NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
James Barrett

read the book

Post by James Barrett »

I've been wondering how long it will be now before this " presentation" of the books " virtual image" will vanish in front of our eyes?

Paul, you say the you are coming to a close. So will the " Internet Book" as you have offered it , go all the way to " the end"? And once it does that, how long will it stay available to the forum? Will you drop the link to the chapters? Or will they stay up for a certain length of time?

I would understand if negotiations are already underway with a publisher ( or will be soon.) Its the rational next step. And what will that publisher require? You might actually draw one that is going to develop the screaming meamies knowing so much of the story is sitting out here on public view. Or will they consider it a continuing benefit?

Going to be an interesting next phase. I am looking forward to seeing "the end "to this virtual book, though I know the actual work will be far from ended.

For all of those who have just glanced over what has been offered here I would not take it for granted. As Trickfox has said. Time to read the book. JDB
Trickfox
The Magician

News and the score

Post by Trickfox »

OK......So........ Spysat=0, and missle shoot down=1

American embassy break-in over there in Belgrade

oh,..... and two more little things.

Can you guess?

OK ....well James Barrett is right "Time to read the book"

Right here right now!
Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

I heard a good one this morning. If every American citizen pulled out two $1 bills and torched them it would about represent the total cost of putting the satellite up there that didn't work and the elaborate publicity driven "shoot down" mil-opera we were all privileged to watch...and to what purpose ?

flow.... :roll:
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

To prove to someone that we can do it.

One then wonders, proving to whom?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

slight modifications they say.....

No matter what rhetoric is said it still shows that an Anti-Satellite system is viable and you can bet the farm that, as Morgan would say, that an agenda was done.

The Chinese are not fools.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I just found this "above top secret," "highly classified" photo on the internet, of one of the latest stealth-type aircraft.

But, how does one find the on/off switch ?

Hmmmm..... :wink:

Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

on/off switch

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

The Chinese are not the only ones that might be too smart for this.

Ya hafta ask yourself.......

Do you think that the NRO would actually put a unit ( highly sensitive and classified, as all of their birds generally are) into a mission without an " off " button which could destroy it in case of possible failure ? I believe that it would have been armed with such a thing. They would not be properly protecting the security of our classified " stuff" if it did not carry such a device ..............

Which leads me to wonder..... what actually destroyed it.? The missile? or its own little well placed explosion?

And if that was the case, why the big hoopla about " shooting it down?" other than the fact that it might make some situations look awfully good .... Star Wars technology. But by using a missile that wasn't even designed for that job particularly. And this is supposed to impress?

Of course I have grown accustomed to looking for the other story under
the rock..... and also for sniffing out red herrings and I think I smell one here. Just my personal opinion. Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Thanks everyone

Post by Trickfox »

I wanted to thank everyone who submitted the rules for the FTM rule book.

I'm watching {the hitchhiker's guide to the universe} on tv right now and I can see that we could go on for years adding more rules.

The start/Stop button seems to be the main key feature.

In less than 90 days they are going to turn the LHC on at CERN and maybe we will find the "G-D Particle".
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/ ... nbach-text

Kevin...you will understand "this read" and I'll bet you will even appreciate it. Be aware that many in this forum will certainly appreciate the optimism of cooperating mathematician and engineers who build internet, cellphones, and the means by which we have all become friends from the US, Canada, England, Autralia, and a host of other areas.

All I know is that perhaps finally we will find out exactly how to control the unknown and perform a hiccup.

It it's true and we find the "Higgs" then perhaps we will have found the start/stop button too.

Anyone want to speculate about our chances?

You know....over the past twenty or so years, -people have lied to me and tried to divert my attention away from achieving an important task.

somehow I understand this manipulation was necessary just so that I could get to this point in my life.

I am very happy to have made friends like all of you.

Not once have any of you outright stopped me or try to stop me from
dreaming.......and perhaps bringing this dream to reality.

Maybe......finding the start/stop button is a deeply profound personal task and each of us will have to learn how to use it (OR NOT USE IT).

I don't worry about that part any more.

All I know now..........is that I will MAKE IT.

Just watch me!
Trickfox
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: on/off switch

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Which leads me to wonder..... what actually destroyed it.? The missile? or its own little well placed explosion?
What if the whole story just happens to be true, because they could not get any of the laws of physics to work in an effort to SIGNAL the self destruct command to the remote satellite after launch. A very heavy EMP burst would have been capable of destroying all radio commands thereby cutting off telemetry.
So far the story seams plausible, and we get to cooperate with the Chinese and make them feel good about their world leadership in saber-rattling.

If it get people talking, and it looks like the UFOs are NOT imvolved..then I say
Welcome to another day without world war.

Jumping Trickfox
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: Thanks everyone

Post by Gewis »

Trickfox wrote:
It it's true and we find the "Higgs" then perhaps we will have found the start/stop button too.

Anyone want to speculate about our chances?

All I know now..........is that I will MAKE IT.

Just watch me!
Trickfox
If I were a betting man, I'd put money down saying they get no Higgs detection.

Trickfox, I'll make you a deal. If I beat you to it, I'll give you a job and fill you in on the details. If you beat me to it, then you can return the favor. Maybe Andrew wants to jump in?
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Love to...I'd definitely be in...

That said, have you seen the "in the pipeline" projects at http://www.qualight.com/research.htm ?

It's a short-list of the projects Raymond and we are looking at that are just from Raymond's area of expertise. That particular project isn't on there yet, but Raymond won't usually mention something on the forums unless he's given it a lot of thought, so who knows what he's figured out.
Last edited by Chris Knight on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
James Barrett

room temperature

Post by James Barrett »

Magic words, of course. Room temperature. Congratulations Andrew if only half of these things come to fruition. But this comment caught my attention.

"Qualight Systems is currently pursuing several promising avenues of research discovered accidentally during research involving high-K dielectric additives. Current results appear to indicate that room-temperature superconductive properties may be achievable using low-level technology easily adaptible to mass-production."

Discovered accidentally? Ah! Perhaps. Or perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time and you were the right person with the right team? JDB
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Perhaps so - "may be achievable" is the key word there, but anomalous data for sure. I was surprised to find out how little rudimentary knowledge is available regarding certain aspects of superconducting materials. We'll see how it turns out.

And of course, we always keep in mind the quote:
"If I have seen further [than certain other men] it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
Definitely always true.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental

kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Chris knight,
When you manage to make some of this superconducting materials, if you have a couple of offcuts I would love to make a pair of dowsing rods out of them.
I have some made from carbon fibre, and they are super sensitive.

I consider that the materials used from thousands of years ago should be examined again with this requirement in mind, especially the Egyptians.

It is nobodies fault if things are not recognised, when no knowledge of the capability is understood.
And our heads are filled with the preconditioned thoughts that our ancestors were cavemen, instead of considering that they may well have been far more advanced than we are now.

By the way, looking at Egypt, notice the feathers, have you tested feathers?
A clue may have been left with a peacock raid, each feather is very detectable.
The eagle soars high.

What we really need is a time machine to nip about a little and simply observe.
Kevin
fibonacci is king