PROJECT:PEGASUS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Re: PROJECT:PEGASUS

Post by AM2 »

First I would like to say that I really feel sorry for Mr. Moody and the situation in which he found himself in. Then I would like to address the following question raised by Ms. Brown.
Ms. Brown wrote:Will any of these new programs coming up help out at all?
No, they won't help - not in the least. These programs will just defer the day of reckoning a little bit more. The financial crisis is global and it is moving into the real economy with full speed. All OECD member countries are already in recession - the U. S., Japan, Eurozone, etc. There is a possibility that further down the road we won't just witness the "Second Great Depression", but a truly "Greater Depression".

I will probably be again accused of being a fearmonger or doomsayer or that 90% of what I am saying is bullshit. Everyone has the right to his own opinion, but time will tell who was in the end correct.

Since many of the forum participants are not fond of in-depth reflection and reading lenghty articles, let me just offer a brief comment, which illustrates the whole travesty of what has been happening in the U. S.
...In Bakersfield, California, a Mexican strawberry picker with an income of $14,000 and no English was lent every penny he needed to buy a house for $720,000...

Source: http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/n ... reets-Boom
AM
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

AM,

Doomsaying is just that. I don't care what your percentage is

Yes, I believe that we are facing an enormous wave of terrible challenges. It hurts to think that ( at least) one of our Forum members is caught up in the gristmill of all of this. And yes ... going to what I have been calling " survival mode" is probably a pretty smart thing.

You said "No, they won't help - not in the least. These programs will just defer the day of reckoning a little bit more. The financial crisis is global and it is moving into the real economy with full speed.

I am not sure that there isn't help out there for Mark . Perhaps we are just " deferring the day of reconning a little bit more".

I was asked once by a very influential man what I could not live without. I don't know what he expected of my answer. I was young and fit ... He was old and in a wheelchair. I hadn't even started to really HAVE a life and he was rationally only a few years from the end of his .... He said ...." Linda.... what is the ONE thing that you can not live without." Maybe he thought I would come up with, considering his crowd ... a fancy purse ... or a new car ... or lovely home or maybe a husband to make sure that I was awarded all of those things. But I said the only thing that came into my head. And the word came to my lips so quickly I even scared myself.

" Hope" was my answer.

And looking back on this entire story AM. Can't you see that much of what you have studied is the result of some people " deferring a day of reconning" until all of those involved have had a chance to reach a different point in their lives? So instead of seeing that " deferral " as a bad thing ... isn't it possible to see the positive results of people getting a chance to start on a different footing .... Isn't it possible to believe that something really good can come of this readjustment?

Again you slam us for not being interested in " in depth discussions". Why then are you bothering to speak to us, if we all are so shallow. I find that comment insulting. You are looking at us from a distance and I can appreciate that but you obviously do not have a very good handle on the spirit of the American heart and will. Instead what you offer up is a silly handpicked story of the worst of the situation ... as if it was the whole situation. Which it isn't. And then you focus on that.

I have faith that you will be alright in the long run Mark. Not saying that lessens the pain right now. But don't believe that its all downhill from here because it is NOT. With all the love in my heart. And ..... hold that dance for me someday. Linda
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Ms. Brown wrote:"Hope" was my answer.

And looking back on this entire story AM. Can't you see that much of what you have studied is the result of some people " deferring a day of reconning" until all of those involved have had a chance to reach a different point in their lives? So instead of seeing that " deferral " as a bad thing ... isn't it possible to see the positive results of people getting a chance to start on a different footing .... Isn't it possible to believe that something really good can come of this readjustment?

Instead what you offer up is a silly handpicked story of the worst of the situation ... as if it was the whole situation. Which it isn't. And then you focus on that.
What you are saying is what I firmly believe too, but with one major difference: besides hope and faith, there has to be an acute awareness and realistic assessment of the situation at hand so that proper steps can be taken. My ideal has always been: With the head high up in the clouds and the feet firmly on the ground.

A combination of idealism and realism. Hope has to be combined with an excellent strategy. What follows below is for the sake of brevity a highly simplified description of Dr. Kitselman's thoughts. True success can only arise out of the following 4 elements:

- the desire to struggle, grow and acquire
- the will and energy, which provide fuel
- adequate knowledge about the object of your struggle i. e. the more reliable information you have, the smoother the path will be
- analytical thinking, which cuts like a razor through the illusory, unnecessary and redundant.

As for the handpicked story you might be interested to read the whole article. And along with it the following:

http://www.rgemonitor.com/financemarket ... d_old_days

Let me finish here with this subject, because I don't want the discussion to veer off course.

AM
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

All excellent points AM. Its not an either/or situation between hope, faith and other ways of thinking.

Your Kitselman inspired points are well taken.

We need clear and rational thinking certainly. You will admit though that a positive, hopeful attitude can be the glue that holds the rest of it together? Linda
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Ms. Brown wrote:You will admit though that a positive, hopeful attitude can be the glue that holds the rest of it together? Linda
This is exactly where I fully agree with you. One always has to have a living faith and a burning hope.

If I would think otherwise, then I would be dangling from a tree in the nearby forrest a long time ago already <g>. I consider myself either an optimistic pessimist or a pessimistic optimist.

The challenge is how to keep the head high up in the clouds, while staying with the feet firmly on the ground.

How does it feel to have the head high up in the clouds for me, you will ask? Well, I am now re-reading all the Kitselman-material. This man was so brilliant! When going through his texts, I feel as blissful as that pompous bug with a fake British accent from the Alice in Wonderland cartoon smoking a hookah filled with the best wacky tobacky along with a pinch of mother's finest grown in the backyard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmMRoreu-Lw). Another analogy would be the feeling of being madly in love. In both cases high as a kite and thoroughly intoxicated.

The same intoxicating feeling I get when reading Dr. Brown's journals, his other texts and ESPECIALLY my favourite: "On the Possibilities of Optical-frequency Gravitational Radiation" - the only disadvantage here being that due to my lack of formal training in the area of electrical engineering and physics I cannot always fully appreciate all the fine points made.

AM
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Someone once called Thomas Jefferson a " Grieving Optimist". I think that pretty well describes me too! Thankyou for your thoughts AM. Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Possibilities. That is what we have in abundance. Possibilities for change, for "staying the course" and all other possibilities that can be imagined. But limitless possibilities nonetheless. And it's just like looking at the glass as half full or half empty. Simply a matter of perspective.

Although we live in a society that is influenced greatly by the media, we still have our free will and can make choices that are contrary to the trends, or the expectations of others. We start with infinite possibilities, and as we make choices, influenced by others, and our own experiences and expectations, we begin to narrow the possibilities. We buy into the "scarcity" game, where most of the necessities of life are bought and sold for profits, while people with little means cannot afford the "high cost" of living.

It is so easy to follow the trends, and jump on the doomsday bandwagon, along with Bible toting End Days fundamentalists, that have been seeing the signs since the beginning of recorded history. We even resign ourselves to the acceptance of an Armageddon, because our beliefs tell us it is so. We point to signs, external markings that we use to guide our inner selves, never stopping for a moment to check and see if it feels right, only following the trend and the majority, like a bunch of lemmings following the crowd over a cliff.

We can point fingers at greedy lenders, who gave credit to those with little or no means to make payments, and we can blame our elected representatives who did not represent the people honestly, instead bowing to special interests for short-term perks and profits. Auto makers that did not produce vehicles the public wanted, are now stuck with inventory nobody wants. Homes that were purchased at inflated prices but at below prime lending rates, now are not worth the price paid, but owners still must pay back the mortgages.

Jobs that were sent overseas where the manufacturing costs are less, may have saved companies at first, but when the cost of transporting those products became more than the outsourced jobs savings, they couldn't get enough financing to return their operations stateside. They turn to the government to bail them out. The same government that they lobbied to allow them to move overseas and not pay penalties to, they now want to be given more handouts, so they can return after losing money by being greedy.

Technology in and of itself will not make the world better. It cannot. Just like we debate the use of hidden technology for good or evil, the application of technology will not change the lives of people, will not make a positive difference in the world, so long as its applications are dictated by greed and profits. As long as society is driven by scarcity and profiteering, there is no room for benevolence, and charity is a context demoted to faith and hope.

I don't profess to have THE answer, although I do offer ideas to move us forward as humanity, embracing the opportunity presented to us, rather than pity each other for what we are going through. We can help one another without waiting for a government entitlement program. We can stop doing the things that contribute to the problem and start doing things that support a new way of doing things. It's a matter of courage and determination.

We can change the way the world looks, by first changing how we look at the world.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. No Static wrote:Technology in and of itself will not make the world better. It cannot. Just like we debate the use of hidden technology for good or evil, the application of technology will not change the lives of people, will not make a positive difference in the world, so long as its applications are dictated by greed and profits.
Really couldn't agree more with you.

AM
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

For all the love everyone has shown me:
Merry Christmas!
Look up US patent # 3127608.
Notice the title?
Now, notice the inventors NAME!
If you follow the patents referenced in this patent you will find all kind of goodies!
Like, equipment needed, what company was the INVENTORS working for.........
Linda, refresh my memory.
Can Christmas come in November?
Mark
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Are you perchance referring to this section, Mark? <said with a Cheshire Cat grin!>
The task of providing a microwave absorption system which can reduce the
detectability of satellites and aircraft, and which can protect targets
from directed energy weapons is alleviated, to some extent, by the systems
disclosed by the following U.S. Patents, the disclosures of which are
incorporated herein by reference:

U.S. Pat. No. 3,127,608, A. L. Eldridge, Object Camouflage Method and
Apparatus;

U.S. Pat. No. 3,713,157, Henry August, Energy Absorption by a Radioisotope
Produced Plasma;

U.S. Pat. No. 3,773,684, Alvin M. Marks, Dipolar Electro-Optic Compositions
and Method of Preparation; and

U.S. Pat. No. 4,791,419, Gary R. Eubanks, Microwave Absorbing Means.

The August patent, Energy Absorption by a Radioisotope Produce Plasma,
which describes a means of attenuating electromagnetic radiation passing
through an ionized gas plasma adjacent to a body, teaches placing a
radioisotope material on a surface of the body in contact with the gaseous
medium surrounding the object. Such radioisotope material ejects energetic
particles and quanta into the medium and causes ionization of the gas,
forming an ionized gas plasma sheath around the object. This plasma sheath
would absorb any electromagnetic energy entering it or would so distort
any incoming signal that it would be unrecognized as a radar signal upon
its return to its source. This patent also suggests superimposing a DC
magnetic field upon the plasma in order to enhance attenuation.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

No mam,
Although I R-E-A-L-L-Y love your info!
If you look up the patent by a Mr-----ELDRIGE----------
you will see he cites ------OTHER---------
patents. It is his citations that I was referring to.
Stuff like high voltage generators and such.
Also---------LOOK----------
at the picture on his patent.
Could it be -------REPLACED--------
with a ship---------DESTROYER----------
perhaps?
But I do love your info.
It seems you're a lil bit psychic.
I was just reading about microwaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Mark,

believe me when I say that Christmas ... in an odd form .. will come early.

Oh, speaking of special gifts... I notice that " The Day the Earth Stood Still" is opening on the weekend of December 12th. I am planning on seeing it on Saturday night and I encourage all of those who have studied my Dads words and Pauls rendition of his life ... to see that movie when you can. He felt so strongly about the original movie that he closed his Lab in California so that his staff would be able to enjoy the show and I understand that they all went to the movie together! I wonder what that was like?

Womans intuition maybe Mark, But I have found that Rose stays yards ahead of me most of the time. And my response to the information you both were thinking about? I think that you are both right. I love this world! Everything is just so amazing! Linda
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Let us send our blessings Mark's way. Let us unite in the collective unconsciousness
to create positive energy and new possibilites for him.

skyfish
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

Good morning to all,
I have recently found that try as I may,
I simply can not stay away from actively thinking about this whole subject began by Mr. Brown.
Not that one should, but I believe that even with the world economy being as such and the world being what it is,
we all continue to "spin" around on this big ball.
Life problems will always be what they will be, so if any of us can find solice in whatever pleases us or temporarily "distracts"
us from everyday life problems, we should not deny ourselves that "one" thing that makes us happy, that "one" thing that we do have control over.
So, enough of my morning ramblings about the simple things in life.
I have been reading a book about microwave propulsion lately.
Being a "simple educated, harry homeowner" father of two, I find myself needing of some assistance or education from this group.
Can anyone please tell me, in laymen's terms, how an invisible to the eye, microwave beam can provide propulsion?
What does it "propell" against?
I only ask , because I find myself fascinated by this lately.
A little distraction from life's problems can be a very rewarding thing, don't yoou agree?
Thank you,
Mark
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

MARK MOODY wrote:<SNIP>
I have been reading a book about microwave propulsion lately.
Being a "simple educated, harry homeowner" father of two, I find myself needing of some assistance or education from this group.
Can anyone please tell me, in laymen's terms, how an invisible to the eye, microwave beam can provide propulsion?
What does it "propell" against?
I only ask , because I find myself fascinated by this lately.
A little distraction from life's problems can be a very rewarding thing, don't yoou agree?
Thank you,
Mark
Mark,

This was discussed in the forum quite a bit a while ago. You might have missed it.
Amalie was the first to alert us on this:
https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 598#p18598

And a simple explanation is found here:
http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/021 ... rowave.htm

Hope this helps!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...