NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by kevin.b »

In the beginning was light, said somebody?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJJmS-HY234
But then again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vTKzyt07o
Kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Dear Kevin,

Thanks, Navigator, for those wonderful videos. And I always thought Mike Oldfield was known for his Tubular Bells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSRJvq4Wd48

Or maybe you prefer the classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4eZJh3FFg0

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS - The Book

Post by greggvizza »

htmagic wrote:Fred, sorry to hear that your computer power supply is fried. It's probably a diode that blew out in the power supply
Way back before the turn of the century, a diode was the only semiconductor in a power supply, so it was usually the component that would fail. But now with switched mode supplies its hard to say. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switching_power_supply

It’s really not even worth thinking about. Computer power supplies are very inexpensive and definitely not worth even a half hour of time trying to repair. Just replace it and forget about it.

GV
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:In the beginning was light, said somebody?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJJmS-HY234
I'm a big fan of Oldfields earlier analog-era works. I didn’t know that he was still active in music beyond that era.

Great strangeness video. Some parts of it have that Trickfox feel to it.

GV
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

I'm Baaack!
I installed a new PS that I obtained from a neighbor and I'm up and running. Well at least the pC is, as after the 13+ hours per day this past week in the 100+ degree heat, I am still barely crawling myself. With more rain and thunderstorms in the forecast over the next few days, I will have time to rest and probably unplug the PC when the thunder begins. If you are relying on a surge protector you will not be protected as I wasn't. Invest in a UPS or unplug the PC. Even a laptop is not safe from such massive spikes. But I think the age of the system had more to do with its failure than the lightning. I built this system for my wife about 10 years ago. I replaced the system board because I wanted a faster CPU back about 8 months ago, and this Mobo is about 8 years old too. It's working just fine running Linux.

I'll through my rah, rah, rah behind Paul and his diligence to dig for facts. While many are not forthcoming, he does qualify those portions as such and does not try to pass them off as truths that are cloaked. Throwing another wrench into the works regarding publishers though, it may be in many cases that "reputable" publishing houses may not want to publish something that is obviously hogwash, and then they may also refuse to take on a work that although it may prove to be quite factual, it would spark more controversy than they care to deal with. So my suggestion to you Paul is to find a small publisher that is not well known for their catering to the ridiculous and outrageous, but one that may just not have the wherewithal to provide you with a multi million dollar marketing blitz, yet will see the merits in your book and offer you a deal worthy of your efforts.

A bit more Sarbacher: <edit> They wouldn't let me remote link to his photo
http://science.howstuffworks.com/ufo-government10.htm wrote: Robert Sarbacher Confirms UFO Crash Rumors

A remarkable interview occurred in Washington, D.C., on September 15, 1950, but the content did not leak out until the early 1980s, when Canadian ufologist Arthur Bray found a memo by one of the participants, radio engineer Wilbert B. Smith of Canada's Department of Transport. The memo described a conversation with physicist Robert I. Sarbacher, a consultant with the U.S. Department of Defense Research and Development Board (RDB), at one of the regular meetings Sarbacher and other government scientists conducted with their Canadian counterparts.

Asked about the crash rumors, Sarbacher said they were "substantially correct." He said UFOs "exist. . . . We have not been able to duplicate their performance. . . . All we know is, we didn't make them, and it's pretty certain they didn't originate on the Earth." The issue was so sensitive that "it is classified two points higher even than the H-bomb. In fact it is the most highly classified subject in the U.S. government at the present time." Sarbacher refused to say more.

Smith, who died in 1961, mounted a small, short-lived UFO investigation, Project Magnet, for his government. Through official channels he tried unsuccessfully to learn more than Sarbacher's cryptic remarks had revealed. After the memo surfaced, ufologists found a listing for Sarbacher in Who's Who in America, citing his impressive scientific, business, and educational credentials.

When interviewed, Sarbacher said he had not personally participated in the UFO project, though he knew those who had, including RDB head Vannevar Bush, John von Neumann, and J. Robert Oppenheimer -- three of America's top scientists in the 1940s and 1950s. He had read documents related to the project and on occasion had been invited to participate in Air Force briefings.

"There were reports that instruments or people operating these machines were also of very light weight, sufficient to withstand the tremendous deceleration and acceleration associated with their machinery," Sarbacher told an inquirer in 1983. "I remember in talking with some of the people at the office that I got the impression these 'aliens' were constructed like certain insects we have observed on Earth, wherein because of the low mass the inertial forces involved in operating of these instruments would be quite low. I still do not know why the high order of classification has been given and why the denial of the existence of these devices." Sarbacher could not recall where the crashes had taken place, but he did remember hearing of "extremely light and very tough" materials recovered from them.

Sarbacher's story never varied, and he resisted the temptation to elaborate or speculate. All who interviewed him were impressed. Still, his story could not be verified, since the persons he named were all dead. Sarbacher himself died in the summer of 1986.
And if you are interested in a Stanton Friedman - Robert I. Sarbacher "interview" check out: http://www.presidentialufo.com/sarbacher_friedman.htm

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Fred,

I am glad that you are up and running again. We would have missed your observations.

Good links on Sarbacher and I have to admit this section made me smile

"Asked about the crash rumors, Sarbacher said they were "substantially correct." He said UFOs "exist. . . . We have not been able to duplicate their performance. . . . All we know is, we didn't make them, and it's pretty certain they didn't originate on the Earth." The issue was so sensitive that "it is classified two points higher even than the H-bomb. In fact it is the most highly classified subject in the U.S. government at the present time." Sarbacher refused to say more"

" Substantially correct" sounds alot like my Dads " essentially correct" ... or maybe they were exactly the same and I have misquoted. I just know that particular phrase leapt out at me. Paul? When Dad responded to William Moore regarding that proofreading ploy did he say " substantially" or "essentially correct", Either way I think that both man were actually saying that what they WERE NOT saying was important!

And though it is credited to Dr. Sarbacher the comment about the saucers " not originating here on Earth was something that was also quoted from William Lear at the same time. William Lear and Dr. Sarbacher and Beau Kitselman were working together in Washington at one time. They never actually quote each other or are caught in the same photo and I may be one of the few people who has personal knowledge of seeing them together during the summer of 1960.

Anybody else out there? John Lear????? comments??????? and of course I realize that there is quite an age difference but Sarbachers son might be able to come forward with even the smallest piece of information about what his Dad was doing in Washington DC during that summer? I know that during June and July these men were meeting daily. I can say that because I myself witnessed them together .... Sarbacher, Lear, Kitselman and my Dad. Thats why it would not surprise me to see a certain similaritiy in things that they might have said to others. I put this out there because I KNOW there are others out there who can verify what I have said....please come forward if you can.

When Dr, Sarbacher said " All WE KNOW" I believe he was talking about these men .... and of course he was couching his words knowing there was much that he could not reveal. That was forty -eight years ago. Long enough to be hidden away, Don't you think? Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote: A bit more Sarbacher: <edit> They wouldn't let me remote link to his photo
http://science.howstuffworks.com/ufo-government10.htm wrote: Robert Sarbacher Confirms UFO Crash Rumors

A remarkable interview occurred in Washington, D.C., on September 15, 1950, but the content did not leak out until the early 1980s, when Canadian ufologist Arthur Bray found a memo by one of the participants, radio engineer Wilbert B. Smith of Canada's Department of Transport. The memo described a conversation with physicist Robert I. Sarbacher, a consultant with the U.S. Department of Defense Research and Development Board (RDB), at one of the regular meetings Sarbacher and other government scientists conducted with their Canadian counterparts.

Asked about the crash rumors, Sarbacher said they were "substantially correct." He said UFOs "exist. . . . We have not been able to duplicate their performance. . . . All we know is, we didn't make them, and it's pretty certain they didn't originate on the Earth." The issue was so sensitive that "it is classified two points higher even than the H-bomb. In fact it is the most highly classified subject in the U.S. government at the present time." Sarbacher refused to say more.

Smith, who died in 1961, mounted a small, short-lived UFO investigation, Project Magnet, for his government. Through official channels he tried unsuccessfully to learn more than Sarbacher's cryptic remarks had revealed. After the memo surfaced, ufologists found a listing for Sarbacher in Who's Who in America, citing his impressive scientific, business, and educational credentials.

When interviewed, Sarbacher said he had not personally participated in the UFO project, though he knew those who had, including RDB head Vannevar Bush, John von Neumann, and J. Robert Oppenheimer -- three of America's top scientists in the 1940s and 1950s. He had read documents related to the project and on occasion had been invited to participate in Air Force briefings.

"There were reports that instruments or people operating these machines were also of very light weight, sufficient to withstand the tremendous deceleration and acceleration associated with their machinery," Sarbacher told an inquirer in 1983. "I remember in talking with some of the people at the office that I got the impression these 'aliens' were constructed like certain insects we have observed on Earth, wherein because of the low mass the inertial forces involved in operating of these instruments would be quite low. I still do not know why the high order of classification has been given and why the denial of the existence of these devices." Sarbacher could not recall where the crashes had taken place, but he did remember hearing of "extremely light and very tough" materials recovered from them.

Sarbacher's story never varied, and he resisted the temptation to elaborate or speculate. All who interviewed him were impressed. Still, his story could not be verified, since the persons he named were all dead. Sarbacher himself died in the summer of 1986.
And if you are interested in a Stanton Friedman - Robert I. Sarbacher "interview" check out: http://www.presidentialufo.com/sarbacher_friedman.htm
Fred,

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5215#p5215

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 087#p14087

This topic has been done, so, what are you driving at, perhaps a new slant? What do you see?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Better described as Mr. Martin Decker from Philadelphia. (Better late? than never? ) twigsnapper
And of course
Dr. Brown and Dr. Sarbacher were both TOPMOST EXPERTS ON RADAR.

An additional link that connects Dr. Brown, Dr. Sarbacher and Dr. Smith is the area of communication.

Richard Miethe has been through Mr. Schatzkin's book clearly connected to Dr. Sarbacher i. e. Dr. Sarbacher saved him along with Mr. O'Riley from that Soviet prisoner camp.

It is said that Richard Miethe SUPPOSEDLY later moved to Canada and worked for the AVRO-company. Well, here we are already treading on very thin ice and should be extremely careful, therefore let us return to safer waters.

Richard Miethe was an expert on high voltage. Definitely an area which would be of great interest to Dr. Brown - mainly or also, because of his capacitor experiments. Today I found the following interesting tidbit (interesting for me as a layman in the technical field, that is): high-voltage capacitors play a crucial role in radar-systems.

Now, please do not understand me wrong. I am NOT saying that now all the three or four above mentioned persons met and did some super-hidden work in connection with the radar. No.

I am just trying to note down interesting links that may or may not be of significance later on.

Finally and perhaps I am again digressing too much or drawing unsound parallels, but I would be interested in the exact relationship and co-operation that existed between the following four men:

Dr. Brown - Dr. Sarbacher - Jacques Cornellion - Richard Miethe
Not what is being said, but what is NOT being said is of most significance here. In viewing the recent posting by Mr. Deyo regarding the electrostatic nature of Dr. Brown's work with Bahnson, and that it did not work in vacuo? And yes, the Philadelphia connection with GE (Reentry Systems) and Martin Decker. I am sure it was much more than radar or electrostatic lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_DCV84 ... re=related

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Post by ladygrady »

Its so great that we can talk directly to you Stan ( is that OK?)

Your impression then from the notes that were made available to you was that the work (that was done in Paris... remember, Before the Bahnson years) was that the disc didn't work in a vacuum?)
)

I know that this is a strange thing to ask but you are probably the one who would know .... How much credit did Mr. Bahnson give to what he called " the Brothers". I know that this phrase must be familiar to you and someone once told me that he mentioned them in his notes. That same source said that Adamski visited the lab there in North Carolina some time after Dr, Brown left ( about 1959-1960?) Is this true from your viewpoint?

Thanks for anything that you can share! grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote: Dr. Brown - Dr. Sarbacher - Jacques Cornellion - Richard Miethe
My research indicates that the name is "CORNELLON"
FM No Static At All wrote:Not what is being said, but what is NOT being said is of most significance here. In viewing the recent posting by Mr. Deyo regarding the electrostatic nature of Dr. Brown's work with Bahnson, and that it did not work in vacuo? And yes, the Philadelphia connection with GE (Reentry Systems) and Martin Decker. I am sure it was much more than radar or electrostatic lift.
Mr. Deyo is entitled to his opinion in regard to the disc and whether or not it will work in a vacuum. Just never say never...unless you have steel shorts.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Mikado14 wrote:
My research indicates that the name is "CORNELLON"
You are correct, I just copied/pasted the text as it was without corrections to someone else's spelling.
Mr. Deyo is entitled to his opinion in regard to the disc and whether or not it will work in a vacuum. Just never say never...unless you have steel shorts.

Mikado
I was only pointing out the possibility, without accusations. With all of what we have read and speculate here on the forum, I would be one of the last to state such things with certainty. All I can do is bring such things to the attention of those that have the experience and knowledge and trust they will know if it is fact or fake, as Mr. Twigsnapper has stated when I posted about Sarbacher/Smith and then you pointed me back to AM's posts with Sarbacher and Stanton Friedman. I am still asking questions, not posing answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_DCV84 ... re=related

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All

Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

I guess the misspelled name wasn't enough to get a response? This is a strange world.I guess I was responsible for that. Spelled it the way it sounded to me when I was a kid and there was no one to correct me. Mr. Twigsnapper could have maybe, but perhaps he left it so that the man himself would stand up someday and do that. Looks like it took more of an incentive than just that ... and connecting him with Bergier was obviously enough to turn the tide. In any case and for any reason I am certainly pleased that Mr. Cornellon stepped onto the forum and contacted Paul. The incoming information will I am sure prove very valuable.

I note especially ( as you said) what is NOT mentioned. I also note who is spending time with whom. No matter what is projected or talked about, as Paul says "action speaks louder than words and also to character." and sometimes as Morgan reminded me of an old saying ....Great Truths are contained in small absurdities.

Perhaps the reason the hair goes up on the back of my neck regarding these men being in the same place in the same time during the summer of 1960 is this. I also know that Dad, Dr. Sarbacher, William Lear were ALSO TOGETHER in Santa Monica during the summer of 1967. Now, what are the odds? .... what was going on THEN that would call them into the same town at the same time ....... RAND? ..... and something else perhaps? Thats what I call the little anomalies that just drive me nuts. ( not too far to go, trust me.) and like you Fred, I am just asking questions here that need to be asked, not drawing solid conclusions.

The other small oddity is that Dad picked up a carload of material which had been waiting for him in San Francisco that September. And in October of that year ... with his old notebooks in front of him again he penned ,,," No notes were taken from 1958-1967. Thats what I mean by a little absurdity. Linda
Rose
Senior Cadet

MIGs from Moldova and black nozzles

Post by Rose »

I just came across another Moldovian MIG mention in this Jane's article on classified programs:
http://www.janes.com/defence/news/jidr/ ... 01_n.shtml

The USAF publicly announced the acquisition of MiG-29s from Moldova in 1998 - however, the previous history of the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, which has flown Soviet combat aircraft from Area 51 since the 1970s, remains classified. (Posted because Mr. T once mentioned a MiG from Moldova on display at Wright Pat.)

Although this is a quote from 1995, I have a feeling it still applies:
A senior officer on the Joint Staff remarked that "we still treat certain capabilities as pearls too precious to wear - we acknowledge their value, but because of their value, we lock them up and don't use them for fear of losing them".

Perhaps this bit from the same article refers to a version of the flame jet generator that still remains "locked up"?

The X-36 itself was disclosed in March 1996, when it was nearly complete: at the time, it was a McDonnell Douglas project, and it clearly resembled the company's proposed Joint Strike Fighter design. However, it was also a subscale test vehicle for an agile, very-low-observables combat aircraft, incorporating a still-classified thrust vectoring system with an externally fixed nozzle. The nozzle itself remains classified,

rose
Last edited by Rose on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: MIGs from Moldava and black nozzles

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:I just came across another Moldovian MIG mention in this Jane's article on classified programs:
http://www.janes.com/defence/news/jidr/ ... 01_n.shtml

The USAF publicly announced the acquisition of MiG-29s from Moldova in 1998 - however, the previous history of the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, which has flown Soviet combat aircraft from Area 51 since the 1970s, remains classified. (Posted because Mr. T once mentioned a MiG from Moldova on display at Wright Pat.)

Although this is a quote from 1995, I have a feeling it still applies:
A senior officer on the Joint Staff remarked that "we still treat certain capabilities as pearls too precious to wear - we acknowledge their value, but because of their value, we lock them up and don't use them for fear of losing them".

Perhaps this bit from the same article refers to a version of the flame jet generator that still remains "locked up"?

The X-36 itself was disclosed in March 1996, when it was nearly complete: at the time, it was a McDonnell Douglas project, and it clearly resembled the company's proposed Joint Strike Fighter design. However, it was also a subscale test vehicle for an agile, very-low-observables combat aircraft, incorporating a still-classified thrust vectoring system with an externally fixed nozzle. The nozzle itself remains classified,

rose
Rose,

Nice idea but thrust vectoring is not dealing with the Flame jet generator. Although in a thrust vectoring system it usually is described as control of a "fluid discharge". Next time you watch the shuttle launch, if you do, you will see evidence of it. I am sure if you do a Google you will see that there are more than likely several patents on different methods of vectoring.

Now, knowing how GOOD an Internet searcher that you are, you could have done this yourself. You have an angle. Have you found something that would cast a question?

Mikado
htmagic
Senior Officer

Not your ordinary thrust vectoring...

Post by htmagic »

Mikado,

I've seen thrust vectoring but not when the nozzle is static. The nozzles on the shuttle can move but Rose said incorporating a still-classified thrust vectoring system with an externally fixed nozzle. The nozzle itself remains classified. So if the nozzle is fixed, they have to steer the flow using gates or flaps or some other method. If it's classified, it could be Dr. Brown's technology or a later generation of his technology. But of course this is all speculative filled with weasel words.

And since you & Paul don't like weaseling around, here's one to enjoy!Image

So it isn't the thrust vectoring I have seen before. I would be surprised to think that the thrust could be steered electrostatically. But if it's classified, I doubt anyone on this forum will be deemed by the powers that be to have a "need to know."

Interesting find, Rose. What did you think this might point to?

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...