Vanilla in Montreal

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Vanilla in Montreal

Post by Trickfox »

Actually this guy Ian James Colmer is quite a whiz kid. He picked up on my offer for a free ad. He's capable of saying anything he wants in that thread even after Paul locked it up. He changes his own picture (or did you change the pointer Paul)

I like his studio too. He has a fixation on Saucers, and Tesla.....
A bit like Jim Nickolson of the gravitycontrol.org fame. Like Jim he's an idea person and very creative. feels like a "Mac User"with a nice studio.

His website is full of cool pictures.

I'm impressed with the movie production images and all the ads for it's release next year.

I suppose if we start talking about the movie then we are just falling into the agenda. If Colmer was so quick as to change his server files, how did he find out so quickly that it was linked in Paul's locked forum?

SERIOUISLY<>no, ><........ Yea that's it ><....

I would prefer just inviting brilliant young people like Colmer to join our forum and get excited about the story of Dr. Brown, and others that we are all finding out about here so far.

I mean, -isn't it true that our forum is not really "GURU worship" for Thomas Townsend Brown. He was a brilliant man and apparently so is his living friend and co-patriot Mr. Twigsnapper. That is why we must look at the fact that there are plenty of great people who know each other in this little group and Elizabeth is correct is assuming that it has expressed itself as a united force.

So let's sail....... what is everyone doing at the end of the sumer

Vanilla in Montreal
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

vanilla and roses

Post by twigsnapper »

I salute you Trickfox.

Indulge me all for a moment for the ramblings of an old man.

You know that there are some very odd connections at work in this forum .

But to actually appreciate it all sometimes you have to look at "connections" in general. As things are all connected, time and space, electricity and gravity, oil and spies, ignorant fools, wise and dedicated men, pretty young girls , fine horses and people who never see the connections between anything, There are some that can smell the scent of roses and vanilla in the air, and some who can not.

I want to take you on a short ramble through time. Some of this will make no sense to anyone ( and that is alright). Parts of it might ring some bells with others and for a few who have had their eyes opened ... well, there might be a tale here that will actually make some people feel a little better right now. .

There once was a lady who loved horses and books and fine rugs, English silver and roses as big as cabbages. She had adventurous life which had a world wide influence but of course she was uncrowned in actuality. She collected fine rugs which she put down on the sand in her tent. She could outride any man in her company. Her private antiquities collection formed the core of a wonderful and priceless museum. and the men that she encouraged and taught in the arts of diplomacy and antiquities went on to become world leaders. One of the men that she trained as an intelligence agent was a fellow by the name of "Philby" whose adventures and inattentions turned his own son against him.

Her private collection of antiquities ( collected all of her life) was willed to the city of Baghdad and during the recent war was protected somewhat by US forces. Some of the oldest items of that collection mysteriously disappeared and have yet to resurface.

Her name, by the way, was simply Gertrude, a name that years later was used as a code between two lovers. Gertrude and Alawicious, an unlikely set of names for a couple of beautiful people..

Going back to that disinfranchised son. Well, the name Philby is easy enough to recognize and the ring that man generated was operating throughout the United States after the World War II. He was able to change the course of history for a decade, to divert and delay a river from its proper banks. But never in the fullness of time, because you see, the scent of roses and vanilla prevails as the story continues.

That everybody, was my 5 cents worth too. Twigsnapper
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Gertrude

Post by Radomir »

Grinder's comments on this already take us a ways toward understanding Mr. twigsnapper's story, above:

viewtopic.php?p=4458&highlight=gertrude#4458

Grinder wrote:
I will continue here in this post and let you decide if we should shift to another, I suggest " Its all about oil" because this discussion about Saudi Arabia and Iraq is going to get deeper, I think, and maybe is meant to go in that direction and to that depth.

I looked up the little comment that twigsnapper made about the person Harry St. John Philby ..... how could you leave that tip alone. One of the most famous names in spydom and JUST GUESS WHAT Kim Philby was this guys SON. In fact from what I have read the Russians recruited him to spy on his own father! What a small world this and now the word "multigenerational project" really means something to me.

check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John_Philby

I am not sure how we got to that little bit of information. Oh yes, Thankyou Mr. Twigsnapper. I think what we are getting here is a primer in our actual involvement in that area in a larger perspective than the one we happen to be in right now.

This Gertrude sounds like a Caroline operative to me, but I could be wrong. She sure was a force to be dealt with. grinder
The other relevant post of course from Mr. twigsnapper himself:

viewtopic.php?p=4456&highlight=gertrude#4456

Mr. twigsnapper wrote:
Kevin,

I always took the clocks setting to be an entirely arbitrary human device to set the danger level of a particular time. Sort of our terrorist levels now. And all the things that would move that indicator from one color to another were the types of things taken into consideration for the doomsday clock.

As Radomir noted .... in what frame of perception is the clock set? And even better than that ... by whose agenda?????

Following an obscure lead for Paul so he won't have to spend too much time in this direction. Gertrude trained a fellow by the name of Harry St. John Philby as a liaison officer so much of his explorations in Arabia had that flavor to it. He however began to understand that perhaps he was better in tune with " the other side", eventually resigned, converted and took the name Hajj Abdullah.

She, by the way, never married. A few years before he "went native" she developed serious lung problems and chose to take an overdose of pills, dying I think in 1926. Double check me on that if it even seems important.

A social network scan on this fellow you might find interesting. or not .... pretty distant level for interest but what you might call " background" on Dr. Browns statement " Its all about OIL." twigsnapper
With thanks to Grinder for his initial work, I don't think any of us have fully explored what Mr. twigsnapper suggests might be an interesting "social network scan on this fellow." Now he's mentioned it twice, which to me indicates this is something worth pursuing that we've missed the first time the pack circled 'round. I don't have time right now but just flagging that for the group. I will come back to this when I can if no one else takes it up. Thanks.

Best,
R.
grinder
Senior Officer

not in a vacuum

Post by grinder »

I guess one of the things that Mr. Twigsnapper is pointing out to us ( and Radomir too) is that nothing actually exists in a vacuum and every movement of one thing somehow DOES affect other situations and as unlikely as it might seem, if your eyes are open somehow you start seeing the connections.

I have a slight advantage over some of you because I know a little bit of the back history that has kept Paul busy. I have been involved myself collecting alot of the information he is trying to pull together. I have had sort of a family interest in some of this information)

So when the " Baghdad museum and missing artifacts is" mentioned he and I know certain things already that have not been shared yet. And of course when Philbys name is mentioned that represents scores of sheets for me of research and alot of electronic files I think for Paul. Its a great pleasure now I must tell you to begin to see the connections that are everywhere in this story. I can just imagine what other notebooks are like. Those are just mine.

who would guess that all of the things that Mr. Twigsnapper mentions would make perfect sense to me, so far, at the moment! Maybe I am catching up? At least now I am a little less inclined to pause and utter the one word that must drive him bonkers...............

The word is " HUH?" Elizabeth? Is it all coming togethr? I finally figured out about the picture. grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Uh, what'd I miss here?

Post by Paul S. »

Damn near missed this whole thread...
Trickfox wrote:If Colmer was so quick as to change his server files, how did he find out so quickly that it was linked in Paul's locked forum?
I'm not quite following you here, Trickfox... enlighten me? At least... pass on a link or something? Who is Ian James Colmer? Is he coming to Montreal for Vanilla?

So let's sail....... what is everyone doing at the end of the summer
I for one have made a fairly solemn vow that I'm not leaving my chair (after another week's dive trip in early June) until I finish this first draft. Takes too long to get ramped up again after a hiatus. But, I suppose I could be talked into some kind of gathering of the tribe (crew?), and I hear Montreal is nice that time of year.

Uh... what time of year are we talking about, exactly?? NOT WINTER! I don't go north of here in winter if I can help it...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Wed May 16, 2007 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Montreal

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Whats a good time for you Trickfox?

Looks like Paul is to be gone for awhile on another dive and I, believe it or not, am planning to go .... hmmm ... rock hunting. One or two here, one or two there .... so it looks like early June might get a little quiet around here.

(Everybody on the forum is going ... Oh good! ... they are going to SHUT UP for a week or so.) Break time! You have to admit this site can get intense. I never quite believe HOW intense until I ran into the Justice experience!

Now I am just quietly planning on collecting stuff for the Vanilla table so if its alright can we plan for later in the summer? That way too we will be able to really discuss the amount of information that will come to the surface. And maybe by then Paul will be at a spot where he figures he is into the "wrap" stage? Then it can REALLY be a celebration party!

And the whole thing Trickfox I understand that you will be the host because its your city BUT we are going to all be on our own as far as expenses. A sort of " dutch treat " meeting. Count me in. I have a feeling I can't afford to miss this again.

And if nothing really develops of world shaking proportions .... at least we will be able to sit with friends and share the experiences and the thoughts for the last year. Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

dates?

Post by Radomir »

Would be tremendously cool to join you folks for an all-hands-on-deck kind of get-together, but early summer would likely not be enough lead time for me to make it there. Don't hold anything up on my account, but I'm with EHD putting in my vote for later in the summer, like mid-to-late August?

Regardless, thanks to Trickfox for offering a host-city.

[stuff about Ian James Colmer, etc. deleted on edit...]

Radomir
Last edited by Radomir on Wed May 16, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

planning

I agree with you Radomir, for me too it would have to be later in the summer, early fall. Or at least it would be much easier for me to plan.

Trickfox? Does that work for you? This is your round table so lets keep this conversation in the air so we can work on the best date. Put me on your list for sure because, dear Trickfox, how could I miss this?

Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Late summer

Post by Trickfox »

I was planning to do it in the late summer and a bit east of Montreal, but everyone would have to drive or fly to Montreal to get here. I can plan this around a quiet French immersion atmosphere. Everyone will feel like they've made a trip to Europe....

There are excellent European style health retreats hidden in the natural arborial forests just east of Montreal. I'll look into making a group reservation and I'll let you all know as time goes by how things are going.

I think it will be an event to remember for all time.

We are calling it "Vanilla Conference 1"

(Stuff about Colmer edited out.....-let's give him a welcome)

Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Wed May 16, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: Late summer

Post by Radomir »

Trickfox wrote:Radomir
I was trying to avoid talking about the movie folks, that is why I never mentioned much about it in the forum. I sent some members private messages because I don't want to pursue the discussion about this movie. If we do, we fall directly into the promotional agenda.
Ach. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense. I edited the post accordingly.

R.
Trickfox
The Magician

Extemporaneous talk

Post by Trickfox »

What integration is about: On extemporaneous talk

(Unknown Binding) Image
by A. L Kitselman (Author)
No customer reviews yet.

Be the first. (love to... thank you)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Availability: Currently unavailable. (oh pooo)
We don't know when or if this title will be in stock again. (double poo)

Keep connected to what's happening in the world of books by signing up for Amazon.com Books Delivers, our monthly subscription e-mail newsletters. Discover new releases in your favorite categories, popular pre-orders and bestsellers, exclusive author interviews and podcasts, special sales, and more.
But when it comes to any books by Beau Kitselman forget it...

Might as well ask ACME company for one of their Wyle-E-Coyote gadgets right?

I don't care.... If it exists...... it must be real.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=48003

Trickfox
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

huh?

Trickfox,

lost me on that last link to Banda Gertrude!It was interesting (for sure) but I am trying to figure if you meant that particular link or if there was another one and this got sent in its place?

Though really it does fit because the earlier discussion was about women and spies and a woman by the name of Gertrude. The Gertrude that Twigsnapper mentioned though was named Gertrude Bell and she had quite an illstrious history (I am now understanding.)

Its pretty amazing how much you learn when you just try to keep up with Mr. Twigsnapper!

Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

OK...Wrong Gertrude I guess

Post by Trickfox »

I suppose the lady spy routine was a shot in the dark.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I know I was too early a bit anyway.....
From Mata-Hari to Kim Philby was a stretch anyhow.

History is tough!!!

Think I failed that subject when I was in high school.

trickfox
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

I'll just bet that.....

I think seeing connections between things that SEEM apart is just a matter of knowing alot. I would venture to guess that Mr. Twigsnapper could go from Mati-Hari to the world of Townsend Brown in just a few jumps because he has the knowledge that supplys the lily pads ... one froggy jump to the next.

Me? I end up in the pond! But I am trying to learn the technique and one thing that I have learned is that there is something valuable to giving the space in between the lily pads an opportunity to change your leap. Really.

Theres a Beau Kitselman thought for you, right out of the blue.

In our Vanilla Conference I am so looking forward to the ability to just "brainstorm " with you Trickfox and whoever can join us there. See how many lilly pads we can connect.

I have so many loose ends bobbing around but I KNOW that they are connected. But wait .... maybe I KNOW they are connected because I will be the one to see the connection ....... and therefor ... make the connection????? See how really wierd this gets?????.

Beau Kitselman wrote a warning which I am paraphrasing here because I don't have the exact quote in front of me and that was " Be careful of what you say because your words have a way of reaching back and claiming you."

And another quote which I always considered from him was " The meeting of their minds would have created the critical mass of a vacuum." Thats a great put down.! You can put down a person who is REALLY dense and they don't even know they've been put down! I certainly hope that I have credited that properly. (If not please let me know who originally said that and I will correct myself).... and give credit where credit is due.

Regardless of who might have said it, that was the kind of witty remark Beau Kitselman was known for. I am hoping that his daughters will be able to step forward with more personal stories because I am sure they would be able to show how amazing he was and it would be fun to learn more!

I know that he was a truly special man because we have a picture of Dr. Brown on the Deck of the Duchess and he is laughing over something that was said by the person taking the picture. That person was Beau Kitselman. If you study Dr. Browns relaxed and happy expression you can see how highly he appreciated and enjoyed Beaus company.

Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

The mathematics of Beau Kitselman

Post by Trickfox »

Aw....Yes...... Beau Kitselman....

I have yet to read anything which he has published except that which has been said on this website. Yet soon I shall have the priveledge to read about his Math and Philosophy. I shall surely find a perfect match for a large peice of a puzzle I'm working on. The motivation behind his actions, and the way in which he related to Dr. Brown, it will all make sense here soon,

By the way it's plain to see now that Vanilla is meant to happen next year, and not this summer or fall. There is a lot of work left to do on the book, and we cannot distract Paul by trying to socialize and celebrate before the task at hand is done.

For those of you I have contacted in PM, please know that all is not lost, and that we may simply have to get together NEXT spring, when the times will be more interesting and the reunion worth much more.

I've got some research to do on WW2 POWs anyway up here and I'm better off doing it, -that getting things ready for a party....
Thank you to everyone who answered yes to my invitation... Just stay tuned for next year.

Trickfox