Chapter 63: The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
H. Short
Space Cadet

Re: another look at the FTM

Post by H. Short »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:HShort, Hi! stll laughing over the Rex ..... " I think someone hasn't thought this thing through!" .....
:lol: :lol:
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:So in other words .... you think that the Rex just might exist out there somewhere but doubt that you are going to have to come face to face with him? Hey, that would work for me too.
I rather enjoy the Rex and EHD stories but doubt very much that in real life I'd have the guts to sit in a FTM with him, especially after what happened to Paul... You are a brave soul.. even if you do have monkey toes... :lol:
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I would agree with you that its hard to write FTM and maintain a straight face. But from what I have gathered at least there is a big honking difference between a simple " ships propulsion system " and the FTM. For obvious reasons.
Perhaps not so much. It is interesting to note that in many of the writings, such as Crooke's, about the aether there comes a point when it takes on very religious over tones. When I was first trying to wrap my head around the basic aether concept I made the comment half in jest that the only way I could get a handle on it was to think of it like the interface with the mind of God. A sort of cosmic 3D ultra fine plasma tube if you will. Turns out I wasn't so far off from what others long before me thought. The luminous aether in one sense can be considered the abode of the Radiant Beings. Makes absolute sense when you consider that 99.99% of all material in the universe we can detect is plasma... The amount of matter in solid form such as the ball of dirt and rock and water we live on is so insignificant as to be almost beyond consideration.

What I am getting at, is that if this is in anyway true, then our lives and experiences are in one sense simply virtual. And if so, then of course there will be the equivalent to a replay button which means that if the powers-that-be give you access to that control then 'time' travel is. The means for connecting with the aether technologically might be similar whether you are looking at a spatial drive propulsion system or accessing the replay button.

But of course the Buddhist have been saying similar things for a long time, and they don't advocate building FTMs, just on getting a handle on yourself; and since we are of the universe it makes perfect sense.

My comments that I don't really believe in time travel have to do with being an unenlightened soul in a state of disgrace. So, about the only way I can attempt to understand this stuff is via technology, and there is no way I can imagine time travel from that perspective.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

thought provoking

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Just wanted you to know HShort that I always find your messages thought provoking. Thats the wondrous thing about this forum. Nearly 7000 messages and most of them are as wonderful as this one. It boggles my mind sometimes.

I think what you said here

"Perhaps not so much. It is interesting to note that in many of the writings, such as Crooke's, about the aether there comes a point when it takes on very religious over tones. When I was first trying to wrap my head around the basic aether concept I made the comment half in jest that the only way I could get a handle on it was to think of it like the interface with the mind of God. A sort of cosmic 3D ultra fine plasma tube if you will. Turns out I wasn't so far off from what others long before me thought. The luminous aether in one sense can be considered the abode of the Radiant Beings"

is a discussion at the very core of what we have been talking about here. To cut it to its very simplest .... that there is an intelligence factor to this " aether" that our language is ..... inadequate " to describe because we only have the ability to see " through the glass darkly"

Dr. Brown and some of his companions declared that they were dealing with " the nervous system of the universe." Now there is a thought to consider too ... I think that through the ages various religions have spoken about the same thing but of course we have to relate things that we see to things that we already know about. Things that are REALLY beyond our comprehension can be right here in front of us without being seen. But that doesn't mean that there isn't some part of us that is connected somehow to that intelligent aether ..... and even though we may not understand most of the time .... we know .... what it knows ..... Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Elevator Speech

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Things that are REALLY beyond our comprehension can be right here in front of us without being seen. But that doesn't mean that there isn't some part of us that is connected somehow to that intelligent aether ..... and even though we may not understand most of the time .... we know .... what it knows
Lately, I've taken a very different approach to the question "what's the book about?" (besides about 350 pages so far...)

I used to say "It's a biography of Thomas Townsend Brown, whose principle contribution to civilization was the Ionic Breeze air purifier, which is based on an anomalous electrical effect..."yada yada yada...

Nowadays, I start my answer with "it's about the confluence of physics and metaphysics, as embodied in the life of...." yada yada yada.

That goes over a little easier, at least initially, than "the luminiferous aether = the nervous system of the universe," although there are a few people I talk to who might understand that, too.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

set statements

Post by twigsnapper »

know that it is annoying to have to develop set statements to particular questions but it is a useful ploy. Especially when you are going to be asked the same question over and over and over. A polished response is sometimes a good thing. And the polishing takes time.

Paul at one time I think that you came up with a pretty good response for " Who are you writing this book for?"

And then this " What is this book about" deserves the same kind of careful consideration.

So you are doing the right thing thinking about better ways of presenting the concepts and there is a WHOLE lot more here than " The story of a .... whats the word that you have used from the start? OBSCURE. scientist... and when you see all of that you realize suddenly that all or most of the " obscuring" was done by the man himself, it lends a bit of an interesting twist to the standard introduction.

All part of getting used to meeting the public head on. twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

stages

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,

Moving ahead in stages

Stage one
"I used to say "It's a biography of Thomas Townsend Brown, whose principle contribution to civilization was the Ionic Breeze air purifier, which is based on an anomalous electrical effect..."yada yada yada..

Stage two
.Nowadays, I start my answer with "it's about the confluence of physics and metaphysics, as embodied in the life of...." yada yada yada.

And stage three is?

I would suggest that you not forget to turn to the right hand and see what has been written by Elizabeth. Take a hard look about this "self organizing" thing. Its the key. viewtopic.php?p=8223#8223

And you actually KNEW it all along when you sent her that " code book" and asked her to join you in this project. In recognizing what was happening there and by joining you she responded to the same. Its not that you can't see it and that you don't know that its there. You do, you just haven't the trust just yet.

So until it arrives for you look to the one who has it in spades. ( actually correct that ... in her case it would be " in hearts" ) twigsnapper
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Just a thought

Post by JZimmer »

I have not waded thru all the posts yet, but it occurs to me that maybe the entire incident, including the demo was to flush out the mole, and the the real inventions were never actually on display

Jim
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

selling boats

Post by twigsnapper »

A man as smart as you are might just make a good boat salesman after all.

Its hard to see some things sometimes, especially with a whole lot of brass in the room. Things got quieter later, in a convertible. twigsnapper
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

That makes me smile

Post by JZimmer »

Haha, you just made my day!

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, especially since some in my family think otherwise

:lol:

Jim
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the joy plant

Post by twigsnapper »

Slightly out of context perhaps. I seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time rather consistantly these days but please bear with me.

We have touched on Robber Barons, and tea from China and the CIA and drug trafficking and a good man going down in South America and of course if you bother to study it a little, its all connected.

The Sumerians called it the " joy plant" .... other ancient worlds had goddesses who used it to " communicate with other worlds" .... but here in this one the use of it became a way of exerting power over those who lost their own power to it. And even if home governments tried to eradicate it the pull was too strong and making that substance illegal also merely made it more profitable. And Mikado, I had to disillusion you but away from the handsomely set tables, most of the financing for your beloved railroads, came from large scale drug trafficing.

So the English and others and their trade ships did have alot to do with transporting more than tea. And the "wars to end drug use" became simple pawns to control prices and availability. If any one doubts that check the availability of heroin on the market right now and the bumper crop in Afghanistan. This is a direct result of our " War on Drugs?" Of our participation in the war there?

While you are looking at all of the dangers in this world. I would rank oil interests, weapons interests and drug interests right up there on top and strange .... when you get in that combination .... you keep running into the same people. If the public REALLY had the proper eyes to see those "people" would not have the stranglehold they exert now. Of course they have to be recognized first. And you can't do that when you still buy into the phrase " War against drugs". twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: the joy plant

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Slightly out of context perhaps. I seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time rather consistantly these days but please bear with me.

We have touched on Robber Barons, and tea from China and the CIA and drug trafficking and a good man going down in South America and of course if you bother to study it a little, its all connected.

The Sumerians called it the " joy plant" .... other ancient worlds had goddesses who used it to " communicate with other worlds" .... but here in this one the use of it became a way of exerting power over those who lost their own power to it. And even if home governments tried to eradicate it the pull was too strong and making that substance illegal also merely made it more profitable. And Mikado, I had to disillusion you but away from the handsomely set tables, most of the financing for your beloved railroads, came from large scale drug trafficing.

So the English and others and their trade ships did have alot to do with transporting more than tea. And the "wars to end drug use" became simple pawns to control prices and availability. If any one doubts that check the availability of heroin on the market right now and the bumper crop in Afghanistan. This is a direct result of our " War on Drugs?" Of our participation in the war there?

While you are looking at all of the dangers in this world. I would rank oil interests, weapons interests and drug interests right up there on top and strange .... when you get in that combination .... you keep running into the same people. If the public REALLY had the proper eyes to see those "people" would not have the stranglehold they exert now. Of course they have to be recognized first. And you can't do that when you still buy into the phrase " War against drugs". twigsnapper

Yes Mr. Twigsnapper,

That is in a parallel universe...er.. thread.

Instead of going after the producers perhaps we should be "helping" people to get off of drugs with the money spent attempting to eradicate the producers. But then those who use them are weak willed individuals and I have tried to help some friends in the past but they have to learn to help themselves first.

Perhaps a "war against users"? and I mean compassion for their own weakness and not incarceration.

I am rambling,

sorry,

Miikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

Drugs and Sex and Rock&Roll

Post by Trickfox »

those who use them are weak willed individuals ....
I agree Mikado. Anyone who takes drugs or needs SEX or dances Rock & Roll is "weak willed", because NONE of that is necessary and it usually leads to pure capricious and hedonistic age lifestyles.

Look what can happen when you go to extremes using all three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxDiucKgb_Y

Now I dare any of you to watch this you tube to the very end!!!

Here is the biggest suprise: I LOVE THIS MAN'S ART. I associate with much of what he says and I even agree with his lifestyle, his dress habits and much of his philosophy. He is a GENIUS for working the mind with fear of the vices. This video and the movie "Eyes wide shut" have something in common..... Can anyone guess?

Here is my point..... EVERY mind has a weakness, so how are you going to judge whom is weak minded?

We all need and NEED and use drugs (even if it's just TEA). When a person looses control of anything, you have to find out WHY that person has given in to his or her "weak gene" and become a slave to something.

I know people who smoke one cigarette every two or three days at a time. but they keep a well crafted cigarette case on the coffee table next to a cigar box. (always with freash tobacco products too)

Some people treat wine in the same fashion.

Look...., the fact is Mr. T is pointing out that there are several reasons things are as they are with the "Drug" situation. A "war" is not the case however.

It's more of an "Accessory" to acheive other goals. :?

I haven't bother trying to find out, and I don't care. I just know that I'm not going to be victimized by anything having to do with Drugs, or SEX for that matter :twisted: .

I can't promis anything on the Rock&Roll issue however because YES....
I love Marylin Manson's music :shock:

Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

update?

Post by Victoria Steele »

I am not ignoring your post Trickfox. Alot of what you said I certainly agree with! I am adicted to a few things, luckily none of them illegal!

One of those things is this story!

So Paul. Thursday? Maybe? Possibly? huh, huh, huh?

I have decided too that I don't want to go down that " Disclosure Project" UFO conferences, MJ12 papers rabbit path into the swamp... though I have plenty to say I just don't have the enthusiasm for it and Mr, Twigsnapper said anyway that there would be people enough who actually live for this sort of information. I'm just going to encourage them to go for it!

I have other interests at this point and one of them is figuring what is going to happen next in the life of Josephine and Townsend and Linda and Morgan! Thats where my interest lies. People who know me would be surprised that the science really doesn't mean all that to me. I want to know about the love stories. Well, some of them who REALLY know me would have figured that ahead of time maybe.

So Paul? New information to go on by Thursday? You have been awfully quiet!

Oh did you notice!!!! OVER 8000 posts. Quality, thoughtful posts! A living breathing thing indeed! Victoria
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

discussion groups

Post by ladygrady »

We all are having so much fun watching this book being written can you imagine how wonderful it will be when it is written and out there and maybe people can get together to talk about how they have reacted to the thoughts presented?!

Perhaps a tour Paul? Where people can meet you and talk about the questions that I know they will have.( Just the " talking amongst themselves " would be fun too!)

Or is that the standard issue for " hitting the trail" with a new book? I have this feeling you may just be overwhelmed. grady
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: update?

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:So Paul? New information to go on by Thursday? You have been awfully quiet!
How many times do I have to remind you: yes, there is a Thursday EVERY WEEK! It comes... after Wednesday. Before Friday.

But since you asked so nicely...

The next chapter started shaping up this morning, or at least the first half of it. This one is going to cover a lot of ground -- from leaving Hawaii after Pearl Harbor (1950) to arriving in Zanesville in 1953. Unless I decide to break it up, that covers all the time in Los Angeles, too.

So Thursday is looking a tad unrealistic a the moment. More likely, again, early next week.

I've been cranking today, but there's still some distance to cover.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

difference being

Post by Victoria Steele »

Well, the difference in what you are writing and what others have written so far about the "Pearl Harbor Experiment?"

Well, most of them drew directly from statements that Mr. Kitselman made in his book Hello Stupid. I can almost draw you the line. Kitselman .... Bill Moore .... Cook... and everybody else. So waiting to hear what was really happening from someone closer to the source is well worth it. See how good I am being?!

Most of those guys just skipped immediately to Washington DC and Project Winterhaven. I just can't wait to hear what you have to say about that!

And I wondered. Where did Josephine put her teapot in that " little grass shack? And how much did she miss the elder Mrs. Brown I wonder? And what did the kids think of the "mainland?" Linda must have been quite the native kid. Victoria