Shifting discussion from ttbrown.com

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Shifting discussion from ttbrown.com

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

It would be helpful to switch our conversation from ttbrown.com to this forum .... so I guess that I am the first one in the pool ... Hope that I won't be out here paddling around all by myself.

Raymond ... if you find me here ... lets continue our discussion . You know that I am interested in the basis of communication behind Remote Viewing. You don't have to explain that field a whole lot to me ... I know of the CIA and other interest in folks with that sort of talent and I am aware of SRIs program ... but you are right ... they are just USING the communications without looking at what it really MEANS.

I invite others out there to join us in this discussion .... or any other thread that might reach into the life and work of Townsend Brown
Thanks, Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

CIA interest in Remote Viewing

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Aha Elizabeth... thought you'd be in this pool by yourself? ... not hardly.

My father was CIA all of his adult life. The subject of remote viewing came up before it was even dubbed that. ... Of course anyone who can somehow "see" things the "enemy" has behind closed doors ... well, folks in that field take great interest in that form of intelligence gathering. And I find it interesting that this whole discussion has somehow self generated around the work of Townsend Brown. How exactly did that happen? Its an interesting topic .... but what is the connection between Browns work and a CIA program that Hal Puthoff at SRI was running in the , what ... late 70s? I know that his name is also linked with Zero Energy ... so is that where the connection starts? Anybody out there got some ideas on this? Mark
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

CIA connections/Townsend Brown

Post by Victoria Steele »

SPLASH!

Hello everyone .... I have some answers to Marks question ....

there must be some connection because Paul Schatzkin has already mentioned a sort of vague reference to the CIA in one of his earliest chapters on the life of Townsend Brown .... I think its the "Any Cabbie " chapter .... he has Brown packing for a trip off the island toward the end of his life. Paul describes that there is a discussion between Browns daughter Linda and Brown. She is upset that he is going by himself ... but he insists. Apparently Brown was at the end of his life and probably knew he didn't have much time left ... yet he is taking paperwork somewhere without explaining who or what organization will be given this information. Catch the end of the chapter ... Paul introduces a character named Morgan ... who aparently is still involved with Brown after twenty some years ... and when Morgan was first introduced (chapter..."Boy with the Chestnut hair) Paul writes that this ... then ... boy ... dreamed of working for the CIA.

I have asked several times if that is what happened ... but Paul is letting his story unfold as it should ... so I guess I have to wait .... but he has made references to "covert friends of Townsend Brown" helping him with this book .... so I am just putting two and two together here and guessing that this Morgan character .... was CIA ... and thats where the connection is .... long winded answer ... but does that help Mark? Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Brown CIA?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Victria , Well that would actually make sense. Someone of Townsend Browns obvious talents isn't going to be left un noticed .... or left possibly the target of another country. Remember in the fifties especially there was alot of espionage going on in the US .... World War II had left the fledgling CIA absolutely riddled with agents actually working for the Soviets .... and nobody would have wanted a scientist of Browns ... lets just say ... unusual intellect .... to fall into the wrong hands.

I reread those early chapters and you are right .... Browns pattern fits the bill .... especially this Charles character ..(his bodyguard?/ or keeper?)..

The reason that I got into this story in the first place was that I noted how many times Linda Brown transferred schools. Forty eight! Forty eight! I was staggered .... I am a teacher .....that means something to me... and now that I read it more ... I realize that two of those years were spent in the same school ....

Moving constantly .... or being away for long stretches of time from his family (if there was one) is nearly a hallmark of a person in a covert existance. I speak from experience on the moving .... and the unexplained absences ... and as I explained earlier my Dad never said ANYTHING about his "job". We didn't learn about his involvement with the OSS and then the CIA until we discovered notes and papers hidden away for us.
So even his moving papers at the end of his life .... fits..... Mark
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

48 schools?

Mark .... You are right ... thats how many schools Linda Brown apparently attended . I sat down and very carefully reread everything that Paul has writen . All his little chapterettes as he calls them. And I wondered ... I can remember moving once and being upset. How did Browns family ever survive that schedule. How could she possibly have kept up with her different classes? ... two of her last years at the senior high school where she graduated ... which means she AVERAGED nearly 5 schools a year. Can you imagine that? She can't possibly have been able to keep up. I had a horrible time . And that was just one move when I was a Junior!

Paul introduces her sort of as a recluse and he hasn't said very much about her at all and I am curious. Of course ... anyone following these posts on ttbrown knows that I am the romantic in the crowd . Frankly think this Morgan character very interesting ... want to see where the romance between he and Townsend Browns daughter goes .

So Paul .... its me again .... knock, knock ... so did Morgan really become a CIA agent? and what happened between these two young lovers? I know .... wait ... you will say ..... Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Testing, mostly

Post by Paul S. »

I'm just glad to see that this dialog has swung over here from the main web page. I see I have quite a bit of catching up to do...

I understand there are still some problems logging in, making posts, etc; I will address those problems today and see if I can't get them cleared up.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Regarding Townsend's daughter

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi all, sorry I'm late. Thought I'd throw in a couple of cents.

What I know about Townsend Brown's daughter from speaking with her is that she and Josephine were basically Brown's full time support team. Linda, his daughter, spent much of her time with Brown in the labs, building, designing, etc. during her life. As assistants moved in and out over the years, she was one of the constants in the picture, and was still actively maintaining his remaining equipment, notes, etc. when I met her shortly after he passed away in 1985.

She has quite a history of building, designing, fixing, moving, etc. the electrokinetic precipitator/loudspeakers over the years. They seemed to always have been a rather close-knit family, and Brown and Josephine lived with them in their later years.

Elizabeth, you might be able to shed a bit more light on her. I think you may have spent more time than I have researching her past. As I've said, I am particularly biased towards the technology aspect, and probably wouldn't do justice to the historical aspect.

Andrew
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Historical aspect of scientific work

To Chris, Paul .... and everybody else.

See, that is what I am finding interesting about this TTB story, as Paul is relaying it. It puts the work of Townsend Brown in some sort of framework with his personal life. How many of us have really known ANYTHING about what the man was really like? And in science, any one who is in research will vouch ... you can't separate the person from the work ... they are welded together. But no one has ever really talked about Townsend Browns family life! People have been mentioning him ...flying saucers, The Philadephia Experiment and the " Biefled-Brown effect for years and years ... but no one has had a clue yet about the story behind that. So ... Thank you Paul ... for giving us that look.

I signed up for the Lifter Group ([email protected]) and was AMAZED at the amount of traffic ... people out there actually BUILDING the same (they say .... improved ... units.... but perhaps there is room for doubt on that ...) that Brown demonstrated .... how many years ago ?.... fifty?

I was struck by one thing ... the shapes seem to have resolved into triangles ..... so now (heres the STRANGE PART).... when you log into any discussion of "modern flying saucers" ... you find discussions of "big black TRIANGLES".

So ....... isn't it sort of obvious what has been going on here? Do I have to ask any more? Anybody AWAKE out there? Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

early morning intellectual swim

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Darned Victoria, big questions ... so early in the morning.

Well, I'm here. And I have been thinking.

What you said about the value of seeing Townsend Browns life (as Paul is writing it)... put up against what is known about his work ... (stressing that not much is actually known.) .... is like a grand weighing experiment. You pile what you know in one part of the scale . And then try to even it out. And BOY .... when you do that .... there are some interesting discrepancies.

So I have been doing what you have been doing. Reading those little chapterettes carefully ... looking for hints to what might have been going on in his ... otherwise maybe ... hidden world. Of course, we have already mentioned the constant moving. He seems to have had an honorable life ... so I guess I can rule out the idea that he might have been running from the law .... so why was he constantly on the move? And I mean CONSTANTLY.

I have a tendency to believe that he MUST have been involved with an intelligence agency because .... that fits...... As I have said before ... with my family history ... we never knew WHY we were moving so much ... and why Dad was away so much ... eventually it got to be too much for Mom and they divorced. So it wasn't until after his death that we found papers that aimed toward explanations ... and so, from a personal level , I can see the similarities.

Given that .... in 1967 Paul writes about the Browns being in Santa Monica and he mentions Rand. He also mentions Curtis LeMay. I laughed over Linda Browns "How many Generals does it take?" remark .... but LOOK FOLKS at what was actually happening. Rand was in charge of many Air Force Black projects at the time ..... and Brown and his daughter are right in the middle of it. How many Generals does it take, indeed. Mark
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Jump on in!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hi Cepelin! Welcome! The waters not all that cold this morning! Jump on into this discussion .... Your comments are welcomed .... and ... Hey , if there are enough of us in this pool .... nobody will drown in their own thoughts. Join us! Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

TTB Patent Reference from Nexus Article

Post by Chris Knight »

Well, I received the copy of the Nexus Magazine I ordered containing the article, "ParaSETI - ET Contact via Subtle Energies."

In it, Mr. Gavin Dingley references, "Brown, T. Townsend, "Electrogravitational Communication System", US Patent No. 719,767, issued September 1956."

I mentioned it somewhere before, that it doesn't exist as far as the patent office is concerned, and neither the Brown family or I have it in our files. The gravitational communication system preliminary patent papers (section II) were dated 1953, so a patent would conceivably have been issued in late 1956.

If anyone comes across this patent, section I of the above patent papers, or anything referencing them, please let me know so I can get them up on the site.

Andrew
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Andrew
Could it be that the reference is for a patent in the UK?

From what I can tell all US patents in the 50s were allready up over the 2,000,000 level in registration numbers.

In the UK however, there were patents from 1951 up which are numbered in the 700,000 range including one patent number 719,687 which was issued for an "electrostatic generator"

Now, I'm not even sure if its logical to assume that the number range must be pertinent to match up to the dates, however I sincerely doubt that all other patents in the 50s were 7 figures in length except for one. (or even a few dozen I suppose)

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Gee, I was reading over that nexus magazine article and it states that Brown had received a negative response from his lectures over his work with "high-voltage weight reduction". Maybe everyone in the press though he was really talking about some sort of cruel method to go on a diet!! :lol:
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Andrew
Why don't we just ASK HIM (Gavin Dingley) if he's sure about that patent number. :roll: his e-mail is; [email protected] He has a webpage at www.tesla-research.ukf.net

Maybe he'll send us a copy!

Trickfox
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Gavin Dingley

Post by Chris Knight »

Thanks Trickfox,

You're right, there are a lot of things wrong with the patent number, etc. Everything but the date and the title of the supposed patent.

I tried to contact Dingley through Nexus, and his given email, but I could not find him. I really appreciate you passing that along.

I shot him off an email requesting a PDF copy, so we'll see if, and how he responds. Hopefully we'll know one way or another.

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.