Chapter 29 - Quadratic Equations and Mr. X

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: jumping on this (Peace) Train too

Post by Paul S. »

Nice to see some new readers chiming in. Greetings, Madison (and elsewhere, "Grinder"):
Madison wrote: At first I was a little confused because I really didn't get what the relevancy of the younger couple had on the story.

But I get the drift now sort of. Paul is just letting the story unfold, right?And we will see the connections later, right?
I have to confess, even as the alleged writer of this story, I am as interested to see how it unfolds as you are. I'm sorta winging it, and the way it's coming out is more or less along the lines that the story/stories have revealed themselves to me. I'm just following the breadcrumbs.
I do have some final questions. I noticed that Paul asked the question quite a bit earlier "Was Townsend Brown a CIA operative?".
Geez, it's been so long now, I'm not even sure if I remember where that question came from. It was one that went across my bow fairly early on, and I was just repeating it when I was writing that "one-sheet" on the book (which is where I assume you found that question?) I've posed that question directly to sources who are in a better position to know the answer than I but, typically, I get an "indirect" answer at best. I think that goes with the territory. I think my "inside sources" have actually been protecting me because, you know, if they told me too much they'd have to track me down and kill me... and last I looked I was still alive.
Who would Dr. Brown have been working for? He doesn't seem to fit into any cloak and dagger type scenarios and the impression I have gotten was that he was a peace loving man.
You seem to be making the assumption that somebody could be working in an "intelligence" capacity and not be a "peace loving" man. I don't think the two are necessarily exclusive. It has recently been my privilege to correspond at great length with a great warrior, but I think I have also never known a more "peace loving" man. It was just, truly, his job to "protect the peace" (an expression I find somewhat challenging to use in today's miltariy/industrial/political climate.

Some are just given different assignments, that's all, and like has been said a number of times around here, rarely is it strictly a case of "either / or."

Don't know if that answers any of your questions, but I certainly appreciate your asking them.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

a refreshing change

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul. I have to say, I found your last message refreshing but I shouldn't be surprised at that. Your whole approach to writing this book has been so completely different than all the know-it-alls that have taken it upon themselves to "inform" us about men like Townsend Brown.

I truly believe that you are as puzzled by some of the facts that you have uncovered as we would be , if we had been honored enough to be put in that position. And what you said before is true. You do actually represent your readers in that. We learn as you learn. Thats a pretty unique situation these days. I'm getting pretty damned tired of being fed preprocessed junk by self proclaimed experts. So finding someone who is learning as we are ........ thats pretty damned special.

And I get the feeling that you really do honor what we all have to add to the mix. I feel sometimes that your project has a strange type of immediacy (is that a real word?) anyway I hope you know what I mean. Its a powerful thing, getting the feeling that we are right alongside you in this adventure. And I thank you for that. Victoria......... oh wait, not done

OK, in keeping with the above I supose there are some things you can't tell us yet because we all might just get ahead of your time line. One thing to be alongside you huh? and another completely to be ahead of you so put me in my place when I skip ahead. Just know that I am having a very good time at this .

So, tell me .... this great warrior you just mentioned ... Its Morgan isn't it? Has to be .... am I right? And I can tell by the temper of your sentence that you admire this man greatly. see, I just knew that he would be worth learning about . VS
Trickfox
The Magician

Over-used phrase

Post by Trickfox »

they told me too much they'd have to track me down and kill me..
Sorry folks, the truth is; If they tell you too much, it makes you want to commit suicide.

Innocence is bliss.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Over-used phrase

Post by Paul S. »

Trickfox wrote: Sorry folks, the truth is; If they tell you too much, it makes you want to commit suicide.
:lol: Well now, there's a blessing I really hadn't figured on... :lol:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

ignorance is bliss

Post by Martin Calloway »

Paul,

I guess ignorance is bliss in some respects.

And as much as people laugh about it , I can see where the old "yeah but if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya" came from. but I don't think that saying started out exactly that way. I expect the concern was more, "if you know what we know SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD KILL YA" And who would you share that information with, if ya really loved them? It gives being "tight lipped" a whole new dimension.

So following on some of Trickfox's questions, do you think that you have been dealing with members of the CIA? these "associates" of Dr. Browns? Or do you actually know WHO you have been dealing with?

In that kind of shadowy world how would you expect them to "prove themselves" to you?

From your attitude all along I doubt that you speculate on much or buy into much that isn't pretty solid looking. So can you tell us who your "sources" are? Or at least their organization ? Has it ever been identified? Anyone who actually worked with Dr. Brown has to be pretty ancient by now. You sure the information you have been told isn't the result of senility? Martin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: a refreshing change

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: So, tell me .... this great warrior you just mentioned ... Its Morgan isn't it? Has to be .... am I right?
I can't answer that one for you yet, Victoria. Suffice it to say for now that over the course of the past several years, it has been my honor and privilege to commune with a number of individuals who are wholly deserving of our high regard and gratitude. For the time being at least, I must hold their identities in as much confidence as I possibly can. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

--P
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

...and a little bit of knowledge...

Post by Paul S. »

Martin Calloway wrote:I guess ignorance is bliss in some respects.
Yes, and by the same token, a little bit of knowledge can be a very dangerous thing... sometimes I feel very dangerous...:wink:
In that kind of shadowy world how would you expect them to "prove themselves" to you?
What you describe here is a very tricky wicket, to put it mildly. The people we are dealing with here are not readily inclined to "prove themselves" to anybody.

When there is little else to go on, you wind up putting your faith and trust in others whose judgment you trust, their intuition, and your own. There is often little else to go by.

Just please, don't ask for "proof."

As you and Trickfox have suggested, it's entirely possible that I'm being led down a primrose path to some diabolical destination. Following the bread crumbs to the witch's oven, if you'll forgive stretching the metaphor too far. But when I look at some of the people who have joined me on this trail, when I consider their character and insight, I really have to dispel such negative thoughts. This is a good trail, and there is a clearing just up ahead...
So can you tell us who your "sources" are? Or at least their organization? Has it ever been identified?

To the extent that these "sources," or their organization can be identified, that will all unfold as part of the ongoing narrative. Patience ______, it'll come.
Anyone who actually worked with Dr. Brown has to be pretty ancient by now. You sure the information you have been told isn't the result of senility?

Those that are not dead already are indeed quite old, but so far I'm not seeing any signs of senility. At least, none that I can recognize, anyway... :o

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

intelligence gathering

Post by twigsnapper »

Intelligence gathering I would guess , is a little bit like gathering marbles and then trying to keep them in one place so you can count them.

Only .... the pen you build for them is always on a changing slope. So when you lose one or two of those marbles is it because of the slope shift? Or the fact that your pen isn't proper? So it is with minds and the changes that occur everyday. And I would think age and health would be just part of that slope shift. Standing up for all those old codgers out there with one foot in the grave ......... <g>

Wouldn't it be nice and so much easier for everybody if "intelligence" would just stay in one nice neat little package? Twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I have decided its time to read the earlier chapters, after Victoria showing me the way.
I mean't to save them up until the book was finished, but its too good, can't resist.

Three men in a boat, made me laugh, pirates of Penzance came to mind.

I am the very model of a modern major-general, I've information vegatable, animal, and mineral, I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical, from marathon to waterloo, in order quite categorical:
I'm very well aquianted too with matters mathmatical, I understand equations, both simple and QUADRATICAL, about bimonial theorems I,m teeming with a lot O' news-with many cheerfull facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I wonder if Linda ever gave a thought about her DREAM MAN in a saucer?

I wouldn't have been able to ask that apart from the TIME span between when this chapter was written and now.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

laughing here!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Laughed myself off my chair, picked myself up, laughed off again!

Thank you so much Kevin. Music ringing in my head too!

Now I know why Morgan considered himself such a Pirate! And I know what you mean Kevin. It took me a VERY long time to get his meaning fully too! Sometimes you finally see things the way they are meant to be seen. Until then I guess you just have to wait for the punch line to show up.

Thank you so much. Composed now. Sort of <g>

Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
If you hadn't fallen off your chair twice, we would have posted at the exact same TIME, twice today that has happened?
Third time lucky?
Seeing a spaceman with red hair and a beard is not something Linda can have forgotten, so this Morgan pirate must have reminded her?

Fabulous chapter by the way, the film will have to have an X certificate?
Made me think back in time, I wonder where she is now?

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

and she asks

and I am sure kevin that whoever she is out there wonders about you too. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
If anyone needs to find a christmas present , I think Linda may appreciate this, especially after mr Twigsnappers name dropping about sandcastle?
Written by Melinda long,
http://www.amazon.com/How-Became-Pirate ... 0152018484
kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

interesting to ask

Post by Victoria Steele »

Morgan tells Paul " It was not a dream"

The man who meets with Dr. Brown in that field is red headed with a beard. Linda is 9? She believes he looks like Jesus.

In the Chapter we have been talking about ( Quadratic Equations) Linda is 19? Ten years have passed since that dream. Does she even remember it? When her first love arrives in her life and she flys into his arms, does she even think of that red headed and bearded man? No, probably not. I don't think she was meant to. He is not thinking of that either. He is just being himself.

At what point does she recognize who that man who met her father actually was?

Like kevin just said
"I wonder if Linda ever gave a thought about her DREAM MAN in a saucer?
I wouldn't have been able to ask that apart from the TIME span between when this chapter was written and now.
kevin"

And that is what is happening here and now I think.
Have Ijust gone off into the dark woods all by myself or is anyone else out there with me on this?

Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

looking back/ looking forward

Rereading chapter 29 was interesting, of course, but I have been touched especially by the responses to that Chapter on this forum. I quietly sat down and read the entire thread. Its not that long and it was .... amazing actually.

I just needed to thank all of you for those thoughts and taking the time that you took to get them down . It forms a wonderful thread that has so much heart and feeling. I feel honored to have been able to read it.

I hope in his drive to get this book finished that Paul takes a moment to really appreciate the very special thing that is happening here as all of you consider this story he is trying so hard to capture. And add your inspired thoughts. For certain, a living breathing thing showing itself here. Elizabeth