Chapter 74 - California Dreamin'

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 74 - California Dreamin'

Post by Paul S. »

.... is now ready for prime time:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... eamin.html

My internet connection has been a bit funky this morning so we'll see what happens ... but... wait....

There's more.

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Now that was below the belt, refereee.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
James Barrett

followup punch

Post by James Barrett »

yes kevin and the follow up punch was an interesting event too. JDB
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hmmmm..."hobbit" the cat...hmmmmm. Interesting entanglements going back forty years. It's just the way the universe operates sometimes Kevin.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Hobbit the cat

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hobbit was a beloved kitty that lived with the Browns for years.

Linda named him Hobbit because he had hair between his toes.

And of course he held other memories for her, reminding her of a kitty she met during a span of time she spent with Morgan on his family farm during the spring of 66. I expect that kitty could polish a wood floor pretty well himself! Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
Sorry about the opening comment, when there was no new chapter as when you first posted, well I sort of echo'd Dr Brown.
Brilliant as ever, your writing makes one feel involved, I wanted to knock the wig off.
As this is about Lindas mama and papa, can't post any other link can I.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY9EXSDYd9o

As in the chapter when this decker lab was talked of before, the fan seems to be a cover, a diversion of attention from what Dr Brown was really working on.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Radomir
Senior Cadet

The check

Post by Radomir »

So, right, Decker calls and says the check is in the mail...oldest one in the book. Did that dang check ever show up, I wonder?

Very proud of Linda for being the provider during this period--and as she mentions there's an incredible satisfaction to that as well, helping to provide for the family.

Interesting to note the family "code" words and phrases that they had developed over the years--this is the first time we get to see them in action and how much can be conveyed on the QT.

Hell of an ending, Paul. I assume that you included the next chapter just so you could keep an uprising off your hands.

Thanks for the double header!!

R.
James Barrett

spending time at the lab

Post by James Barrett »

I think this is one of the most telling sections

"Whatever the reason, Linda said, “after that day, everything around us changed.â€