Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

speaking up

Post by twigsnapper »

In your minds eye.... perhaps this would work in a movie someday.

Picture a rugged land where only the muffled sound of horses hooves striking rock should be heard. Picture tribesmen on fine local horses, (easily recognized by awed observers as they pass) as the best of a thousand years of selective breeding.

The tall tribesman in the lead is carrying an old rifle left behind from past conflicts and losses. The men following quietly and without speaking are born to the desert by their looks ....

but no, this is not the individual that the entire armed forces of the United States is looking for .... though ... he is as difficult to locate ..... and the men who follow him are not the tribesmen that they mimic. Though as deadly up close with a knife.

Who would ever suspect? In a land so hostile to Americans ..... twigsnapper
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Twigsnapper, being aware that I'm dangerously approaching a very sensitive area, I'll still take a shot and blurt it out. If I say a stupid thing, then at least people will have something to laugh at.

What you are describing so poetically strikes me as Ms. Brown's old friend Morgan on an undercover mission somewhere in the hotspots of the Middle East. A long time ago I heard a very interesting Native American proverb: "Not all dead are being burried." And in this world of ours only few things seem what they are (and I do hope you got my message).

Just take a look at the photo of Bandit - the allegedly fattest raccoon in the world. Many people would say: "How horrible, the woman overfed the poor critter!" What if the reason for the raccoon's obesity would be a chronical problem with the thyroid gland and not food? He just might have been born with a bad thyroid gland.

A.

P. S.

A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line today.
The results blacked out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon.

-- Steel City News
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

a few racoons

Post by twigsnapper »

AM,

You will remember this conversation about racoons someday and someone will say how ironic it was but you will know better that irony really had nothing to do with it.

I have another friend dealing with racoons too and I am curious to see his response to some of your paperwork. Its a big thing when racoons keep you up at night and you alternately plot the trapping of them .... and their well being. twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Trickfox perspective

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Would you give a child a loaded gun?
Mikado,

What need is there for a submarine if all you need is a mind-soul ability, coordinates, and a comfy chair in a front room? The FTM was related to the high-voltage work Brown had been doing, I'm certain, and it involved corporeal transport.
Is that what you interpreted from what I wrote? Out of the 1,186 posts I have made and you have come to the conclusion that I have been talking only about the ability of the mind and soul? Fair enough, I am not, nor have I been the best at putting my thoughts to type, I will endeavor to do better in the future.
Gewis wrote:Else how was Morgan to shoot, with a corporeal gun, three terrorists holding Brown captive ? Or was it purely psychic? Gifted children come with their guns loaded. :)?
How do we really know it was Morgan? Whose word do we have? What evidence do we have? Has Morgan definatively stepped forward and claimed the cupie doll?

Was it purely psychic? Depends on what your definition of psychic is and I would bet that your definition and mine are different.

As to gifted children, several comments: first, what you call a "gift" some would call a curse, a child learns very quickly not to mention ANYTHING to ANYONE due to peer ridicule and if it is not ridicule it is the extreme opposite. Secondly, there are many "gifts" that a child can have, the problem arises when the child assumes that EVERYONE can do it but comes to the realization.....real fast.....that there are levels. I could go on but I won't but I know some children and I will venture to say that these children will have a future job.

Gewis wrote:Did Linda psychically send postcards from several locations across the globe in close intervals, or was she corporeally present to do so? Based on what's available, I'm inclined to believe it was the latter.
Ever hear of translocation? Or maybe one of those "bird" ships. In either or any event I do agree with you. However, something in her words strike a different chord.

I will say again, the ship is NOT built yet from the stationary perspective that we have. It is a generational project.....but it is coming.

In closing, Gewis, I stand with you and not against you and agree but I see more, have seen more and I believe that the project is more.

The very first time I flew a plane, the instructor told me that I was a natural, to me, it was like swimming in a sea of air. To operate a time ship, there will be naturals as well, what those requirements are, we will discover.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Trickfox, now we are yodeling on the same wave-length!

Dr. Brown's theories and the communication device he was thinking of.

You were mentioning "Shannon's Communication Theory" and the Clifford Space.

There is a very interesting quote about this theory at the following website
(http://www.exploratorium.edu/complexity ... annon.html):

"In the late 1940s Claude Shannon, a research mathematician at Bell Telephone Laboratories, invented a mathematical theory of communication that gave the first systematic framework in which to optimally design telephone systems. The main questions motivating this were how to design telephone systems to carry the maximum amount of information and how to correct for distortions on the lines. "

Please pay close attention to the last sentence i. e. "The main questions motivating this were how to design telephone systems to carry the maximum amount of information and how to correct for distortions on the lines."

Yes, you were right Mr. Trickfox - the same principle as in physical teleportation. Can you imagine the unpleasant consequences that distortions might have in physical teleportation? Let us say I teleport home to my future Japanese wife Miyuri, who is just cooking a nice miso soup, and suddenly she asks me: "Honey, why is there a pineapple growing out of your neck!?"

In this respect I would like to mention the name of another electrical wizard Gabriel Kron who among other battled with similar problems i. e. efficiency in electrial distribution systems. A quote for you (http://www.quantum-chemistry-history.co ... briel1.htm):

"He read widely in the field of mathematics, becoming familiar with tensor analysis and Non-Riemannian geometry for the first time. Seeing an analogy between these abstruse concepts and the complex interrelations of electric, magnetic, and mechanical forces in machines, he wrote his classic paper on the "Non-Riemannian Dynamics of Rotating Electrical Machinery," which won for him the Montefiore Prize from the University of Liege in 1935. He sent me a copy of this paper in 1933, when he returned to the U.S., and I was so impressed by it that I sent it to my friend, Professor Philip Franklin, of the Mathematics Department at M.I.T., who was the Editor of the M.I.T. Journal of Mathematics and Physics. ‘He published the paper in full in the May 1934 issue of the M.I.T. Journal.

The paper instantly produced wide-spread discussion and controversy. Working alone, applying mathematical concepts in ways never done before, Kron gave new meanings to terms and disregarded established rules, so that many mathematicians derided his work: it was just for show, it was needlessly complex, or it was of no practical use. When he first put his ideas forward, there were no large computers, and engineers were little concerned with systems, so it took some years for their value to be appreciated. But Kron's theories, derived largely by intuition, have been proved sound and are increasingly useful. Instead of calculating the effects of changes A, B, and C separately, and then finding that each change required the others to be recalculated, Kron's methods take all the interrelations into account at once, thus opening the way to correct analysis of the most complex systems.

After finishing the course, Concordia went into the Apparatus Sales Department, where he worked on problems of power supply and transmission. In considering extensive power networks, with large numbers of supply stations and load centers, he felt the need for more general methods. To help in power system analysis, Kron also transferred there in 1939. As computers became available, Concordia and Kron did a great deal to establish the modern methods of system analysis.

Kron spent nights and weekends pursuing his own thoughts. The results appeared in an extensive series of articles published in the G. E. Review between 1936 and 1942. He also kept in touch with graduates of the Advanced Engineering Program who had gone to work in various departments of the Company, and helped them in many ways, particularly by developing correct equivalent circuits for all kinds of machines and systems. These were published in his third book, Equivalent Circuits of Electric Machinery, in 1951. His first two books, Tensor Analysis of Networks and A Short Course in Tensor Analysis for Electric Engineers, appeared in 1939 and 1940, respectively.

In 1942 Kron transferred to the Large Steam Turbine Engineering Department, to work on problems of stress analysis in complex steel structures. Then he moved again, to work on electronics with Simon Ramo. And, in 1945, he moved to the Research Laboratory, where he worked on the temperature distribution and control of piles for atomic reactors, and other abstruse problems. In 1950, he returned to work for Selden Crary on power systems, where his ideas proved to be most useful, employing the large computers then becoming available. One of his associates wrote two books solidly based on Kron's work that tell how to use computers to control the distribution of electric power in large systems.

Kron spent the years between 1953 and 1963 in laboratory and turbine assignments. In 1963 he joined the Analytical Engineering Division; there he became closely associated with Harvey H. Happ, the editor of this book, who expanded and applied his work to power system problems. Kron retired in 1966 at the age of 65. Kron told me that Happ was his interpreter in electrical engineering, who had his entire confidence. With Kron's encouragement, Happ has written a book that presents the foundations of Diakoptics.

For example, his work on specific problems in electric motors and generators led him to pioneer in the use of tensor analysis for application in both rotating machinery and later in static networks. A problem of determining the losses of interconnected power systems led him to conceive a piecewise procedure he called "Diakoptics" for solving large scale systems by tearing; in this approach, the subsystems of the larger system are first solved, and then the solutions of these subsystems are modified to take their interconnection into consideration. Problems in forecasting and optimization, in later years, led him to pursue extensions of his earlier work to include all parameters of the dynamic electromagnetic field by means of the still unexplored polyhedral network theories."

Hope to here more from you, Mr. Trickfox.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Mr. Trickfox, now we are yodeling on the same wave-length!

Please note that we are also "dancing rather than marching" :wink:

In fact we have quite a fascinating form of artistic expression scattered over several parrallel dimensions.

Thank you for the continued encouragement all.

Trickfox
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Trickfox, yes we should not forget the dancing part. There has been too
much marching done in the history anyway.

Mr. Twigsnapper, as for the raccoons, they are indeed fascinating creatures. The average American might think: "Them damn coons been going through the garbage again." But these animals are more than clever. If you take a closer look at their paws you will also see that they have a tremendous similarity with human hands (minus a real thumb like in primates).

Once I saw a strange video with a box closed by many contraptions. A raccoon was able to open all of them save the one locked by a key.

Interestingly there exist even a German connection. In 1934 Hermann Goering imported raccoons to Germany and in 1945 after the farm, where they were being kept, was bombed they fled and multiplied in the wilderness. Nowadays, they are according to some statistics more raccoons per square mile in Europe than in their native land America. In Germany they are having big problems with them.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Mikado14 wrote:
Gewis wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Would you give a child a loaded gun?
Mikado,

What need is there for a submarine if all you need is a mind-soul ability, coordinates, and a comfy chair in a front room? The FTM was related to the high-voltage work Brown had been doing, I'm certain, and it involved corporeal transport.
Is that what you interpreted from what I wrote? Out of the 1,186 posts I have made and you have come to the conclusion that I have been talking only about the ability of the mind and soul? Fair enough, I am not, nor have I been the best at putting my thoughts to type, I will endeavor to do better in the future.
No, I wasn't taking the entire context of your 1,18(7) posts, just your response to Trickfox.
Mikado14 wrote:There are no hard physical time machines yet but there are time machines, it depends on your description of machine. Oh, and a set of coordinates.
There were two men who stepped out of the shadows. One, the Epilogue says, was Morgan. Give that whatever weight you want. Was the other the one telling us the story? Perhaps Twigsnapper shouldn't be so modest about his own participation in these events. Or perhaps I'm going out on a limb that isn't supported.

I am certain you're right that things are more complex than I think. Whether the ship has been built yet has little to do with whether it's currently in operation, correct? It makes sense to try to fit the knowledge I have (or think I have) with the new information that I receive. But, corporeal transport, whatever the mechanism, happened, and Brown either built or was trying to build a physical device. I think that's the part we agree on.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Trickfox,
Wrote out a fast," of course I tust you " this morning, then thought it would be better to think this through, gave it all day, all possibilities played around in my head.
Definately , trust you.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Thank you Kevin...

Trickfox
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:
There were two men who stepped out of the shadows. One, the Epilogue says, was Morgan. Give that whatever weight you want. Was the other the one telling us the story? Perhaps Twigsnapper shouldn't be so modest about his own participation in these events. Or perhaps I'm going out on a limb that isn't supported.

Just because the epilogue says so does not necessarily mean it is so. What proof was given to Paul? None that I am aware of.
Gewis wrote: Whether the ship has been built yet has little to do with whether it's currently in operation, correct?

Where is the proof that it is in operation?
Gewis wrote: .......Brown either built or was trying to build a physical device. I think that's the part we agree on.
We do not agree for I do not believe that he was trying to build the device in his lifetime. All that Dr. Brown said to Morgan was that it would be in HIS lifetime. We have repeatedly been told that this is a generational project. What I believe is very far fetched from what is being talked in the forum but then I wouldn't want to disappoint kevin and let him see how grounded I am not in the science of Einstein.

I will be the agnostic and cynic. What do you think about that James?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

filling spaces

Post by Victoria Steele »

Mikado,

So you have volunteered then to be the resident cynic and agnostic? Great names but I am not sure that they really fit you. There are others I could volunteer too. Resident .... mystic in disquise?,

I remember my first revelation with the fact that most things are sadly named before you even get to them. I had worked out my philosophical viewpoint on the world and I was so very proud of myself actually then taken quite a few steps back when I realized that there was already a name for my devised concept. AGNOSTIC! What a shock! Then I realized that generally there are names for every thought.

And THEN I ran headlong into the public belief that if the names haven't been made yet then the thought must not be worth considering. How depressing. I can understand why then Morgan enjoyed James Joyce. That man took words and used them for his own benefit and in his own way, come hell or high water.

I don't know Mikado, I have considered you far more than those two words. Just grazing the surface/ where did the mystic go? but if you need a tatoo for each cheek to be properly seated at a round table then I guess those two will do? And the other talents can join the party later?

Don't even go with what you are considering for me. Lets see .... My Grandmother would say of me.....a Baptist wearing fancy shoes .... huh ... but she gave up on me a long long time ago, so that doesn't count!

The most important part of it all will be I think how all of the character traits blend and interact. There was a word I think for the element that causes change when other elements are combined. Whats the word? Catalyst? One bet who that might be. Victoria
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Mikado14 wrote:
Just because the epilogue says so does not necessarily mean it is so. What proof was given to Paul? None that I am aware of.
Just because the book says anything does not necessarily mean it is so. Operating on the assumption that it is so, the question is, "What are the consequences? What does it imply for us?" Then it's held in the big bag of "what if it's right?" concepts.

In my search through all the literature related to electricity and gravity, I've been sure to keep my grains of salt handy. A lot of ideas out here can't or haven't yet been proven. Many contradict each other directly. The only way to handle this body of information is to compartmentalize it into "if this, then that" ideas. We can explore those consequences without accepting or rejecting their reality, until of course we've confirmed or denied their experimental consequences. That's exactly what I've done for most of my research. With my colleagues, in the tests we're conducting, the language is always, "According to Brown, it should be...," "According to Evans, it should be..." and so on and so forth.

So, in that light, operating on the assumption that it really was Morgan who went back, the transport was corporeal. Was Twigsnapper the other man? Maybe he can tell us, since he seems to have a good picture of what happened. He's the one who told Paul.

You are free to your opinion about the reality of any time travel machine or Linda Brown's experiences, of course. I'll wait until I have real data either way. But, as a little exercise, *if* it was Morgan in 1936, then it does mean that corporeal transport into the past is possible.

At any rate, I suppose that might help us understand each other better. Most of what I write on these forums is couched in an implied, "If this is true, then..." without stating it outright. Maybe I should state it more often.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: filling spaces

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:Mikado,

So you have volunteered then to be the resident cynic and agnostic? Great names but I am not sure that they really fit you. There are others I could volunteer too. Resident .... mystic in disquise?,

I remember my first revelation with the fact that most things are sadly named before you even get to them. I had worked out my philosophical viewpoint on the world and I was so very proud of myself actually then taken quite a few steps back when I realized that there was already a name for my devised concept. AGNOSTIC! What a shock! Then I realized that generally there are names for every thought.

And THEN I ran headlong into the public belief that if the names haven't been made yet then the thought must not be worth considering. How depressing. I can understand why then Morgan enjoyed James Joyce. That man took words and used them for his own benefit and in his own way, come hell or high water.

I don't know Mikado, I have considered you far more than those two words. Just grazing the surface/ where did the mystic go? but if you need a tatoo for each cheek to be properly seated at a round table then I guess those two will do? And the other talents can join the party later?

Don't even go with what you are considering for me. Lets see .... My Grandmother would say of me.....a Baptist wearing fancy shoes .... huh ... but she gave up on me a long long time ago, so that doesn't count!

The most important part of it all will be I think how all of the character traits blend and interact. There was a word I think for the element that causes change when other elements are combined. Whats the word? Catalyst? One bet who that might be. Victoria
And what would a redhead be doing on a Saturday evening? Giving her Yorkie a bath?, but then it really is a little early where your at and the evening is young.

Words are like names, we assign them to everything. One day we put a suit on and the next we put on blue jeans and a flannel shirt and we hide behind them lest everyone will see the core, they are our armour, like a beard on the face to hide the emotion. Are we playing strip poker yet? <g>

Perhaps amalgam might be better than catalyst. The catalyst is usually chosen after the elements have been blended to achieve a desired result.

"mystic in disquise"? hmmm, my ex-wife believed in all honesty that I was not of this world and I used to ask her that if I wasn't then where was I from, all she could say was "alien?" But then she lived with me for 25 years and once she stepped through a closet door. She then created her own armour. Strange how that memory came back to me when I read your post.

I will be sure to wear my shining armour but I will leave the white steed in the paddock, just wear your fancy shoes!

Mikado
Last edited by Mikado14 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:

So, in that light, operating on the assumption that it really was Morgan who went back, the transport was corporeal. Was Twigsnapper the other man? Maybe he can tell us, since he seems to have a good picture of what happened. He's the one who told Paul..
You still haven't seen what I am saying. On one hand you state that in your research you are looking for a result that "this one or that one" said it should be. In other words, you are looking for proof.

Now along comes the statement that Morgan was in 1936 as told to Paul via Mr. Twigsnapper and we accept that as truth or some semblance of such with no "data" or results, in other words, no proof.

I am strictly looking at this as Mr. Trickfox has asked, with "Objectivity", with results. No faith, no trust in the veracity of a persons word, in other words ....."No-Thing", No Belief.....it is just so many words or just maybe a piece of dis-information.

Victoria, how about resident skeptic?

Miakdo