Bahnson Lab Footage on YouTube

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

remember guys

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Remember guys that the person taking the film documentary was the young daughter of Agnew Bahnson, not a professional bent on showing anything technical regarding the work going on. She entitled the movie " Daddys Lab" (or something similar) and so the personal interactions were what she was really after. The smiles and the celebration. As I recall her younger brother shows up and hams it up in front of the camera a bit in the original but I am sure that was edited out for the YouTube presentation. The original jumped around quite a bit too and was put together rather strangely.

But I am still happy that it is out there. No professional presentation or filming would have been allowed I think. Because it was a family thing and it was Agnew Bahnsons daughter the whole thing sort of went under everybodys radar. My two cents worth and an explanation I hope for the way it was filmed. Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

Thats odd

Post by grinder »

Elizabeth,

I didn't know the origin of that film but if it was filmed by his daughter as you said that really does explain the focus on the activities. The calendar thing was a puzzle to me but I guess they just used it to mark time between experiments.

Certainly there must have been a more technical movie of such an important test? Surely there was? and if so I wonder where it is?

Elizabeth, do you know if Bahnsons daughter worked in her Dads lab like Townsend Browns daughter did? It just seems sort of strange that she would be there in the first place, as I am sure that probably some people thought it was strange that Dr. Browns daughter accompanied him ? Or when Linda Brown was doing that, did people even realize that they were related? grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I still consider the moment the bottle was placed at the side of the vacuum device is the most important, watch the contents of the bottle, they are held in the field outside the chamber, until Dr Brown lifts the bottle and breaks the connection, it makes him laugh.
It makes him laugh is important also, you feel happy when you are light, when the frequencies are raised around you.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

was it edited?

So, as far as Paul and I are concerned, one of the most important "clues" in that Bahnson tape was the odd inclusion of what LOOKS like a simple and ordinary shortwave radio of the time. In the original film Dr. Brown is shown reaching to adjust it.

Did that part make the YouTube version? You see, to others on the outside, that little scene may not have seemed important enough to keep in there. But to us its sort of the typical way that Dr. Brown would leave "clues" behind for us to eventually find. Hiding them, " In plain sight"

According to our sources that little shortwave radio was at Townsend Browns side for years. Where is it now? We don't know. Elizabeth
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: was it edited?

Post by ETernalightwithin »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Hiding them, " In plain sight"
Elizabeth
That's what my Grandpa would always tell me. He was in the airforce. Flew those b-22 bombers. Was shot down, got capture as a POW and managed to walk right out of the POW camp. Right under their noses.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Uncut, unedited version

Post by Radomir »

Paul, if you do in fact have the uncut version, would you be willing to print some DVD copies of that for the group for those who are interested--if we collectively foot the bill? Given what EHD has posted above, it might be important for us to sift through the full-length version together to see if we find any clues "hidden in plain sight?"

Thanks for considering the idea.

Elizabeth, I'll go back and watch the youtube version again, but I don't think I saw any footage that included a shortwave radio. Likely it was edited out. Almost all the footage concentrates on that vacuum chamber and the activity around it.

R.
grinder
Senior Officer

missing years

Post by grinder »

And not to complicate the discussion but I had the thought too while I was looking over that section at Andrews site that mentions Dr. Browns lab notebooks and the statement that " no notes were taken from Oct 1958 to September of 1967. I think that was the time frame. If Bahnsons daughter hadn't taken those pictures would ANYONE have even known in the open that he was even in North Carolina at all????

So Elizabeth mentioned a while ago that he had left the Bahnson Lab in October of 1958. Did I read that right. Which means that he " stopped taking notes for NINE YEARS? YEAH, RIGHT)

There had to be something really big and really under wraps coming down for him to leave like that and to not admit to taking notes. Everybody agrees with me I think that he MUST HAVE kept some notes somewhere, He didn't stop his scientific work. So, another mystery to try to unravel. Where did these "mystery " notebooks go, assuming that he didn't actually stop writing and that they do exist in the first place.

I am still getting sort of boggled when I think of how many times they moved. So Paul, how long were they in North Carolina. I'll bet it was just months. Wanna bet? grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: missing years

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:Where did these "mystery " notebooks go, assuming that he didn't actually stop writing and that they do exist in the first place.
Ask Morgan.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

asking Morgan

Post by grinder »

I sort of have a feeling thats what we are all doing really, isn't it. Asking Morgan through Paul. ( who else would have been in the right place and the right time to hear about how Morgan was introduced into the Townsend Brown effort? Who else could have ever . I get the impression that Paul was hand picked. So, Morgan, did you do that? Someone else?)

I mean. read those chapters about his experiences with Linda and with Dr. Brown, sailing on Biscayne Bay. Morgan really poured his soul out to Paul, I think. I doubt that anyone has ever gotten that from him. I reread all of that again last night (Chapter 32 I think) and it was REALLY touching and typical of the kinds of thoughts that go through any guys mind at that age. Especially when they find a girl they might be falling in love with. Victoria said that he " went to dogpaddling because he was in over his head and I REALLY like that image! And Paul must have too because he came back and said that she had really captured the situation.

There remain questions of course, questions, boy do I have a few more questions of Morgan! (As I think you can already guess Mikado. All having to do with a folded flag on my mantle.) But since all of that is MAYBE later in the story Paul is telling I think I will just wait and see what comes up.

yes, Morgan would be the man to question. I wouldn't hold my breath though waiting for his answers. I think thats been pretty well established. The guy operates on his own rules. But maybe we could devise questions of him and ask anyway? One question I have of him right now because I have never understood, Why St. Bart Island? Paul might understand the question and if he doesn't thats OK too.

Through Pauls chapters though I feel like I have gotten to know Morgan in a way that would NEVER have been possible otherwise. I really appreciate that.

So Morgan, sir, Where are the notebooks? And what else are you holding in safekeeping?

grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: asking Morgan

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote: So Morgan, sir, Where are the notebooks? And what else are you holding in safekeeping?

grinder
Perhaps a certain piece of equipment,.......yeah...a piece of equipment.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

throwing into high gear

Post by Victoria Steele »

Following these two threads is really interesting, difficult sometimes. But interesting. It keeps you off balance, which I think is Paul plan all along.

This missing radio. Thats interesting. When did he first start using it and when did it disappear. Someone said that it was his " constant companion" and that it was significantly altered from the common shortwave radio that it seemed to be. So obviously such a piece is important historically too. That is .... if you are allowing the history of it all to be told. If its "not time" yet then what happens to the radio? Morgan "keeps it safe"? Is that the deal? Yes, I sort of think so.

And I remember the comment about the radio in Vegas. I was wondering. Are there any other pictures of it that maybe you can share with us Paul? Just so we can picture it better in our minds. Mikado says that he sometimes is helped if he "sees a place" in person. I think he was speaking of Ashlawn when he said that and I agree, there is something special that happens when you can actually look at an article or place that had some importance. I guess thats the fascination with museums too. Maybe we don't realize it but maybe we are picking up more from those articles than just the sight of them. Odd thought.

So Paul. Are you back. You left us in a muddly lurch! I wanna go back! I like this ORiley guy! And my admiration for Dr. Brown has increased if that is possible. Whatever he was after had to be danged important for him to go so far and risk so much! More? When? Thursday? Before? You said the second chapter was ALMOST ready. Oh Boy.

I'm OK with staying on this part right now because I just know that the next segment regarding Linda and Morgan ) summer of 1966 in Philadelphia? I am assuming from all that has been inferred so far .... is going to be, heartbreaking. I can wait on that! Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

A view

Post by Mikado14 »

I thought that I would spend a little time looking at the video:

The numbers refer to the reference time,

4:33 - View of the front controls of the Vacuum chamber
4:22 - Dr. Brown seen wearing a leather jacket setting up some equipment
4:10 - Two men standing in front of the Vacuum chamber viewing equipment and the front of the Vacuum controls are seen again
4:06 - The title claims this to be HV equipment but is an assumption for only a side view is seen
3:59 - Appears to be a triarc (early) in chamber
3:57 - The man appears be Mr. DeWitt
3:56 - Appears to be another disc
3:50 - DeWitt and Bahnson
3:47 - This view is a different test setup as appears back at 4:20
3:43 - Calendar showing 9/9
3:39 - Dr Brown with ?
3:35 - And yet another disc
3:15 - An original disc ( original from where?). Notice the compound curve and the outer ring
3:03 - Dr. Brown is wearing a checkered shirt with yet another apparatus
2:45 - Dr. Brown (with checkered shirt with lab coat on) and DeWitt
2:31 - A view of an appartus disassembled
2:27 - Setting up the disc as seen at 3:59
2:25 - This is either a double exposure or a reflection of who filmed the movie....and it is not a little girl.
2:07 - A clear shot of Dr Brown's missing finger and he appears to be not wearing the checkered shirt, also, a different setup with a new apparatus.
2:05 thru 1:52 - Montage of different setups
1:35 - Definately a view of a setup for testing downward thrust
1:33 - Dr. Brown shown cleaning the Vacuum seal
1:22 - And yet another setup (note the standoffs for delivering the potential)
1:14 - Dr Brown wearing a white shirt and tie under his lab coat

Apparently, the views are over many different days. I further believe upon looking at the equipment and the various apparatus under test is that what the video claims and what it shows are two different things.

Viewing the original, in the order it was filmed and in it's entirety would perhaps answer some questions.

But here are some, if this is 1958, where is the Adamski ship? Why wouldn't something as important as that not be filmed? Wasn't the effect established in a vacuum previously? and in France? What about the demonstration for the Navy in Hawaii? Do you really believe that a man such as Dr. Brown took until 1958 tp prove the Biefeld-Brown effect in a vacuum? And what about the reflection at time frame 2:25?

I will conclude this by saying that what Dr. Brown was doing was not proving the effect in vacuum, he was doing something different. I'm out on limb on this but it is from what I can see and something else behind my belt.

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

remember

Remember Mikado.

This is a highly edited version of the entire film. I don't know exactly who did the editing or why they chose these particular sections to include.

In the other parts of the film I definitely remember seeing, at least the adamski Saucer featured prominently on the blackboard behind the principals. And of course the part of him reaching for the little shortwave radio must have made no sense at all to the person doing the editing so it was probably the first thing cut.

I am sure that all this can be worked out but I am curious Mikado, what are you thinking/feeling about this? Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: remember

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Remember Mikado.

This is a highly edited version of the entire film. I don't know exactly who did the editing or why they chose these particular sections to include.
Highly is a good choice of word or would selective be more apropos?
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: In the other parts of the film I definitely remember seeing, at least the adamski Saucer featured prominently on the blackboard behind the principals. And of course the part of him reaching for the little shortwave radio must have made no sense at all to the person doing the editing so it was probably the first thing cut.
As I read the above part I must ask "Why edit out the Adamski ship? Wouldn't that help to prove what the person editing wants to prove?"

And the radio....yes. I know that if I wanted to banter an idea, I might be willing to call ...say...Canada...at peak hours!

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: I am sure that all this can be worked out but I am curious Mikado, what are you thinking/feeling about this? Elizabeth
If you have the chance to view the video, there is a blackboard view at 2:29. The view is a little more than just proving the Biefeld-Brown effect in a vacuum. As to what I am feeling....well my dear Elizabeth, I'll assume your not asking how my cold is going but I will say this, can anyone here truly believe that by the year 1958 that Dr. Brown was just getting around to proving the effect in a vacuum? If you do, I have some beach front property in Arizona and a mountain chalet in Florida and both are for sale.

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

just getting around

Mikado,

I agree with you.

I doubt seriously that Dr. Brown was "Just getting around" to proving all of this at the Bahnson Lab. More than likely I think he was being the " Johnny Appleseed" that we have seen him be before. ( or actually ....... later ...... in this case....... just demonstrating the point that I am trying to make. Remember Mr. Lees story about how he gave Dr. Brown some " space " to "tinker" with this thing Dr. Brown called " rock electricity" while Mr. Lees group were working on a technology that Dr. Brown had brought to them. Through his diligent efforts Mr. Lee managed to gt a contract later with Sharper Image and the "Ionic Breeze" was up and running. Of course Dr. Brown was never mentioned in all of that. But frankly, I don't think Dr. Brown gave a rip. He basically handed off the technology with the statement " If you can control the ozone output you might really have something here." Which is funny when I look back on it because ozone production was the one thing that got the "Ionic Breeze" in eventual trouble with its buyers. But thats another story.

Point I am making is that whatever was ALLOWED OUT was something that Dr. Brown was prepared to "hand off". By October of 1958 he was long gone from the Bahnson camp. I notice that J Frank King obtained a patent on some of the work that was done there and they seemed to try to continue with the work after Dr. Browns departure. Andrew has some of the Bahnson lab notes available and our impression is that after Brown left the entire lab sort of "lost direction". Ultimately Mr. Bahnson died in a tragic plane crash and nothing much more ever came of the work that was accomplished there under his direction. Its wonderful actually that the " Daddys Lab" film exists at all.

So whatever was really happening there has not reached the surface yet. Perhaps we will be able to see it all once Paul is able to write what he knows about those various moves Dr. Brown was making so suddenly.

No one has ever been able to do that (track his footsteps so carefully and with any understnding) and frankly I think thats the key to everything. Just getting to know the Townsend Brown story better will open other peoples eyes to what the possibilities were and then all of the sudden hidden facts will break loose and come to the surface of our awareness. Just my thoughts.

Is your cold better? I think everyone I know has suffered through this traditional spring cold thing. OK now! Done with that I hope! Elizabeth