Pearl Harbor Demonstration

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

his words

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thankyou Navigator for that link. Especially this in Townsend Browns own words.

In fact, it might be said that the concrete body of the universe is nothing more than an assemblage of energy which, in itself, is quite intangible. Of course, it is self-evident that matter is connected with gravitation and it follows logically that electricity is likewise connected. These relations exist in the realm of pure energy and consequently are very basic in nature. In all reality they constitute the true backbone of the universe.

Damn ... see what I mean about "vibrating words? Theres CONCRETE again Flow. But I encourage all of you to read his words carefully.

" THE CONCRETE BODY OF THE UNIVERSE IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN ASSEMBLAGE OF ENERGY."

BACKBONE OF THE UNIVERSE???????

As Paul says Morgan might say at this point ..... " Chew on that." Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Those words and some others jumped out at me also.
I have read it before, but when other parts of this book appear, then you can suddenly see the clues left?
In the patent, SPACE CARS, what are they ?
As early as 1923 the writer and his colleagues anticipated the present situation?
There are lots more sections on TTB in that site.

Everything is one, and that is space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCf_F515oc
Kevin
fibonacci is king
grinder
Senior Officer

Robinson Family?

Post by grinder »

Martin,

I don't understand your comment about Dr. Brown going " Robinson Crusoe". I mean moving to Honolulu just after the war must have been pretty exciting, but not exactly primitive! Alot of building, I imagine. Just think of all of the service guys that had spent some Rand R there and then having the chance to come back on a vacation with their families. Tourism I would guess would be booming and the place had to be busy and active. Mr Vassilatos said that Dr. Brown " retired " there and apparently enjoyed it. So I don't expect that a man of his character and upbringing would be living in some treehouse somewhere. And he took his Mother? I expect that they had a fine house somewhere, as she would expect it.

I spent some time in Honolulu as a kid. I remember it as being hot and busy, cars everywhere. Wasn't at all what I thought " the islands" would be until I got a chance to hit a beach somewhere. Then things got better.

Paul,

Are we off for another week or will we see a chapter this week? Happy 4th of july or not? grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Robinson Family?

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:I don't understand your comment about Dr. Brown going " Robinson Crusoe".
I wondered if maybe Martin didn't mean "Swiss Family Robinson."

Yes, parts of Hawaii in the 1940s were pretty civilized -- primarily Oahu and Honolulu/Waikiki. The outer islands were still pretty... well, native, if not primitive. Even Maui, when I moved there in 1980, was just beginning to develop. The Browns were on Kauai, and as you''ll see when I get the next chapter up, "native" is a pretty apt description.

It will probably NOT be Thursday, though, grinder because, as is often the case, I find the early going in this chapter is as much reading/researching as writing... background, you know...??

Oh, yeah, and a holiday in the middle of the week to boot. Happy Independence Day. Must get my flag out. Baseball hot dogs and fireworks is tonight (home team on the road tomorrow).

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
skyfish
Senior Officer

Re: Pearl Harbor Demonstration

Post by skyfish »

Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Odd how some thought trends go. I have to thank you Skyfish for sort of closing a loop for me. For the past several days I have been thinking alot about my mom. Not sure why. Maybe some of the lessons that she tried to teach me are finally sinking in! In any case when you posted that link to your ship ... and I scrolled the picture of all of those white uniforms all I could think of was a sort of silly little expression that my Mom developed.

First of all you have to realize that ... even though my Dad was one of the most difficult persons to live with on the planet I would guess ... My mother never really separated from him ... though there were I am sure some really rocky moments. They actually divorced in the early forties ... and then remarried. Paul will talk about that but Mother never talked about it ... to anyone. And once in 1960 I overheard a tearful conversation in the dead of the night .... Mother sobbing ... " I just can't do this anymore". When I woke the next morning my life had changed drastically. Mother and I began a life together , and Daddy was gone. In a couple of months though he collapsed and was hospitalized and Mother drove to his side with the oath that they would never be parted like that again. Oh, he still would take off when he needed to ... for as long as he needed to be gone ... but she always knew how important it was for her to keep " the home fires burning" Anyone who has experienced even close to that type of lifestyle will appreciate the stresses. In any case ... He never doubted her fidelity to their marriage ... and she never questioned his ... they were both just dealing with something that demanded much attention and sacrifice from both of them.

And sometimes with all of this talk about what Dad did here and what Dad did there I do have the thought that Mother with her quiet dedication gets the short end of the stick here.

She was a funny lady. And I thought of her especially when I saw that picture of all of those white uniforms. I quesss when she was a newly married young woman ( remember she was married at 18!!!) she used to tweek Dad a little bit by squealing " Sailors!!!" whenever she saw them. She LOVED the uniform! She loved Daddy of course and the enthusiasm just sort of spilled over! I can still hear her ..... on occasion of seeing a group on " leave".... (even when she was an older lady .......Oh ! SAILORS!!!!!!. she would say with the same sort of youthful delight!

She would have loved seeing you in uniform Skyfish! Thanks for the memories! Linda
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

This might be alittle off the "Pearl Harbor Demonstration" topic but bear with me for just a moment because I am following this thread .

Linda,
I don't remember seeing this particular discussion in Pauls book. Really. I mean , this whole thing about your Dad being so difficult and their " separation" until he got sick? I don't remember seeing that. Why is that missing?

Hey Paul. I am just a little lost here because I thought that you kept up pretty well with the storyline but there is obviously a hole here. OH . right. The "missing years" section. The nine years when nothing was written in those notebooks. RIGHT. So when do we learn about all of that?

I can understand that you would not want to get into a topic that is so black you can't really tell anything about what the man was doing, but obviously what he was doing was affecting his family. A wife who has stood by him all of this time . since she was 18 ferchrisesake, suddenly " sobs" ( Lindas rendition of her Mothers words) " I can't do this any more" ( or something similar?) Thats a hell of alot to talk about emotionally and if you can't go back there somehow I really do feel that you are going to miss a big, no... BIG part of the importance of your book.

As Mr. Twigsnapper said " remember the women!".

And I am sorry about my ramble on the other thread about AMs words but he got my steam up. And you have to laugh. Trying to blame Dr. Brown for the Cesium cloud .... presenting half of the story without showing the full quote ... and when he called Mr. Twigsnapper a liar that really interested me. If you look at the quote Mr. Twigsnapper had said "COULD I LIE?" and the answer was " YOU BET YOUR ASS!" Seems that there has been alot of warm and cold asses in this discussion! I'll go with the ones that cart the courage. Mark
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Hi Linda,
I also did work on these ships.

I am going to dive this! Hard to believe they sunk The Mighty O.
I saw it on the discovery channel. It was had to watch them sink her.

http://www.divemightyo.com/

and these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Midway_(CV-41)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Coral_Sea_(CV-43)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(CVN-65)

I loved watching flight operations. The ocean is beautiful and the sights are amazing.
The night sky is unparalleled.

skyfish
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Hawaii, sand, sun, surf, sea. open sea, deep sea, lots of sea...
I guess somethings just take to the water so well, so smoothly, so quietly, hardly a ripple

musings of the arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

And especially DEEP water. Wherever that happens to be. A whole new world ... right under our noses! Musing in the morning too Arc. Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Do you ever sleep???????

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Mikado,

No! <g> some will say NO <g>

Sometimes I do remind myself of Daddy. He used to " wander around" at night... but then of course he would finds ways of catching up with what he needed by napping during the day. I have a distinct disadvantage with that because my life currently doesn't allow for very many " naps". So if I end up sounding like a cranky little kid sometimes you will know why.

Besides as I recall that was one of my favorite Morgan answers to a particular question. " Who Sleeps?" <g> Linda
Langley
Senior Officer

I say again

Post by Langley »

But only because Im circling like a gooney bird around this thing. Trying to get a handle.

Brown left the Navy. Separation. Not interested. Na, Nope, no fit.

Or so the cover story goes.

Shite, silent e, when I was at Radiac monitoring French fallout, I asked my Captain a technical question. He rang a number to get permission to answer me. He rang ANSTO. Aust Nuke Science Tech Org. CIVILIANS. THEY COMMANDED MY COMMANDER and his answer was "Corporal Langley, they have told me you do not need to know, so I cannot tell you."

Civilians shermilions. Dont matter a damn.

Its cover. Deep cover. A divorce that never happened. From the perspective of those actually getting things done.

And before that he was what, in the position normally occupied by a big nog at a radar school.

Radar. Ha. Code for something else.

Mark Oliphant arrived in America with instructions from MAUD to gee up the Americans in August 1941. No interest. (My left foot) Only Ernest Lawrence would listen. Oliphants cover was a mission re radar. The number of radar people in the bomb program is interesting. Ernest lawrence separated uranium isotopes by ionising uranium within a a charged field. The ions flew across the device from the negative to the positive and tracked different trajectories according to the isotope.

Deep below the atomic program was the Brown program. What Ernest Lawrence did with his EM U separation was ion propulsion. I wont hear any arguments about it. Ive said it before and Im repeating it now. It happened in California in the early 40s.

In 1946 something happened. The Atomic Energy Act. It controlled a lot of information. It over rode legally certain inalienable rights pertaining to information deemed to be related to nuclear activities.

EVERYTHING IS MADE OF ATOMS. Im being bleeding obvious sorry but this is a live parrot talking.

By 1947 the stuff declassified became subject to the over arching provisions of the Act.

By 1954 it was amended and around that time an entire print run of Scientific American got burnt by the AEC.

I am not saying Brown was involved in the bomb. Not at all.

He was, I feel certain, involved with America.

Doesnt matter that he was a civilian. Whats that anyway, the Atomic Energy Act was up and running.

Deem. Look that up. The government can deem anything if a legal cause allows. Social Security deem deliberate loss of income for example. Few ifs or buts. (Give your spare loot to your kids early) (Dad) If you do it late, it costs pension money. Deeming. Ions can be deemed to be atomic quite logically.

Anyhow, where was I before I started choosing the colour of my Porsche? (in my dreams) Oh yea 1954

Born Secret.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_secret

Born secret" and "born classified" are both terms which refer to a policy of information being classified from the moment of its inception, USUALLY[quote][/quote] (NB, PAY ATTENTION, VAGUELY IMPORTANT, OF RELEVANCE) regardless of where it was being created, usually in reference to specific laws in the United States that are related to information that describes the operation of nuclear weapons.

It has been extensively used in reference to a clause in the Atomic Energy Act of 1946, which specified that all information about nuclear weapons and nuclear energy was to be considered "Restricted Data" (RD) until it had been officially declassified. In the 1954 revision of the Act, the United States Atomic Energy Commission was given the power to declassify entire categories of information. The "born secret" policy was created under the assumption that nuclear information could be so important to national security that it would need classification before it could be formally evaluated. The wording of the 1954 act specified that:

All data concerning (1) design, manufacture, or utilization of atomic weapons; (2) the production of special nuclear material; or (3) the use of special nuclear material in the production of energy, but shall not include data declassified or removed from the Restricted Data category pursuant to section 2162 of this title. (Quist 2002, ch. 4)

Whether or not it is constitutional to declare entire categories of information pre-emptively classified is not clearly known. When it was directly challenged in a freedom of the press case in 1979 (USA v. The Progressive et al) where a magazine attempted to publish an account of the so-called "secret of the hydrogen bomb" (the Teller-Ulam design) which was apparently created without recourse to classified information, many analysts predicted that the Supreme Court would, if it heard the case, reject the "born secret" clause as being an unconstitutional restriction of speech. The government, however, dropped the case as moot before it was resolved. (DeVolpi 1981)

And if anyone is left with me at this point, please follow to Cardozo.

If not here it is

http://fas.org/sgp//eprint/cardozo.pdf.

"However, by August 1, 1946, when the Atomic Energy Act
reached President Truman for signature, the new second purpose was
“(2) A program for the control of scientific and technical
information . . .,”
and Section 9 was gone, replaced by a new Section
10, “Control of Information.” This new section contained the novel
doctrine later described as “born secret.” Slightly modified in 1954, it is
still in force today."

"The phrase “all data” included every
suggestion, speculation, scenario, or rumor—past, present, or future,
regardless of its source, or even of its accuracy—unless it was
declassified. All such data were born secret and belonged to the
government. If you related a dream about nuclear weapons, you were
breaking the law. "

The Pearl Harbor demo may have been a demo designed as a feint and thats been said before. Lots of gee whizz but not bang, and everyone goes home and nothing happens. And then every known vector for information from the US to the USSR would have been monitored as closely as the times permitted to see if there was a lead back to the mole.

The US was aware from early days.

The defence of any realm does not rely on any one method. The myth that one technology is the one to watch is quite deliberately just that.

Now, if you look at Ernest Lawrence's Caultron thingy again, as a complete system, he's pumping mega voltages in . And its in the frigging air and the uranium ions are bleedin well chasing the positive.

Pearl Harbor demo, very interesting.

Berkeley flying uranium very interesting too.

Usually allows does not disallow the usual. The converse is implied. TT Brown was not usual.

In 1946 the US did not pass a law entitled the TT Brown Technology Act. It didnt have to. It was Born Secret under another piece of legislation.

IMO.

Look if Lawrence had put his caultron in a boat would it have moved? Apart from us Greenies screaming blue murder about the ensuing jet of ionised uranium coming out the back, of course it would. The motion of the boat would be conventional, the propulsion of the uranium ions is not.

Chasing the positive.

Im not in a good frame, but anyway if you can put up with me, this is a scene setter, and from it, with other docs, the "atomic' can be seen to have started before 1941. Probably 1905. Certainly by 1925.

Ions are dual use. at least. Not just relevant to ionising radiation.

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?recor ... 9&page=382

page 385 of that says in part " On Jan 16, 1939, 7 mths before the German attack on Poland, Niels Bohr had arrived from Copenhagen with disquieting news of a German experiment....."

The rest follows from that. That the Germans, like everyone else, had been firing ions (in the broad terms) and had used uranium as the target. Lise M (she should be famous) (but she was a woman) using Einstein's equation (1905) (We are Post Modern and forget the real modern age) (it was before Groves) (BG) calculated the energy output from exile as she was a Jew. She also predicted the immediate fission products.

Meanwhile, shortly after, the non weapon ion shooter, TT Brown quietly leaves the Navy, just after Fermi conferences with Abelson (who spent his holidays with Lawrence cooking up plutonium with Seaborg) and Gunn. Now, Brown was not part of the weapons program. He had a different tech for the fundamentals. If the AEC was Microsoft Brown was Apple. One's a computer, the other is a I dunno, a gizmo. One that can do anything without hanging. (OK Ill argue about that poor analogy)

Still I cant prove it.
Last edited by Langley on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

From the other thread Langley ... still drying my eyes ... read it to my husband ... both trying to dry our eyes. ...Powerful words which captured so much. I don't think I will ever see a dog on the beach without thinking of your Gizmo going in to her belly and then looking back at you.

And seeing your words here I just wonder if she would be thinking too ..... how much she loved you, even though she would probably add " I don't really understand a word he says ....BUT isn't he the most wonderful creature.!"

Morgan said once that his big dog ( " Cactus Jack" , an Irish Wolfhound!) would sleep in front of him so that Morgan could rest his feet up on that big back and he added the thought once that it was really a shame that Jack couldn't understand all of those books in that library ... that there was so much that he could not understand ... But Morgan figured later .... Anything that Jack didn't know of the human knowledge and experience .. words, words, words, words.... he didn't actually need to know. His own knowledge base of the Universe was so much deeper that it would put that particular fine library to shame. And thats the way it was for your little one too I think. Course I can't prove it <g> Linda
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Linda Brown wrote:From the other thread Langley ... still drying my eyes ... read it to my husband ... both trying to dry our eyes. ...Powerful words which captured so much. I don't think I will ever see a dog on the beach without thinking of your Gizmo going in to her belly and then looking back at you.

And seeing your words here I just wonder if she would be thinking too ..... how much she loved you, even though she would probably add " I don't really understand a word he says ....BUT isn't he the most wonderful creature.!"

Morgan said once that his big dog ( " Cactus Jack" , an Irish Wolfhound!) would sleep in front of him so that Morgan could rest his feet up on that big back and he added the thought once that it was really a shame that Jack couldn't understand all of those books in that library ... that there was so much that he could not understand ... But Morgan figured later .... Anything that Jack didn't know of the human knowledge and experience .. words, words, words, words.... he didn't actually need to know. His own knowledge base of the Universe was so much deeper that it would put that particular fine library to shame. And thats the way it was for your little one too I think. Course I can't prove it <g> Linda
Its a hard lesson. The value of being. Any being. Immense.