Welcome Back!

Greetings and Saluations! Anyone still falling down the Rabbit Hole is welcome here. All the old threads have been "locked" to prevent further posting, but are still available for your perusal. Let's continue the discussion here. Have fun, but be careful with it...
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Re: Welcome Back!/ Welcome Forward!

Post by Linda Brown »

Paul,

I have a technical question. If a new reader happened to come on to this forum and wanted to ask questions about a particular Chapter .... would you be available to answer those questions? Is this something that you want to do?

And where would they post? Or would they have to start their own new thread? I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to start a thread so they will feel welcomed ... but will someone be there to answer?

Elizabeth Helen Drake <g> would volunteer I think, if she was needed. Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Volunteers?

Post by Mikado14 »

Uh...thinking out loud here.... doesn't everybody pretty much know who Elizabeth Helen Drake is?

.....hmmm......

I know!!! How about her sister Mary Helena Drake?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Rose »

Or her sister-in-law, Helena Handbasket Drake? :lol:
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Good one there Rose!

But as my Grandma used to say...."if she doesn't watch her way"....

nah, probably a forgone conclusion.

If this comment doesn't drag her out...nothing will.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I didn't think that I was ever going to post here again but I guess that your words " dragged me out too" .... MHD Very funny Mikado. And Rose. It took me a moment to get the Handbasket name but I REALLY like that. Made me laugh and I needed a laugh.

Word has gotten to me just a few moments ago that Linda Brown has collapsed because of a serious medical situation. Anybody else know more about this?

Apparently this news is just hours old and I am concerned of course! And I was pleased to see her volunteer her help here on Pauls Forum (as EHD of course) until I realized that this post was BEFORE this report.

Linda, I am concerned! Anyone who knows what is going on would you please get back to me?

My brother is the one who called me so I imagine that the folks in Leesburg are alarmed right now.

And we should be too. Can you imagine what could happen if this particular light goes out?

Paul? Have you spoken to her recently? Was she alright? I know this remark might seem harsh but I can't help myself at the moment .... did you ever even ask her how SHE was doing? All I have seen in your various posts were the pitiful worryings of a man who was so ego centric he never even saw what was in front of him. I'm pissed at you but I guess you have already figured that. I just would like the question answered finally. In all of this wallowing and self pity. What about Linda? MarkC
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Oh, dear. I just tried to call her and got no answer.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark. If you have any updates, please post them.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

She will be fine, I am sure.

Too much stress lately.

Mikado
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

I hope that you are right Mikado but I have to say that I am worried. You know better than most too what stress can do.

I wrote this to Jim Zimmer. He had sent me a letter in January sort of calling me on the carpet for the message I posted berating Paul after that " Epic Fail" thingy.I understand his position, he was trying to get the forum back up. I appreciate your efforts Jim. So here is what I just wrote back. I wanted to share it with all of you and I am sorry Jim to do this. You are a really good guy. Paul is lucky to have had your help. I just can't help the way I feel.

"Sent at: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 pm
To: JZimmer

I understand Jim, where your loyalities lie and its a good thing that Paul has you there by his side.

I never said I was a candidate for the diplomacy corps.

But also you MUST be able to see that Paul is leaning on you when he should be taking responsibility for his own actions! He is a big boy! He needs to stand up for himself, not count on friends such as you are buffetting his world for him!

Do you actually think that HE has been the one harmed here?
I have just learned that Linda has "collapsed" and though I don't have the details yet I am concerned that it might have been a heart attack. She has not been well over the past few months. Did you know that? No, I didn't expect that you would.

(sorry Jim ... I am adding additional thoughts to the original message. On a roll and I can't stop now.)

Its always been up to Linda hold up both ends of the story Paul was trying to write! He went on vacations! She manned the phones. We all responded to her even more when he was gone!

Look at all of the messages from " Elizabeth Helen Drake. Not many people even knew that she was Linda Brown! They took her as a paid " research assistant ". How did he repay her? With the comment that the book was " empty shells."

I don't think she got paid anything in that position. Consider what that means folks. He may have been gluing his ass to his seat with chocolates and hot coffee but she didn't even get that .... and look how she was eventually paid? After the whole existance of this forum being the one that we all called "MOM"

And then Paul takes the time and energy and heart that she put into this book and devalued it and her fathers memory right in front of her eyes. And still she stayed a Lady.

I am disgusted with Paul because I see no compassion in his heart. And he may now have broken the only heart here that really loved him.

So if my disgust shows... then I am sorry for that. I'll Try to get over it. I wouldn't count on that one. Victoria Steele

Private message Top
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Positive thoughts

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:I hope that you are right Mikado but I have to say that I am worried. You know better than most too what stress can do.
Yes, I do Victoria. Perhaps I am being a bit of the ....what does Linda call it?.....grieving optimist?

This reminds me of Meadville for some reason.

Worried? yes and no....the difference between Linda and I are that we have both been there but I remember and she doesn't....or would that be not allowed?

anyhow....Think positive my dear.

Mikado
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

To the forum,

I wanted to post to let those of you know how Linda Brown is doing.

Linda has fallen ill from the stress over the past month or so - stress tends to supress the immune system.

No heart attack, fortunately, but she is flat on her back for awhile, so please bear with us until she is back on her feet, which will take some time. Right now she is just resting, and keepng close to home.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

Everybody,

Well, I'd be sick too if I were Linda. Thank you Andrew for relieving some of my concern. But that doesn't change my remark about the possibility of a "broken heart"

Just look where she is. At the hands of a " friend"
She entered into an agreement with Paul and then spent the next almost six years helping him write a very complicated and actually wonderful eighty some chapters. I know because I hung on every word. Good stuff! And alot of private ( REALLY PRIVATE ROMANTIC STUFF) that Linda shared with all of us. I got so I was half in love with Morgan myself! And just following the family from one adventure to the other was really so full of heart. I thought that Paul was in the rewrite stage so I left him alone.

And then comes his " Epic Fail" blog. For those who haven't read it word for word check out the Qualight website... or its point of origin ....( Pauls own [email protected])

That came out of the blue! He trashed everything! And its been a month and he hasn't even come back to say ...." Hey, I was overwrought." SOMETHING. He left the work that he and Linda had done and then like, as an afterthought, he put up the story as an E book. BUT HE IS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO PROMOTE THAT STORY, OBVIOUSLY. I can just see what people are going to say now. " Why should I buy that story about Townsend Brown, the author himself called it a bag of " empty shells".

What does that do to Linda? Anybody asking? Where is she in all of this? All that time, all that effort and the story is EVEN MORE BURIED than it was before. I don't think thats what she had in mind and I'll be damned if thats what she deserved out of the trust that she put in his direction. She has ....what?.... out of this?

I thought that Linda maintained a very cool composure but with the recent news I fear that the reality of all of this is has finally hit her. That she trusted Paul to follow through, but its obvious that he had other plans.

Now I am a conspiracy buff I admit. But someone here said "if it quacks and waddles and has feathers you can safely assume that its closer to a duck than a horse!" ( I think that was you Fred? whoever, thank you.) I propose that Paul has intentionally done this. And I propose that his "mentor" had alot to do with what has happened. Somebody please prove me wrong. I WANT to be wrong.

Now he will probably get angry and close down this forum because he won't want to see these words out there. But what else should we all be thinking?

I have been watching for words of concern from Paul. He may have contacted her personally but he sure hasn't done much here. So, I guess that actions speak far better than words. Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote: And I propose that his "mentor" had alot to do with what has happened. Somebody please prove me wrong. I WANT to be wrong.

Now he will probably get angry and close down this forum because he won't want to see these words out there. But what else should we all be thinking?

I have been watching for words of concern from Paul. He may have contacted her personally but he sure hasn't done much here. So, I guess that actions speak far better than words. Victoria
Hello there red!

I would be curious to know who/whom this mentor is but then, perhaps I don't really wish to know. I noticed a change in Paul's demeanor about 6 months ago or so. I must say, I never saw him as the type that would go off a deep end, look for a high bridge or just be a plain quitter. I have been wrong before. I will publicly say that I will still be his friend. I have no friends that are perfect for I am not myself. This was his decision and in the end, I respect that regardless of my view. I will just sit here and wait to see what the crop will produce when it is harvest time. As to Linda and George...they know how I feel and they also know where I will be standing.

As to Paul shutting down the forum here, well, that is his perogative but then it is a nexus for the discussion of his book. I would say that he might be shooting off his other foot if he does that again. Just my opinion.

Sometimes, silence can be golden and in this case, perhaps it is best....for now.

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

I am sure by now Paul, you have noticed that you have sucked mud into your boilers. What will you do now? twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr Twigsnapper, sir,
I hope you don't mind Me stepping in here to lend Paul a hand?
Paul,
You will have to carry out a bottom blowdown, I know it sounds funny, but if You haven't been monitering your solids, efficiency falls off, a steam blast through your tubes helps keep them clear, but make sure where the wind is blowing.
Trust Me, I was a boiler engineer once.
Looking forward to You getting back up to full steam and firing on all cylinders.
http://www.boacalgary.com/artboiler5.html
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Kevin,

I think that Dad would have loved your response. I certainly did.

Paul.......... I am still puzzled. Are you not even reading your own Forum ? I asked you some questions on the seventh ... and not a word. We have talked a couple of times since then and you never mentioned the Forum here so ....... I really don't know what to expect here.

Do you expect no one to be reading the book that you have put out on Ebay? Do you expect no questions where this forum might be a positive force? I am just .... wondering ... what you are thinking while you are " taking time on the surface".

Kevin is right you know. Once you get the mud out of your boilers you might be able to gain some momentum and with that some steerage. Unless of course, you have given up completely?

Sometimes you are left with silence and then you just have to judge a person by his actions I guess and I am saddened here to see that you are demonstrating no interest in feeding the flame of this particular Forum.

Thats alright, if thats the way it must be. I appreciate the fact that you have made the old conversations available to us on the Qualight Forum. I see that when we draw information we are always careful to note where it has come from..... but it would be nicer someday perhaps to see your participation again. Unless of course, you think that you have already said in your " Epic Fail" blog ... all that needs to be said?

You know of course that I have a response written for those words. Can you blame me?
And when you pushed that " send " button to put those words up for the world to see, you set in motion a series of events that is still unfolding. And I am still in a daze and wondering why it happened in the first place. Linda