Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 am

Martin,

Perhaps you are right I actually have no understanding and so-called " treaties" do not achieve much.

I have some American Indian friends who like you do, not put much stock in "treaties " either.

" You said " And I doubt that all your words show any change, especially for one who can not grasp the concept of possible linking above"
referring to the linkage between particle physics and mystical ideas and concepts.

I am sure that I cannot grasp something that is meaningless and devoid of compassion any more that you could grasp the concept of a progressive global treaty for global development, which was also seen from your side as being meaningless and devoid of compassion.

What surprises me here is the depth of the denunciations. I had indeed thought that those with whom I communicated were sympathetic towards me, but in fact it is obvious that although some appearances might have given that impression, it must have been quite a long time ago that I fell out of favor. Otherwise why the reason for the sudden turn around, something disturbing or inappropriate that I said to trick fox, that would have been better left unsaid. I do not think so.

I think it might be because even more appealing than the space policy topic is the opportunity to shred me up , please note that I have never in any way at all criticized any of the forum, or anything they have written to me for whatever reason. But now, suddenly I am totally available for all types of heavy-handed criticism. Why? Because you did not like what I was saying, that is not only what you had told me. Forum members had also said that this was a worthwhile idea and a conversation worth having, yes and even you had said something similar, wishing luck and so on . .

I have never jumped on a person and told them how idiotic, stupid and meaningless they are, not in this way, not ever, and I do not intend to start now .


Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby kevin.b » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 am

Amalie,
I would like to send you a big hug , across this strange system, and admire the way you stand up for your passion.
Mikado 14, is though someone I have gained a huge respect for, and we sure have had our own little ding dongs at times, but as usual He's right.
slow down Neddy, and let what you desire find you, Dr Browns passion for space will dovetail right into yours, I am sure, if you let it.
I try desperately not to go on too much about dowsing, it becomes annoying when out of place, if you knew how much I have written and then deleted on here on that subject, but respect has eased me back, especially for Linda Brown.
A strange friendship has developed across this forum, so Linda's response about a soapbox was not just about the one post, but more about that friendship that is underpinning this site.
I have only ever met Geoff who lives here in the UK, though perhaps I have met others?
There's ever so much to really discover yet about Dr brown, and you will be amazed how the strangest little thing sparks off and leads to so many other avenues, it has helped me with my passion ever so much, but the people here have added most.
So BIG hug's , and go with the flow.
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: oxon, england

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

Well spoken Andrew.

But apparently will fall on deaf ears.

Nooooo.... maybe there is hope Amalie if you will just listen to the Navigator here. " Slow down Neddy".

Your passion and enthusiasm for your ideas on your Space Treaty. All that fire can be like a fine thoroughbred Neddy. (Please don't take offense to me associating you with a horse. Those who know me know that horses are one of the great loves of my life.) But a thoroughbred with all kinds of speed and promise, untrained, unwilling to rate itself in a race, simply throws all of its talent away before that race and does what old timers call .... " Washes out". The fine animal works itself into such a lather that it can not hear the wise pleadings of its breeder, trainer, jockey, even the well wishes of the crowd. It hears nothing and in the end ... can do nothing ... and all of that great promise and talent turns to nothing but sweat, not action. So PLEASE listen to us Neddy. Slow down.

You have great promise and great races to win, but it can not be done all at once. My best wishes. Linda
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby Mark Culpepper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

This is an early morning discussion indeed.

Amalie, Look around. You think that you are going to get any better treatment for your ideas than here on this Forum? I have watched you prattle on about your program and make statements which are contradictory and then fall back into the defensive position of the whine most teachers recognize " Why is everybody picking on me?" My advice, which you haven't asked for, I know ..... is simply ....GET OVER IT......GROW UP.

You are going to run into far tougher critics than we choose to be if you continue on our course. You said............

"I hope that the actual reason you have rejected my overtures is because you do not feel my personality is an appropriate one for the task .
That would be a far more acceptable reason , than because you did not feel that the US space policy topic had no applicability or relevance towards your more scientific and mystical forum themes "

WHAT? Better for your personality to be at fault than your program being faulty? This is an issue that you will need to resolve for yourself.

You have scanned over the story of Townsend Brown and only seen what is on the surface and that is alright, I expect many will do that. But if you had spent some time you would understand that there is quite a depth of discussion here ongoing and most of it is not at all concerned with the lifes passion that you find yourself overpowered by. We are not slighting you. We just have other things to talk about. A Space Treaty is not top on our list. For you to barge in here and then whine that we are not giving your thoughts the time and protection they need is .... childish....

And that is the sum of the barbs I intend to throw at you. Interpret them however you see fit. Kevin gave you good advice, Linda too. You are not among enemies here but I at least here do have the obligation to simply call on you at this point to simply GROW UP.

MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:02 am

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Amalie,

I will answer you from your message in the locked thread.


Amalies's PM wrote: I don't care who has VISIONS, you or anyone else can have as many as you like, feel free to go right ahead. But that is not how or why this job will get done, it will get done because of a practical and decisive initiative that fits the needs and underlying momentum of the current overall situation.

Your capitalization of the word "vision" speaks out loudly. Individuals have visions, I have visions and of those, some I follow and some I don't. As to the balance of the above statement - more wordsmithing of the same. You should remember, take a look around at all that man has created, good and bad, it all started out as a vision, even your ISST. Can you not see why I said myopic after the above statement?

I won't comment on Marjorie Zamora and her ability to topple governments.(Oops...I suppose I just did)
Amalies's PM wrote: Global domination agendas, it is very heavy stuff and it is very dangerous.

Global domination - In reading the proposed treaty on your website (Yes, I did indulge in reading the document in it's entirety), that is the conclusion I came up with. I see the beginning of a New World Government, all journeys start with a first step. I will not go into all that is said in your document, however, at one point I believe I cut and pasted an excerpt from it. I for one will keep my feet planted on this.
Amalies's PM wrote: (that might even turn out to mean working with the Republicans, which would be a very direct route into the hawks nest)

Yes, those "nasty" Republicans. Whether you know it or not, that statement tells me more about you than you realize. At least most on here know that I despise both sides, maybe not the Libertarians, can't stand the Green party..oh yeah, keep the politics out of the forum. My bad...
Amalies's PM wrote: There are people who will want to stop this change from happening, not because they actually do not want it to happen, but because they do not want to that kind of co-operative style, they do not wish to see a team effort. Sociopath loners like that will readily take all your scattered intellectual energies, appropriate them, turn them around and then represent themselves as being the motivating agents for change.

If you truly wanted to see the ISST implemented for the good of Humanity then why should it bother you as to who/whom takes the credit? Unless of course it is about you.
Amalies's PM wrote: You are right about the job title, I am even designing a uniform for the ISST work force.

Aren't you ahead of yourself? .....anyone have any ideas on the uniform to be worn by those that operate the FTM? You worry more about the mule going blind instead of loading the wagon.
Amalies's PM wrote: No sorry, Last I heard was Kevin was dreaming about red blood worms something to do with mosquito's eggs, which I told him were actually latent mental potentials or bindu's (points of origination) manifesting as red blood worms, because of the causative conditions . How do you expect me to think about anything in a logical way any more.

Bloodworms are the larvae of the Midge and they do not bite as adults or feed. As to you thinking logical, well, I believe you need to drop back, take a few breaths and rethink your position. The problem is, you are at a point where you are being consummed by your own creation. I also do not believe that anything kevin mentioned detracts from any logic you might possess it is nothing more than an excuse.
Amalies's PM wrote: I have no money though, so if blasting ISST "full on" requires me to travel around film studios in order to be interviewed and stuff like that, it would be difficult for me unless there was some way of getting a few expenses, via your NPO perhaps or is that being set up for something other cause, I could be on your NPO payroll as a consultant which is totally legal. Why don't you just tell me WHAT you are up to? The suspense is deadly.

Now you are selling yourself as a consultant but with no educational background (your own admission) to justify the title. You are an activist, plain and simple. Someone who has a vision, even though you don't care about them, of the peaceful utilization of space for the benefit of humanity. Be careful of the sarcasm for that can be deadly to your objectives.
Amalies's PM wrote:I think ISST Corporation would be the biggest one eve, big enough even to run the entire planet!

Now what does that statement say? And you want to be the one to run it? And megalomania doesn't come to mind?
You fail to realize that any treaty will need to be enforced at times, I have mentioned this before. Who will enforce the treaty?

There are more problems here on Terra Firma that need to be addressed before the document that I read on your website should even be considered by any nation on this planet. The nations of Earth need to learn to play together in peace, on the planet, before they can proceed into the cosmos, even if that cosmos is in the immediate sky above. However, I do believe that some treaties are necessary and should be implemented and not all of your ideas are bad, but to encompass all of it into one document would be like driving an 8 penny nail with a sledge - it gets the job done but it sure will damage all around it. I further believe that the UN would be more of the place to be bringing any mention of a Space Treaty to light and not the United States Congress. Let all the nations of the world hear it and take it back to their countries and truly make it a document of the world.

And now this:
Amalies answer to Martin wrote: What surprises me here is the depth of the denunciations. I had indeed thought that those with whom I communicated were sympathetic towards me, but in fact it is obvious that although some appearances might have given that impression, it must have been quite a long time ago that I fell out of favor. Otherwise why the reason for the sudden turn around, something disturbing or inappropriate that I said to trick fox, that would have been better left unsaid. I do not think so.!

I do not denunciate you. I am making an informed decision for as I stated, I have read all on your website. That document scares the "shit" out of me. My decision is not based on anything inappropriate that you might have said to Trickfox, it is based only what you have said and what you have written.

I am now weary of all this, I have spoke my peace, I will speak no more of this. I wish you personal luck but as far as ISST on it's face value, I do not.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: Somewhere in Pennsy

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect & his views of space

Postby htmagic » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Amalie,

I have been staying out of the Space Policy thread as I reasoned that although Dr. Brown was concerned about launch gear and the current delivery methods to loft satellites and people into orbit, Dr. Brown reasoned he had a better solution to the problem. If you read his notebooks which are freely available, you'd know that.

When you came into this forum, you were greeted warmly and enthusiastically for your exuberance and willingness to participate. But it became obvious that you did not wish to study Dr. Brown and his accomplishments. If you read through his notebooks, you'd learn how Dr. Brown was disappointed in the funding being spent on conventional (and dangerous) rocket technology. Amalie, those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it. I think folks have tried to be patient with you and I even offered to help pull together a PowerPoint presentation as I stated in a PM to you. But you supplied nothing for me to pull together. So I drove on and am involved in other activities. Just as the other forum members are involved in other interests. Trickfox has many plates up in the air, all spinning just like we used to watch on the Ed Sullivan show. To pull him away on other interests would dilute his involvement in his current activities.

As for the ISST, I reviewed the Treaty and saw a bunch of thoughts on the treaty but no real plans on implementation or even a bulletized list of goals for the program. We know from reading Paul's book that some of Dr. Brown's technology went very, very black. It was suppressed for a reason to provide what I believe the following:
    1. Military superiority
    2. Commercial superiority
    3. Homeland security (don't want this technology in the wrong hands)
Just to name a few. Getting into space is for the very rich, not the average person, using today's publicly-available technology. Only Governments or large corporations can afford to launch missiles. It is these entities that you wish to control with your treaty. And I'll ask a simple question that was asked before and I'd appreciate a simple answer (and not a 10 page diatribe to wade through): Why should they conform to your treaty? Why should they change what they're doing now? As far as I'm concerned, if I were them I'd have no reason to change unless you offered me some advantages like saving money (but ISST will not save money and will create more work, requiring additional funding to ensure compliance, etc.). Who's going to pay for this, the taxpayer? Not with my tax dollars! I spent enough and have no more to give. I think the Government is wasting too much already and if it were up to me I'd abolish several wasteful departments including the Department of Energy (what good has DOE done, slap energy stickers on refrigerators or pour money into useless hot fusion technology?), FAA, FCC, etc.

Look at history and you'll see Government control isn't necessarily the best bang for the buck. The Government spent well over $50,000 to produce a working airplane but it was 2 bicycle mechanics that got the job done for around $3000 of their own money. Not only that, did they patent the technology? No, they made it publicly available and then people realized what a great thing they had done. Only after the technology was proven did the Post Office (a Government-controlled institution) decide to use air mail as one of their delivery options. The Government then decided to get involved in air traffic control and now even the very air we breathe is restricted as we must ask permission from the Government to fly a plane we build ourselves. A plane builder has to license their work, submit a flight plan, and cannot fly over certain areas deemed to be "in the interests of National Security." And you and I don't have our signatures on one thread of any of their "laws" which are actually contracts.

Most Americans could care less about space as they are more concerned with their jobs, the economy, and what Britney did last night. Even if there was open technology on antigravity, most people could care less. Some would have a vision and create George Jetson type vehicles, selling them to the public. But then watch the Government step in and restrict use just as it did to the airlines. And tax the companies that produce these vehicles, and regulating and taxing them to death that they have to move operations out of the country where business is less restrictive. NAFTA was a treaty that basically gave Government approval on outsourcing our economy to other countries. It is part of a New World Order agenda that will only benefit a very few at the expense of others.

Mikado14 wrote:At least most on here know that I despise both sides, maybe not the Libertarians, can't stand the Green party..oh yeah, keep the politics out of the forum. My bad...

Yes, and keep religion out of it too... Oops, my bad too...! LOL! :lol:

The Caroline group (not Catalina) is a nebulous group and trying to pin anything down is like trying to pin down smoke. I think the Caroline group suppressed some of Dr. Brown's technology for a reason as they felt the human race was not mature enough to handle it. Look at what we did with nuclear technology. Back in the 1950s, nuclear power would be "too cheap to meter". I looked at an old utility bill and saw how electrical power went from around 4 cents per kWhr to over 11 cents per kWhr, almost 3 times the amount in 8 years. Much of this was a result of Government intervention. We saw FEMA (Fix Everything My Ass) step in and botch Hurricane Katrina. Yes, blame those nasty Republicans that are greedy and selfish and bad. But I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney that ride with Ted Kennedy! Yes, Mikado is right, both parties are bad. I like the Libertarians and Ron Paul but he appears not to have much chance of stepping into the Oval Office as President.

Amalie, I believe that you passionately wish to promote the ISST but this is not the forum to do that. That's why the Space Policy thread was locked as the thread was diverting our attention to what this forum is all about - discussion on the Parallel Universe of Thomas Townsend Brown. If you wish to have discussions on the ISST, and I encourage you to do so, please do it on http://www.spacetreaty.com/ and promote it there. If you do the research on Dr. Brown and find avenues or overlap between the ISST and Dr. Brown's writings, we would be interested in reviewing it here.

But this thread is about the Thomas Townsend Brown (TTB) effect and I guess I still don't have a good handle of what the TTB effect really is. I thought it was the same as the Biefeld Brown effect but I'm not so sure...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
Senior Officer
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your good wishes.
They do not fall on "deaf " ears, I do not have that profound disability .
I feel quite gratified actually to be compared to a horse, which is a beautiful animal.

So I am looking now towards the finish line I think, a few more months now and then an end will be in sight I think.
In spring 2009. if things go well , by the summer anyway.

I would love to be successful for this work ( as you know!) and I would love it if you and all the good people I have met here would shine your light for me, when I get to the end.

Too far ahead already I know, but I am well slowed and being very methodical and conscientious as I move into the final phases .
I am not sure what the outcome will be , but there are really only two possibilities , success or failure, it will be reaching resolution that will be the huge relief .

This conversation that I have had with you all has done a lot for me, in a way it has been like the fire that tempers a sword, not to mention honing all the writing and communications skills. I feel much stronger now than I did before I met you , and I am looking at the situation from a very different perspective as well. So thank you so very much for all that you and the forum have given me in this way .

I am hoping that one day soon I will be able to repay your confidence with some genuine results.

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect - Follow the Money

Postby htmagic » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Amalie,

If you've been on this forum long, you'll hear the phrase 'follow the money.'
Thomas Townsend Brown was an amazing thinker and inventor.
His projects made money for some people, even at the inventor's expense.
Look at the Ionic Breeze and most people are aware of that technology but don't realize who really invented it.
In that regard, I think Dr. Brown and Nikola Tesla have a lot in common. Both tried to help the common man and failed because of corporate greed and other factors.

Look at personal computers. They have gotten to the point where they are relatively affordable and just about anyone in the US that wants one can own one. But I just ran across an article where 'Banks mining cash from their computer gear':
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/082808-ibm-leasing.html wrote:In another sign of a tight economy, even those that have the money are getting creative with their IT resources in order to find a little financial wiggle room.

Amid the credit crisis some banks are taking their fixed IT assets — mostly hardware – and clearing them off their balance sheets to free up dollars to help improve their positions, according to IBM Global Financing (IGF), the company's financing division.

Here is how it works.

Banks, pushed by the mortgage implosion to clean up their balance sheets and raise equity, are selling their IT computer equipment to IBM, which is then leasing the gear back to them on a monthly basis. Banks are finding the process a quick way to get at cash wrapped up in their computer hardware.

Now maybe if one could lease time on a satellite or lease a ride into space without spending billions of dollars in launch systems, personnel, etc., more corporations might show an interest if there was a benefit to them. Look at GPS and cell phone communications technology that was helped by the space program. If there were aliens and alien technology, they might show an interest to become involved if there is something in it for them. For instance, if they have antigravity ships that could get payloads into space and it was cheaper for them to do it than NASA or the DoD, or even France or Russia, then by all means, get them involved (if they want to). Then corporations could lease (or possible rent) time from them and hire them to get the job done. This would encourage competition in what is basically a closed market and would be a good thing. Not only that, you'd be hiring a minority in which the aliens would surely qualify... They would be compensated with money just like any other nation, corporation, or whatever and they could purchase land, water, or whatever their interests were. This might be a facet of your ISST to consider.

Food for thought...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
Senior Officer
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Dear Mark ,

You said,

" You think that you are going to get any better treatment for your ideas than here on this Forum? "

I think you are mistaken about my wish to look for or ask for " better treatment " elsewhere.

That is not what I need or what I care about at all .

In fact I feel that this conversation, that trickfox invited me to, is the last time I will be looking for that sort of sympathetic relationship.I do feel that you and the forum are my genuine friends, not because you like me or my ideas overmuch , but because you do understand how lonely and difficult my task must be.

There are other ways of relating to the world though, friendship is wonderful to find , and I will not forget this, but friendship is not an essential to get the job done. Our modern world functions in far more hard edged and practical ways.

I will take up a more professional attitude as I "go forth " I will as you say indeed grow up, although my very much delayed coming of age is a hard knot and I know very well that it will not include any further outreach into the world for the sake of "friendship ".

Sad I know, but necessary if I am to survive, because I cannot allow criticism to destroy what might be helpful, and I must ensure that fault is given towards the program that I advocate and not towards me, in that way I will be able to fix mistakes and to answer for defects.

So you are very right then Mark, it is not me that should carry the fault, that should be identified within my work, because that is the way to remedy that problem . That is a proper working basis, and the only one possible if I am to continue.

Finding the strength to finally separate out the essentials in this way has been very difficult, but you have all been a tremendous help, in fact if I had not met trickfox, I think I would have carried the same old "lifes passion" around with me and it would have got in the way of obtaining clarity and a detached method.

I have not whined, I did not expect to be given time and protection, I have just tried to be honest and open with you, because trickfox had invited me to your group and because I trusted and believed in him. He is one of the very, very few people who understood what I was trying to do, and what was more even understood me, although we have never even met in person.

Best Wishes

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Dear Kevin,

I hope you are well, and not having to many unsettling dreams!

You said "Dr Browns passion for space will dovetail right into yours, I am sure, if you let it"

Perhaps you are right , if I just let go , the miracle will happen.

I would like to see the flowers bloom in the desert.

Is making a treaty like dowsing, it could be?
Should learn those skills, or do they just come naturally, through intuition?

I know there are long friendship underlying the forum , I did not mean to intrude upon those.

I hope it is pleasant in England, just now, September it will be fall.

Love Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Amalie.

Still having a hard time letting go of bits and pieces of our conversation, though I know that you need to " go forth" as you said, and so do we. But what you said here is interesting. Can we talk about it?

"Too far ahead already I know, but I am well slowed and being very methodical and conscientious as I move into the final phases .
I am not sure what the outcome will be , but there are really only two possibilities , success or failure, it will be reaching resolution that will be the huge relief ."

You said earlier that you had a "time frame" that is several months, perhaps as far as in to the summer of next year. And here you say that your plans will "either be a success or a failure." May I introduce you to Morgan ... (who has stressed to all of us) .... there is no " either/or" in situations bubbling to the surface now and when you let yourself fall into the trap of not seeing other possibilities you limit your own path?.

Perhaps there are other concepts and revelations that will present themselves to you if you allow yourself to see them. And as far as your time frame.... are you setting this limitation on yourself ?.... sort of like the starlette ( oh, they don't use that anymore, do they?) but you all know what I mean... The girl fresh from Kansas perhaps who steps off the bus in Hollywood with the decision to give her dream of becoming a star all of a six months trial period. I think you might have to be prepared to hang on a bit longer. ( speaking from experience, honest)

But if that limitation is the extent of your passion then so be it. Take away what you have learned and be content.

There are some however who are invested with what Paul has called a "quiet resolution" that has no time limit on it at all. I am not sure why that happens. For them the idea of putting a time limit down is sort of a mystery. They ask themselves how they could possibly do that. Sometimes it even becomes a "multigenerational project" and once you get a handle on that you realize that you can only do so much, that you only have so much time, but arbitrarily putting a time limit on your interest or passion is an impossible thing. Dad tried to "walk away" a couple of times but couldn't. I know for certain that there are others out there on this forum who are faced with the same situation.

So you always have a choice here, long or short involvement. Take what is best for you and try to get the most out of the experience. Best to you again Linda
Last edited by Linda Brown on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Dear Mikado ,

I do apreciate your very reasonable comments, and pretty much agree with all you have said but just to clarify, and then I promise not to impose upon you again.

"I further believe that the UN would be more of the place to be bringing any mention of a Space Treaty to light and not the United States Congress. Let all the nations of the world hear it and take it back to their countries and truly make it a document of the world. "

I am working with the International space councils and so on at the UN. The problem is that because US does not sign the PAROS resolutions, a treaty on the peaceful usage of space cannot be drawn up . All nations are signatory to the resolutions apart from US which claims high ground for space as a strategic asset. In order to break the impasse ( in my opinion ) there are two requirements, one is to generate a treaty based on utilization or " active " space development strategy . This will formally bypass and subsumed the heavily invested military interests into a " net space security international alliance' . A strategy that can readily be undertaken by foreign policy outreach within current missile defense theory.

The "active " phases of the US treaty are also of much use for the optimization of critical space based functions that I have laid out.

So for the type of solution that I see ISST as representing , the original initiative has to come from the US , as that is the sole nation that is blocking the resolution on the peaceful usage of outer space.at the UN . Once US has generated and signed off on the treaty it can pass into the UN for ratification . UN cannot accept a treaty for process into ratification unless it has been signed by the head of state of the instigating party , in this case the US President , That is UN treaty protocol.

" If you truly wanted to see the ISST implemented for the good of Humanity then why should it bother you as to who/whom takes the credit? "

I do not care because I want to take credit , in fact it would not bother me at all if no one even knew that I existed . What does bother me is the thought that ISST could be implemented in an unbalanced way . I feel it to be tremendously important that all the aspects, security, commerce and civil society are equally addressed. I know that development is a poor cousin to commerce and that it is very destitute in the face of national security interests, but it does not have to be this way, development agendas should in fact be seen as the basis for a prosperous civil society condition and as a genuine contributing factor into careful and stable security essentials.

I think that ISST can shift the balance of interests back into a more equitable condition , but only if proper emphasis is given within the utilization clauses. That is why I wish to stay involved and to participate into completion. Of course if I found some reliable sources that would ensure that the balance of interets was obtained, then I could get out and very happily as well. I would like to come out of this in one piece, but I do not think I will, because enough damage has been done already to make that impossible.

Failure would be very hard to live with and success would be equally so , one way out would be to hand over and step down, and hopefully that will become more possible presently.

You said " Now you are selling yourself as a consultant but with no educational background (your own admission) to justify the title. You are an activist, plain and simple."

No I am not an activist, I do not have a side to take or belong to a community of the like minded.

I am a top level professional, I have much education for culture, but it is not formalized within university credentials. But I think that will change as well, because as the work I as doing becomes more generally accept it also brings acceptance of my ability and scope, and that comes with a measure of academic recognition. I am pleased to see this happening already being invited to contribute paper and soon. That is very gratifying because it is a first time for me.

You do not need formal qualifications to act as a consultant either, not if someone wanted to employ you, still it does not look as if Raymond is going too want my services just now, although I have offered.

I do not really understand the concept of megolamania within the given context . Kings and Queens are not megolomaniacs , there are simply who they are . I suppose that megolomania implies pretending to be something you are not , trying to seem to be something more that you are, or taking on the attributes of something beyond you. I do not know where to stand in this , I am not much personally but a US space treaty is a significant idea, does that make me into a megolomaniac because I want something so much bigger than myself, or because I identify with it.

Who will run ISST ? The leaders of the world , the UN , the nations of the world, scientists , leaders of technology and so on.
I do not need to be included, my only interest is to see it established in the most balanced and most benign way possible . Does that make me into a megolomaniac, who else will do this work. I am alone because that it seems that the first condition that the task requires. If I were not so alone I would not be considered as a megolomaniac , I would seen as an activist, an academic, a politician or a businessman. I would have an identity as an individual who belonged to a community and that would protect and uphold me.

You said "My decision is not based on anything inappropriate that you might have said to Trickfox, it is based only what you have said and what you have written."

Perhaps there will come a time when you might consider that what I say and write regarding the US space treaty is again an acceptable contribution for the tt brown forum discussions. I hope very much that that time is not so far away now, because I see the next few months as determining the possibility or not of ISST, and I am planning for an escape route in case of failure.

You said, "I wish you personal luck but as far as ISST on it's face value, I do not"

I appreciate any type of luck that might come my way, and I would also wish that ISST be lucky, fortuitous, benign and auspicious and bring light to the world, because if it is not then there is absolutely reason for it to exist . We do not need any more problems , we need solutions. I have not wished to wrought evil in the world .

Many Thanks

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby amalie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Linda ,

I am letting go as well, as everything will do .

It is not that I do not have dedication to continue, it is just that once I have finished my book on the treaty topic, which is what I intend for the last phases, if nothing more tangible materializes, then all the information that I wish to bring forward will be readily available.

Water finds it own level, Kevin knows a lot about that. If I can make a contribution in this way, it will be seen or not be seen depending on it's own intrinsic merits. There does not seem to be much reason to pursue the theory once it has been reasonably compiled and brought forward. I do feel very much that this topic is a unique one and not likely to lead into other avenues, well not for me anyway , although it might be a source of further ideas or even inspiration for others .

I have already spent a whole lifetime working very hard in a very dedicated way for humanistic philosophy and for world culture, I have spent four long years of anguish over the ISST initiative. I would readily spend the rest of my life for that, if it would be helpful, " quiet resolution " has worked for me in the past, most of what my original intention was for, but it seems as if for this particular situation, that kind of very passive and expectant attitude will only lead me and the people around me into even more deeper levels of suffering .

I feel that perhaps I not should try to take so much responsibility for a condition so unseen,because the weight of the situation becomes so oppressive and I do not feel that such a burden is a possible one for an individual to carry. But I really appreciate your encouragement, and I do agree with you, that I should rather choose to continue to serve and to endure.

I hope we run into each other again soon on your wonderful forum , picking up bits and pieces of our conversation.
I am very pleased to have met you, and I know you will be happy for me, if the day of celebration arrives

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 pm

I said that I was weary but you seem to not be able to comprehend what I am saying, let me clarify:

amalie wrote:
I do not care because I want to take credit , in fact it would not bother me at all if no one even knew that I existed .


Where's the Freudian slip in this sentence?

amalie wrote:No I am not an activist, I do not have a side to take or belong to a community of the like minded.


You most certainly are. If you are attempting to unite the world under one treaty therefore you are viewing the world as a community, which it is. Here is a definition which I am cutting and pasting just for your pleasure: Activism, in a general sense, can be described as intentional action to bring about social or political change. Do I appear to be born yesterday? Will not ISST bring about social as well as political change?

amalie wrote:You do not need formal qualifications to act as a consultant either, not if someone wanted to employ you, still it does not look as if Raymond is going too want my services just now, although I have offered.


You are absolutely correct. However, in the absence of education one usually looks to having experience in the field that they offer expertise in. To date, you are still attempting to get ISST to fly.

amalie wrote:I do not really understand the concept of megolamania within the given context . Kings and Queens are not megolomaniacs , there are simply who they are . I suppose that megolomania implies pretending to be something you are not , trying to seem to be something more that you are, or taking on the attributes of something beyond you. I do not know where to stand in this , I am not much personally but a US space treaty is a significant idea, does that make me into a megolomaniac because I want something so much bigger than myself, or because I identify with it.

Who will run ISST ? The leaders of the world , the UN , the nations of the world, scientists , leaders of technology and so on.
I do not need to be included, my only interest is to see it established in the most balanced and most benign way possible . Does that make me into a megolomaniac, who else will do this work. I am alone because that it seems that the first condition that the task requires. If I were not so alone I would not be considered as a megolomaniac , I would seen as an activist, an academic, a politician or a businessman. I would have an identity as an individual who belonged to a community and that would protect and uphold me.


Megalomania in short is called "delusions of grandeur" and Kings and Queens can have them as well as any other human being. I do not believe that you will ever see what I mean but for instance, to think that the United States Government will give up our soverign right to protect our skys from above, you are operating under a delusion, thus if I take it further -megalomania. Presently, I agree with our Government.

amalie wrote:You said "My decision is not based on anything inappropriate that you might have said to Trickfox, it is based only what you have said and what you have written."

Perhaps there will come a time when you might consider that what I say and write regarding the US space treaty is again an acceptable contribution for the tt brown forum discussions. I hope very much that that time is not so far away now, because I see the next few months as determining the possibility or not of ISST, and I am planning for an escape route in case of failure.


You don't get it, let me clarify. I HAVE read your treaty that is on your website. I DO NOT AGREE with it on it's face. Where did I mention whether it be an acceptable contribution to the forum or not? I DIDN"T, it is not acceptable for ME, Mikado, I don't agree with it. It is flawed, it is a flawed document. I may only have two semesters as a paralegal but I can comprehend what I read and I see that document as too...way too nebulous in its scope.(read here open to multiple interpretations) In law, a document must be able to stand on it's own, none ever do, why else do we have courts but then most courts are considered courts in equity etc. and I am off my track.

amalie wrote:You said, "I wish you personal luck but as far as ISST on it's face value, I do not"


If wishing you luck means to be wishing ISST luck then I respectfully withdraw my intention.

I hope I have made my self perfectly clear and my advice to you is to learn a bit less wordsmithing into redundancy and a bit more brevity.

Now I am done

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: Somewhere in Pennsy

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Postby skyfish » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Anybody want to talk about what the effect is? I have been catching up reading some older posts. Be patient with me...I am just and IT guy and fairly new to this forum. Mikado...were you looking for capitance?

–noun Electricity. 1. the ratio of an impressed charge on a conductor to the corresponding change in potential.
2. the ratio of the charge on either conductor of a capacitor to the potential difference between the conductors.
3. the property of being able to collect a charge of electricity. Symbol: C

Charge is involved by definition.
What else is there beside all of space and time...at least in this universe/dimension?
As for configuration...
How about large very high voltage rotating and/or pulsed gradient fields for starters.
skyfish
Senior Officer
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Science of Townsend Brown

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron