Chapter 43 - For The Good Of The Service

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

think its without the R

Post by Mark Culpepper »

LindaB,

I think that its without the R . I might be wrong but I do know that the man became the science advisor to President Eisenhower later and was involved heavily in the Manhattan Project.

Odd that Loomis's name really never comes up that much, except when you REALLY look for it. Looks like it was his house that held the party. I read Tuxedo Park but its been so long ago and it was so detailed that I lost interest, I am embarrassed to say. I should have paid better attention. But weren't they also into some sort of mind control? How wierd is all of this getting?

A powder that could be baked up as muffins to be sold to the Japanese by the Chinese? or used against them? Didn't Mr. Twigsnapper already mention that? Somewhere? My mind is gone but I am sure I have seen that somewhere before? Somebody help! Mark C
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

big circles

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Does this at all seem familiar? We have just gone around in a circle and come right back to material that was suggested to us months ago. And again we find Mr. Twigsnapper standing there patiently. Everybody who is following this twist please just take a look at the Post EARLY RADAR

viewtopic.php?p=1824#1824

You were not wrong Mark. We have been there before. Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: think its without the R

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:I think that its without the R . I might be wrong but I do know that the man became the science advisor to President Eisenhower later and was involved heavily in the Manhattan Project.
Yup, that's the guy.

Note, however, that the remark that Twigsnapper recalls, from Townsend to Linda: "I knew a Cossack once..." is the ONLY clue we have linking Brown to Kistiakowski, and thus Loomis, and that whole world of intrigue.

Well, that, and now something about Tea, Earl Grey...and then, of course, the comment in the 1943 FBI report that our man knew "more about radar detection" than anybody in the Navy.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear we were circling one of the holes in the Swiss cheese.... <g>

Guess I'll be following Elizabeth's lead here and re-reading that earlier thread...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Hiccup

Post by Trickfox »

oops....
Sorry, I've been drinking again....... Hiccup
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

radar dectection

Post by grinder »

Maybe thats the key to the whole thing Paul and people like Mr. Twigsnapper are placed in a position where they can not spell things out directly. Where were they using these small units on planes. Against what, submarines?

You said "radar detection" regarding Dr. Browns expertise.

And everything else that we have been led to look at has been radar deneration, right? Seems to me that Dr. Brown was always in a parallel situation. So what might have been happening in "radar dectection?" The other side of the coin?

I'll bet that submarines are interested in knowing when and where they are being "scanned", don't you think? grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

not being seen

Post by Victoria Steele »

grinder,

One of the responses to your questions about a sub being interested in "where and when it is being scanned", I think that a sub worth its salt is more interested in not being scanned at all.

Now I know that I have poo pooed Bill Moore through the years but he might have been on to something about things "dissapearing" around Townsend Brown! Project Invisability I thinki that he called it!

Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

a start

Post by grinder »

Paul,

Its too bad that all you have is that comment from a father to a daughter ..." I knew a Cossack once ....".

But doesn't that serve some purpose to look in a certain direction? Without that, would you look in the Loomis direction at all? So if you "happen to find" another clue along the trail you have been sent down, then was it still ONLY a passing conversation?

I know you are trying to be very cautious here and I congratulate you on that. But that conversation PLUS what the FBI said certainly makes for an interesting flavor to things.

I think its better than looking for Destroyers disappearing in the green mist. And a whole lot more rational. Enough to make me look harder on my own.

Maybe you won't find another clue at all. Does that make the first two clues worthless? grinder
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

If I remember correctly, the TPX was said to have originally started out as an attempt to make a ship radar invisible. I think it was Moore who had said that, but in any case, if Townsend was working on radar detection, I suspect he was working on radar non-detection equipment as well. Perhaps experimenting with radar-undetectable submarines? Just a theory.

If you assume the TPX is a smoke screen, then it has the elements necessary for an urban legend - a grain of truth (Brown and radar) coupled with a possible outcome/consequence of unknown probability.

Andrew
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Yeah... but...

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:people like Mr. Twigsnapper are placed in a position where they can not spell things out directly. Where were they using these small units on planes. Against what, submarines?
You know what mystifies me? We're talking about stuff that happened more than 60 years ago. Surely the technologies that were novel then have been replaced many times since. So... why all the lingering secrecy now??

This is not a facetious question; I think the issue raised is central to this whole confounding process. What is it about this "stuff" that was developed more than half-a-century ago that makes its continued concealment such a concern?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Clues are Clues

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Maybe you won't find another clue at all. Does that make the first two clues worthless? grinder
No, hardly. It just limits what can be reported at this time. It's suggestive and circumstantial, but inconclusive. The most that can actually be "reported" at this time is "we have the clues." That's more than "we know nothing." And you're right, it sorta yanks our vision in a certain direction and instructs us to keep looking.

Gotta be a pony in here somewhere...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

why still classified

Paul,

My hunch is that when anything remains "classified" is that it is because that information is attached somehow to an "ongoing program". But since I am no expert in that field I thought maybe you could ask someone like Richard Dolan that question. He has made quite a study of different intelligence services and how they operate. Do you think that he might have a more lucid answer to your question? I noticed that he is speaking again in Vegas so he is probably working on getting his material together too. Perhaps he might find your question interesting. Just a thought.

Or perhaps there is someone else out there who has had experience with classified material and would like to express and opinion on why Dr. Browns "technology" might still be so deeply classified?

And the other question I have always had is ...... there are some instances when other people say that "Browns work was immediately classified." And I have always wondered ....... unless they were there before that happened and knew about the work itself ..... how would they even know that it had been classified? Wouldn't the material and all references to it just disappear? Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: and tea at four

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote:Oh and well done longboardLOVELY. So nice to hear from you.

My best regards.

Strange notes survive the weeding process.

Notations that no one else would consider important. Silly things like "Earl Grey" at four. (Everything stopped for that, by the way) Look for that. And the company of a man Dr. Brown only mentioned to his daughter once as " I had a friend once, A Cossack who developed a powder ...... that we sold to the Chinese to use against the Japanese." Paul can confirm that quote.

I thought that you might personally find that information fun. Twigsnapper
Paul and Mark were right; it's without the "R". Kistiakowsky's father and mother were Cossacks. I guess you could definitely use their (Brown and K) connection in the book, Paul. I couldn't find anything about the Earl Grey at four (I'll keep looking), but I definitely remember that powder thingy. Learned about it in my professional years. It was called the "Aunt Jemima" powder, because presumably it was an explosive that looked like flour and could even be safely baked into breads and cookies without losing its efficacy as an explosive. Wow, never thought that little bit of "whatever" would come in handy again... Really never thought I'd remember something like that. (No one would ever admit that something like that existed or exists now, but it is quite feasible. The key is to stabilize the powdered dynamite [or whatever else is the main ingredient] with Bentonite [or pharmaceutical grade silica], which is what they used in 2002 with the Anthrax scare.)

Totally unrelated but, I had a chemistry teacher in High School who taught us how to make Nitrogen Triiodide. Never really used it though. I think you'd have to be partially mad to be a teacher like that...

LongboardLOVELY

Hey, Paul, November is going to be a blast! Especially with all these people eager to show you exactly how you have inspired them to read and study more!
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Bentonite???

LindaB.

Can you tell me a little bit more about Bentonite? My grasp of it is really limited but I know that the name comes up more than once in Dr. Browns notebooks. What might be interesting about Bentonite? What unusual properties does it have?

I have heard that used as a poultice it had the property of pulling out toxins from wounds. Is that just a wives tale, or in my case " an old Indian wives tale?" And then you mention a counter for Anthrax and thats enough to give you a chill.

I understand that there are large deposits of that material in different parts of the United States. I'd appreciate any input that you could throw in my direction LindaB because as I said .... I know next to nothing about the material.

Andrew. Why do you think that Dr. Brown might be interested in Bentonite?

I just find it odd that the ONE material that was special to him is suddenly mentioned regarding exploding muffins! Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

another project more secret ......

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul, you are probably familiar with that phrase. I have been doing a little studying up on " Flying Saucers" in the fifties, especially the "flap" that occurred in Washington DC in 1952 I think. I dunno, I just got sort of sucked into the subject.

But then you guys started talking about Loomis and the Manhattan Project and all and I suddenly realized that I had run into what might be a cross thread.

The Manhattan Project had to be the most important and the most secret thing going. Or at least I thought. In my further studies I realized that the Manhattan project was nearly from the first compromised by Russian agents ........ but thats not where I am going here and if you could eventually respond to this Paul I would appreciate it.

Possibly there was another secret project. One MORE SECRET than the Manhattan Project. I have run into references to it many times and found it again in Tim Goods book "Above Top Secret" . On page 258 he writes :" As the Canadian government Scientist Wilbur Smith noted in his top secret memorandum, Dr. Bush headed a "small group" set up to investigate UFOs which matter " Is the most highly classified subject in the United States government rating even higher than the H-Bomb"

Now I know that the H Bomb was a further development but apparently somebody believed that there was ANOTHER PROJECT OUT THERE. Could this have been something that Townsend Brown was involved in? Is this why he founded NICAP? This story just gets more and more fascinating but Paul, I don't think that just one book is going to cover it! Mark C
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Majestic Twelve

An interesting thread indeed Mark.

If you study that statement about " there being a project more secret than the H bomb" you run smack dab into an outfit others have dubbed (if it actually existed) "Majestic 12" .... which is purported to be the very secret group that was dealing with keeping UFOs secret from the general public.

We keep talking about Pauls participation at this "conference in Vegas" but everybody take note that this conference at its core is an investigation into the papers (perhaps) surrounding this particular group. Mr Wood and his son Ryan have taken all of this very seriously. They haven't had very much information available to them either but that won't stop the search or the conference in November, and I expect others.

Paul you asked what Townsend Brown could have possibly been involved in then that would have continued in secrecy today. Seems that contact of ANY kind with another intelligence would certainly be right up there.

I know its easy to get caught up with all of what he considered his "ashtray projects" because they were amazing developments, but to him they were just that. I wonder what he would have told you was worth keeping a secret for all of these years? And the most interesting slant to that question I think is ....... why .......... Why not let that information out? Elizabeth