bentfeather.

Really has not much to do with the story at hand but Paul might remember Bentfeathers small contributions to the story. At least, I hope he has time to look back .

I just mention him because Bentfeather had been alot like me in my youth. Pretty much a rough character. We all figured to be burned up and shoveled out. Then amazing things happened.

We were all taken on "interesting trips". And eventually I came to realize that each trip that you are given is highly personal to your own sphere of reference. Bentfeathers travels with Morgan were meant to give him a certain slant on the world as it REALLY was, for him. This is information that can not be taught outright. Each person has to be in a certain place, at a certain time. That was a question that Paul asked very early on and I am proud to say he is well on the way to earning the answer. Sometimes it takes years of going from one onion peel down to the next. Sometimes it happens in a flash.

For me it was with my knees in the mud in April of 1945. For Bentfeather I understand it was seeing an ancient ruin once called Persepolis ... for each of us it will be something different. At least tht would be my hope.

And LindaB. You have made the assumption here that the "Caroline Group " is expanding. For every road there are many directions. What would it be if they were not? And what would it mean? twigsnapper

The date on this post was November 19, 2006. Elizabeth
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Mikado –

Well, the Quahog clam brings up some apt associations with what we’re dealing with in these forums. It has an association with digging and tunneling; it tends to operate just below the surface in the sand or mud (a bit like a rabbit hole), putting up its periscopes like a submarine (or we could see them as antennae); it’s good at filtering to separate the nutrients from the bits of flotsam and jetsam; it’s proficient at “clamming upâ€
grinder
Senior Officer

bubbles from below

Post by grinder »

Also called piss clams in some parts.

Hidden just far enough beneath the surface so that no one who does not know they exist even knows they are there.

There are tell tale signs though if you are good at digging for clams. They have a tendency to spout seawater sometimes, which can be to their disadvantage. Course if you don't know something is actually there you don't pay attention to that!

I agree, should be our third mascot. Sometimes I feel like one.

So Paul. You have to admit. We have been real good at entertaining ourselves in between chapters. We have talked about Super Decathlon planes and now clams. You have to give it to us. We are a creative bunch. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

oh my

Post by Mikado14 »

Quahog is the name of the town that Peter "Griffin" lives, in Rhode Island, which is from the cartoon by Seth McFarland called "Family Guy". It was a poor attempt at humor, that is all. I see I am the only one who watches. And for you Batman and Robin fans, Adam West voices the Mayor as himself.

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

interesting loops!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

I think you may have won the award here in obtuse references! You lost me entirely but what fun it was just trying to get where you were. Worth the loop indeed!

And by the way ..... a clam shell is prominently featured on the Townsend coat of arms ..... clamshells, pinetrees and a deer ..... hardly warlike symbols for that feudal age but Townsend Brown liked that combination and I have been told that he kept a picture of that coat of arms over his desk.

So, add that to this strange mix! Elizabeth
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Incidentally, the Flying Pig could also be included as an appropriate mascot or totem. Synchronistically, I saw one somewhat recently -- a large helium balloon, drawing attention to some sort of enterprise where whimsey is offered along with whatever else.

As ever,

Griffin
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Griffin... Yes...definitely...a fourth iconic mascot....

PINK FLOYD RULES FOREVER !

flow.... :P
Dancing is better than marching
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Elizabeth-

Clamshells, pine trees, and deer are all significant in a Daoist-Esoteric Buddhist art I practice. It's not surprising that they would have an association with Townsend Brown.

As ever,

Griffin
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Adamski contact

Post by Mikado14 »

Griffin wrote: I’m new to the Forums but I’ve been reading the posting with great interest. I told Paul when I joined about the connection of Townsend Brown to my own writing project. I realize this is a rather long post, but it deals with an important continuation of the closing events of this chapter.
Hello Griffin,

I have been meaning to ask, did you ever finish your research and publish?

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Griffin wrote: All this being considered, perhaps this group could adopt the Quahog Clam as an additional mascot, along with the Wonderland Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat. Three is a good number. The name Quahog also has a certain ring to it.

As ever,

Griffin
And poor Neva went into his hole, with his miner's hat, and has not been out since he read this post.......<g>

Mikado