Chapter 63: The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 63: The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken

Post by Paul S. »

At last, ready for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... icken.html

I had some trouble with the uploads, please let me know if the connections seem kerfuddled or if any of the links don't work.

Big corner turned here... I hope it was worth the wait.

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

I don't know whats in it ....

Post by Victoria Steele »

BUT I LOVE THAT TITLE.

All over it, waiting like a chicken for a june bug. Victoria
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

I just love

Post by twigsnapper »

The way girls from Texas talk. Me too. twigsnapper
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Paul...The sun and the moon and all of the tales told about them and their histories can be measured by what has been told by you here in this chapter.

First, there is no limit to the lengths that power will resort to in its attempts to deny knowledge to those who seek it with honorable intent.

Second, innocent and well-meaning people always suffer the most in such scenarios.

Third, power always seems to know ahead of time the moments in which essential knowledge might surface and where that might take place. This is not coincidental.

Fourth, there is no limit to the trickery that power will utilize to control such knowledge and the innocent people who might originate it and seek to use it for the improvement of their fellow humans.

Yes, a turning point, and a cogent lesson for us all who attempt to speak truth to power, to the extent that is ever possible. Thank you.

flow....
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

I am sorta lost

Post by grinder »

Lets see. I think I just got lost.

The Caroline Group sets up a demonstration of "advanced technology" with Admiral Radford, who I guess was the biggest fish in the area at the time.

But the meetings have been " compromised" and valuable information escapes they think through a mole planted by Philby. So there could be information headed for Moscow.

And after all of this, the Admirals ( at least one of them in the meeting) describes his work as a " Carnival ride" Boy, thats an insult.

But Dr. Brown is smart enough to see that if one foolish Admiral looked at it that way, with a little help maybe the Commrades in Russia could be encouraged to look at it that way. But you can't send them a note. You have to let their "rings" uncover that. So you go out to let them spy on your activities and you mislead them the whole time. The man is a flipping genius.

So damn. Here we are, high and dry. Now what? damn! grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

reminds me

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

Great chapter but I kind of am agitated now because this chapter leaves us like the one about Riley and Sarbacher standing in the mud going "NOW WHAT?

How do you REALLY get that horse back once its stolen, oh but thats right, Dr. Brown decides not to even try but to make the horsethieves think they have something worthless. Well, I am not sure that would even work. I mean they saw what they saw. All they have to do is recreate what they have seen. So I don't understand why the Russians didn't just use what they had swiped. Unless of course it was so revolutionary none of their science helped them with the recreation.

And when that happens I guess you go back to the source. Oh, I see how it works. Dr. Brown KNEW they would be coming back to check him out. So he was just waiting for them to feed them disinformation. Like grinder said, the man is either totally mad or a roaring unbridled genius.

But you just can't do that for a week or two because it make take them a long time to realize that what they had stolen wasn't working for them ....SOO this had to be a really long range " wounded prarier chicken act. AMAZING. So what happens next. Sorry. I know. Its just like handing one kid over .... and being asked when you want to have the next one. But damn as grinder said! What happens NEXT! Victoria"
grinder
Senior Officer

other photos?

Post by grinder »

Only one small comment. Mybe you don't have other personal photos of the Browns durng this time frame but I would rather see them than Stalin ... if you know what I mean? Something just a little more personal, if at all possible? (No pleasng people. But you spoiled us with the great photos of the family from the last chapter and I was just sort of hoping for more of the same.) grinder
Trickfox
The Magician

MIB#1 (aprox)

Post by Trickfox »

Point to the sky, and sneek below the ocean.
NOW the story begins to become deep black.
Was Thomas Townsend Brown one of the very first "men in black" 8)
Trickfox 8)
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Moldova
Space Cadet

Re: MIB#1 (aprox)

Post by Moldova »

Trickfox wrote:Point to the sky, and sneek below the ocean.
NOW the story begins to become deep black.
Was Thomas Townsend Brown one of the very first "men in black" 8)
Trickfox 8)
Does anyone know the name of the boat that townsend was sitting on pointing at the sky?

This has been driving me mad for three days now.
To quote the last famous words of Socrates... "I drank what?!"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: MIB#1 (aprox)

Post by Paul S. »

Moldova wrote:Does anyone know the name of the boat that townsend was sitting on pointing at the sky?
The Duchess

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Moldova
Space Cadet

The Duchess

Post by Moldova »

Thank you very much Paul. I was racking my brain trying to remember it's name. Unfortunately, that bit of information does not help in my pursuit of what came to be affectionately known as "Clementine".
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Clementine

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

"Oh my darling, Oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine ..........you are gone now and lost forever, oh my darling Clementine."

That one? or this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine_probe

Just keep the thought Moldova, maybe your Clementine will come back to you! Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Chapter 63: The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken

Post by Langley »

Oh so great. Important. Ties in. Had WW2 not happened Gunn et al would have had a naval reactor and silent drive no worries in the 40s no worries. Then Groves squeezes it, it has to go into the Manhattan maze, and out the other end, post war, there sits Teller in silence.

There's Brown hoping that post war things will change, but it gets worse, not better.

An excellent nub of critical events.

Of course the Soviet Union couldn't, according to some, have existed without help from the West. Armand Hammer. What else, post War, was sent East?

There was a fire in ship in dock in a US port. The ship was due to sail for USSR. The fire released radioactivity and sailors died of radiation sickness. Before Joe 1.
(During WW2 a massive explosion at Port Chicago
may have been atomic :
122° 02' W, 38° 04' N
Port Chicago 17 July 1944

http://www.portchicago.org/lastwave/keyword.htm

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq80-1.htm
but there was another suspicious fire in a Naval vessel due to leave for USSR later on)

At a certain point, governments become pa
wns to powers which over arch and over ride them.
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

always one situation

Post by Martin Calloway »

Oh, I can see a movie in this. A Naval Intelligence officer, working undercover as a Janitor ... having an affair with an Admiral ... planting bugs for the Russians. Just how long did he last once found out. Probably about a second and a half.

And you know theres a good Navy stunt for you. Bring in a really good man in Intelligence. Let him search for the mole that you THINK might be there but when he is transferred before he closes on the guy and then leaves his notes to be followed up on ..... they get ignored. Damn. How many times has THAT happened.

And something else is interesting to me. your source mentions " Marine" officers. What marine officers? who would they have been. The only times I have seen marines in a high level situation like that they were (lucky for us) stationed by the doors and very well armed.

And I will leave you Paul with the remark that you have done yourself proud. Now what happens?

And a side message to Mr. Twigsnapper. When landing Sir you are supposed to keep all of your landing gears down. Bentfeather would have loved that ! Can't take you anyplace. Martin
Moldova
Space Cadet

Everything but the magic mushroom!!!

Post by Moldova »

A quote from the link re: Port Chicago

At 10:18 p.m., a hollow ring and the sound of splintering wood erupted from the pier, followed by an explosion that ripped apart the night sky. Witnesses said that a brilliant white flash shot into the air, accompanied by a loud, sharp report. A column of smoke billowed from the pier, and fire glowed orange and yellow. Flashing like fireworks, smaller explosions went off in the cloud as it rose. Within six seconds, a deeper explosion erupted as the contents of the E.A. Bryan detonated in one massive explosion. The seismic shock wave was felt as far away as Boulder City, Nevada. The E.A. Bryan and the structures around the pier were completely disintegrated. A pillar of fire and smoke stretched over two miles into the sky above Port Chicago. The largest remaining pieces of the 7,200-ton ship were the size of a suitcase. A plane flying at 9,000 feet reported seeing chunks of white hot metal "as big as a house" flying past. The shattered Quinault Victory was spun into the air. Witnesses reported seeing a 200-foot column on which rode the bow of the ship, its mast still attached. Its remains crashed back into the bay 500 feet away.

It certainly resembles an atomic explosion. Only thing missing is a mushroom cloud. However, there was a helluva lot of muntion in those boxcars on the pier so given the quantity I am sure it would have resembled armageddon.

Moldova