NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Trickfox »

Mark is right Bill
It goes the same for this explanation of ZPF (from your source Mr. Skyfish)
Zero-Point Field
The Zero-Point Field (ZPF) is said to exist in a vacuum -- what is commonly thought of as empty space -- at a temperature of absolute zero (where all thermal radiation is absent; a condition obtained when reaching a temperature of absolute zero on the Kelvin scale). The background energy of the vacuum serves as the reference, or zero point, for all processes. Theoretical considerations indicate the ZPF should be a background sea of electromagnetic radiation that is both uniform and isotropic (the same in all directions).

The uniform and isotropic nature of the ZPF is important, and explains why it is not readily observed. Fundamentally, the lack of asymmetry of the ZPF prevents its easy identification, just as a fish being absolutely still in a sea of constant temperature and pressure water is unable to detect the water itself.
How can you have a FIELD without tensors and vectors? There is no electromagnetism in a so called ZPF.... because there is no magnetic field or electric field tensors.
OOPS ...My mistake.....
OK.... I see now. This is something I found in Wiki...
A related term is zero-point field, which is the lowest energy state of a field; i.e. its ground state, which is non-zero.[3]
I see now.... ZPF is RELATED to ZPE, and the field itself is the background radiation which is demonstrated in the cosmological constant. The COBE satellite photo shows the intensity of this field everywhere except for the thick part of our milky way galaxy which hides the radiation comming from elswhere.

trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

It's very nice to have you with us, again, Trickfox. I only wish you could come out and play in the desert as well.

I don't have anything more to say about the AM miscommunications, but LOL at the magazines!

I thought I would pass on these links:

This is a copy of an archived chat with John Titor, the averred time traveler who was active on the net in 2000. In part of it he tries to explain about a time machine as actually being a gravity distortion machine. He also talks about discoveries at CERN that were yet to come.
http://www.johntitor.com/Pages/ChatLog01.htm

And this is an audio recording of Cliff High, summarizing web bot linquisics reports for the near future.
http://www.journeyswithrebecca.com/audio_2008.htm

Enjoy!

In the things that make me go hmmmm department: All WWII submarines were members of the "Gato" class, first introduced in 1941.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Griffin
Senior Officer

windows

Post by Griffin »

AM-

Be careful not to fall out the window while you’re leaning out to vent your rage.

Yes, if we constantly look to the world for our reference point it can be maddening. Since you’re particularly conversant with the Indo tradition, I hope you won’t think I’m presumptuous in reminding you of the Krishna-Arjuna interaction in the Bhagavad Gita. It appropriately takes place on a battlefield, the field of action and becoming, as Krishna urges a reluctant Arjuna to go forth into a necessary and even righteous combat. Not with anger and rage, but with resolve. This advice is in accordance with Arjuna’s role as a Kshatriya -- or, in Socratic terms, a Guardian. Some commentators have preferred to see this urging into battle as an allegory that is only symbolic. I personally believe it is Both/And. Once a war ensues, however, some warpage inevitably occurs as the Fog of War seeps in and takes its toll. Even Dharmaraja stretches the truth, although remaining truthful in at least one context. Did anti-Nazis owe Nazis absolutely truthful statements in all circumstances? Did anti-Maoists owe Maoists absolutely truthful statements in all circumstances? Undoubtedly a slippery slope though, as Sir William Stephenson confirmed, with great care needed not to take a disastrous fall. A bit like leaning too far out a window under some circumstances.

Despite mistakes, overreactions, and excesses, the record of the democracies is far and away preferable to that of totalitarian regimes or tyrannies, as I believe you will concede. Interesting that Bush and Chaney for example -- accused by many of being amoral tyrants -- were willing to turn over rather absolute power in a democratic process. True tyrants like Hitler, Stalin, and Mao had to die before yielding monomaniacal power. Looking back, I believe we can see -- in spite of continuing problems and lapses -- how far Russia, for example, has evolved from the mass murder and Gulag era of Stalin.

What if someone saw clearly that in order to move to a crucially necessary higher level of human and planetary unity-amidst-diversity, the hyper aggressive tyrannies had to be stymied and eventually defeated? I believe TTB had this insight and was willing to go forth into literal battle, with great sacrifice but without rage, hatred or malice. A modern day Arjuna, imho. I don’t believe that Townsend Brown would have associated himself with a fascist or any other kind of totalitarian agenda. But, as Sir William Stephenson was well aware, ruthless tactics were sometimes employed -- which TTB himself was not willing to use. In the Mahabharata, there are Arjuna and Bhima -- brothers on the same side yet strikingly different in temperament and method. So it goes. If you think you can entirely escape this seeming dichotomy in this heavily dualistic dimension of experience, then I suggest you do not as yet adequately understand the Yin-Yang symbol.

As ever, wishing you all the best in your quest for truth,

Griffin
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Magic,
Great link!
Lots of tasty morsels there!

z The use by Maxwell of quaternions (ordered pairs of complex numbers), who made it clear in his writings that his choice of quaternions as mathematical operators was predicated on his belief that three-dimensional physical phenomena -- including quite possibly human Consciousness -- was dependent upon higher dimensional realities! Some of these writings are included herein as Hyperdimensional Poetry. A brief diversion.

Had no idea that Maxwell tied consciousness to another dimension.

Even more radical: Riemann proposed that the basic laws of nature in 3-space, the three mysterious forces then known to physics -- electrostatics, magnetism and gravity -- were all fundamentally united in 4-space, and merely ‘looked different’ because of the resulting ‘crumpled geometry’ of our three-dimensional reality...” In lieu of Newton’s “action-at-a-distance theories, Riemann was proposing that all such apparent forces were the result of objects moving through three dimensions, but distorted by an intruding geometry of 4-space.

Reimann....I see! em and gravity united in 4-space...

Good stuff!

skyfish
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Skyfish and MagicBill.

Don't let Paul overlook what you have uncovered here! As you said..." Good Stuff" and I know how easy it is for him to be looking in another direction at something else important when these little bits and pieces break the surface. Maxwell did discuss another dimension affecting ours ... though I think he couched his words very carefully ... as any sane person would... during his age.

I am not quoteing the link but I am sure Paul can find it. Thanks guys! Great work!

z The use by Maxwell of quaternions (ordered pairs of complex numbers), who made it clear in his writings that his choice of quaternions as mathematical operators was predicated on his belief that three-dimensional physical phenomena -- including quite possibly human Consciousness -- was dependent upon higher dimensional realities! Some of these writings are included herein as Hyperdimensional Poetry. A brief diversion."

Some of his writings thought of as " Hyperdimensional Poetry"> Well, thats one way of looking at them. And when you think of Maxwells view ... don't forget that Beau Kittselman had the same view of linking the conciousness to " something else."

Throw a red flag down here everybody... Or a bobbing raft with a red flag on its mast. A bubble has surfaced here!

Oh Paul ... GMSP. Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Not in total agreement

Post by Mikado14 »

Ms Brown,

I can't say that I am in total agreement with all that is being said here. But then, it may only be that I am failing to see between the singular words, broken speech patterns and most especially the Quantum leaps. There is a distinct difference between "hypthesis" and "fact". Many links to "hypothesis" by others as well as "proposals" do not make conclusive evidence. As long as the mind is kept open in it's quest for answers then discoveries will be made. Jumping to conclusions can have disastrous effects. Discoveries are not made sitting in an easy chair and musing, they begin there but are usually never finished there....unless that is where you sit down when you are done.

Treading lightly here,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mikado, I respect what you say here. Important to be intellectually bold but also as important to be careful and steadfast.

Now here is an example of some very odd " stuff"

As some of you might know my daughter Lisa is an accomplished rider and is becoming also an even more accomplished student! ( Proud father showing through) We talk and talk and talk about what her plans for the future are. ( I laugh that in my old age she can run this boarding and training facility she dreams about and I will just live in the upstairs stable apartment. Why not? Built in stable help. I am good at " throwing hay"

But of course, there is more to Lisa than just her interest in horses and her interest and involvement in uncovering history will someday bear real fruit for her I think.

And what you said Mikado really hits a chord with me......... Its a discussion I just had with her as a matter of fact . She is very prone to getting what she calls " midnight guesses" ( sidenote... also the name of her new horse. <g>) She will experience these ideas and then bound off to prove them out and most of the time she is right on the mark I don't know how that works but as long as it does who am I to turn my nose up?

You said something about speech patterns Mikado and a bell rang with me. I realized that Lisa does sort of an odd thing when she is talking to me.......... Of course she gets distracted because she is always thinking of her research, but it comes across in sort of a " broken speech pattern". And I realized suddenly thats a very special mark here of some sort of interaction going on . At least in the waking state. She will hesitate in trying to explain something about her work to me, and then change the subject altogether. She didn't even realize that she was doing it until I called her attention to it and asked her why she does that. Never did it before. Her answer was very " Quantum Leapish!" She simply said ..." I start to tell you Dad and then I realize that I can't go any further, because you would never understand what I see in my head, so I just have to go somewhere else."

Now THAT my friends will give you an inferiority complex!

Anyway. Broken speech pattern was the phrase that vibrated here. Funny.

I am waiting to be that strongly inspired but I don't think thats going to happen!

As I clean stalls I ponder such things. MarkC
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Good Morning Mark!

The key element in what you wrote is the following:

She will experience these ideas and then bound off to prove them out and most of the time she is right on the mark I don't know how that works but as long as it does who am I to turn my nose up?

She doesn't just sit and postulate at how correct she is. She does something about proving. I am not throwing stones here at anyone, all I am saying is that I learned a long time ago....the hard way.....to take the broken images and words and prove them. It has something to do with being referred to as eccentric, crazy, "out in orbit", head in the clouds, never amount to much.....should I go on? I learned to shut my mouth in 5th grade and how to maintain grades below 80, which is harder than you may realize on first blush but enables one to not be noticed.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Langley
Senior Officer

Across the cosmic ocean

Post by Langley »

My Dog, Gizmo, died last week. She was 13yr8 months. She was a maltese shitzu with some terrier, maybe Silky.

She had epilepsy for the last 2 years, 1 attack every 2 months to start with, then 1 a month, then 1 a fortnight then 1 a week. We put her on that Judy Garland drug reluctantly, but valium helped when in the end she had several attacks on her bad day of the week.

She got used to them, didnt like them but still carried on happily between. Bit like being a migraine sufferer I suppose. Not much you do apart from shooting everyone who wears perfume and after shave into deep space.

But anyway, last 6 months or so sometimes the post attack wobbles took longer to go away. And the vet said she had a hugely enlarged heart. She still enjoyed life, even if on the walks to the beach we'd be together with her not walking on the way back. She always avoided the water like the plague, but on the cliff we would both gaze at the water and horizon. Diana reckons it was just the wind in Gizzies face, but I reckon she was pondering the infinite with me. Though I cant prove that. For either one of us.

Anyway, we were down the beach and Gizzie pulled me to water's edge and she stood waiting for the next wave to send a lap up to her feet, then she went in further, getting her belly wet. She went in and out like that a few times. Then as we were going back up the beach she stopped and looked back and then looked at me.

That was the Sunday. Diana was away the week. On the Monday Gizzie's back legs weren't well controlled, like her master rear end gyro was wonky. I took her to the vet and he said the same thing neurologically. Some term that wasnt good news.

I rang Diana on the Tuesday and as I did Gizzie came up, looked up, and did a Swing axle VW thing and flopped over, and got back up again. She hadnt eaten since the Sunday night. Diana came home on the Thursday night and Friday Giz spent at the vet under observation and medication. We picked her up at about 8pm with advise that the gyro thing might be temporary but probably permanent. So we booked an 8am appointment for the next day. She still wasnt eating. She had trouble and looked at me as I washed her off. We had a last night together, she sleeping on the bed with us. The next morning we sat outside and took some final photos, and took turns holding her.

And then we went to the vet. She was in my arms in the car and we could feel her leaving. I cant prove that. At the vets, she was still in my arms and she was calm. We hugged a final time and sobbed a bit and buried her at home.

She had a lot of courage, but I cant prove that.

God I miss her.

She's probably a dolphin already, just born, ready to frollick somewhere and be the way the cosmos perceives itself. Intelligence is integral to the universe. Its part of the flow. Individuation is part of something bigger, a growing density and power in whatever it is that underlies the mere concrete.
I cant prove that, and it doesnt help. She understood me. A rare thing.

She's part of the flow now, as she always was. She was a messenger sent to us.

I'll remember her and hope to be as her when my turn comes to go beyond my ankles into the depths of what really is .
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

So true, Langley. But I can't "prove" that. Thanks for sharing a deeply personal experience.

As ever,

Griffin
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

Langley,

I was just getting ready to leave for the day and thought I would check the forum one last time and saw your post. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your companion, Gizmo . As my eyes teared up with your words, I found myself smiling at what you said about her being a dolphin now. Maybe that is what she was telling you when she finally did go in the water with you. Look out to the water and think of her, and she will be out there thinking of you, though I can't prove that. You said she had a lot of courage, but you couldn't prove that. Well, you did prove it, with your words.

Kim
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Langley,
I hope your little dog is doing this somewhere right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l9FVsFuF10
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

I can't prove a thing

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley,

What can I say? I understand.

The first dog I ever....well, her name was Venus. She was German Shepard but looked like Daddy or Mommy may have been a collie and she was the runt. I took her everywhere with me and so much so that everyone wondered if she would ever learn to walk for I carried her as a puppy everywhere. I started calling her viener which changed to wiener and everyone knows that a weiner is a Hot Dog and that was what became her name but mostly she was just girl to me. We had only about 10 years together until I lost her and that is all I can say. I told her to come back to me before she left and that I would recognize her.

About 10.5 months later, my sister came to me and told me about this dog at an SPCA that looked just like Hot Dog but was a county away. I went to see her and out of all the dogs there, she did what she was supposed to do. I called her Lady and she agreed to that and from then on, she never left my side...and that was her choice for I could walk anywhere with her without a leash and she would stay by my side until I would tell her to go.

I will tell you how I too, when sitting with her in a field that I just planted or mowed and the two of us would be looking around and laying in that fresh mowed hay and staring at the sky and how she would lay her head on my chest and snuggle to my face. Looking in her eyes, I too, as you, saw the intelligence there, it wasn't anything about what we discuss here except for one thing, the love that was there and how two different species could bond.

I grieve with you and I am back to where I started, what can I say? I understand.

Mikado
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Langley,
My oldest rotti, Cosmo, was the runt of the litter and hand raised. He is special too. I swear he can read my mind. Those bonds are deeper than words can express. I was touched by your story, and I understand. When I look into his eyes and he smiles at me I see the spark of the creator there. Never seperate, never apart.
skyfish
Langley
Senior Officer

Thank you

Post by Langley »

Thank you for your thoughts. I was up late last night, and yea, there's good people here. Thank you.

There are people in all sorts of suffering all over the world and if we multiply what we feel each to our own, well how could one stand it. You all know that anyhow.

But still she wasnt just a dog. She set an example for me. Im alright. So's she.

What can I do today to make the world better.

(wonder how long this'll last) Windmills?

Anyhow, thank you.