DOOMSDAY CLOCK

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: missing antiquities

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: The third group he said managed to go into the heart of the vault in the basement of the museum and did not touch anything EXCEPT ancient cylinders and oddly some of the ancient examples of the first bricks ever made. He did not seem to know how or when that third group got that material.
My kind of people, priceless.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

don't forget the women

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Remember that phrase Paul. Check out who founded the Iraqi Museum

http://www.gertrudebell.com/

"As I write this introduction to a third major edition, Iraq once again lies desolate. The USA and Britain are in illegal occupation of the country, the fourth such foreign presence since 1918. The lessons that were visited on Britain in that first occupation, which ended in 1932 when Iraq was formally received into the League of Nations, were well documented, not least in Gertrude’s letters and official communications of the 1920s, but they did not impose on President Bush or Prime Minister Blair in 2003. Past events were repeated with sinister exactness and their consequences largely ignored. " (January 2004)

So very interesting!

"the first woman in British history to be made an officer of the military intelligence service, king maker and power broker of Iraq in the years that followed the end of the First World War and the break up of the Ottoman Empire "

Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Is the TIMING of the domsday clock , a human time setting or a celestial setting?
We may in our arrogance consider we have that control, but do we?
You are all focusing upon the human settings and alterations, was TTBrown?
If a celestial occurance was computed, human involvement would be perhaps acting in a symbiotic way with the planet?
If a celestial occurance was computed to be about to devestate the planet, perhaps going elsewhere , and the required transport became priority?
Just thinking somewhat out of the box, and not following all over the cliff edge, following the pipers tune.
kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

arbitrary

Post by twigsnapper »

Kevin,

I always took the clocks setting to be an entirely arbitrary human device to set the danger level of a particular time. Sort of our terrorist levels now. And all the things that would move that indicator from one color to another were the types of things taken into consideration for the doomsday clock.

As Radomir noted .... in what frame of perception is the clock set? And even better than that ... by whose agenda?????

Following an obscure lead for Paul so he won't have to spend too much time in this direction. Gertrude trained a fellow by the name of Harry St. John Philby as a liaison officer so much of his explorations in Arabia had that flavor to it. He however began to understand that perhaps he was better in tune with " the other side", eventually resigned, converted and took the name Hajj Abdullah.

She, by the way, never married. A few years before he "went native" she developed serious lung problems and chose to take an overdose of pills, dying I think in 1926. Double check me on that if it even seems important.

A social network scan on this fellow you might find interesting. or not .... pretty distant level for interest but what you might call " background" on Dr. Browns statement " Its all about OIL." twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Its all about OIL.
If you had a method of knowing the time span of all the available OIL.
Sort of the ability to pluck some strings?
Then what would you propose be the desired objectives prior to the end of TIME?
If this also converged with another end of time forcast, it may be required that you take some time out?, T
What the hell is time, by Davids explanation, well it doesnt exist.
Therefore you cannot be sure of who you may be talking to?
Pauls book may be circuler.
I have never seen a round book, why not?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
grinder
Senior Officer

all about oil

Post by grinder »

Paul,

I will continue here in this post and let you decide if we should shift to another, I suggest " Its all about oil" because this discussion about Saudi Arabia and Iraq is going to get deeper, I think, and maybe is meant to go in that direction and to that depth.

I looked up the little comment that twigsnapper made about the person Harry St. John Philby ..... how could you leave that tip alone. One of the most famous names in spydom and JUST GUESS WHAT Kim Philby was this guys SON. In fact from what I have read the Russians recruited him to spy on his own father! What a small world this and now the word "multigenerational project" really means something to me.

check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John_Philby

I am not sure how we got to that little bit of information. Oh yes, Thankyou Mr. Twigsnapper. I think what we are getting here is a primer in our actual involvement in that area in a larger perspective than the one we happen to be in right now.

This Gertrude sounds like a Caroline operative to me, but I could be wrong. She sure was a force to be dealt with. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

You have never heard of this?

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Is the TIMING of the domsday clock , a human time setting or a celestial setting?
We may in our arrogance consider we have that control, but do we?
You are all focusing upon the human settings and alterations, was TTBrown?
If a celestial occurance was computed, human involvement would be perhaps acting in a symbiotic way with the planet?
If a celestial occurance was computed to be about to devestate the planet, perhaps going elsewhere , and the required transport became priority?
Just thinking somewhat out of the box, and not following all over the cliff edge, following the pipers tune.
kevin
kevin.b, where have you been living? The doomsday clock is a socio-political creation from post WWII. It setting is strictly conjecture, by someone and I don't know who/whom, that analyze data in regard to conflicts in the world that could lead to the use of weapons of mass destruction. That's it, no ley lines, no David, no Mayan calendar, no TTBrown, no celestrial occurrences, sorry to disappoint you but it is only speculation.

You need to remove the dowsing rods more <G>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: all about oil

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote: One of the most famous names in spydom and JUST GUESS WHAT Kim Philby was this guys SON.

I am not sure how we got to that little bit of information. Oh yes, Thankyou Mr. Twigsnapper. I think what we are getting here is a primer in our actual involvement in that area in a larger perspective than the one we happen to be in right now.
Grinder, glad to see you are still here and posting. Well if memory serves me correctly, Mr. Twigsnapper talked about a character named "Kim" in a Kipling story. After going to the link you posted I see he was nicknamed after that character.

Well, I suppose that oblique hint had to much velocity for it went right overhead.

I am just pulling this out of where the sun don't shine but are you possibly inferring that this might be the reason for Mr. Twigsnapper travelling with Dr. Brown, the body guard Charles Miller at Ashlawn etc.?

Curious and curiouser (my apologies to Mr. Dodgson)

Mikado
grinder
Senior Officer

just pointing out

Post by grinder »

Hello Mikado,

Just pointing out that this story has long reaching history. In both directions, I think.

Things that were happening BEFORE Dr. Brown was born seem to have a way of connecting up somehow in the personalities involved. Like those golden threads that have been mentioned as part of this book.

Was it you Andrew who first referred to the Caroline Group as "multigenerational"? Or were you thinking of the work that Townsend Brown started and now is going on to the next generation?

But lets talk about the Caroline Group for a moment .... Morgan said that some of the principles did meet in fact .... The Greycliff in Nassau .... that was straight from Morgan. I suppose they have long since moved their clubhouse now or he would never have mentioned it.

And if you consider that we are looking at such a small section of their involvement ( say, from the thirties onward, hence the name) you can see that stuff was happening before Dr. Browns involvement. Paul has mentioned someone by the name of Blinker Hall.

Actually maybe Mr. Twigsnapper mentioned him too when he talked first about that racecourse in England where he and Dr. Brown attended the races together in 1956 or so. It just seems to me if you begin to see this group in operation you can see the effect that they have managed to have. course I don't know how Paul or anyone would ever be able to prove that they actually existed in the first place. Not like they hold regular thursday evening meetings at a particular place.

But it does seem to me that these folks respond to some sort of strong inspiration. And when they join up they seem to stay with it for the rest of their lives.

And even if all of this information is a wild rabbit chase. Just look at what we have all learned. Maybe thats as much the point as "disclosing" anything. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

another name ....

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:. Paul has mentioned someone by the name of Blinker Hall.

And even if all of this information is a wild rabbit chase. Just look at what we have all learned. Maybe thats as much the point as "disclosing" anything. grinder
Let's see, an Admiral I believe? navy man. Let's see, there was something I researched a while back......digging here,,,.....,,,,,...oh, I thinks it's coming,,,,,.........oh yeah, now I remember, another purported Scottish rite mason,,,.........yeah, that's the ticket. I still believe in my heart that there is a link to the Knights' Templar all the way down through to the Caroline group. Everyone within the group may not know that but I would bet those navy beans that I have to dollars, that I'm in the right church, it may not be the right pew but in the church never the less.

Anyhow....

It's more like a fox hunt with Mr. Twigsnapper controlling the hounds and where they are going... That's a joke Mr. Twigsnapper,, your supposed to laugh.

Mikado
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

who's behind the CLOCK

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Mikado14 wrote:The doomsday clock is a socio-political creation from post WWII. It setting is strictly conjecture, by someone and I don't know who/whom, ...
Mikado
The timepiece hangs at the University of Chicago and has been reset 18 times in the last 60 years to reflect a changing sense of security in a nuclear world. (The eighteenth time just this past Wednesday).

In 1945, a group of atomic scientists (Manhattan Project) founded the newsletter Bulletin of Atomic Scientists to promote their concerns about the danger of nuclear technology to politicians and the public.

The newsletter eventually evolved into a magazine that is still in circulation and the group is currently based out of Chicago. The scientists are all important authorities on nuclear technology and the world has relied on the Doomsday Clock to gauge the status of nuclear threat.

The people behind the Bulletin include some of the most prominent scientists and professors in the world. For the most recent change of the minute hand, for example, the Bulletin's board of directors consulted with its board of sponsors, which is composed of 18 Nobel Prize laureates, including Stephen Hawking, who took part in the press release Wed the 17th.

They not only look at nuclear threat, but also global climate changes and environmental degradation.

It IS a literal clock, but also figurative clock, and has been featured in many novels.

I think Kevin has heard of it, and maybe was being philosophical. At least that's my opinion.

LBL
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: who's behind the CLOCK

Post by Mikado14 »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:
They not only look at nuclear threat, but also global climate changes and environmental degradation.

It IS a literal clock, but also figurative clock, and has been featured in many novels.
I remember the talk of the clock as a child, in between air raid drills and hiding under a desk. We were told it was a figurative clock and NOT a literal clock, in other words, a clock face. But then, it could be a memory thing.

Could you kindly provide a reference as to it measuring the above statistics (global climate changes and environmental degradation)
and when they started doing it?

Thanks,

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

not aimed at me

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Everybody,

I happened to be reading somewhere (lost out there in the aether) where someone responded to quote that Mr. Twigsnapper mentioned seeing ....... that " All the missiles ever aimed at the United States are STILL aimed at the United States) One of the less intelligent people on that other forum responded basically " What do I care? I don't live in America!"

I don't think I even have to address that, do I? We all know that no one would be safe. We would all end up living the last scenes of that chilling black and white movie " On the Beach". Anybody remember it?

YesMikado, the "duck and cover drills. Remember them well! You and I are dating ourselves! But I think we all knew that was a ridiculous idea and that it would be the old "kiss your ass goodbye" scenario in actuality.

I guess its good to sort of bring all that to the surface because it WAS a dangerous age. World War III could have easily started by mistake, if nothing else. The United States involved itself in a certain brinksmanship tactic, feeling sure that the Soviets would back down. Sometimes I think, along with all the good actions of everybody working against a nuclear war, we also were just plain, outrageously LUCKY.

And in the late forties and early fifties from what I have studied so far ... The Soviet Union had been able to completely compromise our security apparatus. No small amount of that damage done by moles enbedded in officers or agents of the English SAS. Philby turned out to be directly responsible for most of that and his actions were devastating.

And everybody was showing that movie of the atomic test that had just occurred. Maybe you remember it ..... where the house just blows apart and takes the car parked in front of it along too. And we were little kids trying to imagine what that would be like .... if it was our house and our Dads car. Scarey. And then of course you had the air raid sirens which could scare you even if you didn't know what they were supposed to mean.

And was it 1945 when the doomsday clock went to 5 or 6 before midnight? And , oh yes .... Curtis LeMay was the head of SAC which had bombers constantly in the air, ready to strike. I think people may not realize how scarey that thought was too! Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

??

Post by Radomir »

I obviously missed something important. Can someone give me more context on this statement? When / where did Dr. Brown say this?
A social network scan on this fellow you might find interesting. or not .... pretty distant level for interest but what you might call " background" on Dr. Browns statement " Its all about OIL." twigsnapper
Thanks.

R.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

for Paul to answer

Post by twigsnapper »

Radomir,

Nice to see you on.

That "Its all about oil" was a private statement and Paul will put it into context for you.

I have enjoyed your rather careful dissection of this story. Look forward to further comments. twigsnapper