PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
htmagic
Senior Officer

PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks

Post by htmagic »

Folks,

I've started a new "pool" here where one can wade in and discuss Thomas Townsend Brown's work with petrovoltaics. From Paul's story, we know that Dr. Brown was interested in sand and rocks. So what was he searching for? I believe Dr. Brown knew about the piezoelectric principles of quartz and other crystals and used them in his research.

Furthermore, Dr. Brown also appeared to used rocks as detectors. These rocks could detect changes in the telluric currents that pass through the earth. Substances such as oil would typically feature low conductivity and some minerals would feature high conductivity. Dr. Brown believed that these changes could be detected and be useful in exploration for oil, etc.

With gasoline nearing $4.00 a gallon in June 2008, maybe it is high time that we use some of this technology to detect new sources of oil and remove ourselves from foreign dependence.

Also, use of crystals in a battery could be a novel source of electrical power. This is similar to the Marcus Reid crystal battery and John Hutchinson's battery made from soils.

So feel free to discuss these topics here.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present you, PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
AM2
Senior Cadet

Re: PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Anybody out there actually know the answer to AM2s question here? If your results are not classified or commercially protected would you please share some of that information with us?

My hunch is that very few people have even thought to set that experiment up. So thats a wonderful question to pursue. What does happen?

And after the " What happens" is answered then the tougher question ...WHY? Elizabeth
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi All,

Ok, so rocks can generate electricity? So what is to say that the earth itself is not capible of generating electrical or other types of energy?

Say, electric power, or other sources that no one has botherd to think about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_battery

http://www.icehouse.net/john1/earthbatt.html

Humm, it would be interesting to know if Dr. Brown considered such possibilities?

Jim Z.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JZimmer,
And you will need a recieving room?
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/pers ... polis2.php
look through the pictures of persepolis
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

We should perhaps have a link to leedskin on this thread?
Heres some messages in rocks, left like photographs.
http://plasmascience.net/tpu/downloadsC ... 4-2007.pdf
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

AM2 wrote:The first thing that jumped at me when reading from the website quoted above by you Mr. B. was the following:
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/persepolis/persepolis2.php wrote:The Harem, where the royal ladies lived, was constructed in an L-shaped form. The main wing was oriented north-south; the west wing extended westward from the southern portion of the main wing.
And then immediately I thought: "My God, Mr. B. is a dowser - I have to ask him why the harem was constructed in an L-shaped form." <g>

Jokes aside, yes project Xerxes always deserves our attention.

AM
AM2,
K.I.S.S,
What occurs in a harem?
The male penetrates into the female.
The male will be North/south, the female will be east/West.
The male birkeland current, the female base of creation.
We are a consequence of this.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

AM2 wrote:*What happens when a bolt of lightning directly strikes piezoelectric material in the ground? What happens if lightning directly strikes tourmaline ore?

AM
AM,

Quartz is piezoelectric.
Wikipedia wrote: In the atmospheric electrical discharge, a leader of a bolt of lightning can travel at speeds of 60,000 m/s, and can reach temperatures approaching 30,000 °C (54,000 °F), hot enough to fuse soil or sand into glass channels. There are over 16 million lightning storms every year.
I do not know what happens if lightning strikes tourmaline ore.

Steering this back to petrovoltaics, take a look at Marcus Reid's crystal battery. http://www.rexresearch.com/reid/reid.htm
This appears to be a variation of TTB's work. It is also similar to John Hutchinson's work with his soil battery.

It is interesting to note in the Marcus crystal battery that:
http://www.rexresearch.com/reid/reid.htm wrote:Recently a crystal unit running in continuous mode exceeded 3000 mAh electrical charge that was send through a 910 Ohm resistor.

The achieved result outperforms the biggest available NiMH Akkumulator of baby cell size on the market which can deliver up to 2900 mAh.
The other notable statement is that the batteries can last over 6 years. Some had a dead short for 4 years and the device still produced voltage when the short was removed.

I could see applications to use this technology where battery replacement would be unwanted or difficult (pacemakers or watches). The other thing I see is that the crystal battery and the batteries Dr. Brown was working with do not use a corrosive electrolyte. This essentially makes the device non-toxic and "green" for the environment. :!:

I always believed that if someone could make a good portable power supply, the world would beat a path to their doorstep. :idea:
Maybe petrovoltaics is the green way to go? :mrgreen:

MagicBill
htmagic
Senior Officer

Orgonite - Is it a synthetic petrovoltaic?

Post by htmagic »

Has anyone heard of orgonite? This material was reportedly discovered by Wilhem Reich in the 1930s.
According to Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone wrote:Believing he had detected "bions" - self-luminescent sub-cellular vesicles visible in decaying materials, and assumedly present universally - he first conceived them as electrodynamic or radioactive entities, but later concluded from his research that he had discovered an entirely unknown but measurable force, which he then named "orgone", a pseudo-Greek formation probably from org- "impulse, excitement" as in org-asm, plus -one as in ozone (the Greek neutral participle, virtually *οργων).

According to Reich, orgone was the massless, omnipresent medium for electromagnetic and gravitational phenomena, a Luminiferous aether from which all matter arises. It is in constant motion, is attracted to itself and “contradicts” the law of entropy. It forms units that are the foci of creative activity, whether bions, clouds or galaxies, causing spontaneous generation of living organisms out of non-living matter. It can be accumulated in an insulated Faraday cage called an "orgone accumulator" and can be directed by a cloudbuster.

Now at the time William Burroughs (the novelist) was writing, there was only one source to get an accumulator. It was from the Orgone Institute in New York. They didn’t sell or rent these machines; instead, a ten dollar a month donation was required. Burroughs decided to build an accumulator of his own. He substituted rock wool for the sheet iron, but still achieved the desired effect. Burroughs writes about what occurred once he started using the accumulator:

Constant use of junk of the years has given me the habit of directing attention inward. When I went into the accumulator and sat down I noticed a special silence that you sometimes feel in deep woods, sometimes on a city street, a hum that is more rhythmic vibration than a sound. My skin prickled and I experienced an aphrodisiac effect similar to good strong weed. No doubt about it, orgones are as definite a force as electricity. After using the accumulator for several days my energy came back to normal. I began to eat and could not sleep more than eight hours. I was out of the post cure drag.
So an orgone accumulator is basically a box with alternating layers of organic and inorganic material. The rock wool and sheet metal layers somehow pull in this energy from the aether and amazing things are reported to be possible including enhanced growth for plants, healing properties, cloudbusting, etc.

Now Wikipedia goes on to say that
Reich's ideas were quickly denounced in the post-World War II American press as a "cult of sex and anarchy", at least in part because orgone was linked with the title of his best-known book The Function of the Orgasm. Reich was investigated as a communist and under a wide variety of other pretexts. He was, as the New York Times later put it, "much maligned". In 1954 the FDA successfully sought an injunction to prevent Reich from making claims relating to orgone, and when he defied the order, Reich jailed and the FDA destroyed any of Reich's books which mentioned orgone.
Now I believe the nail in the coffin for orgone was when Einstein did some experiments, but then regarded the matter as “completely solved”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Re ... h_Einstein

Linda, did your Dad mention anything about orgone energy or orgonite? Do you happen to know if he talked about Reich?
I have a hunch that your father may have been studying this same material although he might not have called it orgone. If orgone is the lumniferous aether, and can be accumulated in a box with alternating organic and inorganic plates (a capacitor, if you will), maybe Dr. Brown and Wilhem Reich had parallel paths.

I have seen orgone type generators on the Internet including cloudbusters and "holy hand grenades." This is an interesting site. http://educate-yourself.org/dc/orgonegenindex.shtml
Now some of these use cast resins, metal shavings, copper coils shaped in spirals, crystals, etc. It is claimed that these devices focus the orgone into the device, essentially charging it. Linda, your Dad did this also to some degree with the rocks he worked with, charging them like a dielectric and treating them as a natural capacitor.

MagicBill
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

While the idea of "layering materials" and " aether" is familiar to me. Dad never mentioned "Orgone" to me at all, nor did we discuss Reichs work at all. Wish I could help you put more to your thoughts on this but I just can't help here. Linda
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Hello Linda

Can we discuss the "Layering" you mentioned, like what layers were used for, why they were layered, the hoped for gain from this process... or what ever other things this evokes in your mind.

Regards
arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Arc,
If I may offer an answer from a dowsers perspective.
I find a duality of flows( too long a story to explain)
Different materials react and interact in a refractive/reflective manner, with the chirality of the crystalline structure of the materials involved.
If you are attempting to control a system composed of positive and negative aspects of the self same substance, then a layered system of refractive and blocking layers that leads to positive been induced in one direction and negative in the other will lead to a seperation of this duality, and the rare portion of this duality is positive , or female.
the negative will push to accumulate about the positive.
If you have such layered material/s, then you have control of the one omni present substance.
All the ramblings of an hobbit.
kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Layering & Orgone Accumulator

Post by htmagic »

Arc,

Welcome to the forum! Consider layering. It is in many items. If you look at a lead acid battery, you will see layering of the plates. A fuel cell has layers of membranes, similar to a battery. And if you look at a plate type capacitor, you can have layering as well. Now all three of them handle electrical charge and ions.

If you search the forum, I mentioned layering in an orgone accumulator. An orgone accumulator is reported to induce larger growth in fruits and plants. What is orgone? Some may call it chi. Now do a search in the forum on Od energy. It may be the same thing.
http://orgone.net/ wrote:Very interesting was the research of Baron Karl von Reichenbach during the first part of the 19th century. Karl von Reichenbach limited himself to describing this energy, which he labeled "Od." He secured the help of more than 120 "sensitive persons" who could see and feel life force, and whose descriptions were practically identical. Karl von Reichenbach was careful not to tell them what they were "supposed to see" or feel. While humankind readily accepted his inventions of creosote, formaldehyde and special procedures in manufacturing steel, his research of life force was rejected by the "scientific" community, of course. Like in our enlightened times, this was a community which certainly excelled in making untenable and unprovable statements such as that "the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe" (hmmm - interestingly enough, that ludicrous totally unproven assumption is still the "scientific" dogma in our otherwise enlightened times. Let's face it: humans barely left the stratosphere of their own planet - how can some folks claim to know it all about the vast universe? - very scientific thinking, indeed!)

Von Reichenbach's books certainly are worth reading!

Around 1900, Korschelt succeeded in building a "Solar Ether Radiation Apparatus," which, when analyzed more closely and tested, turned out to be an orgone accumulator. The addition of a battery current turned out to be irrelevant in our experiments with the device. Electricity, during those times, had often the function of the catch words "quantum mechanics, relativity" and of recent "nanotechnology" in our days: words that are used liberally by marketers of crystal powders and other New-Age products, often misdefined to fit their specific products.
Just as there is positive orgone energy, there is negative energy as well.
http://home.netcom.com/~rogermw/Reich/dor.html wrote:DOR stands for Deadly ORgone. Reich's DOR hypothesis came from the effects he claimed to discover in his Oranur experiment. Reich theorized that "good" orgone energy, when exposed to a nuclear radiation source, was antagonized into "evil" DOR. Reich later came to believe that, in addition to nuclear radiation, other "nasty" things could also turn orgone into DOR — including X-ray machines, TV picture tubes, fluorescent lights, air pollution, and even the emotional muscular armor of a neurotic person.

Reich's belief in orgonomic functionalism, which grew out of dialectic materialism, frequently led him to see different, superficially "opposite" entities as two sides of the same coin. There were good PA bions and evil T-Bacilli. There were good expansive actions and evil contracting actions. And, as orgone energy was supposed to be "good," the source of all life and matter in the universe, the cause of a healthy psyche and a healthy orgasm, etc., it was almost inevitable that Reich would eventually hypothesize the existence of its evil twin: DOR.

While orgone energy was supposed to be blue, DOR was supposed to be black. As black as death.
Since orgone is reported to accumulate in a container with layers of organic and inorganic materials, look at Dr. Brown's gravitator. What is it? A box containing alternating layers of a dielectric material. Since orgone is reported to be associated with gravity:
Wikipedia wrote:According to Reich, orgone was the massless, omnipresent medium for electromagnetic and gravitational phenomena, a Luminiferous aether from which all matter arises.
Would that mean that the gravitator is an orgone accumulator?

MagicBill
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Just wanted to add to this...
I think that if one is to start really looking at the world around us...really looking with an eye to how it works...and you consider the light...photons....prisms....electromagnetic spectrum...first principal kind of thinking...then consider the old quartz radio with an actual piece or quartz....what is special about quartz about quartz that makes it to elemtromagnetic waves? Well I was curious too...actually started looking in the properties of crystals and gemstone...but specifically their atomic structure...the atomic structure of quartz makes it sensitive to radio waves...maybe some other naturally occurring crystal would be sensitive to other subatomic energies....now...if gravity exists in wave form...

imho
>( )">