US space policy

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Re: US space policy

Post by Victoria Steele »

I am sorry if I touched a raw nerve there Mikado.

Translation? I don't even know what language that is.

Or are you mad at me now?

I know what you mean about those corner nametags. I didn't pick mine either but I really don't mind it that much and I don't think that you should mind yours either. You keep us all on the straight and narrow and I respect you for that.

Don't be mad at me, the puppy says as she flips on her back, grins a toothy grin and wags her tail. Victoria
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

OK, I have, on occasion, expressed my low opinion of our leadership. I probably will again...I am often so disgusted I could bite nails in two, but my dentist frowns on that.

However, I think it would be most disrespectful of Paul who gives of his time and money to keep this board going, to use it as a political soapbox, when there are a gazillion other forums created for just that purpose. As i understand it this one is for all things TTB.

MagicBill has already been asked to take religion elsewhere. I would expect that politics receive the same treatment.

Just my two cents,

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

No raw nerves Victoria. Reality.

When I said that you gave me an epiphany, I really truly meant it. I feel as if I have been wearing rose colored glasses of late.

How can one be angry over that when it is truth?

As to the words, they are from Ebudae by Enya.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:OK, I have, on occasion, expressed my low opinion of our leadership. I probably will again...I am often so disgusted I could bite nails in two, but my dentist frowns on that.

However, I think it would be most disrespectful of Paul who gives of his time and money to keep this board going, to use it as a political soapbox, when there are a gazillion other forums created for just that purpose. As i understand it this one is for all things TTB.

MagicBill has already been asked to take religion elsewhere. I would expect that politics receive the same treatment.

Just my two cents,

rose
Rose,

First of all I promise this is the last post I will make upon this subject. I would like to point out to both you and Mr. Magic an alternate view.

There was a man that invented something that thought it would change the world until the political machine decided that things were comfortable the way they were. They made sure that the change never occurred. How many times has this scenario been played out?
quote wrote: Politics is part of how things get done in this world.
This statement alone has impacted upon me in a way that I referred to as an epiphany, for it is. I forgot this axiom and I truly thank the scrivener for bringing it forward.

Perhaps the forum should talk about politics as well as religion. Will not any new technologies brought forth that pertain to Dr. Brown or for that matter anyone else cause political upheavals? Does not the old adage about being forewarned is being forearmed apply? The anticipation of a geopolitical impact from any new technology surely must be addressed as to how it will interact at various levels of society around the globe. Knowing certain things from a mystical side, perhaps religion should be addressed as well. I truly believe that when certain new technologies are applied that it will cause a bad day for the Vatican, Zion, Muslim etc, again, this will cause political upheavals. The scrivener was correct, it truly is a part, if not, the way things are done. I forgot this but I won't again. Maybe these principles should be addressed in this forum at least in some manner. From my perspective, Dr. Brown's technology would and will cause these effects and to ignore them is to continue to bury our collective heads in the sand. Here is one for you, imagine having the ability to deliver a nuclear warhead without ever leaving American soil. Is that not technology that would shatter the world? The moral (religion) and the political ramifications should be addressed within moderation and respectfully of others belief structures.

The book is done and is being edited for publishing. Maybe it is time that the forum expand into the "what ifs" and the political and religious impacts that the technology will have on the world.

I am finished now, the forum can decide where this should go.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

EXOPOLITICS ?

Post by Trickfox »

ok...wow.... That was GREAT Mikado.

You are quite correct about the science changing the Religious and Politics in fact, there is a word for it but I disagree with the complete definition as seen anywhere but in my own mind. The word is EXOPOLITICS. :shock:

Anyone understand what I mean here :?:
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

I certainly understand, Trickfox. As far as i know every government on earth denies the existence of The Visitants, which is a term i believe GV picked up from Dr. Brown.

Even among ourselves, I don't think we have a clue as to their nature. To some the term might impliy ETs , but Mr. T seemed to say that they are very much of the earth so perhaps they are timetravelers from our future, Nate seemed to think that they might be the souls of those who have departed, others might view them as angels or messengers from God, and transdimensionals or whatever it was that Morgan called them offers no clue at all...

I'm befuddled, which means situation normal on this front.

Mikado, the type of discussions you are proposing remind me of the policy discussions AM once suggested we have. After spending years in an academic department devoted to churning out policy wonks, I don't have much patience for it anymore.The process of setting policy has been compared to making sausage...lots of inputs and a lot of grinding are necessary before the product is finished and what you get looks nothing like what you started out with, but if you feel the call, by all means, go forth. <g>

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Rose,
I agree, I don't have the heart for the discussion, But I am sure others will find it enthralling. I find it a distraction at the moment. We all know that this whole subject is going to be mashed and remashed and yea! to the people who want to go in that direction. I have no energy for it.

Rose, I am not sure that Dad ever used that word " The Visitants". I have become more familiar with it in our discussions with Griffin. Searching my memory bank I don't think that Dad used much of any description for " Aliens". I don't recall him using that word even . Huh. Thats a bit odd. No words come to mind. Course its late .... Linda
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear discussion ,

Oh dear and I thought all was quiet on the western front .

I will have a job responding to your posts, especially as I am fairly inept and incline to drop mails even before I send them ... tedious I know.

The last thing I want to do is be tedious . The impression I get is that I have been fairly chewed over and can now be dismissed as a mediocrity .

This is not the case despite my stilted style. In fact there was a genuine reason why I was invited by trickfox to join this forum, and why I started the thread on space policy in an attempt to engage you into dialog . Trickfox should probably tell you about that himself and you should certainly ask him about our recent relationship and possible objectives.

In actual fact and this is why I am going on about constitutions and so forth there is some very big stuff brewing on the space policy horizon, and my purpose for opening this discussion was to engage your interest into the forward looking manifesto that trickfox and I are working on.

I can see that it is now time to come clean ... I will let trickfox tell you what this is all about, in the way that he sees fit . Discretion is one thing but if that is to be bought at the expense of causing you this kind of intellectual fatigue then it is not worth it.

Anyway enough of the witches brew . I will try and answer your posts ...presently trickfox will reveal all ...

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Linda,

I cannot expect you to talk to a situation that has no genuine basis, there is no heart for that and mashing and re-mashing is not a useful way to spend ones time .

I hope you will reconsider your advice once trickfox has clarified the actual dynamic here.

I did have some experience with a group in Chicago who were pushing for a new style of president but that was for the last election. Perhaps they have got what they wanted now.

I even suppose and you might think about this a bit more later, that this public policy initiative ( the one up trickfox's sleeve ) would secure the election for Obama or whoever took it up. I look forward to your evaluation.

All the best

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Trickfox,

Annie is kinda tired I know , but I did come up with some ideas for investment today . Arab pals.

I mailed you on that ..

As you can see , I think you had better tell Linda and all at tt brown what is going on .

Can you post the link to my web site here , standard Yahoo business web hosted format , pink with incense ,

Please don't make me do it myself, I am far to vunerable and you will at least will be forgiven .

I read the draft text through yesterday, not the bulleted section, not the resume on the front page the other section on the last page . It is really quite good reminds me of the Science Museum at South Ken . I think it is the real stuff, soon we will find out, one way or the other.

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Mikado,

Bravo for the grasp of higher logic , which is more than I have despite years of training in Buddhist epistomology.

As you notice I can't punctuate either and do I hope you can overlook such faults and the unintended transgression of sarcasm.

Really that was more a cry for help , than an attack on you , but as no one has any idea what I need to be helped with yet , then
my comment does not a have a realistic focus , hence the misunderstanding about intention.

My understanding of the quantum state is that it is an underlying condition for atomic and sub atomic particles . If that is correct than the quantum condition includes all generally known phenomena . In writing I used the following terms which are perhaps reasonable ones although it would seem as if our interpretation had been very different .

"us" refers to our sentient status as human beings "box" refers to computational capacity " silicon chip" is the technological interface for the electronic impulses that comprise the "box"

So for talking about perception which is what I intended here, perhaps that was not clear. I would say that "us" comprises the manifest basis of a human world our physical bodies and our physical environment, which could be said to be inclusively placed within the attributes of the quantum state, if that condition is accepted as the underlying and basic one.

My personal opinion is that the "box " is a linguistically located organism and that as we are also similar and as both ( our personal human perceptions and environment ) are now inside or operating within the "box" then it would be rational to say that "us" is now in symbiosis with "box" .

I do not feel this is a necessarily a benign relationship, " us " becomes as minutely differentiated particles but "box " becomes as unwieldy manipulator according to the principles of commercial exploitation.

This is what Hannah Ardendt wrote about in " The origins of totalitarianism " the atomized individual and the iron hand of the pecuniary impulse .

The trauma is mine of course .

I agree with you, the right way to use technology is in the normal manner , a tin opener, vacuum cleaner, or ball point pen. I would like to ensure that all technologies can be used in such a normative and useful manner. The policy discussion I am trying to engage for, would take the quite surealistic attributes of the current technocratic mentality and return them to the utilitarian phases .

My statements about the Constitution are not meant to be factious ones , that would be indeed be horrible.

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Victoria ,

You are brave, we don't live in caves do we ?
Thank you for trying to defend me.

I am afraid though that the space policy thread will soon fizzle out though, unless trickfox steps up to the plate and lights the fuse.

What was tt brown fighting for all those years, the right to manifest science for human advancement .

Perhaps you will agree with me that this struggle continues on today. I had hoped that this very sophisticated group might see fit to "seize the day" The situation is ripe for space policy referendum, US economy is going down the tubes and information technology is sweeping the world . Mind you this technology was actually invented in the US , but now some mindless Chinese apparatchiks get the most benefit , while we sit and wonder how we can afford to run our cars.

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Rose ,

I hope very much that I will not be told to take the space policy topic elsewhere. I do not believe there is anywhere else to take it .

Four years after my jaunt to Washington DC to fix the problem, I still cannot find even a sign of life for a genuine situation. There is actually nobody and nothing with the intelligence or the insight to take what has been made available to me, and help me to turn it into something real

What was I given to make this change with, quite a lot I thought input from an ambassador, the head of the space weapons panel, the director of NASA Ames and a contingent of highly evolved pacifists from Chicago . I said I wanted to do this work, so they gave me the brief and sent me on my way. But it is an intellectual desert out there, the scientists are sheepish and paid for, the pacifists are full of resentment, the government is indifferent, the war hawks are hungry, the public is illiterate.

What should I do, trickfox has brought compassion and a moment of hope for me . He is actually the sympathetic and most helpful comrade that I have found so far even though he is intent on alien manifestation. I hope that trickfox will presently be able to convince you of the veracity of my situation. I would dearly love to see tt brown lead this entire world directly into the Information Age proper . There is no cynicism or misunderstanding here. I have undertaken a task which is singular and unique and which could only be appropriate for those who know and refute the limitations of the typical mind. I fear that the window of opportunity for an advanced integrated and internationalised space policy platform might soon close down. As always there are two outcomes left, success or failure , I have become fairly indifferent because although I know that success would make life so much easier for so many, I cannot make something happen that no one wants . I will have to assume that the benign space creature is not needed just now and hope for the best.

I do appreciate your remarks about making sausage . I actually feel like a sausage . Being given so much and having nowhere to take it to .

Anyway I am hoping you will still be able to look at this ( currently hidden up trickfox sleeve ) with a sympathetic eye .

I have tried my best, I am quite sure that what is intended is indeed possible and that it need not mean too much time grinding away at the sausage machine. I have spent the last four years doing just that, so no one need to take on much more slog.

The good thing about information technologies is that they are immensely accurate , another plus is they can assimilate data at an enormous scale, designing a public policy vehicle using these prolific tools might not be such a grind , it might even be a lot of fun and the results might actually be the ones that were logically planned and expected .

Hopefully the storm will blow over soon . I have forced trickfox's hand, but I did not want to mislead you .

Amalie

Amalie
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

I feel it important to mention that our forum has no definative agenda other than to help Linda Brown tell the world about her father's life and the wonderful history behind a group of friends who helped to shape things as we see them today. In this regard I would like to clarify my position vis a vis what Amalie is promting as a "united effort".
I have been carefully going over Amalie's proposed effort to create an "international space policy treaty".

That does not necessarilly mean that we should be using the T.T. Brown website to promote this unique effort and I apologize for giving Amalie the impression that all she needed to do was to jump in there and convince everyone to jump onboard her personnal quest.

I just thought that she would be willing to talk and listen to what has been going on here for a few years. Amalie definatly has had a vision (what we often refer to as "Downloads") and she is excited and full of enthusiasm to move forwards.

I would caution everyone to remember that I am not the world's leading expert on anything having to do with "space policy", and I am thinking that many of our distinguished forum members would be reluctant to jump into this subject matter any more seriously that is required to toss a few ideas around at this tme.

so...let us try and keep this discussion centered around possible future solutions, and let's not rush into any specifc agenda regarding details of a yet-to-be solidified "Space Treaty".
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear htmagic,

I hope I have not caused any problems for trickfox . I know that he told me that to bring the topic forward prematurely would not be worthwhile. it's just so difficult to try and talk around something rather than pointing straight at it. I do not have a lot to offer tt brown but it might be enough to engage for change, sometimes perhaps not so much is needed, an idea or a concept although a subtle entity can be transformative if it arrives in the right place at the right time .

I do hope that our upcoming manifesto is acceptable to tt brown group, obviously any kind of endorsement or support from your distinguished colleagues would be more than helpful. It is difficult to put a value on what one hopes to achieve , something transformative, radical and authentic I suppose.

I am afraid that there is more behind these words than might be apparent there is an undying hope for a kinder future world , I don't suppose that will go away , despite the lapses and delays and the fraught politicians , unfortunately one still believes. Within this parallel universe surely something remarkable can flourish.

Regarding governments that are not democratic ones or that do no have a constitution.

Information age attributes are trans-political ones .Being based on data only they transcend the standing political structures. These attributes act to collect and supply data , confer analytical abilities, generate problem solving dynamics and undertake equitable and balanced economic and environmental affects .

Non of these attributes are political or limited to one type of constitutional condition . We might say that as all peoples seek the necessities of life, all governments will find cause to ensure those , and that as information is an anonymous medium it can serve functions that have been unavailable so far through within the segregation of languages or the diverse political affiliations .

AM.