Chapter 38 - Parallel Lives

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

given a choice

Post by grinder »

So, lets see how this works. This "organization" tentatively reaches out to Morgan and offers him a job .... for the rest of his life? One that he can't back out of? Whew. I don't know. Who are you signing up with here?

And it doesn't look like to me that Dr. Brown has all that much money, so for an American kid who was raised on the "Main Line " of Philadelphia, I wonder what he would expect financially out of life.

They are asking him to cut away from old friends. Do they already know that he could actually do that? I am not sure of many who could leave their friends behind. And other girlfriends? YOur other chapters have mentioned that Morgan had plenty of those . So how hard would that be. Then theres school. The guys not stupid. He had already been figuring about what the CIA would require, but at least they let you go home to a wife and family. (well, I THINK they do)

Did Morgan ever mention financially what he was offered? I mean, how much does a junior grade security agent make a week? What were the benefits? Do those guys have insurance? silly, maybe, but practical question. grinder
Madison
Space Cadet

what Dr. Brown said

Post by Madison »

Did anyone ever just ask Dr. Brown if he felt that Aliens had contacted humans. Now maybe with his experience if HE had been contacted I can understand why he might not volunteer information but maybe he did say something to those close to him. Sometimes just passing comments can be very interesting. Even if he was holding back on EVERYTHING he might have slipped some information out there. Paul? Did he ever tell Linda? Did she ever ask? Surely with his background they had that kind of discussion!

Hi everybody!

The readings been great! remember, Vegas in November!

I am looking forward Paul to shaking your hand! Will Linda Brown be there too? I have come to really appreciate that ladys experiences and would like to meet her someday. Madison
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Gravity Transmitter

Post by greggvizza »

And what if ...... that other entity out there can monitor the flow of information with this "advanced human system". Would they interrupt the conversation by announcing themselves.
20 years ago I came to the conclusion that stereo loudspeakers, being pistons that push air, a technology dating from the 1800’s, was antiquated and that there had to be a better way to vibrate air other than with an ancient piston device; basically beating a drum by means of an electromagnet; its caveman-like. The only means that I could think of was to modulate gravity and shake the air molecules directly by means of modulated gravitic attraction and repulsion; probably possible, but the narrow thinking involved. Narrow meaning that all I could envision was that the loudspeaker would be replaced. If developed I would have been in for a big surprise. This narrow focus on a specific goal may have also caused TT to have a big surprise. If he was thinking that communicating by electrogravitic modulation was just a novel way of keeping the signals private, he may have been so focused on making it work that he overlooked the fact that the signal does not propagate like electromagnetic waves, it is everywhere at the same time, instantly at the ends of the universe, it doesn’t have to travel. So every entity in the universe could listen in, in real time. This is sort of also true of electromagnetic waves, theoretically someone out there could be watching Leave It To Beaver, but the fact that radio waves have to travel means that they may not receive the original 60’s broadcast for another 1000 years or so. Not so with gravity communication, they would be tuning in live in real time regardless of the distance.

Gregg Vizza
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

excellent points

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Excellent points Madison and Greg,

I am hoping as Paul continues getting his story out there that we will be better informed as to how Dr. Brown actually came to be aware of the capabilities of the devices he was working with. The fact that there seemed to be a force that was instantaneous through the universe. He is quoted as saying that in the twenties when he was a student! Of course no one wanted to listen to him. Some of his professors considered his views outrageous and "not to be considered". But still somehow he seemed to know that he was on the right track.

I believe that you could be right Greg, any time any one is involved in research , there is always the chance that a suprise will come up and hit you in the face. The hope is that its a good suprise!

But I want to share with you what I have learned about Dr. Brown in the last four years of study. He was not a man to get into a single line of reasoning. Not at all linear in his thinking, so even though suprises I am sure sometimes reached him I am not sure its because he got zeroed in too closely without realizing what other implications there may have been.

Actually, I believe that Dr. Browns mentality carried with it the disadvantage that he seemed to just KNOW things before he could even set up the proof for them. So you see ... he would have come at it from the other end of your proposition (which is the way all of us would have handled it ... we would have worked diligently and then said .... hmmmmm I didn't realize it but just look at what I have found!) Dr. Browns way of working I believe was more ...... Look what I suddenly know .... now how am I going to backtrack enough to explain this to others? So following that logic if you will with me .... I think that it is entirely possible that even before he started his work Townsend Brown knew there was something out there waiting for his signals. The tough part for him was just figuring out how to start sending.

My opinion anyway, for whatever its worth. Thankyou so much for your input and please, more, more! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: given a choice

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Did Morgan ever mention financially what he was offered? I mean, how much does a junior grade security agent make a week? What were the benefits? Do those guys have insurance? silly, maybe, but practical question.
I think you're asking for an "Ozzie & Harriet" answer to a "James Bond" question. That kind of 'conventional living' just doesn't compute in the world we're talking about.

"How much does it pay?" doesn't sound to me like one of the questions that gets asked in this realm. Iif we're to learn anything from the way Dr. Brown moved around in the same world, the answer must have been something like "as much as you need" -- with the understanding that "living in excess" was just not part of the equation. That's not part of the temperment of people who are invited across such a threshold.

Mostly, Townsend Brown lived very modestly; when he needed, as at Ashlawn, to provide a higher level of comfort for his family, that was provided.

The "benefits" -- as you put it -- were commensurate with the "commitment" that Mr. Tolstoy explained to Morgan.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: what Dr. Brown said

Post by Paul S. »

Well, Madison... nice to see you again. Where've ya been?

See any of my fish pictures?

And, you know, it IS interesting what you see when you "look up" at the surface... why... the sky is right there on the other side!
Madison wrote:Did anyone ever just ask Dr. Brown if he felt that Aliens had contacted humans. Now maybe with his experience if HE had been contacted I can understand why he might not volunteer information but maybe he did say something to those close to him.
Well... all I can say right now is... there are some stories. Dr. Brown was keenly interested in all the "flying saucer" stuff that started up in the late 40s... do you know that he was the principal founder of NICAP in 1956? (a fact that often gets lost in NICAP's subsequent history)
I am looking forward Paul to shaking your hand!
Likewise. I'm looking forward to meeting whoever from these forums can join us, and to sharing what we've learned -- and what we've been discussing -- with the other folks who will be there.
Will Linda Brown be there too?
If I had to hazard a guess at this point, I would suspect that Linda will continue to do all she can to keep as low a profile as possible. Any change in that posture will be entirely up to her.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Gravity Transmitter

Post by Paul S. »

greggvizza wrote:If he was thinking that communicating by electrogravitic modulation was just a novel way of keeping the signals private, he may have been so focused on making it work that he overlooked the fact that the signal does not propagate like electromagnetic waves, it is everywhere at the same time, instantly at the ends of the universe, it doesn’t have to travel.
Gregg, that is another aspect of this discussion that I'm trying to channel over into the "science" section of the forums:

viewtopic.php?p=1615#1615

If you don't mind (well, even if you do...<g>), I'm going to quote part of this post over there and hopefully the conversation can continue under that heading.

I've posted the excerpt from your message here:

viewtopic.php?p=1657#1657

Thanks,

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
grinder
Senior Officer

I see what you mean

Post by grinder »

I think I see what you mean Paul. Actually to be truly "Under the Radar" as these guys must have been .... sheeze .... just getting paid .... turns out to be a tricky situation. I know that the CIA has all kinds of "cover companies" and agents can go from one to the other and it looks like they have common everyday jobs when they are not even where everybody thinks they are when they are off on "business trips" so I guess that the Caroline Group might just be a little like that? Or maybe a whole lot like that .... Maybe they are the ones that taught the CIA how to operate. I understand that it was Stephenson who set up some of the operations of the new CIA and thats why he got his statue there ...... so maybe he was just teaching what he had already learned from an .... older .... organization?

Still, I know that there must have been some communication between Linda and her Morgan later in their lives. Didn't she ever wonder what he had done with his life, because , I am assuming (not to ruin the story), but I am assuming that they never actually ran away together. Holy Moley. No .... I don't think so. On one hand you have a very dangerous character sitting down with you for lunch who basically tells you ...."Its a one way street and after you have started down that rabbit hole I, or somebody like me, will kill you. After that ..... are you really going to run away with the beloved daughter of one of their head scientists. Nooooo , I don't think so. But here is a question for you Paul and its a good one because it goes to the real nature of the character of this group. Security issues aside (I would never want to cross them) would they have given these two lovers a chance. Some free will. Hell, this is worse than Romeo and Juliet.

grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Romeo and Juliet

Post by Victoria Steele »

Romeo and Juliet is a simple tale compare to this! I knew it was going to be heartbreaking because I could sorta see it coming and I am the one who worries about such things anyway. But I never thought that their paths would be so ... complicated ..... by ..... other ..... what did you call them ...... considerations.

And I just wonder what would have happened if my main man Morgan had stopped packing his stuff, looked Josephine right in the eye and said. I am in love with your daughter and I want to marry her? What would have happened then? another branch in the quantum tree? But no ...... he had that dream in his head, that vision that he shared with her about a life of danger and intrigue and he had it right in his grasp ...... so he hedged .... took the "If I were to ever marry ... I would marry her." So heres the romantic in me. So, maybe he let her go. But did he ever marry? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:So, maybe he let her go. But did he ever marry? Victoria
I think that question will be answered... but... not for a while.

But you're right about Romeo and Juliet. I don't think Romeo ever got involved in the Montague's spy ring, nor was Mr. Capulet much of an inventor...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Trickfox
The Magician

Being different is difficult.

Post by Trickfox »

Let me begin by sending an appology to Grinder. I did loose my cool for a second when I blasted back in defense of my position. Now, let me explain my point of view in a more comprehensible fashion.

I am a different person than most anyone around me.
I am ALONE.
I have no familly, no children, no lovers, no parents, and I hardly ever speak to my siblings.
I have no job, no income, no savings, no credit, no history, no schooling and no proffesional recognition of my scientific skills.
I have no responsabilities, no liabilities, and no comittments.
I have ONLY my mind and my wits and HOPE.
If ever I loose one of those three possessions then the trickfox will be no more.

Right now, by my own recogning, I have a grasp on what I call a subjective reality. This is my most valued possession. I am proud to declare that I have never seen or experienced anything "SUPERNATURAL" as it is commonly described. No saucers, no little green men, no psychokinetics, no ESP, and so on. Everything in my mind is stable and logical except for one thing.
"The UNKNOWN".

I just cannot handle "scientific unknowns". It is an obsession which has overwhealmed every aspect of my life. Everyone in this forum should recognize plainly what my personnal agenda is. I want to resolve scientific unknowns. I don't necessarilly want to build a financial empire, but I'm aware such is possible when great scientific unknowns are solved. Perhaps in the end the whole scientific process of "reality" simply boils down to a single beautiful equation.

Perhaps I am within reach of this equation, and perhaps I am self deluding and wishful, but you see I live in my HEAD, and it's just like a black hole in there. Right now things are just getting sucked in at high speeds. Every now and then I manage to push out what I believe are answers or solutions, but I have noticed that very few people actually dare to contradict me or point out what I've missed in the details.

I suppose I am self confident enough to convince some of you that I know what I'm talking about, but I wish to be more honest at the moment, and so I wish to say that in reality; I believe I know what I'm talking about. In other words I have faith in myself and my evaluations, but I also rely upon all of you to help temper my bold attitude and to tell me when I do cross the line into self delusion and egotism.

To this end I offer my apology to Grinder and I submit my humble thanks for daring to challenge my observations. Next time I will do a double take before charching back in anger.

Now back to a more serious part of the book. I was fascinated with this line from Paul's book
[quote]“You will be offered an opportunity,â€
Last edited by Trickfox on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

apologies not needed

Post by grinder »

Mr. Trickfox ..........your response was.... .... perhaps the most stunning piece of truth on paper that I have ever read. If I had ANTHING to do with instigating that declaration I am an honored man.

Give me some moments to study everything that you have said. You are something man. Proud to know you. grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Daring to think

Post by twigsnapper »

Mr. Trickfox,

I hope you don't mind the Mr. in front of your name. I just happen to think that you just earned it.

For your consideration. Some Rules that I have through the years become aware of.

1) If you are told something that is considered a secret. It goes no further.
2} If you become aware of someone who might uncover that same secret on his/her own ..... then your mission is to help them do it.

Is that a suprise to you? Did you think that I would say ..."then figure out who it is and take him out into the desert and lose him." No. WE don't work that way. Make note here that I said WE don't work that way. There are others that do, make no mistake.

But when you automatically assume that would be the situation in all cases (tape over your mouth etc) you just don't have enough information yet. Your friend is where he is because he made other mistakes and now he is paying for it and he knows this.

Now here is the problem that I think you have already noted

Perhaps the person with his hand on the gate, ready to walk to the other side, is not actually as ready as he thinks he is. What to do then? He has found something but does he realize all of the implications of that thing that he has found. Is he going to be responsible with that information?

And as you said, you can know things, perhaps, and be out there by yourself and ultimately where will that take you?. A person sitting with cave men at their fireside would be better served learning from them how to hunt rather than trying to explain to them how a radio might work. Timing is everything my friend, everything. Twigsnapper
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

absolutely agree Mr. Trickfox

Post by Victoria Steele »

I absolutely agree with you Mr. Trickfox on much of what you have said.

And you have a companion here mentally, though I think you still have the capability of leaving my face in the dirt after one of your intellectual bolts. I can't always hang with you but I sure appreciate the mental ride and I hope you know that.

As to Mr. Twigsnappers remark about there being a time for everything and the recognition that if you are too far ahead of your companions .... well, its just easier sometimes to gear down, keep your thoughts to yourself , and make a happy life where you are. Speaking from experience (spending more than one evening with some Texans around a campfire ... well, you'd just better know how to talk about your favorite shotgut cause particle physics is not going to hold the crowd.)

I am encouraged though and I hope you will be too. Somehow this small group (ever expanding, I hope) seems to have been called into this endeavor. Perhaps as witnesses to this process because I think the ones of us that are the most vocal are also the most awake to the possibility of a different reality out there. Yes. We ARE DIFFERENT. And we are not the easiest to live with because our dreams and our thoughts are important to us.

I figure if you really look, you will really SEE. If you listen, you will HEAR .... and if you ask ... your questions will be answered.

Here is the tough part though Mr. Trickfox, many of us don't even know WHAT to ask. Sort of like what Paul just went through when he was asked to compile a list of questions. He was stumped momentarily. See thats our problem.... we don't know yet what we need to know .... because we don't know what we know already. Stop . Now I am dizzy. But .... am I just seeing things alone here? I don't think so. And Mr. Trickfox, I don't believe you are really alone either. Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

Harry Oakes?

Post by grinder »

Paul,

You know when I read about Morgans experience with Tolstoy, for some reason I took the warning exceptionally seriously ..... "You back out after being on the inside, and someone will kill you." Or words to that effect.

And then that other information about Tolstoy came in, thanks to you and Elizabeth and so I got off in that direction but then I ran across a local (Nassau) murder mystery. I have gotten away from the site but remember that the mans name was Sir Harry Oakes. Apparently he was found quite shot to death and the entire case just wreaks of upper level cover up. I could be wrong but would Morgan have been made aware of Harry Oakes demise .... just to make sure that he knew they were serious and meant what they said.

Now I am wondering more about Harry Oakes and what he might have been ready to talk about? Its interesting . Just google Oakes and Nassau and its one of the first things that comes up. grinder