NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Andrew,

Are you so sure that she doesn't already know about that book? Where would the guy get the ideas for the " four notebooks" ? And building something according to them? Were you interested in that book because you thought that it might be a true declaration of scientific work? And you wouldn't already know about it? I find your expectations for it sort of interesting. Of course its fiction. How else could someone write down some ideas that they have had about the effect that Townsend Brown is going to have on the world. A strangequote

"After several hours of work he calls to Elinor, "El, you have got to see this!"...Elinor Galileo, you are witnessing what may very well be the future of transportation not only on Earth but to the stars...I give you Professor Thomas Townsend Brown's thruster"

First of all .... I think its going to take the fellow a lot longer than a couple of hours! But giving him that its interesting that he would call someone named Elinor Galileo first. Maybe its just me ..... but all that came to my mind was the story of " Galileos daughter"/ If you are not familiar with it .... WONDERFUL book about how that scientists daughter stuck by his side, through thick and thin and separation. I have always thought of Linda when I see that book and here I guess its not much of a jump for me to go from there to seeing some similarities and links in this book and actually I think the author did that intentionally. Leaps of faith in understanding but I believe that this book you have found Andrew is probably just one of a group of information that will soon bubble to the surface.

And I have visited with Dr. Jones too ....( Something is happening here ....) and I swear to you that the script is almost purely around things that are linked steadfastly to Dr. Browns experiences. Especially the last. And a good reminder too ..... Not to ask for information that you might not actually be ready for. Even when you think you are.

And Paul. You are going to be alright. Another A. Plus. MarkC
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi Mark,

Yes, I told Linda Brown about it a week ago when I first came across it and ordered it. All we had at that time was the description from Amazon, which was the first quote in my last message, and we did not know it was complete fiction.

We discussed the sign, and I wanted to know if she knew what the author was talking about. I was hoping I hadn't missed something that would have been so obvious.

The name Galileo struck her as funny as well.

I was hoping for something of more substance, and was simply looking forward to a good read. Nothing of any scientific content - just a bit of substance. It's been awhile since I've come across a really good book. Now that you mention it again, though, I may go check out "Galileo's Daughter."
Last edited by Chris Knight on Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Four Notebooks, eh?

Post by Paul S. »

Andrew had also given me a heads up about that book, and I meant to post a link or something about it to the blog part of the website, but that good intention must have fallen into the cracks in the firmament that opened over the past week.
It started with the arrival of a package that contained four notebooks written by Dr. Townsend-Brown and given to Professor Guido Galileo's late uncle.
"Four notebooks," eh? I wonder if Guido Galileo's late uncle was called "Uncle Morgan" ?

I haven't read the book, but judging from the synopsis and what Andrew has reported, it sounds like the author just took the name and built a story around it (and now I can hear a voice in the background saying, "Oh yeah? Don't be so sure..." ).

This kind of fiction is easy. Getting to the actual facts, that's a tad harder.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

Elizabeth? or Paul?

Can someone please contact the author of that book Andrew mentioned. I REALLY want to know where he got his inspiration to talk about the " four notebooks". Don't you find it strange at all that he even mentions them? Paul, he must have been reading your story! ... or if he got the idea earlier then he must have gotten the idea from your site Andrew? Or he talked to somebody who knew about notebooks? Why FOUR notebooks? Is that the number of the "missing" notebooks? The notebooks that Dr. Brown took to .... wherever he actually took them? just before he died. So did this writer just read that chapter Paul and take it from there.

Thats how good fictions get written I understand. Someone just says ..." Well what now would happen if " and he grabbed the notebook idea. But he had already learned enough of the technology to interest Andrew! This is fascinating. And no coincidence. So! can someone get ahold of the writer and maybe invite him to join us? oh, maybe thats a bad idea! Who knows what kinds of ideas he might get from hanging around us. Like Spielbergs silver saucer. <g> Victoria
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Hey Andrew,

What did you mean by this?

"It did mention a pinto in there, and it is about Townsend Brown's gravitational isotopes, so that's a couple of points in its favor. It is really great that a book on Townsend is out there."

Pinto? You mean a pinto horse? Why does that mean something to you? Does Linda Brown ride a pinto horse? .... The only other pinto I know of .... would be a pinto car?.. but I doubt that she drives that. Though Paul did say that she drives an older car thats sort of .... a high milage special? So can you tell me what you meant by that? Either one means that the person MIGHT actually know something about Linda and that would be FASCINATING!

Linda, giving you plenty of room for privacy as agreed, but you have to admit that you have led one helluva interesting life which would have most writers dying to get into.

"This kind of fiction is easy. Getting to the actual facts, that's a tad harder" quote from Paul . Hahahaha. Thats why you are doing it! Because you can! But just look what you will have when you are done! Other writers will never be able to match you.

Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Uh oh, now we're discussing it. Oh well, I just like Pintos (the horse Pinto, not the car), although I have to admit the first and last time I was on a horse, it threw me off.

Methinks the author has been visiting our sites. He throws a lot of different pieces into the mix - gravitational isotopes, lifters, triangular black airships, etc. The notebooks he is referring to are the notebooks that are at qualight.com, and Rex Research has a copy on his site as well. They consist of 1, 2, and part of 4, so he's just expanded them to the whole four. He discusses what is in those notebooks, and they are actually numbered 1 through 4 in the story, I think.

The story starts off with this fellow receiving the four notebooks along with a photo of his uncle and Townsend Brown at a rubber factory. His uncle and Townsend were apparently making super-light rubber. So anyhow, off we go on a wild and wacky adventure as our intrepid adventurer, Guido, embarks on a quest to not only discover the hows and whys of gravitational isotopes, but to bring it to the world's attention by following a series of these "signs" that were on the cover of the notebooks. In the end, after three "failed" attempts on his life, he is "saved" by a MIB (who later dematerializes into a black triangle. The last scene is Guido at a press conference presenting a rock slab, which he has applied a gravitational isotopic paste, making it float.

I may have been a bit harsh on the author. It's not the best book, but it widens the interest in Townsend's work, and I have to appreciate that.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Reminds me of a movie...

Post by Paul S. »

.... I saw when I was a kid, long ago in a galaxy far far away...
His uncle and Townsend were apparently making super-light rubber.
Wasn't that called "flubber" ?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Sorry, that book just sounds like pre-emptive disinfo. More mud in the waters. Admit I haven't seen it yet, trying to reserve judgment...not working...

R.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Everybody,

It strikes me that this will just be the BEGINNING of the substantial flurry of interest which is coming at the subject of Townsend Brown.

And I will probably grind my teeth at alot of it.

But Paul has the real story. So thats what is going to count in the long run. When it gets out there and people can read and ponder I expect all kinds of more productive thoughts will be sprouted.

And looking at it from a publishers viewpoint ..... if there is interest in the subject out there .... then thats a market ... and thats how they think no matter what our ideas of the importance of it happen to be. With a publisher its the bottom line.

And thank you Radomir for the comment of the personality that you are finding in Dads notebooks. To judge the quality of a persons personality you do have to go to what he has said and done. I remind myself all the time that thats what counts.

Much better for this flurry of activity now than the question "Townsend Brown? Who is he?"

Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Linda Brown wrote: But Paul has the real story. So thats what is going to count in the long run. When it gets out there and people can read and ponder I expect all kinds of more productive thoughts will be sprouted.

And looking at it from a publishers viewpoint ..... if there is interest in the subject out there .... then thats a market ... and thats how they think no matter what our ideas of the importance of it happen to be. With a publisher its the bottom line.

Much better for this flurry of activity now than the question "Townsend Brown? Who is he?"

Linda
Maybe it is for the best, since you have been assisting Paul with this, all the other stuff about your father will just make Paul's book look that much more interesting to publishers. With an endorsement from you personally, it just may be a best seller, and Paul will be busy on those talk shows when it makes the New York Times top seller.

Just for us horse lovers, I am going to start a campaign against racing horses so young. Traditions aside, this is cruelty for the benefit of the wealthy and the entertainment of the masses.

Fred
Langley
Senior Officer

chasing the positive

Post by Langley »

http://www.hep.caltech.edu/~hitlin/wuobit.html

BB effect at level of beta emission?
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: chasing the positive

Post by FM No Static At All »

Langley wrote:http://www.hep.caltech.edu/~hitlin/wuobit.html

Do you mean to suggest that the spin of the electrons or their orbits are the root cause of the BB effect? That is an interesting idea, that can be determined through experiments. But I also believe that Dr. Brown stated that the effect will remain regardless of polarity of charge; that is the push is always toward the positive electrode. Would that indicate the electrons are moving opposite that positive electrode at a higher rate than protons moving toward it?

Now that brings up another fascinating thought. is the spin of a particle always in the same direction? Can that spin be reversed or would that be only in the case of anti-particles whose charge is also opposite? And I wonder what all this has to do with the dielectric constant of a particular substance when its ambient temperature is raised or lowered. In the classic electronics theory the higher the temperature the higher the resistance, but what about permittivity and permeability? Also at what voltage or pulse would the effects of temperature have reduced significance in the case of the BB Effect?

One other note: In unification of forces, the strong and weak nuclear forces along with gravity were postulated as being a result of valence, and the unstable isotopes can be made stable or vise versa by application of electromagnetic force which would give or take an electron under certain conditions. This is according to Dr. Harold Aspden, whom I have quoted and referenced in previous posts. See his Aether Theory http://www.energyscience.org.uk/ or his book Creation: The Physical Truth for a more in depth explanation.

Fred
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: chasing the positive

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote:
Langley wrote:http://www.hep.caltech.edu/~hitlin/wuobit.html

Do you mean to suggest that the spin of the electrons or their orbits are the root cause of the BB effect?
The horsehoe is against the stake!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Hi Andrew and Everyone out there,

First off. A " ringer " comment from Mikado? Damn! Thats pretty unusual!

I hope that you are all spending this day with your family. Maybe thats the best way to honor the people who didn't make it home ...............

and on this side of the family fence. Andrew. I appreciate your answer about the "pinto" but you didn't really answer me. So the author mentioned a pinto car in his book. What made you link that car with Townsend Brown? You mentioned specifically gravitational isotopes and a "pinto". I get the gravitational isotopes bit but the pinto? Why would that stand out to you ?...( in relationship to him .... can you tell me how the author mentions it in his book or are ya gonna make me wait to get my own copy? <g>)

And Paul is probably planning this day floating about on some tropical island. Huh. Seems every single time that he goes somewhere the forum just explodes with wild and creative revelations. I wonder if it will happen again? I just can't see how it can get any wilder and more wonderful than it has been but maybe thats possible.

"The Perfessor" is out of the room!
So who wants to be first to stand up on their desk? AM? You are probably nominated for that one! I want you to know by the way that I am pleased that you are back. It might take me awhile to respond to some of your links, but I am paying attention to them. Victoria
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

OK, I go first.

Which is going to end up most important? The book that Paul has written? Or the history of these forum contents? I might be patting ourselves on the back but has anyone noticed how fascinating it is just to read these forum threads?

And there are things that we have talked about here that Paul hasn't even mentioned. Its like we are already " Book Two" .... and moving onward! Victoria