Chapter 40 - The Golden Galleon

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Mass?

Post by greggvizza »

Not just for its conductive properties (like that in gold plated connectors) but possibly foremost for it's mass and secondarily for it's conductivity?

GV
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

no teacher here

Post by Victoria Steele »

No teacher here Mikado but I REALLY want to hear what you have to suggest and I am sure that Paul will too. (Shhhh .. don't distract him right now though, he's getting ready to hit the POST button on the next chapter) BUT as soon as he is finished BOY do we have alot to talk about.

And in another area Justice sure burned up the forum lines, Paul shut him down. I am sensing alot of interaction behind the scenes and now this odd and wonderful observation suddenly about the mass of goid. Ah! This is a fun forum.

Sort of like watching a cafeteria food fight. Fun to just watch! Now, if it was a PIE fight. I could really get into it. For me the pies are Bill Moore and Vassilatos. So am I going to be tempted?

Quick, a chapter Paul befor I pick up that creame pie and start looking for a target! Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hello All:

Think of each of the elements of the periodic tabe as a quantum field of reality that has the scalar potential be navigated in space and time. Then think of why another global intercultural phenomenon might have been so prevalent in ancient Sumer, Scythia, Central America, Thracia, Greece, China and elsewhere. And then ask yourself the question of why were the supreme leaders of royalty in such cultures so often buried with hammered gold face masks ?

Above all, why was the Ark of the Covenant covered with hammered gold
...anybody wish to hazard a guess or two ?

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

golds merit

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

When I was a kid I used to ponder why in the world gold was so sought after in the ancient world. Why so many of the pharoahs at the time collected it. People couldn't eat the stuff I reasoned so why in the world did it mean so much and why was there such a market?

Flip in time. Why is there a market NOW? And why will there still be a market in the future. Its not the shine of the stuff that makes it important, thats just the side benefit .... its relationship to MASS. Thats what was important to the very ancient rulers because THEY ( I believe) understood THEN what we are just coming to understand. Gold has a part to play in all of this and it will all become more and more apparent to us as our "witts grow sharper"

And having a different set of eyes suddenly you can look back to stories about the Knights Templar and wonder just in fact they were protecting?

Flow, I agree with you that there is a very important subject to discuss here. Looking forward to getting into that. Right now I am involved however in measuring the depth of a boggy canal! . Back soon! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Hazard a Guess?

Post by Paul S. »

That is a rather odd expression when you look at it on its own isn't it? Oh well..
flowperson wrote:Above all, why was the Ark of the Covenant covered with hammered gold
...anybody wish to hazard a guess or two ?
In a word, permanence.

I think one quality of gold that contributes to its universal appeal is its indestructibility. I think I read somewhere that ALL the gold that has ever been mined and refined in the history of the world still exists somewhere.

Any stars for that answer? Gold... of course.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flow,
Ark of the covenant.
Why was it covered in beaten gold.
I would say because of it's unique quality to allow space to pass in one dirction, but not in the other, therefore all the space that enters, remains inside, until someone opens the box, and whoosh out she flows.
Nothing visable inside, except space.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

that and perhaps

That and perhaps a strange type of Capacitor that we don't understand .... yet. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Spot on,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Capacitors?

Justice,

I just noticed that you are on the forum for a moment and I hope I can get this posted so that you will see it.

In some of the things that you shared with me you mentioned that the natural lay of the land in Virginia Beach is reminiscent of a Capacitor. And I just wonder if Dr. Browns interest in the Virginia Beach area was also couched in a natural and favorable anomaly being set up there. Am I making any sense to you. You have looked at this alot more carefully than I have so far. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Spot on,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor
Kevin
What is it that we are to look at Wikipedia as to the hypothesis of the ark as a capacitor?

A little help in where your at here Kevin.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Another "duh" !

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
kevin.b wrote:Forget what it's supposedly worth, think what it can achieve.
Well, now, there's another intriguing angle I hadn't thought of. Can I get a D? a U? an H? What's that spell?

I know that gold has intriguing electrical properties, i.e. it's great conductor. Some manufacturers these days make a big deal out of putting gold plating in the electrical contacts of their various components.

I haven't done the math, so I don't have the figure in front of me as to how many ounces of gold (at $35/oz) that $40- or $50-million would have represented but, does it not seem like an awful LOT of gold to be used for electrical purposes?

And, if that was indeed its intended purpose then... what do you suppose might have been it's actual utility? How might it have been used?

--PS
My dear Victoria,

Even though I am quoting Paul, this answer is for you.

Everyone here is enamored as to the gold and it's use in technology. How about something much simpler?

Gold is a currency that has value irregardless as to what happens to the British Pound, the US Dollar, the German Mark.

Remember the year, remember what was transpiring in Europe and the Battle of Britain was just around the corner.

Ask yourself this question: Would you leave 50 million in gold bullion sitting that close to a possible invasion? In my opinion, two things prevented Gemany from invading Britain.... the channel and the determination of the British ( but there is a list ).

Dr. Brown was at best a plebe in regards to the ......... when are we going to call this group by their real name?....... "Caroline" or "Stephenson's Stewards" for lack of a direct name. How do we know that this wasn't nothing more than a mission he was assigned to?

Here's a thought for the table, ask yourself what was he doing there and look a little deeper as to what he did at that time. In my opinion, his mission was to protect the shipment with technology that he understood.

That's the Cliff notes version for you, I will always answer you so I apologize for my tardiness.

Just the ramblings of an over "downloaded" soul.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

over downloaded soul indeed

Post by ladygrady »

Mikado, overloaded, downloaded, mentally fried ....
Just trying to keep up with this forum in the last twentyfour hours has given me that feeling!

I think that you are quite right Mikado. Even though Dr. Brown probably "rose through the ranks" and while doing it was highly respected by (lets just humor Paul) The "Caroline Group in 1938 he probably was just a "junior ..... what .... operative?" Assigned to probably pretty mundane projects. And you were right again. Not a good place to leave supplies of gold.. that year.

And there might have been other uses for that gold of course, above and beyoned what Dr. Brown must have needed. I understand that the "rootes group" was busy building spitfires even before they actually needed them. Someones foresight. Takes money to stay ahead of the game."

Going on a trip this AM early, why I am up. Happy Mothers day to all deserving of it. A great day for remembering. grady
Justice League

Re: Capacitors?

Post by Justice League »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Justice,

I just noticed that you are on the forum for a moment and I hope I can get this posted so that you will see it.

In some of the things that you shared with me you mentioned that the natural lay of the land in Virginia Beach is reminiscent of a Capacitor. And I just wonder if Dr. Browns interest in the Virginia Beach area was also couched in a natural and favorable anomaly being set up there. Am I making any sense to you. You have looked at this alot more carefully than I have so far. Elizabeth
I already sent you the answer in private.

Your forum doesn't deserve to know these things and since its something i found i would prefer like paul to censor what I let out or what I talk about publicly - sorry.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Capacitors?

Post by Mikado14 »

Justice League wrote:
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Justice,

I already sent you the answer in private.

Your forum doesn't deserve to know these things and since its something i found i would prefer like paul to censor what I let out or what I talk about publicly - sorry.
Well if I would have saw this before my last post about PM 'ing me if you really wished to discuss the topic I would not have for apparently I am not deserving of your presence.

Remember, those faults that we have we see the easiest in others.

Avere una vita piacevole in vostro mondo!

Mikado
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

After our mentions of gold and the dragons that come from the sun, I thought that it might be worthwhile to mention the well-known fact that another ancient and coordinated global phenomenon is the positioning of openings to sacred places with the rays of the rising sun, and more specifically with regard to the instances of the summer and winter solstices.

This is thought to be an artifact of the pagan beliefs of the earliest agricultural communities which celebrated the return or the departure of light. But there are others who believe that it stems from known astronomical observation practices that were prevalent in ancient cultures such as those near Lake Titicaca, in the Indus river valley, and in the Mayan civilization of Central America.

This is a known common feature of sacred places in N. and S. America, N. Africa, the Near East, Europe, and Asia. This is too common a feature to be coincidental. Even the original Hebrew Temple in Jerusalem was oriented on an axis so that the door faced the rising sun which reflected more ancient features of religious structures in ancient Mesopotamia.

I recently ran across this article which makes the issue even more
interesting when it comes to standardized town planning in classical
Europe:

flow....

SCIENCE NEWS
Ancient Romans built their towns based on astronomical grids
27 Hours,5 minutes Ago

Washington, May 9 (ANI): Ancient Romans built their towns using astronomically aligned grids, a recently concluded Italian study has revealed.

As part of the study, researchers examined the orientation of some 38 towns in Italy, and found that all of them followed strong symbolic aspects linked to astronomy.

"It emerged that these towns were not laid out at random. On the contrary, they were planned following strong symbolic aspects, all linked to astronomy," said Giulio Magli of the mathematics department at Milan’s Polytechnic University.

While ancient Roman writers, including Ovid and Plutarch, have documented how the foundation of a new town took into account the flight of birds and other astronomical references, "however, the link between Roman towns and sky symbolism has never been fully investigated," Magli said.

The Romans founded many towns, or colonies, especially during Rome's Republican period and the first Imperial period, roughly from the 5th century BC to the 1st century AD, and their layout inspired by the so-called castrum (a military camp), was nearly always the same.

The city consisted of a rectangle bounded by walls, with streets organized in a grid to form various residential quarters (insulae). Two main roads, called cardus and decumanus, criss-crossed the whole city, their intersection forming what would be termed in today’s architectural parlance as the city centre. Four main gates placed at their ends completed the structure.

Magli however, did not examine the orientation of Pompeii, since the Romans later modified the city’s layout in such a way that the city’s two main became inconspicuous.

"I did not take into consideration all the Roman towns, but only those in which at least the two main roads are still clearly discernible," Magli said.

However, among the towns with two clear main roads, Magli looked at the orientation of grids' axes in relation to the movement of the rising sun at the eastern horizon over the course of the year.

Extraction of this orientation from available archaeological maps, or by using a precision magnetic compass on site, revealed that only three towns oriented toward the north: Pesaro, Rimini and Senigallia, all of which lay relatively close to the west coast of central Italy.

Two towns in northern Italy, Verona and Vicenza, lay near the summer solstice sunrise line. Geographically close, they were founded in the same period, the study further revealed.

"It emerged that the majority of Roman towns in Italy are aligned to sunrise, in relation to important sacred festivals or to the cardinal points," Discovery News quoted Magli as saying.

All the other towns studied were also found to be oriented either within 10 degrees southeast of sunrise, or near the winter solstice sunrise.

"Given these results, we can say that Roman towns in Italy are not randomly oriented. This will help us understand what kind of astronomical knowledge the Romans had," said Magli.

"It is interesting research. It certainly opens the way to more extensive studies," added Manuela Incerti, of Ferrara University's architecture department.

The study is part of a wider research published in Magli's book "Secrets of the Ancient Megalithic Towns," on the physics Web site, www.arXiv.org, maintained at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. (ANI)
[/b]
Dancing is better than marching