MEETING DR. BROWN

The website is all about his life and work; here, let us focus on defining and celebrating his outstanding personal qualities.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Now this is interesting

Post by Victoria Steele »

Raymond, Neenie, Elizabeth, PAUL

Ok SOMEBODY answer this one. Linda is living on Catalina with Dr. Brown and Josephine, sharing that little quonset hut with her husband and daughter, right?...... and she didn't know that Morgan was on the other end meeting her father? PAUL ...YA GOTTA RESPOND TO THIS ONE PLEASE ...... she didn't know that Morgan and her father were working together? HUH? I know that alot of things can happen between umm 1964 and 1985 but for her not to know that Dr. Brown was going to be met by her first love ... Now I want to hear that story. NOW I am going to bug ya. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: working til the end

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Paul wrote .........

"With that Linda let her Father go, but she would spend the rest of her life wondering what was in those papers, that was so important .... and so confidential .... that he had to hand deliver them. And she would wonder just who they had to be delivered to. Nearly two decades would pass before she would get so much as a clue."...........
Wow, that sounds for a great premise for a book...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

great premise

No kidding, Paul. No kidding.

Remember I told you a long time ago that you had to be careful not to just relate the pure science of this story because (I admitted) as much as I love science I know that it bores most people half to death. Even the dedicated nerds like me can glaze over and fall off their chairs. BUT a LOVE STORY. Everyone understands that. EVERYONE.

DAMN ... so I guess that translates "Ya gotta read the book" huh.

Monday, Tuesday ... Weds ...... Thursday .... right? Counting down?

Hey, I'm right here! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: great premise

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:as much as I love science I know that it bores most people half to death. Even the dedicated nerds like me can glaze over and fall off their chairs. BUT a LOVE STORY. Everyone understands that. EVERYONE.
The trick is to keep the science at a minimum, but make it clear enough -- an simple enough -- that it provides a valid background to the rest of the story. I suppose it would help if I understood it better myself, but, on the other hand, my level of understanding is probably more consistent with that of general readership, so in that respect I am sort of their representative, trying to understand it at the same time they are...
Monday, Tuesday ... Weds ...... Thursday .... right? Counting down?
God... the pressure!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Science Boring ?

Post by Chris Knight »

What? Science boring ? I...Wait, let me check my calculations...

Ahhh, I see. There is a 83% probability that by "science," you actually meant "fishing," or possibly "watching grass grow."

That's OK. A simple error... :)

Andrew
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Science is only boring when you "forced" to learn it using traditional educative structures. :roll:

When a flying saucer lands next to you and you run up to it to Investigate the science of this new phenomena, I assure you that it is not boring at all. :shock:

I guess it really depends on what it is in life that excites you. :wink:

I blew up a lot of rockets in my youth, and I admit that I had a lot of failures. In fact I never did find the correct formula for chemical rocket propulsion. :?

I sure had a lot of fun trying to get one of them to fly however. :twisted:

Scared a bunch of people too. :D

Ha ha ha. :lol:

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

don't get insulted! <g>

Gee guys.

You guys get so defensive about your love of science! I love it too! But you have to admit TO ALOT OF PEOPLE having to read about somebody elses mad passion, especially when they can't even understand some of the words we like to use gets ... boring.

Few out there know what a thrill it is to have a brand new thought and then see it proved out. You can barely breathe with the excitement. But then ... it gets turned into a paper with a very long name , and others rip it up one side and down the other and eventually it gets turned into a chapter in a text book and by then all the passion and excitement is pretty much gone. Thats what puts people to sleep. OK. THATS what I meant.

Are you all better now? Are the feathers smoothed? Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Defensive? No. I know what you mean, though.

I am only teasing - I never get defensive about science - only bad science. 8)

Andrew
Trickfox
The Magician

BIG SCIENCE

Post by Trickfox »

Chris Knight wrote:Defensive? No. I know what you mean, though.

I am only teasing - I never get defensive about science - only bad science. 8)

Andrew
Now there is where you and I agree the most Andrew. I think Everyone in this forum feels exactly this way.

Too much of the UFO phenomena, crop circle and other popular new age science is outright FRAUD, or an atempt to understand REAL science by identifying the correct quantitative and qualitative values using the wrong terms.

People will say: "I'm operating in a Higher dimension, -like I'm in the fourth dimension man" - by saying such nonesense one assumes that we don't understand what the fourth dimension is. The truth is that TIME is already identifed as the "fourth dimension". Furthermore, -and to the surprize of everyone-, Entropy is the fifth dimension. Then there are more... -like the dimension of Chirality. (that's a good one)

When you start to understand this stuff called "REAL science" you begin to see what real BAD science it like, and you get more sensitive to it.
It's disgusting, -like the fool at a UFO conference booth who irradiated his poor victims with X-ray for 10 dollars a pop. He did it with his home made "HEALING MACHINE".

If you try and keep an open mind, you can still challenge popular notions and accepted laws of physics. You can challenge asymmptotic limits and discover stochastic patterns. You can transform reality by duplicating such patterns mathematically at the nanoscale and you can manipulate energy and understand LIFE in a whole new way.

It will "rock your world" to begin understanding the possibility that reality is just the manipulation of "life" energy in a holographic nature. Its a projection of an idealism that fractures into multiple realities. "Link theory" is the possibility of following a natural synchronicity which is allready present and here to help life pursue towards it's destiny.

Let's take this further, Paul's next chapter is not ready so let me fill in with the stuff Elizabeth wanted me to talk about on the "Hilbert hotel". :twisted:

OK, The Hilbert hotel is: "A WAY OF DOING THINGS".

That is the simplest and best way to describe it. Now I'm also going to say that the hilbert hotel is "a construct" in dimensional expansion.

Supposing you had to keep track of a small hollow "pea shaped object" that's just heavy enough to slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean.

You navigate out in the middle of the pacific ocean and you drop the pea right in the middle.

How far down, and, -in which direction will the pea object be in two days?

To find out "in theory", you would have to know the postion and alignment of every molecule of water and other substances near the pea object for a conic section below the surface where you dropped the pea object.

The conic section would register every "variable" like "currents","salinity" and of course "compass :arrow: direction" into it's calculations. :wink:

That would be a HUGE amount of data to store and examine to determine where exactly is the pea object at any point in it's journey towards the bottom of the ocean. :(

The practical way to see where the pea object will go, -is to use a satellite and a subminiaturised geolocation tracking transponder INSIDE the pea object.

That way the satellite can receive real time "dead recognition" information from the pea object's latitude, longitude and depth -as it slowly sinks down and gets tossed around by currents and such.

In other words; the satellite above will see it sink down following a squiggly line that moves all over -depending upon depth. It does have a specific pattern in it however.

Now keep this vision in mind as I explain the Hilbert hotel. That squiggly line is just the "random path" of a slowly sinking pea shaped object.

We can now recognize or identify a stochastic patern (the squiggly line) in three dimensional space as it slowly moves towards the bottom (showing you the fourth dimension).

Supposing we build a hotel in outer space by blowing up an inflatable bubble shaped rooms in a half second or so, and we do it from room to room following this squiggly line pattern away into empty space from a geo-stationary space station.

We do this because we have the privilege of working inside each bubble without having to do space walks because those procedures are dangerous anyway.

Now we start to accept guests on condition that they have to change rooms every day at 12:00 noon and pass the rent over from room to room as they move in.

Now this Hilbert hotel, it's like Hotel California, you check in but you never leave, you just create another room towards empty space as you move further outward into space. you will end up going out into space in a squiggly line much the same as the one I mentioned ealier.

So to sum this scenario up: Every new guest in Hilberts hotel just moves into the last guest's room as that guest creates himself a new room out into empty space and passes his rent back. On and on into space.

HOW MANY GUESTS CAN BE CHECKED INTO HILBERT'S HOTEL?

Does it have a structure?

if so, what do we call it? - "stochastic" perhaps.

Then there are the practical aspects of it.

Does it make money? is it easy?

Is it beautiful?

Now Hilbert space is just such a construct towards infinity. It is a way of organizing and identifying infinite constructs which have a random yet natural entropy flow which is economical and easy to implement build and keep track of.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Huge amounts of information

Post by Martin Calloway »

Trickfox,

I am impressed by the clarity of your "hotel" and I am sure others will have much to say. I just have a moment right now, be back to you soon with more but my question now is ........ There is so much information tht has to be kept track of .... isn't this whole concept limited by our inability to compute all of that? At the moment anyway. So we are still pretty much limited to understanding just a few rooms? Just the few feet of the ocean as the "pea" sinks beneath the surface?

I have heard alot of talk about quantum computers. New stuff that is able to keep track of many, many channels .... can you comment on them? I keep running into conversations that talk about those new computers but I have to admit, I really don't understand. Anybody out there able to give as precise an analogy as Trickfoxs hotel? Back soon with more huh questions. Martin
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cheking in to a quantum hotel

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thank you so much Trickfox for presenting such a careful and clearly drawn project for all of us to think about .... its going to offer us all a rich discussion ground and I realized suddenly that it deserves its own category. Its own post. How about "Quantum Hotel?" If I put that up there will that be alright? then we can all jump over into THAT pool when we want to talk about all this neat stuff.

It is connected to "meeting Dr. Brown" in the respect that I think we will be getting to know better the life that he was thinking about and perhaps even living, but this subject is so huge and so interesting ... and Trickfox has gotten us off to such a wonderful start!

Paul? If I just go ahead and put that up? Will that be alright? Ifn you don't like it ... I am sure you can make an alternate situation.

New discussion is here:

viewtopic.php?t=135

So, with that thought ... Trickfox and others interested in continuing this wonderful discussion , the "Quantum Hotel" will soon be up! Make that quantum leap with me! I am sure that the waters fine! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: cheking in to a quantum hotel

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Paul? If I just go ahead and put that up? Will that be alright? Ifn you don't like it ... I am sure you can make an alternate situation.
That's fine, Elizabeth, I just put in a link to this new discussion in your post, and here's another in case anybody misses it:

"Quantum Hotel":

viewtopic.php?t=135

I hope to have something to contribute when I've had a chance to digest Trickfox's post -- and get some of my own work done so Victoria won'd be disappointed come Thursday... :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

satellite navigation and subs

Sometimes in our research we run across corresponding "threads" and I want to point one out.

We have been looking and looking for the sub that may have been the one who came into Avalon Harbor in the seventies.Linda Brown even called old friends on the Island who might have remembered that incident. Even the Harbormaster. Course thirty years have past and the Harbormaster now was most likely a little kid then and some of the older folks who might remember that are difficult to find. She spread the word though with the good folks of Catalina and we all hope that someone will respond eventually with information, first hand, about that sub.

While we wait. Note that there is a "thread " here between submarines and satellites. Trickfox mentioned it recently in the "trail of the pea" underwater..... which led into his discussion of the "Quantum Hotel" ...

but lets all stay on Catalina for a moment folks. Avalon Harbor .... the mid seventies .... the arrival of a submarine that Dr. Brown announces to his daughter is the "record holder for deep dives" ... A contingent from that sub takes a "unit" from Dr. Brown on a "test run" and then returns it to him.

Anybody want to venture a guess as to what is going on here? And back to the question ... How does a "civilian" get the "pull" to warrent the use of a US submarine?

Paul is working on the answers to that folks. Steady Victoria ... Thursdays almost here! Elizabeth
Neenie
Space Cadet

Pea in the Ocean

Post by Neenie »

Hi Trickfox, Since I am probably the least scientific of the bunch, the only thought that comes up about the pea story - What if a fish eats it? Neenie
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

what if?

Neenie!

I am laughing out loud and off my chair here! Thank you so much for your comment! You are a VERY,VERY,VERY wise woman!
Still laughing. I love it. Elizabeth