it's a start (The Library Project)

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
grinder
Senior Officer

gains

Post by grinder »

You are right Trickfox. There are some of us on this forum who have absolutely no gain in mind financially.

But I'll tell you one thing. It would mean a WHOLE LOT TO ME to know that through some of MY efforts a man like Townsend Brown and the men who stood beside him are never forgotten.

Money has nothing to do with it. I want to be able to pick up a book off of a shelf someday and say ...." son ....... Your old Dad helped get this book out here, was involved in watching it take form." That would be special to me and I can see that happening. And I know that someday he will read it too.

So its Hi ho, Hi ho, its off to work we go! grinder
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

interest in history

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I think that one of the things that fascinated me about Townsend Browns story is that he seems to touch so many things that were important during the 50s and 60s. Sort of like Forrest Gump. You turn around and meet all kinds of fascinating people just by being in Dr. Browns company. I have learned things about World War II I never knew before and I thought that I was up to date!

Of course having a mentor such as Mr. twigsnapper is a definite plus because he puts a real face to it all. I am embarrassed to say, for example, I didn't know anything about those mini subs. It was easy to learn just trying to get a handle on Mr. Twigsnappers personality. And of course that commando knife actually was an important part of my family history too. Who knows how this story will affect others. All good. Mark C
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

either, or ..... or

Post by ladygrady »

Funding for a project like this could come from a variety of places.

I expect that you would be surprised how much can be accomplished by one enhusiastic patron. You can have hundreds of silent book auctions to get the money to put Pauls book on those shelves or one person can write a single generous check. Or it can be a hundred scenarios in between. Its not an either / or . Its everything! And maybe some things thta others will suggest.

I still think it would come as a surprise how many patrons of the arts and sciences are out there just looking for a worthwhile cause.

I ask myself if Dr. Brown would have approved of us doing this. In fact I think this is just the seed of what might develop from these efforts. I think that he would have wanted those students who have been shoved to the side, ridiculed, shut down, to be given a chance to bloom and prosper. So I think that this project will probably go beyond just getting the books out there. A I am not sure how this "Library Project" is going to manifest itself in the future but it will certainly be interesting to watch. grady
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: it's a start (The Library Project)

Post by Trickfox »

Hello Lady Grady

I'm thinking I can prompt you to come back and comment on the development of the "library project". We recently had a young fella named Junglelord comment on the issue of "having to buy" the information he was looking for. I told him we would make sure his public library would end up with a copy of the book. Now all we have left to do is continue to encourage Paul's efforts, and hope more information will bubble to the surface regarding Dr. Brown's work in the 60s , 70s, and 80s.

It would be nice to hear from Victoria Steele, and Grinder these days also....

How about it out there... are you still with us?

Trickfox is sitting and waiting for you to smile upon me again.
Last edited by Trickfox on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

trickfox wrote:Edited the second time by Trickfox on Wed January 28, 2009 at 12:00 am
I see you are editing your posts over a month in the future. You must have found the edge of that mirror,

GV
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

I was wondering which one of you would catch-on to my time travel adventures :lol:
Don't tell anyone Gregg!!!
Oh well..... Here is something I was absolutely sure of THREE YEARS AGO.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7774287.stm
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Trickfox
I have to agree with you, it is the onle thing that makes sense when you run the data on it. There is no other way that spiral galaxies can be the pattern that they are without the bulk flow actually being inwards "down the drain hole". The original concept of the start flow being outward was never supported by the amount of "new" material needed each second to make it happen.

It also places a limit on just how long any civilisation can dawdle around their own galaxy before having to head out into space, and I mean as in crossing between galaxies. The size of that trip boggles the mind, millions of light years+.

Any young civilisation that is caught in the "not yet ready for space" stage faces a certain end.

I see this one is only 27,000 light years away, it would also explain some of the readings Dr Brown was getting on his rocks, as the central stars are literally torn to pieces by the black hole and massive gravity distortions occur in the process. Any stars and planets near the core must be constantly battered by seismic gravitational shock waves.

But to get back on track, the library idea is good. I remember a project we had to do in primary school on Science and scientific discoveries, and another on Explorers.
Paul my be able to create another more technical version "Creations of TTB and their implications for science and mankind" (as if he hasnt got enough on his plate right now, perhaps a future thought, if the alphabet soups's dont shut it down)
arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars