lifters in a vacuum

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

french patent

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

There is a french patent listed to Agnew Bahnson for May 1959.
Obviously based on work that was accomplished while Townsend Brown was there from 1957 to 1958 . check it out, on naudin site, of course

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/ttbsaucer/index.htm

and from his obituary (he was killed in a private air crash in 1964)

A keen student of world affairs, Bahnson was disturbed by mankind’s inability to find a lasting peace. In 1959, he wrote a science fiction novel, "The Stars Are Too High," that a reviewer said called attention "to the danger of permitting scientific advances to move ahead of the now-necessary brotherhood of man"

An introduction to the book he wrote says

" Three bold and idealistic men did know the secret behind the strange craft. The three men who invented, built and flew it ...... and they had a plan that meant taking the future of the world into their own hands. A space enthusiast and a student of the mysteries of gravity, Agnew H, Bahnson Jr. may well have described a space ship of the very near future in " The Stars ar Too High"

Just some interesting background information. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: french patent

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:An introduction to the book he wrote says

" Three bold and idealistic men did know the secret behind the strange craft. The three men who invented, built and flew it ...... and they had a plan that meant taking the future of the world into their own hands. A space enthusiast and a student of the mysteries of gravity, Agnew H, Bahnson Jr. may well have described a space ship of the very near future in " The Stars ar Too High"
Let's see....can I quess the names?

Brown, Bahnson and DeWitt?

Mikado

(truth and fiction... go together like a horse and carriage....)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

triarcuate

Post by Mikado14 »

ETernallightwithin,

Here is something that I scanned for you. Then I uploaded it to a host. And I will bet that somebody will say "Oh, that picture is from .....".. Whatever. I have the picture for it is very important.....right Mr. Twigsnapper?

Neva says hi.

Mikado

PS, the problem with the scan and the upload is that you really can't see the "really" important stuff....damn.
Last edited by Mikado14 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: triarcuate

Post by ETernalightwithin »

Time to get a new scanner? :P

Or is it photobucket's downgrade before you upload?

Is that whatever by any chance an Adamski "hubcap"? :roll: :lol:

Looking at the picture from a "Brownian" universe I would say that the over all shape is in line with the 1958? ones. the round circles in the middle are viewports. That spring thing in the middle is the flame jet generator that is moving charges from the coiled cathode on top to the bottom of the saucer and out.
Are the ions being forced into a plasma cortex by those "tennis" balls on the undercarriage or is it already in that form from the spring cathode? I assume that the effect might be from the torroidal plasma vortex, in part at least. If I had one guess I'd say that Mikado is pissed at the scan obscuring the white blobs around that ridged tube where the flame is originating from. Those conical electrodes are key.

One thing I don't understand is the heating of the electodes. I would have assumed this to be a side affect of the flame jet except for the fact that it is labeled, "heated to incandescence by flame"

How am I doing so far Mikado? :wink:
Want to add your own insight?

ETlight

P.S. what is the significance of the bunny wabbit? Joke or really in the picture?
Mikado14 wrote:ETernallightwithin,

Here is something that I scanned for you. Then I uploaded it to a host. And I will bet that somebody will say "Oh, that picture is from .....".. Whatever. I have the picture for it is very important.....right Mr. Twigsnapper?

Neva says hi.

Mikado

PS, the problem with the scan and the upload is that you really can't see the "really" important stuff....damn.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Adamski saucer

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

The design of the hull is known by some as the " Adamski Scout ship" based on photograghs that a man by that name included in his reports of his contact with that ship which looked like this and the strange individuals from it that had "contacted him".

I will leave it to all of you to look George Adamski up if you don't already know very much about him. His accounts were pretty wild, but looking back on it now, perhaps that was their purpose.

The drawing that you are looking at was done by a man by the name of Thomas Nottingham Williams, a commercial artist and friend of the Townsend Brown family. I believe that those original drawings were actually rendered BEFORE Townsend Brown spent time at the Bahnson lab in 1957/58.

Here is where things get pretty darned interesting. but I will leave it to Paul to tell you what you need to know about all of this. I wouldn't want to " steal his thunder, (not that I actually could.)

Thank you for finding that Mikado. Lovely ship isn't she? and hello to Neva, always in the right place at the right time (Oh, ETW .... Neva the quantum rabbit is our forum mascot. ..... sort of an insider joke but you are welcomed to join in! .......... Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Adamski saucer

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Mikado,

The design of the hull is known by some as the " Adamski Scout ship" based on photograghs that a man by that name included in his reports of his contact with that ship which looked like this and the strange individuals from it that had "contacted him".

Strange how the UFO used in the TV series "The Invaders" resembles it so much but then by 1966 the Adamski ship was part of the medium.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: The drawing that you are looking at was done by a man by the name of Thomas Nottingham Williams, a commercial artist and friend of the Townsend Brown family. I believe that those original drawings were actually rendered BEFORE Townsend Brown spent time at the Bahnson lab in 1957/58.
NOW THAT is the link I needed. I will bet that they not only were done before Bahnson but prior to the patent on the "Flame Jet" and before Dr. Brown achieved 100%+ lift.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Here is where things get pretty darned interesting. but I will leave it to Paul to tell you what you need to know about all of this. I wouldn't want to " steal his thunder, (not that I actually could.)
In keeping with that, I will now go into that hole with Neva. Oh, and Mr. Twigsnapper, '58 is coming and I feel like I STILL have a lot of holes. Want to give a Mikado a hint? or at least a compass point?

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Thank you for finding that Mikado. Lovely ship isn't she? and hello to Neva, always in the right place at the right time (Oh, ETW .... Neva the quantum rabbit is our forum mascot. ..... sort of an insider joke but you are welcomed to join in! .......... Elizabeth

I see the design as very '50's in its style but then it fits with those times and the technology of those times. But remember, this is coming from a person that is going to steal Paul's truck someday when his back is turned <G>.

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

drawings in the sand

Post by twigsnapper »

A future thought for you Paul.

As these things develop under your wings take note of others out there who might very well be interested in the crew that is forming here and the thoughts that have been exchanged. I know of one in particular who shares sand and songs with your Mr. Buffet. Watch for him in the future.

And Mikado. You guess about the three men is interesting but was not to be.

And you are right to focus on 1958.

And the question then is , "if the flame jet generator" is not what you need for the effect that you want. Where then do you go for what you want? Watch Dr. Browns path very carefully. When he is powering up, another is saying " I have seen all I needed to see" and is shutting down.

Paul, this is not a puzzle for you. You already know the answer to this one.
twigsnapper
Radomir
Senior Cadet

forum star

Post by Radomir »

So the forum gets a gold star for this one, having already discussed it as a possibility:
When he is powering up, another is saying " I have seen all I needed to see" and is shutting down.
I just have to sit back for a while and consider all the implications of what Mr. twigsnapper has just said.

On another note, thanks for the rich discussion above, folks.

One thought did occur to me, that you may be excluding a very important variable from your list, which is sidereal radiation/whatever gravity is doing that day (solar, lunar, etc.) in terms of the influence on 1) the initial amount of effect available and 2) the decay rate of the effect (the famous stepped-decrease). Perhaps that is one of the reasons it seemed so important to TTB to be able to monitor these changes as they happened, seek out patterns, enhance predictability wherever and however possible.

Minor minor issue, also mentioned elsewhere, is the relative humidity (if not all components are sealed; assuming you're not in space...).

Humbly submitted for your consideration.

Best,

R.
Last edited by Radomir on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: forum star

Post by Gewis »

Radomir wrote:
One thought did occur to me, that you may be excluding a very important variable from your list, which is siderial radiation/whatever gravity is doing that day (solar, lunar, etc.) in terms of the influence on 1) the initial amount of effect available and 2) the decay rate of the effect (the famous stepped-decrease). Perhaps that is one of the reasons it seemed so important to TTB to be able to monitor these changes as they happened, seek out patterns, enhance predictability wherever and however possible.
Ah, these are very good things to keep in mind, especially for the future. At present, I am confining my focus to testing that crucial variable, dielectric mass, and then I will work on plotting out data for the other primary variables and the proportionality relationship between them and BBE strength. Sidereal relationships will come later.

I imagine that the gradient of the gravitational field at any point in space plays a role just as the gradient and anisotropy of the electric field across the capacitor does. Don't ask me how, yet.

I have my fuzzy guesses about what's physically going on here, but I'd like to have data to confirm or deny those ideas.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: forum star

Does Pulse duration in the dielectric interact or somehow relate to that?
I refer back to "How I control gravitation"

ETLight
Radomir wrote:So the forum gets a gold star for this one, having already discussed it as a possibility:
When he is powering up, another is saying " I have seen all I needed to see" and is shutting down.
I just have to sit back for a while and consider all the implications of what Mr. twigsnapper has just said.

On another note, thanks for the rich discussion above, folks.

One thought did occur to me, that you may be excluding a very important variable from your list, which is siderial radiation/whatever gravity is doing that day (solar, lunar, etc.) in terms of the influence on 1) the initial amount of effect available and 2) the decay rate of the effect (the famous stepped-decrease). Perhaps that is one of the reasons it seemed so important to TTB to be able to monitor these changes as they happened, seek out patterns, enhance predictability wherever and however possible.

Minor minor issue, also mentioned elsewhere, is the relative humidity (if not all components are sealed; assuming you're not in space...).

Humbly submitted for your consideration.

Best,

R.
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: drawings in the sand

twigsnapper wrote: And the question then is , "if the flame jet generator" is not what you need for the effect that you want. Where then do you go for what you want? Watch Dr. Browns path very carefully. When he is powering up, another is saying " I have seen all I needed to see" and is shutting down.
Ahh, a game of hide and seek?

Or is it find and keep?
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Tri-arculate

Post by Gewis »

ETW and I were just discussing this:

Arcuate means bent or bowed. So what is meant exactly by tri-arcuate? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It's the shape characterized by three different magnitudes of arc, an outer fairly shallow arc, then a central bulge, topped with a little nobule on top. That's the tri-arcuate disc described as most efficient.

So...

If the outside surface is of uniform material composition, how do you change direction of travel when charge distribution which, by Gauss's law, must be uniform?

EDIT 2:I corrected the spelling error after Andrew pointed it out.
Last edited by Gewis on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Tri-arcuate, actually. Having three arcs.

If you look at Brown's discs, they have an arc along the bottom rim, a middle arc as the disc rises towards the canopy, and of course, the arc of the top dome.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

So what do we know about composition of those discs? How did the electric field vary in shape if the composition was conductive and uniform?
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

That leads to a discussion of field-shaping. I'd have to suggest a book on electrostatics from a university library. The shape of an electrode is indelibly linked to the field shape - cone, rod, toroid, sphere, etc.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."