Chapter 50: Structure of Space

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

in it all the way

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hey Trickfox.

I agree that we are in this all the way to make things better around us! I challenge those who whine and say " Oh, but I am just one person ... what can I possibly do to change things?" My response to that is " So because you really believe you are helpless then you do absolutely nothing? One positive act is all it takes! One positive action .... and then another and another. You would be suprised how that spreads!

You can't MAKE people join you but you can be the one who stands up and finds a way to make a difference. Its a transfer of energy and its powerful and you know what? NOW is the time!

We all can't wait to let our grandchildren solve the problems that we gripe so daily about. So folks take a REAL good look at that person in your mirror and find something that person can do to make things better.

OK. my soapbox can go to Dayton now too. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Good,.....very good

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul, we have talked much and I find you very intelligent and as you once said to me, "east coast boys", well I have waited to comment.

When I went to first grade (there was no kindergarten back then in 1959) we were taught to read. We started simple and gradually worked our way up through the different readers. "See Dick run, see Jane run....etc" pretty soon Dick and Jane were doing different things and the sentence structure became more lengthy.

You sell yourself short. When I went to school after the military, one of the courses was on the TV. At that time, it was considered one of the most complicated devices there was for it encompassed many different types of circuits of which I will not delve into here, but needless to say, I found your interpretation in your first book took that technology and reduced it down into that first grade reader so that more of the masses could comprehend it. That is not a small task for I taught analog as well as digital and the Boolean, the Algegra and the Trig to go with it. It is no easy task to reduce complex ideas into a less than High School reading level, but you are good at doing it.

So,.....Stick your chest out so that the medal can be pinned to it.

Okay, now that you have your medal, are you planning to go further with it? How about the syn-clines and anticlines (as I call it from my coal days of stripping) of the structure? Or is that proprietary to Qualight?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

held in the familys hands

Since the posting of Chapter 50 we have had many questions regarding the " Structure of Space " , the most common one being ..." Will it be published soon? " and " How can I get a copy?"

As Andrew mentioned in another post , the "Structure " papers are held exclusively by the Townsend Brown family and they will be the force which will decide when and how that important paper will be published and made available to the public.

I have to say, that it is an exciting prospect, seeing that work out there for all to read, study, and draw inspiration from. But for now I think that Linda Brown has decided the focus rightfully belongs on the work that Paul is so admirably accomplishing.

So .... Paul ...... looking so forward to your next chapter! Thats NOT PRESSURE! Just joyful expectation! Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

As I wander loney as a cloud, with two dowsing rods in hand, I often wonder if everything is moving the way my rods move?
Because if they do, and everything is travelling in a series of serpentine flows, then if you look along a serpentine flow at the speed of light, it will go a long way along a serpentine route , but will in reality not travel far.

So if they say somewhere is a billion light years away, you might actually bump into it , if your not carefull?
In the UK the fields are composed of ridge and furrows, these are medieval field systems, that are like ripples upon a pond to look at, similer to corrugated paper, if you straighten out the curves, you jhave a vast acerage more than if you have a flat field,clever ?
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/BA/ba33/ba33feat.html
Imagine if everything is like rolled up layers of corrugated cardboard, because thats how it sort of dowses, with large rolls forming smaller and smaller, that then become bigger and bigger.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
grinder
Senior Officer

or a warped postcard

Post by grinder »

So what you are seeing perhaps Kevin is a Universe that operates like a stack of wavy postcards? Just as Dr. Brown saw in 1942? Amazing similarities of thought.

I may not understand all the time Kevin but I really value what you have to share with us. And when I do catch your meaning and it matches somehow with what I have found for myself. Then its a mystical and special gift. Keep the messages coming. grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Collecting Rocks

Post by Paul S. »

A couple of weeks ago, Elizabeth pointed out this post to me:
Trickfox wrote:This means the engineering of several Nanoscale composite atomic structured (perhaps based on Bentonite), and also the creation of other strange and sometimes "Naturally occuring" materials such as "Rocks" and other such materials (specially crystals).
and asked me to put up this photo, which depicts Dr. Brown "collecting rocks" for his petrovoltaic experiments sometime in the 1980s.

The scene is "Pebbly Beach" on Catalina Island.

Sorry it took so long. I been bizzy...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

They are flat rocks?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

I dunno...

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote:They are flat rocks?
You tell me:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

a rocks story

kevin,

You askd about the rocks in Dr. Browns hands. I understand there is a little bit of a story behind them.

Dr. Brown took both of those rocks back to his office/lab and hooked them to recorders that he had working on a twentyfour hour schedule. According to his family after his death his daughter returned one of those rocks to Pebbly Beach .... but she kept the second one, which she currently keeps on her desk I understand. (are they flat enough to fit your vision kevin?)

Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

The rocks are really important, we all collect these as little boys and skim them over the water.
I taught my son this and now can't beat him, he can skim them for astonishing distance, way beyond what you could throw them.
I hope David may be able to explain why that is?
They must gain something as they clip the surface of the water?
Perhaps similer to benontine , the rocks may show a a negative charge with a positive charge at the edges?
I dont really know, but I know the rocks are really important.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

antenna, Teller's visit

Post by Langley »

From 1963, with the imposition of the Limited Test Ban Treaty, the attempts at producing large increases in EMP, Electrical surge and RF pulse by the detonation of H bombs in the atmosphere came to an end. One of the last nuclear attempts, Starfish Prime, July 1962, produced less than anticipated resuts, even though large increases in ionospheric luminosity, earth voltage and EMP were reported and the D and F layers of the ionosphere were energised into "higher current output". ("A Quick Look at the Technical Results for Starfish Prime'', LASL) The attempt to disable enemy radars and missiles did however continue via the commissioning of a high power RF transmitter in Platteville, Colorado. This facility, opened in 1968, began transmitting RF into the ionisphere from that date. The facility was closed in 1968.

The current Alaskan HAARP facility continues research by the same means. The facility denies that it is attempting any weaponization of the ionosphere.

Teller visited Brown in 1967. In WW2 Brown designed long line antenna, the purpose of which is unclear.

The multiple antenna arrays of HAARP can be viewed at
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/
Further:

http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/pro ... id=6680719

OSTI
Energy Citations Database
Bibliographic Citation

Document This document is not available electronically via this database.
For copies of Journal Articles, please contact the Publisher or your local public or university library and refer to the information in the Resource Relation field.
For copies of other documents, please see the Availability, Publisher, Research Organization, Resource Relation and/or Author (affiliation information) fields and/or Document Availability.

Title Measurements of possible D- and E-region telecommunications effects during ionospheric heating. Final report
Creator/Author Showen, R.L.
Publication Date 1980 Feb 01
OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 6680719
Report Number(s) DOE/ER/10161-1
DOE Contract Number AI01-80ER10160
Resource Type Technical Report
Research Org SRI International, Menlo Park, CA (USA)
Subject 640201 -- Atmospheric Physics-- Auroral, Ionospheric, & Magetospheric Phenomena; ;D REGION-- WAVE PROPAGATION;E REGION-- WAVE PROPAGATION; HEATING;IONOSPHERE;ORBITAL SOLAR POWER PLANTS;RADIOWAVE RADIATION;TEMPERATURE DEPENDENCE
Related Subject EARTH ATMOSPHERE;ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION;IONOSPHERE;PLANETARY IONOSPHERES;POWER PLANTS;RADIATIONS;SOLAR POWER PLANTS
Description/Abstract For this research project, measurements were made of the effects that heating the ionosphere might have on the passage of radiowaves through the D- and E-regions.^The purpose of this work was to simulate the effects of the proposed Solar Power Satellite microwave power beam on the lower ionosphere.^The increased electron temperatures produced by the Platteville, Colorado, HF ionospheric heater caused cross-modulation on certain radiowaves when the heater was rapidly modulated (the Luxembourg effect).^Small amounts of cross-modulation were detected at four frequencies between 60 kHz and 5 MHz.^Attempts were made to detect phase path changes - indicative of electron number density changes - while the heater was slowly cycled on and off.^No phase path changes could be seen for radiowaves of frequency 10.2 or 60 kHz.^If these results are extrapolated to the powers and frequency of the Solar Power Satellite power beam, then no significant impact from D- and E-region modification on telecommunications services are expected.
Country of Publication United States
Language English
Format Pages: 35
Availability NTIS, PC A03/MF A01.
System Entry Date 2001 May 13

http://www.eiscat.uit.no/heating/abs7.html

Early Ionospheric HF Modification Work in Arecibo

T. Hagfors

Max Planck Institut für Aeronomie, Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany

The first serious high power ionospheric modification work was initiated at Platteville, Colorado, by ESSA, Environmental Science Services Administration under the leadership of Bill Utlaut. Studies were made if HF heater induced air-glow, heater-induced spread F, wide band heater-induced absorption and heater created field-aligned ionization. This work was carried out in the late 60-ies.

It soon became clear that it would be highly desirable to include in the complement of diagnostic tools an incoherent scatter radar, a tool developed for ionospheric diagnostics in Arecibo Puerto Rico, and in Jicamarca, Peru, and later also at Millstone Hill in Massachusetts. Spurred by the work in Platteville Bill Gordon and others suggested that a heating capability be developed in connection with the Arecibo observatory by suspending an HF feed above the primary reflector allowing the incoherent scatter facility to be used to probe the heating effects. The talk describes the early development in Arecibo, and the improvement in observations and facilities which gradually took place with the construction of a separate heating facility until the heating work was cut short by hurricane George in September 1998. The Arecibo work has provided inspiration and ideas for heating work in Tromsö, and has also provided material for disputes about the interpretation of results. Some of the advance in understanding of the processes in ionospheric heating is due to comparison of results from the two facilities. Much work remains to be done to understand the effects on the state of the ionosphere on the processes taking place, and the hope is that the heating work will be able to continue in Tromsö and that it can be resurrected in Arecibo with new heater concepts which resemble the original ones abandoned in the past.

http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v79/i7/p1273_1
Stimulated Radiation from Strong Langmuir Turbulence in Ionospheric Modification

P. Y. Cheung1, E. Mjølhus2, D. F. DuBois3, J. Pau1, H. Zwi1, and A. Y. Wong1
1Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095
2Institute of Mathematical Sciences, University of Troms, N-9037 Tromso, Norway
3Lodestar Research Corporation, 2400 Central Avenue, Boulder, Colorado 80301

Received 2 May 1997

New measurements of stimulated electromagnetic emissions (SEE) in low duty cycle heating experiments performed at the HIPAS Observatory are presented. Two distinct types of spectra, a weak diffuse type and a stronger type with deep frequency modulations, were observed. These results have been compared with numerical predictions from a 1D driven and damped Zakharov model and are found to be consistent with Langmuir collapse processes (strong spectra) and Langmuir turbulence of the coexistence type (weak spectra). Through this joint experimental and numerical study, evidence of strong Langmuir turbulence via SEE measurements has been demonstrated.

©1997 The American Physical Society

URL: http://link.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v79/p1273
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.79.1273
PACS: 52.35.Ra, 52.35.Mw, 94.20.-y
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

And your interpretation would be?

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley wrote:From 1963, with the imposition of the Limited Test Ban Treaty, the attempts at producing large increases in EMP, Electrical surge and RF pulse by the detonation of H bombs in the atmosphere came to an end. One of the last nuclear attempts, Starfish Prime, July 1962, produced less than anticipated resuts, even though large increases in ............................(saving space)..........................................of strong Langmuir turbulence via SEE measurements has been demonstrated.

©1997 The American Physical Society

URL: http://link.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v79/p1273
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.79.1273
PACS: 52.35.Ra, 52.35.Mw, 94.20.-y
As the heading says, can you indulge us?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

trying to catch up

Post by Victoria Steele »

I am sorry everybody but I am so far behind that I am going to probably ask questions that have been answered before but here goes:

Langley: You said this recently in the post above ...... "Teller visited Brown in 1967. In WW2 Brown designed long line antenna, the purpose of which is unclear"

Now I have read about the meeting with Dr. Teller in 1967 ( through Pauls chapter entitled something like " How many Generals Does it Take?" or something like that but I have missed the long antennae reference and wondered if you could give me your source on that? I musta missed that comment! Long antennae??? huh???? I get the impression that you might have run across information that most of us don't know about .... yet .... Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: trying to catch up

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote: Langley: You said this recently in the post above ...... "Teller visited Brown in 1967. In WW2 Brown designed long line antenna, the purpose of which is unclear"
Hello my dear Victoria, I see you are back from your....vacation? Do you normally work when on vacation?

Anywho,

I will give you the answer in regards to the "long line antenna". I believe that the writer may have gotten it wrong. Dr. Brown used a "long wave antenna" for electrogravitic communications which was tied into a capacitive differentiator which I tend to compare to a Wheatstone bridge with capacitors and HV sources.

I don't know for sure but I bet you will find it in either his notebooks or the ones Morgan took.

I have said enough, now you owe me TWO dances.

Mikado

This is an edit: Let's not lose sight of the timeline. I would venture to say that even though Dr. Brown may have been working on the basics of EGC during the war, like any research work, it took time. I would venture to say that no real "receiving or transmitting" did not occur until the fifties but prior to the 60's. When you get to the end of the book, you realize that a long antenna is not needed for EGC. I do hope, my dear, that I have been informative enough and yet vague enough, as usual. <g>
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

two dances, for sure

Post by Victoria Steele »

Yes Mikado, two dances for sure.

But now I am going to hit you with a phrase that you are known for using on other people. I think it translates something like this ....." But I was asking YOU ..." and in this regard .... I was actually asking Langley where he had seen that information. I don't at all doubt that you may be right about where it was mentioned .... I just particularly wanted to know how Paul Langley had heard about it or run across that information. Silly of me maybe but as you know sometimes it really is important how some information reaches people.

Vacation? Yes in a way I have been pulled away for awhile. My dog missed me. But give him food, a nice yard, a pan of water to splash in ( he THINKS he is a hunting dog, right) and a cool place to snooze and he forgets what time it is, what day, and the fact that a vet just took a patch of porcupine quills out of his hide and that he is sore all over from his last adventure .... but he is a good strong dog with a short memory and when you show up its like you never left. Ah, boyfriends can be like that too!) Victoria