Chapter 60: No Need for Formalities

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 60: No Need for Formalities

Post by Paul S. »

...is now ready for Prime Time, so to speak...

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... ities.html

Another corner turned, another thread revealed... and a response of sorts to Victoria's request for a "physical description" of Morgan (provided by people who have actually seen him...).

And, sorry to say, but this is going to be it for a couple of weeks -- again. This weekend Ann and I are going on another dive trip (Cayman Brac) for a week. But I'm starting to think I see the light at the end of this tunnel, and once we get back I don't think I'm going to let up until we find out if it's a locomotive....

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

great

Post by grinder »

Great Paul. Great.

I have a suggestion about that dinner meeting. Want to bet that the " men in business suits" were also the guys that he travelled with? Want to bet that there were a couple of Hummers parked around the corner? Want to bet that Linda didn't stay in that Super 8 very long that evening? Was that the last time you saw her on that trip? I'll bet that it was and I'll bet that she was long gone by dawn.

Tall, with grey hair pulled back. Sounds like a biker dude maybe? grinder
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

braiding

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

I really like the third thread in your story. And I like the way that you are weaving all three together equally. It will make a wonderfully strong story, just like a braid of gold.

I like this Morgan. I wonder what Linda thought when they were first reunited? He has alot to get her up to speed on. But how do you do that without actually telling her stuff that you probably couldn't anyway? I guess the badge and the entourage and the chopper is all that really needs to be said. I would bet all those things along with grinder. Paul, you 'dropped her off"...... but you wonder where the lady spent the evening? grady
grinder
Senior Officer

so what happens?

Post by grinder »

And I know that you hadn't thought of going in this direction but since we are there.... so what happens in Lindas life after Morgan "comes back into it" after being gone for so long?

I am assuming that she has a home and a family and is pretty well settled. Was she accustomed to just getting in a rental car and driving off like that? What did her husband say about that? Has he ever met Morgan? What sort of interaction was going on between those three?

Maybe I shouldn't even ask but you started this Paul and I can see that Morgan has made a big impression on your life, but what was his presence doing in others? Thats pretty tough competition don't you think? How do you compete man -to- man with a guy who travels with his own special "team", black helicopters etc? and oh, by the way, was your wifes first love?

And what was Morgans agenda in coming back? Did you ever figure it out? Did he ever say? Hope you'll have some time to address some of these before you leave?

grinder
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Stupendous chapter Paul. It automatically brings the whole thing to currency and prominence. Self referential writing allows everyone to participate in your efforts.
Thank you so much, and write on my brother !

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

tall dude

Post by grinder »

So this tall dude comes in out of her past and how is Linda supposed to react to all of this? How did she react. I mean, we have all gotten a look at what her romance with this Morgan was like when they were younger and then he apparently came back to say " goodbye " when he thought that he was dying .... but suddenly he is back in her life? what happens now? grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Totally absorbing,
Draws you into it and leaves you wanting more, class.
This will seem odd, I admire this man, and can relate to this, it is relevant to this chapter, as is a strange word, quetzalcoatl, me thinks?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLTkjvu1ic
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

It is totally absorbing. :) And totally baffling. I've never been a covert operative running around in Humvees and Helicopters (it was never covert), but for sending somebody on a little trip to Tennessee, this seems a bit excessive. Even if you have the resources, this seems really overboard. Maybe when you can, and your intent is to leave an impression and clearly communicate what sort of position you're in, then it fits. Which has to be it. Otherwise, for people trying to be invisible, there's usually nothing more invisible than completely ordinary. This was not ordinary.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Trickfox
The Magician

Resources

Post by Trickfox »

This chapter shows very plainly what kind of life those who have enormous responsabilities have to live. Along with the responsabilities come the resources such a person commands.
I envy the man in a way. His life must be the most fulfilling challenge that a person could ever hope to have.

Great chapter with a distinctly seperate point of view.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Granted, but..

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:......but for sending somebody on a little trip to Tennessee, this seems a bit excessive. Even if you have the resources, this seems really overboard. Maybe when you can, and your intent is to leave an impression and clearly communicate what sort of position you're in, then it fits. Which has to be it. Otherwise, for people trying to be invisible, there's usually nothing more invisible than completely ordinary. This was not ordinary.
Given the fact that Linda Brown worked with her Father and irregardless of what Paul has written, what could she know that could be in her subconcious? At the time, Paul was already making waves into TTBrown and who made the rumor that Linda was dead? If I were Linda, I would have amnesia as well.

"My there's a lot of steel in the air"

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

trips?

Post by grinder »

I'm stuck on the fact that Linda Brown just got a car and took off, not knowing when she would meet up with Morgan and it took him until New Mexico to cross her path? Was there a reason for her to be off and gone I wonder? And it seems to me that she just did what was requested of her. I don't understand the nine oclock reference, unless he was planning on meeting her there in the parking lot at nine, but that didn't pan out so she went to plan B which was just to head East. When his schedule permitted then ... he simply crossed his path with hers? Alamagordo? Isn't there a major airforce base there?

Did she ever say what kind of "chopper" it was? Other than "black?" Of course I wouldn't require her to know about stuff like this but it would be interesting.

Gewis seems to think that the "operation" was slightly " overboard" to simply deliver a cane to your doorstep and I can see his point, if thats all that was happening. I get the impression that there was much happening in Morgans life at the time and not all of it he could bend around (otherwise he would have simply met her in the parking lot) No, I think there were other things happening and this was perhaps just one of them. Maybe a more personal one but still just one. I think "Morgan" must be accustomed to having a whole lot on his plate at the same time.

Having her car detailed after every visit ... means that he drove it more than once during this trip to Tennessee and back . And while its being driven along the highway .... I have to wonder where those choppers were going.

Very interesting chapter Paul. Alot to chew on. grinder
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

So, Mikado, was this trip supposed to be jolting Linda's memory of her father? I suppose that could make some sense. My guess still remains that it isn't Linda's memory that needed to be jolted, but just that this sort of thing needed to filter out, and be known about, so there would be no doubting Morgan's seriousness. And his position.

Was Morgan being followed? Is he regularly followed? To constantly be switching directions, switching modes of transportation, wiping down prints, going into secure facilities, using resources the way he did, he wasn't trying to be invisible. He was throwing up brick walls that prevented pursuit. Speculation about why is easy. Actually answering, not so much. This kind of flashiness just seems really out of place for anybody familiar with covert ops.
grinder
Senior Officer

I agree

Post by grinder »

for most covert operations the object is to be totally commonplace. I think that was not the "agenda" here. Though I am like you, I haven't quite figured it yet. Could it be that this isn't "flash" as far as he is concerned but just a fact of life? How many people "travel" with Morgan on a more or less constant basis? I mean, Elvis was FLASHY. This Morgan is just trying to get stuff done I think and he seems to use what is available to him whenever he needs it.

Since reading about this helicopter and the accompanying one ..... I have been doing some studying. Have to ask Paul. Did this particular unit have a long refueling "lance" ( I don't know what else to call it) in the front? I suspect that it does but wondered if someone gave you a good description of it? Were you able to ask Linda what the thing looked like? Could she say? I have my theories about this group of Morgans but of course I need alot more information to stay grounded with my conclusions. grinder
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: I agree

Post by Gewis »

grinder wrote:for most covert operations the object is to be totally commonplace. I think that was not the "agenda" here. Though I am like you, I haven't quite figured it yet. Could it be that this isn't "flash" as far as he is concerned but just a fact of life? How many people "travel" with Morgan on a more or less constant basis? I mean, Elvis was FLASHY. This Morgan is just trying to get stuff done I think and he seems to use what is available to him whenever he needs it.

Since reading about this helicopter and the accompanying one ..... I have been doing some studying. Have to ask Paul. Did this particular unit have a long refueling "lance" ( I don't know what else to call it) in the front? I suspect that it does but wondered if someone gave you a good description of it? Were you able to ask Linda what the thing looked like? Could she say? I have my theories about this group of Morgans but of course I need alot more information to stay grounded with my conclusions. grinder
Good questions, indeed, Grinder.
grinder
Senior Officer

and another one

Post by grinder »

What did she say to her husband. " Dear , I am going out for awhile. I'll be back in two weeks?" I have gotten the impression that this Linda Brown is a pretty straight up lady in her relationships .... so I don't think that she lied to him about what she was doing . So what did she say? grinder