LITTLE GREEN MEN ????

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: LITTLE GREEN MEN ????

Post by greggvizza »

I cant be 100% certain but I thought that Beam ship Captain was Russell Anderson. He is the car salesman of electrogravity. There is nothing wrong with that either. He has always tried to be ahead of the curve, so when warp drive are finally available he will be marketing them first. It is actually a good thing. Sales was always my weakest point which makes for very poor business income.

GV
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Linda Brown wrote: Lets see. Devon Horse Show is in the spring..... Linda
You can count me in! I'll be they guy in the red Phillies World Series Champion baseball cap.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Fred,

Stay tuned on that. Sounds like a great idea. Anybody else? Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Where??

Post by Mikado14 »

Devon...where is that?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: Where??

Mikado14 wrote:Devon...where is that?
Main Line West.
Image Devon Horse Show
The Devon Horse Show Grounds are located in Devon, Pennsylvania about 30 minutes northwest of Philadelphia on Route 30. The Show can be easily accessed through public transportation. The SEPTA R5 Paoli Local stops in Devon just across the street from the show grounds, the SEPTA bus stop is within walking distance. You may also access the grounds by car, although parking is very limited.
Last edited by FM No Static At All on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

FM No Static At All wrote:
Main Line West.
Main Line west? ......Isn't that were all the Mercedes and BMW's etc usually are?

Actually, I thought it was Devo for the longest time when travelling on 202.

(someone painted over the "n"..)

<G>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Mikado14 wrote:
FM No Static At All wrote:
Main Line West.
Main Line west? ......Isn't that were all the Mercedes and BMW's etc usually are?
Actually, I thought it was Devo for the longest time when travelling on 202.
(someone painted over the "n"..)
<G>
Mikado
Just "whipped" that one up one clever moment? :roll:

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All

Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Thanks Gregg for this :

"I cant be 100% certain but I thought that Beam ship Captain was Russell Anderson. He is the car salesman of electrogravity"

And he lives in Devon , still? I wonder? If this is true I certainly like to meet the car salesman of electrogravity. Certainly. Perhaps he likes other types of horsepower? The end of May when the Horse Show is in full swing ( as I remember) the activities sort of take over the town and its grand fun. If you like horses of course.

Yes indeed. Main Line West. The bigger classes of course are held during the last part of the week and if you are interested in difficult show jumping courses .... Devon can provide them.

So, Russell Anderson? Are you reading this? Meet you at the rail? Look for the guy with the red ball Phillies ball cap and we should have plenty to talk about, besides horses.

And Gregg, Would it be far by rail, speaking of rails!

And Mikado, its a fair too. If its not just a "horse fair" Maybe Neva could take a blue or two? Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Linda Brown wrote: The end of May when the Horse Show is in full swing ( as I remember) the activities sort of take over the town and its grand fun. If you like horses of course. of course......(forgive me..I couldn't resist and I wanted to beat Paul to the punch)

And Mikado, its a fair too. If its not just a "horse fair" Maybe Neva could take a blue or two? I have to think about that one, you see, he doesn't like saddles too much because Kim always rides him bareback....(now I'm in trouble)
Can you tell Ms Brown that I am in one of those moods? Oh, and as for dark fluid, I was already to go into that and explain that I like mine white with cranberry sauce, whole cranberries that is but I decided not to go into it....oops, I think I might have just done that...

Mikado
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

Linda Brown wrote:And Gregg, Would it be far by rail, speaking of rails!
By rail……from Pittsburgh? I would guess it would be about 8 hours by rail from Pittsburgh, through the allegheney mountains. It is a 6 hour drive by car at highway speeds. I always think of PA as two states, the Philly PA and the Pittsburgh PA. Where I live is only one hour from Ohio, one hour from West Virginia and one hour from western Maryland, but 6 hours from Philadelphia, the only thing we have in common with Philadelphia is our license plate.

GV
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

greggvizza wrote:By rail……from Pittsburgh? I would guess it would be about 8 hours by rail from Pittsburgh, through the allegheney mountains. It is a 6 hour drive by car at highway speeds. I always think of PA as two states, the Philly PA and the Pittsburgh PA. Where I live is only one hour from Ohio, one hour from West Virginia and one hour from western Maryland, but 6 hours from Philadelphia, the only thing we have in common with Philadelphia is our license plate.
GV
I have made that trip several times driving through to the Ohio side and down through the West Virginia panhandle to Newell and Chester, WV. Rode at Waterford, now called Mountaineer Park. Used to have lots of industry on both sides of the Ohio River in those days. Not very far from the Shippingsport Nuclear plant.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All

greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

FM,

Yep, I am familiar with all of those places, that describes my side of the state.

I am not sure why but, all of southwestern PA is one big giant horse ranch. Everywhere I drive are massive stables. These don’t seem to be normal folk stuff though, the barns look like luxury hotels with landscaped lawns and winding circular driveways, Some are all marble and granite looking with chandeliers, like the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and others are Spanish looking with all inlaid ceramic tiles. All for the horses. The horses are living better than I am.

They changed the name of the Shippingsport nuke plant to Beaver Valley 1 and 2. A little history; that original Shippingsport plant was the first commercial nuclear plant in the world.
GV