Chapter 37 - Missing Fingers and Reliable Sources

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

OK I'm the one with pijamas here

Post by Trickfox »

Gee

I feel like I've just woken up and all of you are staring at me in my pijamas.

Cheese with holes and Flaky pie dough, what is everyone talking about?

Could this have something to do with "agendas" again???

Honestly, I feel completely out of this issue, and I'm glad.

Good night, I'm going back to sleep.
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

agendas and pjs

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Interesting mental pictures Trickfox!

And of course you are right. What we have been talking about is sort of strange .... cheese with holes in it and flakey pie crusts .... and I can understand your frustration. Goodnight! I'll call you when something more exciting happens!

Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: smart and bakes too?

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote:Andrew,

My goodness! You are a lucky man! Linda is smart and bakes too! And she cares enough about what interests you to even interrupt her vacation! Now that is a rare and unique trait.

So Linda, you said that you were interested in intelligence work when you were younger. Was it the CIA that interested you? Or another?

Twigsnapper
I don't know if any of my pies ever came out as tasty as Marie Callendar's, but I've tried. I like cakes and cookies better.

When I was younger, I was interested in the FBI, forensics (I went into the medical field later on). Now the CIA and NSA are all intriguing. I don't know if I have the mind or background for it, but it is still all very interesting. Do you know that TV show, Alias? IF I could morph myself, it would into that woman that Jennifer Garner plays.

Would you like a present too from Hawaii, Mr. Twigsnapper? I could send it to Paul to send to you !

LB
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

baking cookies

Post by twigsnapper »

Linda B.

How nice of you to think of me but no .... sending something to Paul would not be much of a help because he would have a hard time forwarding it.

I have never seen Alias. I guess that I should watch it in honor of you. Until then I am content to pick my way along the edge of Rainbow Falls. Did you notice the fellow with the cane? of course, we could have exchanged gifts then but I did not think it appropriate since Andrew was not with you. But perhaps another time? You see, old men like the warmth of the tropics too!

Twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: fascinating concept

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote: First of all, what is sidereal radiation?
I have attempted to answer that question here:

viewtopic.php?p=1699#1699

In the "science" section of the forums.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Twigsnapper,

I'm sorry I missed you as well. If that was on the big island, I think I was walking out to the lava field that day. I got within 15 feet or so of the lava oozing up, and for a geologist, that's almost like finding gold (almost).

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Warm Tropics and gift exchange

twigsnapper wrote:Linda B.

...Until then I am content to pick my way along the edge of Rainbow Falls. Did you notice the fellow with the cane? of course, we could have exchanged gifts then but I did not think it appropriate since Andrew was not with you. But perhaps another time? You see, old men like the warmth of the tropics too!

Twigsnapper
...Old man? huh? The only fellow with a cane did not look that old to me...
I don't know what to make of that... you... here? Give me a sign next time... like a wink :wink:

We have two more days in the tropics and then back to the same ol' grind. I miss my family though. It will be good to go home.

This is for both Twigsnapper and Paul:
I actually had a dream about the meeting between Count Illya and Morgan that Paul wrote about in this chapter. If I dream it again, I"ll make sure I keep track of what's being said. Maybe I can extract more information for Paul to ponder.

Until we go home, COWABUNGA, dudes! THE Big Kahuna says 'bye' also.
Linda
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

seeing canes

Post by twigsnapper »

LindaB,

My, my ...... a wink! By George! Naybe I've still got it!

Thank you my dear. You have started my day off on a good note.

You were not looking for canes. If you had been looking for canes perhaps you would nave seen me.

I am not sure that the fellow with the cane was me or not. What did you see? Why did that person strike you as "different"? What was it that you were looking for? and what did you expect?

Paul will be familiar with the intricacies of the subject matter, You don't see what you are not looking for, and thats how people like me get away with never being seen ... or if seen, rarely recognized.

Someday he and I will be able to stand in a crowded restaurant again, with the murmmer of others all around and toast to special men and women, those canemasters who go unseen.

A wink. I got a wink! Thankyou Linda! Twigsnapper
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Swiss Cheese, Canes, Pies, and the Whole Enchilada

twigsnapper wrote:LindaB,

My, my ...... a wink! By George! Naybe I've still got it!

Thank you my dear. You have started my day off on a good note.
That made me smile.
twigsnapper wrote:You were not looking for canes. If you had been looking for canes perhaps you would nave seen me.

I am not sure that the fellow with the cane was me or not. What did you see? Why did that person strike you as "different"? What was it that you were looking for? and what did you expect?
No I was not looking for canes. The fellow I saw did not appear to need a cane, and was a young 70ish peppered hair fellow; I at first thought he had a limp, but then it didn't look real. Probably not you.
twigsnapper wrote: Paul will be familiar with the intricacies of the subject matter, You don't see what you are not looking for, and thats how people like me get away with never being seen ... or if seen, rarely recognized.

Someday he and I will be able to stand in a crowded restaurant again, with the murmmer of others all around and toast to special men and women, those canemasters who go unseen.
And that brings me back to the swiss cheese analogy. Paul, I think Mark was a bit harsh on you when he wrote his first post in this forum, but I can understand where he is coming from. And then again what you have is priceless. You have gone to depths that no other author has yet on this topic, not just of Brown, but the hidden things behind the work he did for whatever secret society he worked with. (or Societies).

All my best,
Linda
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Swiss Cheese, Canes, Pies, and the Whole Enchilada

Post by Paul S. »

LBolland wrote:And that brings me back to the swiss cheese analogy. Paul, I think Mark was a bit harsh on you when he wrote his first post in this forum, but I can understand where he is coming from. And then again what you have is priceless. You have gone to depths that no other author has yet on this topic, not just of Brown, but the hidden things behind the work he did for whatever secret society he worked with. (or Societies).
Oh, Mark and I are way past that one.

And you're right of course, what I have is priceless, and it's my choice whether I focus on the cheese or the holes.

I just think that if, after every morsel of good info I get, I don't say, "great.... what else?" I would not be doing my job. I just hope that comes of as persistent and not ungrateful.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

not a problem

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,

I am alot like you. For every bit of good I get I always hope that whatever force it was that sent it in my direction understands that I am entirely appreciative, even though I am likely to respond," So NOW what?"

I had a friend whose response was always (when I came screaming down those halls, well, maybe no one else was seeing any screaming but I was well into doing it , and when presented with the urgent situation ) Sometimes he would stare at me as if I had gone off somewhere and simply say "thats not my problem". End of discussion.

Which translated precisely, knowing him, meant directly that. It wasn't REALLY HIS PROBLEM. It was a responsibility belonging to someone else. It was that persons ultimate problem and I wasn't doing my job by coming to him insted of THAT particular person. So picking up my singed tailfeathers from the floor I would head off in the proper direction.

You see, I KNEW that he would have the solution to it , and it was just easier on my part to go clicking hurriedly down the halls in his direction. When all the time, I should have been leaning on someone else to do what they were trained to do, if I just trusted them enough to do their job.

And what good would an important job be, if someone upstairs was always doing it for you? Twigsnapper
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

not about the horse

Post by Victoria Steele »

You guys are going to think I am nuts but I suddenly drew a parallel between what you are saying here and a couple of hundred things in my life, most recently watching the exchange between Marks daughter and Linda Brown.

Its not about the horse. Thats what this entire lesson is all about , right Linda? I see that.

In Lisas situation. If her Dad had sent the horse to a trainer ... sent it directy maybe to an expert who could change the horses attitude .... that would have been like Mr. Twigsnappers friend giving him the answer. Right then. Am I following you?

But what about Lisa? Shes the one that loves that horse, shes the one that needs to learn how to deal with it. Its her job and if her Dad had short circuited the process she would not have been given the joy of doing a job well and learning from it. So, in her case .... its not about the horse.

And you Paul. Don't you see? It not about the book either! I know that its been your responsibility to pound on the doors of those that have information and apparently you have done a damned good job. But above all of that, do you realize? Ulitmately this whole situation HAS NOT BEEN ABOUT THE BOOK. BUT ABOUT YOU.

I see that with all of us. Thats why this book says something so radically different. It says that each of us can see what we need to see when our eyes are open. We don't need a third authority to "do" things for us. We can get there ourselves.

Anybody else out there understand what the heck I am talking about? Its not about the horse, its not about the book .... its about US. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: not a problem

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Paul, I am alot like you. For every bit of good I get I always hope that whatever force it was that sent it in my direction understands that I am entirely appreciative, even though I am likely to respond," So NOW what?"
"LOL" (Laughing On Line or Out Loud) as they say here in virtual world.
You see, I KNEW that he would have the solution to it , and it was just easier on my part to go clicking hurriedly down the halls in his direction. When all the time, I should have been leaning on someone else to do what they were trained to do, if I just trusted them enough to do their job.
I won't belabor your point, other than to say "point taken."

Sometimes you just have to do the "work."

Thanks, Mr. T.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: not about the horse

Post by Paul S. »

Great post, Victoria...

quote="Victoria Steele"]And you Paul. Don't you see? It not about the book either! I know that its been your responsibility to pound on the doors of those that have information and apparently you have done a damned good job. But above all of that, do you realize? Ulitmately this whole situation HAS NOT BEEN ABOUT THE BOOK. BUT ABOUT YOU.[/quote]

Yes, I see that, although some realizations I do arrive at kicking and screaming.

However, while that ultimately may be "the point" to all this, I still feel it is important to keep that more or less in the background (the "Notes from the Rabbit Hole") and let Dr. Brown's story take front and center... at least, until we get in to the later chapters.
Anybody else out there understand what the heck I am talking about? Its not about the horse, its not about the book .... its about US.
Paraphrasing:

"It's not about the horse, it's about the rider;

It's not about the book, it's about the reader."

I can see how valuable Lisa's contribution has been.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Trickfox
The Magician

In my pijamas again

Post by Trickfox »

Hey, was everybody hidding from me in here?

This is the only part ofthe forum I never seam to look at for some reason. I guess there is something about the tittle of this forum that does not appear to apply to my bubble of reality.

Now that I just got pointed into here, I will ad the fact that I also agree that the whole issue is about Paul's capability to shake thre tree of the knowledge (of good and evil).

Paul you are familiar with past events, you know that it looks like some people are taking the circular strairs slowly down into the rabbit hole. Some of us don't see any of the last few steps yet, others allready know the whole strairway well and are waiting at the bottom steps.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com