Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

Good idea

Post by Trickfox »

yes... in deed please stick to the dense physical when it comes to information technology.

The "soul" is a subject matter which is irrelevant to objective reality except to say that we are all connected from a Chaos/Order symetry viewpoint. That is as close to the "soul" as I choose to relate to.

Thank you.

Victoria ........."Hidden Markov Model"

Kevin....Do you trust me?

Jeez......Thank...You.... Vince White

Trickfox
James Barrett

for whatever its worth

Post by James Barrett »

I would like to say that I think I understand your meaning Mikado and I agree with you.

Trickfox, if you can not see what it is that Mikado is driving at perhaps it is important for you NOT to see it, but to concentrate on the other switch.

A matter of preference and choice. And each switch is equally important. But as Mikado has said ..... entirely different.

Perhaps you are better suited to investigate the one switch Trickfox while leaving the other behind? Why wouldn't that work in the long run? A person only has so much time and energy and must decide how to use it wisely.

The difference between the two switches just may be everything, and nothing. James
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Good idea

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:yes... in deed please stick to the dense physical when it comes to information technology.

The "soul" is a subject matter which is irrelevant to objective reality except to say that we are all connected from a Chaos/Order symetry viewpoint. That is as close to the "soul" as I choose to relate to.

Thank you.

I didn't know I was talking "information technology". I was talking about perspectives of time.

Just remember one thing, if YOU so choose to build it and YOU choose someone to pilot it, and they climb aboard and throw the switch, they will go body, mind and SOUL. Unless of course the SOUL will stay behind somehow.

If that is the case, I CHOOSE to stay behind.

That is how I choose to relate it.

Thank You

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: for whatever its worth

Post by Mikado14 »

James Barrett wrote:I would like to say that I think I understand your meaning Mikado and I agree with you.

Trickfox, if you can not see what it is that Mikado is driving at perhaps it is important for you NOT to see it, but to concentrate on the other switch.

A matter of preference and choice. And each switch is equally important. But as Mikado has said ..... entirely different.

Perhaps you are better suited to investigate the one switch Trickfox while leaving the other behind? Why wouldn't that work in the long run? A person only has so much time and energy and must decide how to use it wisely.

The difference between the two switches just may be everything, and nothing. James
Yes Mr. Barrett, you are correct. It is easier to learn the one switch than the one Mr. Trickfox is talking about.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I have thought about this and decided to post the following except:

This is for you Linda Brown,

What the engineers said is that a number of technologies that are actually in use on the B-2 were classified technologies. One of them referenced, 'T. T. Brown [Townsend Brown] Electrogravitic Patent No. 3,187, 206, specifically talking about how the B-2 electrically charges the leading edge of the wing to reduce the radar cross section. Then it negatively charges the exhaust gases to reduce the infrared signature. They also found out that a 1968 report from Northrup Grumman Corp. was that when you electrically charge the leading edge of the wing, there is a resulting drag coefficient reduction up to 60%. That could be retrofitted to the commercial airline industry, but it's not happening. And that's why the engineers came forward.

Notice the years.

And here is one more:

These were three craft measuring 24, 60 and 130 feet in diameter. They looked like a classic flying saucer, or almost like a Jell-o mold. There was an upper crew compartment that looked somewhat like a sphere with composite panels about a 35-degree angle from the centerline of the craft. The smallest craft had a crew of four that used off-the-shelf components. Now, that was very much stressed - off-the-shelf components. This was a completely manmade craft. An ejection system taken directly off the F4 Phantom was used on this particular 'Jell-o mold' craft. There were six CCD cameras along the circumference of the upper crew compartment and one on top for a total of seven (cameras). They could all be used in conjunction with each other and produce an artificial image on the inside of the pilot's visor via the Apache display system. Now, along the central column, we believe there was a nuclear containment device and an articulated arm on the lower portion of the craft and a number of copper capacitor plates that used the Biefeld-Brown effect.
[ Editor's Note: Wikipedia - The Biefeld-Brown effect is an effect that was discovered by Thomas Townsend Brown and Dr. Paul Alfred Biefeld. The effect is more widely referred to as electrohydrodynamics (EHD), or sometimes electro-fluid-dynamics, a counterpart to the well-known magneto-hydrodynamics. Extensive research was performed during the 1950s and 1960s on the use of this electric propulsion effect during the publicized era of gravity control propulsion research.

During 1964, Major De Seversky published his related work in U. S. Patent 3,130,945, and with the aim to forestall any possible misunderstanding about these devices, had termed these flying machines "ionocrafts." Similar modern flying devices are now called EHD thrusters.]

Mikado
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: Trickfox perspective

Post by Gewis »

Mikado14 wrote:Would you give a child a loaded gun?
Mikado,

What need is there for a submarine if all you need is a mind-soul ability, coordinates, and a comfy chair in a front room? The FTM was related to the high-voltage work Brown had been doing, I'm certain, and it involved corporeal transport.

Else how was Morgan to shoot, with a corporeal gun, three terrorists holding Brown captive ? Or was it purely psychic? Gifted children come with their guns loaded. :)

Did Linda psychically send postcards from several locations across the globe in close intervals, or was she corporeally present to do so? Based on what's available, I'm inclined to believe it was the latter.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
James Barrett

anybody else see this

Post by James Barrett »

Boy, the readings interesting when we delve back into mention of the old ionocraft.

And anybody else here see what I am seeing happening, or is it just me? I see the old argument developing " either/or"

Perhaps its both. Perhaps its a combination of one and the other folded in to other things not even discussed yet? Perhaps there is a sequence that has to be followed? sort of like a checklist before a rockets blastoff?

Sorry to use old terms but I was actually thinking of Desdemonas Rocket at this point and those who have kept up with the story at this know that I am talking about something a whole lot different than " brute force and awkwardness" as Dr. Brown might have said.

If things were just "mental excercises" as some might like to take them then I would not worry at all about "loaded guns", but its my impression thats not the reality. Perhaps the thought turns into the hardware .......and has to be dealt with .............with hardware.

I personally think that there must have been that easy chair AND quite a few " ejection seats" and maybe even quite a few " Oh Shit why am I here?" seats. James
James Barrett

just my impression also

Post by James Barrett »

Its just my impression ( and maybe someone else agrees) that this Forum has somehow changed or " graduated" in nature after reaching the conclusion of Pauls " virtual" book.

It just seems to me that our conclusions are not going to be the same as they were before he reached those words " THE END"

Any one else feel the same?

Its sort of like looking back over an old family album, (reading these older posts)Great fun seeing the changes in attitude (almost like watching the changing hairstyles or the model of cars in the background of that beloved family album) . I do sense a feeling of nostalgia for what you all have gone through in the past getting up to those words ..... THE END.

But its not really THE END. And I hope that Paul will realize that once he gets back from his road trip. Someone once called the Forum a "living breathing thing" and so I guess I am hoping for its continued usefulness somehow. But living things change too.

And maybe change will be in order. Perhaps there should be division of the old Forum from the one which is developing now? Using those words THE END as the dividing point?

My suggestion is to honor the Forums past but move on now into these new discussions with a clean slate knowing what will be put down now will have a decidedly different flavor and perspective . 12000 plus comments ! Quite a heritage! but also a heavy bag to carry about into the future. James
AM

Post by AM »

Thank you Griffin for correcting my typing mistake and sharing some more information about your project on describing the meeting/s between you and Dr. Brown.

What really got my attention were the following words of yours:

"In the traditional Asian martial arts and related practices, a distinction can be made between more external students and internal, in-house, closed door students, so to speak. Morgan was surely Townsend Brown's prized external student, but he also had an especially prized in-house student as well.

I will post more when I return from Hawaii in a few weeks."

Yes, you made a good analogy - in Chinese martial arts the inner-door disciples are called ru men di zi 入门弟子 or simply tu di 土弟。 I'm really interested about the prized inner-door student of Dr. Brown.

It would be fascinating to hear Ms. Brown's comment, if she chooses to make one.

As far as the time-machine is concerned the following key paragraphs made by Gewis seem very important to me:

"What need is there for a submarine if all you need is a mind-soul ability, coordinates, and a comfy chair in a front room? The FTM was related to the high-voltage work Brown had been doing, I'm certain, and it involved corporeal transport.

Did Linda psychically send postcards from several locations across the globe in close intervals, or was she corporeally present to do so? Based on what's available, I'm inclined to believe it was the latter."

Something tells me that a device for travelling through time has already been developed (at least to a certain degree). And a good indication for this is Ms. Brown sending postcards from several locations around the world in close intervals. I don't know if anyone paid attention to the following excerpt from Ms. Brown's correspondence quoted at the end of the book in the Epilogue:

"I think now that I had a fanciful dream, of a fanciful ship, with an Indian crew and a wonderful man and we ‘flew’ off to a place that had warm sand and blue water. I think it was probably a Peter Pan Adventure. But now it is daybreak and there is no evidence I ever went anywhere. So it must have been a dream."

An Indian crew! Why was it an Indian crew? Why not an American one?Now if that isn't one interesting piece of information! Perhaps Ms. Brown will be willing to comment on this.

But let me return to the time-machine. Perhaps what I am going to say now has already been extensively covered elsewhere and if so, please forgive me for repeating it all over in a different form.

I think that travelling through time is not as simple as taking a fat raccoon from your backyard putting it into the machine, pressing the button and hoping it will find it's way back come by the time you have stepped out of the shower, because it is such a clever critter (speaking of fat raccoons you must take a look at this:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/article_gallery.jsp?ID=4348)

I think that the following three elements are indispensable for travelling through time:

1. a special system of spacio-temporal co-ordinates that will make it possible for you to pinpoint the time and place you want to travel to and which will also enable you to return to your departure co-ordinates in the present. An interesting challenge: Let us say you want to discuss about rhetorics with Cicero. How will you know when and where to find him back in time? Our systems of keeping track of time (be it the Gregorian or the Mayan calendar) are relative to something and are influenced by the human component (let us just take the Gregorian calendar - it took the birth of Jesus Christ as a reference point and now according to it passed 2008 years since the birth of Jesus Christ). The universe must have it's own system of registering time and space. I doubt it is so easy that you just enter the year 1492, press the button and you are already on the side of Columbus discovering the new world. You must know how the universe keeps track of time and space.

2. a communication system making it possible to keep contact with people back home in case something goes wrong

3. the time-machine itself

As far as a system of spacio-temporal co-ordinates is concerned perhaps remote viewing may play a part in it, although I somehow feel that there is more to it. The human factor in remote viewing can occassionally make it unreliable.

Regarding the communication device I would urge everyone to please remember chapter 64. Let me quote the relevant passages:

"The Cady Report also makes one other important notation regarding the other component of Townsend Brown’s technology that was demonstrated at Pearl Harbor.

There as been briefly inspected a third electrical device, purporting to be a communication equipment operating on waves related to the electrogravitic effect….

The report then spends offers a technical description of the apparatus, finally concluding:

The relation between the communication device and the mechanical effects which form the topic of this report appears to be so remote that no further mention will be made of the former.

There are many people today who believe strongly that the communications aspect of Brown’s discoveries are infinitely more important than the propulsion applications. If so, then he was doing a bang-up job of diverting any official interest in device, in the same way that he was using a different technology to discredit the propulsion system."

And yes, I also think that the communications aspect of Dr. Brown's discoveries is infinitely more important than it seems at the first glance.

The post is again too long and I should better finish.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geoff
Space Cadet

Post by Geoff »

AM wrote:
"An Indian crew! Why was it an Indian crew? Why not an American one?"
An Apache Indian crew perhaps.
Geoff
AM

Post by AM »

Thank you for the reminder, Geoff. I should really have considered that.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

If North American, I'll throw in my vote for Cherokee... :)
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

AM wrote:There are many people today who believe strongly that the communications aspect of Brown’s discoveries are infinitely more important than the propulsion applications.
And yes, I also think that the communications aspect of Dr. Brown's discoveries is infinitely more important than it seems at the first glance.

A.
Give that man a cigar...... because he just hit the nail on the head.

Physical teleportation is of no consequence unless the mystery behind "Shannon's communication theory" is resolved and the "system" is understood.

The turtle seen sitting on the fencepost as you drive by....... The Black cat reapeatedly seen turning the corner......The hiccup...... The digit before the three in the number of PI. (there are only 8 out of ten possibilities)

THE SEQUENCY.......THE INTERVAL........OF OBJECTIVE REALITY.

1+i=" "

it's all in the BRANE of Clifford Space.

Trickfox
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Trickfox wrote:
AM wrote:There are many people today who believe strongly that the communications aspect of Brown’s discoveries are infinitely more important than the propulsion applications.

A.

Physical teleportation is of no consequence unless the mystery behind "Shannon's communication theory" is resolved and the "system" is understood.

The turtle seen sitting on the fencepost as you drive by....... The Black cat reapeatedly seen turning the corner......The hiccup...... The digit before the three in the number represented by the symbol PI. (there are only 8 out of ten possibilities)
http://www.super-computing.org/pi_current.html

1+i=" "

Trickfox
Trickfox
The Magician

Do you trust me Kevin?

Post by Trickfox »

Trickfox wrote:
Trickfox wrote:

A.

The turtle seen sitting on the fencepost as you drive by....... The Black cat reapeatedly seen turning the corner......The hiccup...... The digit before the three in the number represented by the symbol PI. (there are only 8 out of ten possibilities)
http://www.super-computing.org/pi_current.html

1+i=" "

Trickfox
Do you trust me Kevin?