Chapter 38 - Parallel Lives

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 38 - Parallel Lives

Post by Paul S. »

Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

I'm back!

Post by Victoria Steele »

See, what did I tell you! I just knew this was going in this direction but I didn't know how!

Now I recognize the fact that there is alot of important stuff going on around these two lovers .....( no ..... make that four lovers because you have to count Josephine and Townsend too.)

I am sure that they recognized the love that Linda and Morgan were experiencing because THEY HAD IT TOO ..... which means , just as Paul has hinted .... Josephine knew what was in the future for them.

Oh! what a great story! Great story! Theres something .... grand .... sweeping about it..... and its going to break our hearts. And I am hooked entirely. Thanks Paul. Got to post this just so I maintain my position! Really home in a few more days . Thanks for this!!!

Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

Wow .... double WOW

Post by grinder »

Now THERE is an interesting mix of facts and romance.

I was especially interested in the fact that Dr. Brown OBVIOUSLY set up a meeting with this Tolstoy fellow. So who is this guy really? Obviously again he is running poor Morgan through hoops (but at the end of it, exactly the kind of life that he had imagined for himself. Amazing!) My head would be exploding as Paul puts it! Boston, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco .... Nassau. Sounding more like James Bond all the time. All he has to do, is never really go home again to his old life. Wait. What is that REALLY going to mean?

Going to find out more about this Tolstoy guy. Obviously he is part of the "Caroline Group" as Dr. Brown is ....... so off I go to find out more about him. Anybody else out there, please chime in with information you happen to find. I may have the knickname "grinder" for my persistance but that doesn't mean I can dig up everything. And I think this Group has had a long history of keeping things hidden. But look here folks! A real treasure hunt. Digging in the sand for buried treasure. I love it! Grinder
Janoshek
Space Cadet

Illya Tolstoy

Post by Janoshek »

Count Illya Tolstoy was a captain in the OSS early on. He was sent with another man to Tibet to allow an air base to be built so the burma road could be bombed.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Illya Tolstoy

Post by Paul S. »

Janoshek wrote:Count Illya Tolstoy was a captain in the OSS early on. He was sent with another man to Tibet to allow an air base to be built so the burma road could be bombed.
That would be the "Tolstoy/Dolan" expedition. Read all about it:

http://www.skidmore.edu/academics/asian ... ition.html

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

tests

Post by ladygrady »

Pretty obvious that the fellow is being recruited. But what happens now? They give him a year to " cut away from his old life?" Does that mean that he just walks away from his relatives, his old girlfriends? What about college? I mean, the young man seems to be fairly bright and by all acoounts earlier was quite a good student. So does he just leave? and what about the draft? As I recall any male of his age during that time was either in college, in Canada or In Viet Nam. Pretty poor choices there (sorry Canada)

So if he went to work as a "security agent" just what would that mean? And I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND why Mrs Brown would make that strong a statement to Morgan. Surely she sees what is happening. Wouldn't she want her daughter to be happy?

And so far, besides being pretty welcomed into the family Morgan is told that he must keep his work a secret from their very own daughter. Thats just strange.

What would have happened if he had said "I want to marry Linda". would the job offer have vanished? I guess we can figure that didn't happen, right? Grady
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

As discussing with my Linda:

Family members of leaders in transportation and technology building a theme park? A pioneering facility of what?

Vanderbilts = Railroad and shipping empire (transportation),
Pratt = Standard Oil (fuel), and
And a former Russian captain.

Odd combo.

Our only thought being in underwater cinematography that it might be a good cover for ocean floor mapping systems.

Andrew (and Linda)
Last edited by Chris Knight on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Illya Tolstoy, and company

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Janoshek wrote:Count Illya Tolstoy was a captain in the OSS early on. He was sent with another man to Tibet to allow an air base to be built so the burma road could be bombed.
Yes, I remember having a conversation years and years ago with my mom about this. The other man was Brooke Dolan II (1908 - 1945), a naturalist who studies at Princeton and Harvard. He made several expedtiions to Sichuan, and Tibet. "He was killed while attempting the rescue of Allied bomber crews downed behind enemy lines in Chongking" while on a mission for the OSS.

Andy and I read this chapter today. Great history! Rich story! We had a great discussion about the four men who created the "pioneering facility".

Linda
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

isn't it odd

Post by Victoria Steele »

Linda B, and Andrew,

Isn't it odd that I can be still on vacation and still compelled to keep up with this. Now see, Paul ... if this was already in book form I could take it to the beach with me, It would be the best read ever. Somebody call Oprah ... You only must THINK I am kidding, cause I am not.

So this Russian Count, who visited and threatened my man Morgan is the same one who was working for the OSS in China and Tibet? Whose partner (the man named Dolan was killed trying to save a bomber crew?) Damn. Paul this one book isn't going to be big enough. I hope you are taking notes for "Parallel Two".

And he told Morgan. You decide now because if you get in this too deep and then decide to back out. You are a dead man? Look at the picture that Paul included. He scares the crap outta me and I believe him.

Yet this man is an oceanographer? a founder of some underswater preserves in the Bahamas? How wierd is that? And as I recall, The Caroline was plying those depths with cable and sonar. Something much bigger is happening here folks and it aint our imaginations. Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

shorter responses

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I just sent off a really long response. And it just disappeared in cyberspace and now I can't find it so I guess thats a reminder to keep it short and to the point.

Paul has mentioned before ... teams of two .... working for the Caroline Group. I submit that we are seeing that in operation with Tolstoy and Dolan. A marine biologist and a Naturalist .... in Tibet, working for the OSS? Want to bet that the OSS didn't know anything about the Caroline Groups agenda? Want to bet there are other Caroline teams working right under other noses, undetected. (thanks for the information Linda, I had not seen that about Tolstoys partner. Your Mom told you about this? can you elaborate?)

And heres the twist folks. Are they worried really about oil? Or military strength? These, I am sure, are dangerous men. One look at Tolstoy and what he said to Morgan and I believe that at some point this man himself "signed on for life" .... and I sadly have come to the conclusion that maybe Morgan turned into a dangerous man later. He was what was needed by the Caroline Group at the time? They obviously wanted the guy. And if he did sign on for life? Paul is busy on that part I am sure.

But what is Agenda for this kind of committment? Here are men who are willing to apparently give up everything .... For what? What was Dr. Browns agenda? Tolstoy went on to help found one of the first underwater preserves in the Bahamas. What was the agenda in that. REALLY.

Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

undetected

Post by twigsnapper »

Understand here, if you were to have a network like this, where your "Caroline Operatives" were working under the superstructure of other agencies they would still have to communicate with each other. The most dangerous part of an operatives existence is when he pops his head up to communicate with home base. I know because in other situations I was usually on the other end just waiting for that to happen. Trickfox understands.

The Caroline Groups communication system would have to be .... unbreakable, totally secure and even better ...... unrecognizable.

Now these men are masters in the communication and intelligence game. Look at Stephenson. If he had to communicate with his people in the field it is only rational to assume that he would have the highest technology available. And what Paul, do you think that might be?

Twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

stirring the pot

Post by grinder »

Well, lets js see who I can manage to insult over here. (Trickfox you seeing this, you still mad? If I say I am sorry again for misplaced words will you understand?)

OK, like I said. How much trouble can I cause here?

IF you are ready to buy into the theory that there MIGHT be such an organization as what Paul calls his "Caroline Group" then studying what they seem to be doing is very important.

Headquarters in Nassau? Thats what Morgan has told Paul. Alright.

Members? Very illustrious financial powers, obviously. Probably with fingers everywhere.

Stephenson acting as their "intelligence bureau chief" (a role that earned him a statue at the CIA. and honors) But he himself never went looking for that. In fact its difficult to even find mention of the man, anywhere. And Dr. Brown left holes? This man is as bad, maybe worse.

So if this "group" is operating under the radar, they are doing it with EVERYBODY. even the intelligence outfits (OSS,CIA, MI5, MI6 and the whole range of others) How could they POSSIBLY do that without being detected. And suddenly I remember the chapter that Paul wrote about our future agent man Morgan saying to him at Ashlawn .... "so nobody could hear this, right?" Paul, You there?

And that gets me back to an original question. How could these UFO continue to be Unidentified when people have been studying them and actively looking for them for ...... sixty years people! sixty blanking years! and now you have an outfit like the NRO which can target your newspaper on your porch from space. Who could hide from them? We would not be talking about a bearded terrorist going from cave to cave. We would be talking about "Flying Saucers" or "Big Black Triangles" or who knows. Why cant they actually be spotted and identified for chrisake?

Unless of course, it seems so obvious now, someone from their inside, has them looking elsewhere? OK now, reel me back in. I have gone too far! grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: stirring the pot

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Well, lets js see who I can manage to insult over here. (Trickfox you seeing this, you still mad? If I say I am sorry again for misplaced words will you understand?)
Welcome to the club, my friend...
Paul wrote about our future agent man Morgan saying to him at Ashlawn .... "so nobody could hear this, right?" Paul, You there?
Yes, and following right along with you.

I confess, I have always had a bit of problem grasping the full meaning of Morgan's observation, "so nobody could hear this," when referring to Dr. Brown's loudspeaker configuration.

First of all, what good is it to transmit any kind of signal if SOMEBODY can't hear it somewhere?

And, if there is somebody on 'the other end,' then what more would they need than a reverse-configured device to "hear" what is being sent?

I mean, if I have a standard radio transmitter, and nobody's got an radio receiver, nobody's going to be able to "hear" what I send, right? What they need is a receiver capapble of picking up whatever frequency is being transmitted (or, in the case of a tunable receiver, a band of frequencies).

So long as somebody you don't want receiving your transmissions is not adequately equipped, they will not be able to "hear" what your sending. But, what's to stop them if they DO have the right equipment?

So there is something... MISSING... in Morgan's statement, don't you think? Isn't the rest of the statement, "nobody would be able to hear this... with the kind of equipment in use today... unless they had one of 'these' on the other end?"
And that gets me back to an original question. How could these UFO continue to be Unidentified when people have been studying them and actively looking for them for ...... sixty years people! ... Why cant they actually be spotted and identified for chrisake?
Well now, THERE's a good question. But. haven't they all been identified as... swamp gas or some such thing?
Unless of course, it seems so obvious now, someone from their inside, has them looking elsewhere? OK now, reel me back in. I have gone too far! grinder
No, just sounds like the Red Pill just kicked in...now all we have to do is yank that thing out of your neck...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
grinder
Senior Officer

nobody can hear, nobody can see

Post by grinder »

Oh, this is like, really rich stuff. I just typed "Nobody can hear, nobody can see " and I am not entirely sure why I did that and then I realized that you had started a thread somewhere else about nobody being able to "see" the ships either because they were somehow on the other side of a "conciousness barrier of some sort.

So.... I don't understand your question about Morgans statement to Dr. Brown. So nobody could hear this? meaning anything transmitted would not be recognized by the other ears out there.

Now heres the thing. What if, years ago, Dr. Brown developed this sort of "signalling device' He might know that it was capable of SENDING and if he had that mentality it wouldn't take him any time to work on the opposite end. So when he is showing Morgan a unit that could send ... he is also saying to him that he has one that can recieve too .... and I think that the kid caught on that early. You said that he was smart so he was putting two and two together pretty fast.

Here is my point. If Dr. Brown found a communications device that would enable his "Caroline Group " to signal each other that would give them ALL the advantage. But maybe eventually, or maybe right away, Dr. Brown figured that he wasn't the only one using that "gravity phone" Just because they don't pick up and say something, doesn't mean they are not there, right?

Shit, this is exciting. grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

picking up the phone

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hi Guys! Great flow of thought.

And what if ...... that other entity out there can monitor the flow of information with this "advanced human system". Would they interrupt the conversation by announcing themselves.

Lets see, thats a real good question. WHY would they break into the conversation? What would they want to offer or to share? By "breaking in" or transmitting at all ..... just as Mr. Twigsnapper is saying they would be breaking their own cover. What would be the purpose in that?

And there is the matter of respect. Your phone might ring but that doesn't mean that you necessarily want to talk to the person on the other end. Or if its one of those random things maybe you don't even want anyone to know that you are home.

Lets see, got to think on that one for awhile. Perhaps these are the "boys upstairs" ( I think Adamski called them that, as well as other writers) had been supplying "inspriration" for centuries. But you see ... thats a one sided situation and most humans are vain enough to think that all of those thoughts were theres alone. A very few gifted individuals recognize the gift for what it really is. So when one of them calls ..... do you pick up the phone?)

And say Dr. Brown was calling and calling and calling ..... and suddenly some entity answered. What then.

OK you guys can pull me back into shore too, please ..... guys? ... guys? Elizabeth