Gifts of the Season

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Gifts of the Season

Post by twigsnapper »

I guess I am feeling a little guilty that I am not slugging through icy snow drifts right now. And the only concern I seem to have is keeping my drink cold, I have been thinking alot about some of you here on this forum, knowing that its been a difficult week probably with the weather.

I can remember.

But gifts of this type have different ways of manifesting themselves and I always like to think of the springtime and the good pasture grass and all of the things that a good snowfall in the winter mean.

I found this little message I posted quite some time ago and I thought there might be some of you who would enjoy it. Maybe your " birthday" gifts have come true for some of you. Perhaps some of you are still waiting.

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3105#p3105

There are some out there who celebrate their birthday during this holiday season too. I always sort of think of Morgan during this time. Not fair to have been born on Christmas. No matter how you cut it the little kid always gets sort of " combined" gifts. But this gives me an excuse to post this old message while I am thinking of all of you and wishing you well. There are many I have not mentioned by name . Perhaps I will make up some new questions for you all later this year.

I wish you all a wonderful and safe holiday twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Re: Gifts of the Season

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

You might look more closely at this thread. Mercury is mentioned and now that you are a little more familiar you might see something that you missed the first time. Your move.

And Paul. Didn't you yourself use a quote from Socrates? Going by memory and you know how fallible that is ... but does this look familiar?
" God takes away the minds of these men and uses them as his ministers" twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Merry Christmas Mr. Twigsnapper

Thank you for your concern, and it's true we are being burried up here. I will have to be up at 6:00 Am tomorrow morning to dig myself out so that I can get to my treatment. Fortunaly my neighnor has asked me to wake him up because he wants to help me out. The young man (my neighbor) just got out of drug detox and he's looking for guidance and a purpose in life. I started to talk to him about joining up with the Canadian forces. He seems open to it and I hope he stays clean for a while because he is ready for a change, and I think he just needs to get out of this small town culture and go out there and see the world.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

The following is an excerpt of a post I made two years ago:
https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3823#p3823
Mikado wrote:Paul, I went to a Farmers market tonight, I almost purchased your Christmas present, I realized that it was only 1/16th scale....it was a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.

Elizabeth, Trickfox and Mark, books..old books...so many.. I found an old text book that I had 30 years ago, almost bought it. Nothing like the smell of those old friends.

And last but not least, Mr. Twigsnapper. What would I have gotten for you? I saw so many things but two stood out, the first was a beautiful hand carved chess set on a wooden base but something caught my eye, it was something called an Irish walking stick, all bent and twisted, may you never need one except to show.....class.

To everyone else, you too Grinder et al

Peace

Best to everyone,

Mikado
Mr. Twigsnapper, you mention gifts. And when will the old Mikado meet a younger man with gifts? I went and reread the thread that you speak of. Have I come so far? I feel like I have been driving along the turnpike and just realized that quite a few miles have passed and I don't remember it happening.
Mr. Twigsnapper wrote:Mikado,

You might look more closely at this thread. Mercury is mentioned and now that you are a little more familiar you might see something that you missed the first time. Your move.
After the above statement, how far do I dare take that? An older gentleman with a slight cough and wearing a brown leather jacket, standing at a door with a satchel and accompanied by two others. One taller and one shorter...should I tell you what they are wearing? Or would that be what they were wearing? Depends on a point of view.

As to Mercury, there appears to be more than one. However, I further suppose that Mercury was constantly being given information to carry forth by the gods for his job was never ending. The question I have is, did Mercury transcend time?

Now, back to the gifts. I never did get you that walking stick or the hand carved chess set but I see we are still having that same game, I must admit, I forgotten whose move it was. Why is it that you can make a move with very few words but I must ramble on in a feeble attempt to make a move? Anyway, a while ago you said "Thank You" to me, actually, I should be saying it, for out of it all, I received the gift, the gift of a "big" sister and as you know, little brothers always do what their big sister wants.

I say again to you, may you never need the walking stick except for....class.

Mikado

PS- For what it is worth, I saw the little girl again and she is still smiling...I should mention that there was lace on her dress this time....white.
Last edited by Mikado14 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: I guess I am feeling a little guilty that I am not slugging through icy snow drifts right now. And the only concern I seem to have is keeping my drink cold, I have been thinking alot about some of you here on this forum, knowing that its been a difficult week probably with the weather.

I can remember.

No disrespect but you are rubbing it in.....<g>
twigsnapper wrote: Perhaps I will make up some new questions for you all later this year.
You do realize that now I will not be able to sleep in anticipation of what you will be laying on the table.....God I hate when you do this. For over two years I watch your posts and anticipate your moves....ok, I'll shutup now.......I'll wait until you post...<g>

Now, on to gifts,

Over this past weekend I became pensive about this season. I thought about gift giving and what it means. We all give gifts everyday, we just don't realize it. About ten days ago on a rainy Thursday night, Kim and I were on our way home after dropping off our favorite rabbit at the baby sitter. We did this for we were going away for the weekend and rabbits don't tend to fare well on their own, especially gargantuan 30 lb Flemish giant ones. As we were driving along the highway which parallels the Schuylkill River, we came upon a car that went off the road and into a tree. There were three cars, the first car just went around and continued on, the second car, the driver got out and went to the wreck but his passenger stayed in the car, the third car was Kim and I and we pulled over in front of the wreck and we both got out and went to the wreck. Within was a grandmother and in the backseat was her grandson who was going into the early stages of shock. I opened the drivers door and kneeled in the rain to check her out and Kim got into the backseat with the young boy. I won't go on with the details but in retrospect after the accident I thought that it was a perfect example of the different types of people. You have the first car which are those that don't want to get involved but certainly want to see what all is going on, the second type are those that will stop and want to do the right thing but just don't. Then there was Kim and I who didn't care about the rain. The price for Kim is that she is now suffering from bronchitis. I am proud of her for the way she helped the child to overcome his fear and shock of the accident. She gave a gift and doesn't realize it. So many of us here have probably done the same.

What does this have to do with this thread? As I said, we all always give gifts but does anyone here ever get the chance to sit on Santa's lap and ask for a gift?

Perhaps that is what is needed, a time to be self serving or simply put, a bit selfish. Maybe we deserve to ask for a gift and then, maybe we will only get coal but it never hurts to ask.

You started this thread Mr Twigsnapper so why don't you be the first to tell us what you want? You already know what my selfish desire is but what is yours?

And my best to you as well,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Interesting thoughts on things wrapped in red bows. When you reach my age you will discover that the major joy you will find is when you see others reach their dreams , or win their justice ... or are somehow " vindicated" as LongBoardLovely said of Andrew. I could answer your question in hundreds of ways. Each one as different as my best hopes for each of those dear people could be.

I hope you realize Mikado that a sister is the one thing that Morgan wished for the most and never could go back to save. For you to find one now is indeed a special miracle.
PersonallyI just want to still be around for this wild party that I hear is going to be held on some isolated islands beach, someday soon! I'm working on my tan and saving my strength and looking forward to it very much.

Its rough work you know. Preparing for such a thing! Ah! but there I go again, rubbing it in!

Someone once promised that the water around that island would be like looking through 80 feet of clear gin ... and I am holding him to that vision!

Best to all of you. twigsnapper
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

We had a beautiful Solstice gathering down here in the navel of the basin and made many new friends. One of them in particular made me think of you, Mr. T, when he told me he served in the British army during World War II.

My Christmas wish is for a quick recovery from this disastrous economic period that is affecting so many. May we all be together on that glorious beach some time soon.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Mr. FM,

Thanks for the greeting and the same to you, however, what would you ask for if you sat upon Santa's lap?

Mikado
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Beautiful card! Thankyou so much Fred.

And Mikado, allhough the question of " what would you ask Santa?" is not directed at me , I have my own personal answer to share. And in a way its my own personal card to all of you!

When I was a very little kid I had a dream. Like alot of my dreams it was VERY specific. Even down to the sounds around me and the smell of pinetrees in the background. I was looking across a lake .... not a very big one and thererwas a dirt road following the shoreline. Pine trees and some hardwoods were on the hillside beyond and it was a beautiful day ... sometime in the very early summer. It was not hot though.. actually sort of brisk... .... I heard an odd sort of sound .... a rythmic ching ching ching ching... and into my vision came a white pony pulling a little black road gig. The lady driving that rig had silver hair ... her lap robe was dark plumb color and it matched the pinstripping on the gig. She was wearing gloves and a hat that had a small brim. That pony was really moving along and a handsome pace .... and I watched them go with some sort of awe that I had never felt before.

Now. The question has always been for me .... Is that my Great Grandmother" Certainly not my Grandmother on either side .... or .... is it me sometime in the future? I honestly don't know. A snow colored pony would not be my first pick in the horseworld ... EVER... because I know about upkeep! So I doubt that I would choose that little thing... so the question remains.... and I quess where I am going with this .... which has always been my answer .... "I want a pony". Mr. Twigsnapper has said in the past that others can ask what they want of Santa but the pony is " reserved". So maybe I have a chance after all.
P.S. Santa .... I have tried ( not always sucessfully) to be a very good girl and my hair is turning silver now! <g> Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mikado14 wrote:Mr. FM,

Thanks for the greeting and the same to you, however, what would you ask for if you sat upon Santa's lap?

Mikado
I would ask him for guidance, for spreading love and peace throughout the world, not just during this season of solstice, but throughout the year.

Merry Christmas to all, may love be you guide and peace follow your path.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

A literary reference, paraphrased --

God (The Source of the Force) bless us, every one.

And a Happy New Year of the Earth Ox -- steady as she goes.

As ever,

Griffin
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Mr. FM,

Mikado
I would ask him for guidance, for spreading love and peace throughout the world, not just during this season of solstice, but throughout the year.

Merry Christmas to all, may love be you guide and peace follow your path.
Mr. FM, I originally asked the following:
Mikado wrote:Perhaps that is what is needed, a time to be self serving or simply put, a bit selfish. Maybe we deserve to ask for a gift and then, maybe we will only get coal but it never hurts to ask.

You started this thread Mr Twigsnapper so why don't you be the first to tell us what you want? You already know what my selfish desire is but what is yours?
If that is really your truly selfish desire ok for that is what I was asking.

Oh, and today as I was purchasing a gift for my father, I told the woman I was going to be politically incorrect....I said Merry Christmas to her and she responded in kind!....same to you too Mr. Fred.

Mikado
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Post by ladygrady »

I love being able to say "Merry Christmas"

I think there is plenty of room for that sort of "political incorrectness" here in this country, thanks to many men and women this night who have spent it away from their families.
Theres an old Mamas and Papas song I think sung by Cass that comes to mind here. "dream a little dream of me" The phrase " Birds singing in the sycamore trees" comes to mind and the chirp of a Blackhawk,its all pretty much the same thing sometimes.

And Paul, consider this a note slipped under your door for future reference and use perhaps. Its from a speech given by Mr Hall (DRNRO) in March of 2000. Perhaps now some of these words will make more sense to someone. Need a better link? That sir, is above my paygrade! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.... all that.

"Our space-based communications systems continue evolution towards Air Expeditionary Force and Joint Vision 2010 operations based on seamless movement of information to joint warfighters in any theater of operations around the globe. The mix of MILSATCOM systems being acquired by the Air Force for DoD provides responsive and flexible connectivity with a range of services from high survivability to wide-band capacity to one-way broadcast. These systems meet the DoD MILSATCOM Architecture as validated by the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC)

I would wonder perhaps what ""Reachback and "Joint Vision 2010" have in common?

grady
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

A VERY small gift... to be understood much later perhaps. You can shake it all you want! <g> It will unfold when you need it. The guy still doesn't know who he is, but he will step up when the time is right, remember Paul?

http://www.nro.gov/speeches/sppo3-8.html
twigsnapper