"lifters" around the world

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

"lifters" around the world

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Thought that some of you might be really interested in this

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/logbook/index.htm

The graphics remind me of " Independence Day". These may look like toys and obviously people do not understand them thoroughly but isn't it interesting!

Maybe we can devote this post area for discussions of various "lifter" technology.

Mark C.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: "lifters" around the world

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Thought that some of you might be really interested in this

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/logbook/index.htm

The graphics remind me of " Independence Day". These may look like toys and obviously people do not understand them thoroughly but isn't it interesting!

Maybe we can devote this post area for discussions of various "lifter" technology.

Mark C.
Just as Dennis Miller would say, "I don't mean to go on a rant here but".

Let's see, the picture I am looking at shows a flyback Xformer from a tv, notice that the frequency, 12 - 16 khz, ....uh, that's the horizontal sweep rate of 15,750 hz. you need that since the flyback is a tuned circuit to that freq. The BU508 is the Horiz. Out that drives the flyback as a class C amp. The 3055 Xsistor is about as common as Catshit and is commonly found as a regulator in Power Supplies for the last 25+ years, and I'll bet dollars to donuts that the regulator is either an LM7815 or a 7515. That unit might be over driven to 80kv but I doubt it. From what I have read about these lifters, it won't get a big one up.

When is someone going to do something original and stop copying each other? As long as they keep doing that, they just have conversation pieces and curiosities.

Just my humble opinion of what I saw. But thanks for the link, I needed to have a good one.

Peace
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

That's one of the great things about the lifters and power supplies - they are so easy to make that it almost anyone with a modicum of knowledge can get a really cool project out of it. I also like some of the creative designs they have come up with.

Back in my day (well, only 20 years ago when I was in high school) we did the same thing but with paper airplanes - all the designs to see which ones could go further, fastest, most loops, etc.

I agree that I'm not sure how much further the lifter group can go after a certain point, but it looks like they're having a great time! And hopefully it is a starting point for kids (and adults) to take an interest in the sciences.

Andrew
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

from what I have read

Post by twigsnapper »

Ah, but Mikado, thats the operative phrase "From what I have read of these lifters"

"lifters" are just what they are. Balsa and plastic straws. And what else?

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

Falling off my chair laughing

Post by Trickfox »

That was great mr. Twigsnapper. I nearly soiled myself laughing.

allways a pleasure.
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: from what I have read

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Ah, but Mikado, thats the operative phrase "From what I have read of these lifters"

"lifters" are just what they are. Balsa and plastic straws. And what else?

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

twigsnapper
Good Day Mr. Twigsnapper!

I can get so focused that I can't see the damn forest because there's a lifter in the way.

In reality, I see recognition of Dr. Brown's work by others. However, I also see a stumbling in what they are doing. What comes to mind is a report, or story, I read as a teenager about natives building bamboo planes in the hope that the planes would return. They saw, they copied but it just wouldn't fly. They didn't truly understand.

Just my Opinion

PS: Now if I could only get this lifter out of my way I could.........
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cargo cultures

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Actually can't stay out of this conversation. Sharing the grin here.

My anthropology is pretty darned rusty but I seem to recall that they called them "Cargo Cultures". The natives would see something beyond their ken ..... and then try to duplicate it so that the "God" their model represented would return. All very serious stuff.

And of course, when that actual aircraft made another pass, perhaps months later, I am sure some pilot shook his head and maybe someone on board filmed the situation. It was sort of a laugh to all the technically minded on board. And students like us Mikado are able to vaguely remember that sight .... strange situation that it was .....

But here is another thought for you. Which one of those cultures was closer to the truth? Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

like this?

Post by twigsnapper »

Hello my dear Elizabeth,

Sort of like this, you mean?

http://www.cargogods.com/html/About.htm?ID=16

Twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cargo offerings

So from one onion peel to the other is not that different then?
So in this case, what would be the appropriate cargo offering? <g> but I am serious, as always!
Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: cargo cultures

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Actually can't stay out of this conversation. Sharing the grin here.

My anthropology is pretty darned rusty but I seem to recall that they called them "Cargo Cultures". The natives would see something beyond their ken ..... and then try to duplicate it so that the "God" their model represented would return. All very serious stuff.

And of course, when that actual aircraft made another pass, perhaps months later, I am sure some pilot shook his head and maybe someone on board filmed the situation. It was sort of a laugh to all the technically minded on board. And students like us Mikado are able to vaguely remember that sight .... strange situation that it was .....

But here is another thought for you. Which one of those cultures was closer to the truth? Elizabeth
I haven't a clue. I just remember seeing something back in the sixties and it just kinda popped up from the spinning vortex within my cranium.

Lately, I wish something usefull would pop up instead of who starred in what movie back in the thirties.....oh, and would somebody get that lifter out of my way....they keep popping up up all over the place.

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

so what you are saying

So, what you are saying Mikado .... is (????) ... if people were not so absorbed in trying to get these balsa and straw lifters off the ground ..... that perhaps they might see something else? <g>(?????) I don't want to put words in your mouth so please correct me here if I have misread.

Isn't it sort of strange? Since the twenties Townsend Browns work has been ignored or ridiculed publically .... (all the time it seems someone somewhere has been paying attention to the technology) ..... but everytime most of us look in that direction there is something else there to draw us off again. Now when his name is being recognized .... where is the attention? The ionic breeze? A lifter in someones garage? That feels as strange to me as it does to you.

Paul made an interesting comment in response to that picture of Linda and her Dad (where Dr. Brown is pointing to the sky) He said that Morgan had made the statement to him something like "Sly old fox, point to the sky and go underwater!)

We haven't even really talked about the submarines out there that might be using Dr. Browns work ...... and its getting more and more obvious to me that there is other stuff out there too .... that is being protected by our obsession with "lifters". Paul said that Dr. Brown called them "ashtray products" .............. so what is REALLY out there, waiting for us to see it?? My gut feeling is that it is a major development ... not just a propulsion system.

Someone elses turn. Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

is it just me?

Post by grinder »

To me its just sort of obvious that the "lifters' in all their balsa wood and tape glory are just showing off a principle that (hopefully) OUR armed forces has had now for years and years. I am sure that eventually the connection will run straight and true right back into Dr. Browns hands.

Maybe some other technology had it before that? Who really knows. Cargo Culture indeed!

No one here has mentioned these nefarious "Black Triangles"everyone seems to be seeing now, except in passing.

So whats the deal with those? Seems to me that there is almost too much similarity (silent, triangular ... sometimes with a blue haze) to be a co incidence with the stuff that Dr. Brown was "into".

I have a friend (whom I would trust with my life to be credible) and he SWEARS he saw one of these awesome humongous (is that a word?) craft just outside Wytheville, Virginia about a year ago. I looked into it and apparently that area has had a history with those craft. So what the heck is that all about?

I know, I know. I am just talking "propulsion systems" and maybe I am looking off the subject of what is REALLY important but my friend said when that thing passed silently right over his head he took it to be the most important event in his life and I believe him. grinder
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Virginia and Flying Saucers

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Maybe its just what people have been known to smoke in this state but the heritage of "Flying Saucers" and " Black triangels" is very strong here.

I myself have seen one. at a distance, but totally unexplained and totally silent and I know enough about aircraft to know that it was no helicopter and anything else going that slowly would have plowed into the nearest cornfield.

And you are right grinder. In the early and mid sixties especially western Virginia was a UFO buffs paradise. Strange that nothing ever came of all those reports.

I noticed this and thought that you all would appreciate it.

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/upd ... -021.shtml

Mark C.
Trickfox
The Magician

lifters and cargo cults

Post by Trickfox »

http://sorcery.safeshopper.com/12/1078.htm?323

Talk about cargo cult technologies, Here is another new definition for "lifters".

And YES Elisabeth There are DEFINATELY more to come about Dr. Brown's important work and Paul's book will surely inform all of us about the rest of this amazing CARGO.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

sad commentary

Post by Mark Culpepper »

And while you are at it and you have a moment, look through this

http://www.info-quest.org/documents/antigravity.html

Its a long article just peppered with references to Dr. Browns work. I just can't wait for Paul to get there with his book and at least TRY to tell us what was really going on in the mans life. This is the part I found the most ironic and thought provoking though.

"America has used its enormous wealth to become the global super-
power. The TAW-50 is but one example of its exotic, unnecessarily
proliferative, and highly-destructive arsenal. The world awaits the
day when America finds its soul, and pays more attention to matters
of spirit, mind and metaphysical development, and withdraws from its
addiction to war toys.
It has been said that if the American people knew what the military
had in their arsenal today, they wouldn't believe it, and would
think that someone was fantasizing about a George Lucas Star Wars
movie episode.
But it's not science-fiction. The future is already here."

I swear I have already seen that quote. Paul have we been here before? Or is this an example of one of Trickfoxs "hiccups?"

"WITHRAWS FROM ITS ADDICTION TO WAR TOYS". ADDICTION is the right word I think. Mark C.