Chapter 59: The Whole Deal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

more thoughts

Post by grinder »

The hair is standing up on my arms again.

What would the Argonaut have looked like? We already know folks! Take a look at the film where you have Bahnson and Dr. Brown standing together smiling, on the blackboard behind them. There she is. Bigger than life

Other people have called it the Adamski "Scout ship"
But wait folks. Which came first?
I know in the ordinary world you have to say .... Adamski saw this thing in the late forties ...wrote a book ... took pictures .... and then ( ONLY THEN) Dr. Brown developed a strange fondness and understanding of the design so that he used pictures of the craft and even had a prototype model of it .

BUT MAYBE In Alices world. Thats not what happened.

Are you all with me here because I want company out on this mental limb. See the implications of where I am going here everybody.

Anybody there?
ARE WE LOOKING RIGHT AT THE PROOF OF TIMETRAVEL? JUST WAITING FOR US TO SEE IT?????????? grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: more thoughts

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:The hair is standing up on my arms again.

What would the Argonaut have looked like? We already know folks! Take a look at the film where you have Bahnson and Dr. Brown standing together smiling, on the blackboard behind them. There she is. Bigger than life

Other people have called it the Adamski "Scout ship"
I know in the ordinary world you have to say .... Adamski saw this thing in the late forties ...wrote a book ... took pictures .... and then ( ONLY THEN) Dr. Brown developed a strange fondness and understanding of the design so that he used pictures of the craft and even had a prototype model of it .

BUT MAYBE In Alices world. Thats not what happened.

Are you all with me here because I want company out on this mental limb. See the implications of where I am going here everybody.

Anybody there?
ARE WE LOOKING RIGHT AT THE PROOF OF TIMETRAVEL? JUST WAITING FOR US TO SEE IT?????????? grinder
Grinder my old friend (may I use that noun? )

I don't believe that would be the final design for that design is using the flame jet for the HV buildup.

I would do it differently.

Just a thought and a nickel

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

This just seems appropriate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CcOx1ixzJw
America has some real class people.

Talking of Jimmy Buffett, looks like barking sand?, in Jamaica
http://margaritaville.com/
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the whole point

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

I know you would do it differently. Can you see the smile but not the cat?

Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: the whole point

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Mikado,

I know you would do it differently. Can you see the smile but not the cat?

Elizabeth
There is that reference to Alice again. But in any event, I would build it to go back and get some help with the math from Beau.....but then I would need the math to....... Trickfox....Trickfox?....help! <g>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

The old Argonaut

Haven't found it yet but I do know that Bahnson never mentioned time travel. His Argonaut was a highly advanced propulsion system that could go faster than anything around it and therefore could offer a real threat to the military establishment. And thats the soup that the book got caught up in ..... but Dr. Brown I think, if HE had written a book. What would HIS Argonaut have looked like?

In the fifties I believed that he rather liked the lines of the " Adamski Saucer" In fact he did use that exact design to illustrate the workings of some of his Electrohydrodynamic effects. Maybe it was a design which was appropriate for the times . But he never , EVER, mentioned time travel or anything like that publically. Now the discussions that he had with his daughter and his wife and with a young man sitting with him in a Philadelphia park in the late spring of 1966, well, thats another thing. Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

The Original

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote:This just seems appropriate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CcOx1ixzJw
Actually, I'm kinda partial to this Neil Young version (from 1971):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7M1Se-p ... ed&search=

Sorta reminds of when we were all "Young"

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Just what is "Time"

Post by Paul S. »

...if you're not "stuck" in it?
grinder wrote:Other people have called it the Adamski "Scout ship"

I've been asking the same question for quite some time.
ARE WE LOOKING RIGHT AT THE PROOF OF TIMETRAVEL? JUST WAITING FOR US TO SEE IT ??????????
Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

OK Paul

You have obviously learned from the best. When asked a question .... answer with one! <g> Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

twice as many

Post by Victoria Steele »

Yes but notice something Elizabeth. He has asked not one but TWO. I can't decide whether that trait will get him twice as far .... er ... in twice as much trouble! I love it! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

My Middle Name

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: I can't decide whether that trait will get him twice as far .... er ... in twice as much trouble! I love it! Victoria
Are you kidding? I'm already in twice as much trouble.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

second power supply

Mikado,

I agree with you. What would have been right for the first generation Argonaut of Bahnsons thinking ( flame jet generator etc) IS NOT the ship that Dr. Brown mentioned to Morgan. Oh initially it might have looked like it but I am sure that improvements were being made all the time and that summer in Philadelphia was a pivotal time in the research AND development. and if they were wearing dosimeter badges again what does that indicate?

And I do think that it was probably important that Linda stayed and helped her Dad that summer. She might have been isolated from knowledge about what was going on but her presence I think might have a difference to Dr. Brown.

And there is another thought that nags at me. Whats going on with the communication end of this thing. Nice to have a mystery ship out there that no one can keep track of .... But how does its own base camp keep track of it? hmmmm. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul,
Your link to Neil Young, was my first choice.
As a 49 vintage myself, and my son been named Neil ( after armstrong )
I would, but.
The GOLDen heart swung it in favour of CASH.
I found this last section very moving and showed great heart, not only about the two people , but how you had caught it.
Don't overlook GOLD, and the harmonics of Neil Young, that resonate about another TIME.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: second power supply

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Mikado,

I agree with you. What would have been right for the first generation Argonaut of Bahnsons thinking ( flame jet generator etc) IS NOT the ship that Dr. Brown mentioned to Morgan. Oh initially it might have looked like it but I am sure that improvements were being made all the time and that summer in Philadelphia was a pivotal time in the research AND development. and if they were wearing dosimeter badges again what does that indicate?
Hehehe, you wanna make a bet on it?
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: And I do think that it was probably important that Linda stayed and helped her Dad that summer. She might have been isolated from knowledge about what was going on but her presence I think might have a difference to Dr. Brown.
And I would wager another bet that Linda is laying low because she knows alot more than the average bear.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: And there is another thought that nags at me. Whats going on with the communication end of this thing. Nice to have a mystery ship out there that no one can keep track of .... But how does its own base camp keep track of it? hmmmm. Elizabeth
Want to know how? In detail or in general?

Mikado
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake, wrote,
" and their is another THOUGHT that Keeps nagging at me "
Spot on girl.
kevin
fibonacci is king